post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Jerry Reynolds out of the game...

EDIT BY STAFF:
Login for Dallasnews.com
Username: [email protected]
Password: bugmenot

article link

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The move of NASCAR driver Jarrett from Ford to Toyota caused some anquish to Ford's racing loyalists who thrilled at a guy driving around an oval track at high speeds. Serious Ford Followers will mourn another loss that is even more indicative of Ford's failures .. and which will hurt Ford more.

The Dallas Morning News just anounced " High-profile Ford dealer calls it quits. Reynolds sells Prestige stake, says frustration soured him on selling " Jerry Reynolds has been one of Ford's most successful dealers and was truly wired in to Ford's top echelons .. he was often visited and contacted by Ford officials.

Jerry's Prestige Ford, was dragged down by Ford's product and management failures and not the lack of dealer ability. "As the biggest dealership in Dallas County, Prestige Ford sold about 9,000 new cars and trucks in 2001. That had dropped to about 4,100 last year a total still considered large. Likewise, the number of employees at the dealership has fallen from about 400 five years ago to 200 today. "

Jerry knows the business and the market and, to the extent he was ever listened too, was a source of much needed information to Ford. Truth be known, Jerry Reynolds at least belonged on Ford's Board of Directors which is famous for its lack of knowledge of things automotive but known for its sycophantic support of the Ford family wishes.

The irony of Ford losing Jerry Reynolds while rewarding the retiring and unachieving Jim Padilla, already an over compenstated millionaire, with a "consulting package" of $592,000 for a year of helping Bill Ford "transition" into also taking over the COO job is not lost on knowlegeable Ford followers. The idea of Bill Ford, an inept CEO now taking on what was purportedly a full time job of running the company, is farcical.

Another big loss for Ford Motor Company.

"Be who you are and say what you feel. The people who matter don't mind and the people who mind don't matter." - Dr. Seuss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 10:24 AM
Lifer

Awesome Dale Jarrett in a Toyota. That'll piss some rednecks off.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 10:28 AM
Lifer

dammit! I cant believe that shit. Im gonna shoot him an email to see whats up.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 10:31 AM
Scared s**tless

i knew this was coming about ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, 18 months ago. minimum. and i am sure anyone at prestige who made it thru the chopping block did, too.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 10:34 AM
Is it cold in here?

WOW
That was a HUGE dealership!!!

SC457A, what are you gonna do??

[email protected] on some 275 60's!
http://media.putfile.com/Neely-tulsa-final-round001
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 10:37 AM
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankustang
WOW
That was a HUGE dealership!!!

SC457A, what are you gonna do??
dude... just about everyone i worked with at the lincoln.mercury side got canned, except for management.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 11:02 AM
IA2

Read that in the paper a couple of weeks ago. The auto dealer industry continues to consolidate into the hands of a few large corporations, with the mom and pop dealers dying off. Not good for the consumer, and not good for the auto industry either.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 11:05 AM
Oil & Gas

Well I guess slipping from #1 to #3 in Texas was a little pressure.

1965 Mustang coupe 289
2010 Edge
2010 Altima SL (Wife)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 11:21 AM
Still Serving Time

The pressure had something to do with it. Jerry is a good guy. Seems to take care of his crew the best he could. Now the majority owners... hmm well see.

Spank... Im going to hang out a while longer. But I am starting to look around. almost 14 years here, hate to throw away the benefits. well the ones still worth hanging on to.

2003 Cobra - [email protected]
1974 Datsun 260Z - 11.87 at 114(motor)
same on nitrous - 10.25 at 131
2000 Cameron Dragster - 7.68 at 172
2004 Suzuki GSX-R 750 - 12.03 @ 125.26 damn newbie rider- 2.55 60'
2006 Suzuki M109R - 8.05 @ 89.7
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 11:36 AM
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC457A
The pressure had something to do with it. Jerry is a good guy. Seems to take care of his crew the best he could. Now the majority owners... hmm well see.

Spank... Im going to hang out a while longer. But I am starting to look around. almost 14 years here, hate to throw away the benefits. well the ones still worth hanging on to.
i am glad you made it thru. i still talk with lonnie on a regular basis, he was telling me some shit that blew my mind.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

What the hell is this doing here, for gods sakes it says one thing about NACAR and gone.

"Be who you are and say what you feel. The people who matter don't mind and the people who mind don't matter." - Dr. Seuss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement