Proof 99BRINGIT doesn't know anything about college football or his Sooners - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Proof 99BRINGIT doesn't know anything about college football or his Sooners

I just want to show everyone how much this guy DOESN'T KNOW about college football or even about his own team.

All of this can be found on this thread: https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=289459

Page 2, post #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BRINGIT
1. Bomar- I'm not sure what you were looking for from a Freshman QB, throwing to 4 Freshman WR's, but once the dust settled last year, Bomar walked away with almost every single freshan passing record at Oklahoma. Fundamentally he is the best young QB, I've seen in my 20+ years of watching College Football, he is also a student of the game, and is probably the most competitive players a team could have. Mock me all you want, and call me a "homer," but when I see Rhett bomar, I cant help but to think John Elway. He will more than likely go down in history as the best QB Oklahoma has ever had. (yet, YOU say he sucks.) So, that one doesnt bother me as much. I can tell, you are merely trying to get under the skin.
Everyone at OU was gloating and promising that Rhett Bomar was the next Josh Heupel/Jason White, but he isn't. He had a horrible year and it showed in his stats and record.

He sure as hell won't go down as the best QB in OU history, which isn't saying much, because that is Jason White. Tell me again what Jason White is doing these days when it comes to football? Nothing. At least Heupel is holding a clipboard somewhere.

We'll get to those "4 Freshman Recievers" here in a bit.

Quote:
2. Defense Wth the best DE's in the country, a solidified secondary (for the first time in 3 years) and a butkis Finalist at LB, Im not sure where your opinions on the lack of defense/secondary comes from. They finished 4th in overall D last year, and return everyone but Dusty D, and Clint Ingram.
- Best DE's in the country? I don't think so.

http://espn.go.com/melkiper/

Not one OU DE on Mel Kiper's list of top 25 players in the nation coming into 2006.

There sure is one from Texas though in DE Tim Crowder at #9.

- Solidified Secondary? Wrong again.

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/cdepthtext.asp?teKey=57

Its the same crew from last year that got torched by just about everyone, especially Texas.

D.J. Wolfe and Eric Bassey at CB. Reggie Smith and Darien Williams at Saftey.

How many INT's did those guys have last year?

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/...PUXeJ61mYcvrYF

A whopping 4 between them all. 2 for Wolfe and 2 for Smith. SUPER!

- Butkus Finalist? Not one on that roster. Not even a Semi-Finalist.

2005 Butkus Semi-Finalists: http://www.butkusaward.org/05semifinalist.htm

No OU player on that list. Sure is a Texas player though with LB Aaron Harris.

2005 Butkus Finalists: http://www.butkusaward.org/05finalist.htm

Naturally, w/o a Semi-Finalist on the list you can't have a Finalist either.

Good call!

- Finished 4th Overall in Defense? Not even remotely close.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/...erence=I-A_all

They did not finish 4th, but rather 49th. Texas was 4th overall. The only statistical catagories that OU finished in the top 10 were: Rushing Yards Allowed and INT TD's, 4th and 9th respectively.

Quote:
3. Run game/NO passing offense- This is the one that shows me you really dont know a whole lot about this team. It is a pass first run second offense. Play call will be pretty close to 50/50, just like it was in 03, and in 04. Without a solid fullback, most formations will be spread with Peterson in the backfield or split out.
A 50/50 offense? Hardly, but lets take a look shall we?

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/...aViA5B82kcvrYF

336 total pass attempts + 513 total rush attempts = 849 total attempts

Thats 39% pass and 61% run even with Adrian Peterson hurt.

Anyone who has watched Adrian Peterson knows that he is not a split back runner. He is an I formation runner. I don't think I ever saw Adrian Peterson and Kewan Jones in the same backfield.

Quote:
a.
Peterson will be used alot as a decoy, on play action. Now that they have a solid O-Line that has practiced/played together, they'll be fine. (When talking about the O-Line last year, everybody talks about how easy it was to sack Bomar....yet nobody mentions the fact that 2 starters quit the team 1 day before the Opener against TCU. they basically had to scramble the first 4-5 games of the season to even field an offensive unit. Once everything was assembled, the offense was VERY productive.)
- Solid O-Line? Wrong again.

OU is so depleted on O-Line that they are having to take Defensive Line personal and JU-CO transfers to try and shore that line up. How can they have a solid line when they were bad to begin with and haven't even played in actual games with each other seeing as how some of them played on the other side of the ball or haven't even ever played for OU?

How many sacks did that "solid" OU line give up last year?

That would be 21.

- Use Peterson as a decoy?

Why in the hell would you use the best RB/player on your team as a decoy when you have nothing else to utilize at QB, TE, or WR? You don't because that would be lunacy.

- Productive Offense? Lets see about that one.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/...erence=I-A_all

Again, not even in the top 10 in ANY major catagory.

Quote:
b. the recieveing corps this year is as quality as the 03-04 bunch. there are 4 guys that are as good as it gets, and most publications will have them as the #1 recieving corps in the country. (Yet you say they're horrible?) I'm not understanding on what you base that on? Travis Wilson only played in 4 games last year, but you called him their best reciever?
I told you earlier we'd get here.

- As quality as the 03-04 bunch? Not even close.

You've lost your best WR in Travis Wilson due to the draft and have a converted QB and 3 Soph. WR's coming into this year.

Wilson was a Senior last year, Thompson was a Junior, Kelly was a Freshman, and Iglesias was a Freshman. I count only 2 Freshman there, not 4 as you stated earlier.

03-04 Crew consisted of:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ooc/stats?year=2003

Mark Clayton: 83 catches, 1,425 yards, 15 TD

Brandon Jones: 46 catches, 709 yards, 8 TD

Jejuan Rankins: 33 catches, 406 yards, 6 TD

Will Peoples: 24 catches, 299 yards, 3 TD

05-06 Crew consists of:

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/cdepthtext.asp?teKey=57

Malcolm Kelly: 33 catches, 471 yards, 2 TD

Juaquin Iglesias: 19 catches, 290 yards, 2 TD

Manuel Johnson: 10 catches, 170 yards, 1 TD

Lendy Holmes: 2 catches, 19 yards, 0 TD

Awesome crew you got goin on there!

- Most publicatons have them as the #1 recieveing corps in the country.

Find me a link proving this because I sure as hell can't find one and I think the #'s above prove why.

- Travis Wilson only played 4 games last year and wasn't their best reciever.

Wrong. In fact he played in 7 games and was the 2nd leading WR on the team as well as having the most game experience. Remember, he was the only guy to even score a TD, scored 2 of them, against USC in your blowout loss to them 2 years ago. Way to throw him under the bus!

In conclusion, this proves that 99BRINGIT doesn't know jack shit about college football or even his own team, the Oklahoma Sooners.

I don't claim to know it all, but at least I back up what I say with #'s that mean something and I don't lie about things to try and make my team look better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 05:52 PM
lol, this place sucks now

wow, that's a lot of research for quite possibly the most boring post I've ever read

you win
post #3 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 05:53 PM
Pushed to the limit

Dude, you have waaaaaaay too much time on your hands.

But you did pwn the guy.

Buying dogs kills.

post #4 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 05:57 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWTRTXSS
Dude, you have waaaaaaay too much time on your hands.
agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #5 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 05:57 PM
African Booty Scratcher

holy shit, ya'll act like you play for the teams. to each his own.

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #6 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 06:00 PM
AHMO!

SVTvenom and hook'em's lives would be pointless and worthless without UT football.
post #7 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 06:02 PM
African Booty Scratcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
SVTvenom and hook'em's lives would be pointless and worthless without UT football.

i have a theory they might already be.

god bless/

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #8 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Listen, my whole deal is that if you come on here and talk about your team or another, you better be able to prove/back-up what you are saying.
post #9 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 06:37 PM
The Medium Kabuki

victory.... I guess
post #10 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Lifer

I hope you are enjoying yourself. I'm glad to see I have consumed your time.

I usually like to paint the perfect picture, regardless of what the outcome is.

But you my friend......Its a sad, sad day in your household.

post #11 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
I hope you are enjoying yourself. I'm glad to see I have consumed your time.

I usually like to paint the perfect picture, regardless of what the outcome is.

But you my friend......Its a sad, sad day in your household.
LOL! Thats all you got? It took a grand total of about 15 min to gather all that up and type out. It was worth 15 minutes to show you don't know jack about your own team.
post #12 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 07:03 PM
bud
Bleh

Wow...

OK... first of all, Rufus Alexander is projected to be on the Butkus short list for 2006. He is also projected as defensive player of the yr for the Big 12.

The defensive backs looks nothing like last year. Reggie Smith has been moved to CB from Safety. Find some newer articles man...

Now about Bomar... You have said repeatedly that OU had a horrible o-line. He was a freshman. And... to top it off, most people think OU had one of the toughest schedules *ever* last year. Yes, a lot of that was due to Texas... but factor it in when you judge a freshman QB behind a inadequate line.

You like to quote things... here is a quote from collegefootballnews.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegefootballnews.com
The schedule is once again tough, but inexperience can no longer be used as an excuse with 19 players with starting experience returning, a better, more mature quarterback in Rhett Bomar, almost too many talented sophomores to count in the receiving corps and secondary, arguably the best defensive ends in America, and one of the nation's best linebacking corps, and an all-world running back in Adrian Peterson who's fresh and ready to carry the load.
I could go on... but, I will end with agreeing that OU has o-line issues and *THAT* will be the key to their season.

I hope Mac takes them as lightly as you seem to. UT will be the favorite, but OU will be competitive and definately has a chance to have a a good year.

2003 Mustang GT - SOLD!

New Project Coming Soon
post #13 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 07:15 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
LOL! Thats all you got? It took a grand total of about 15 min to gather all that up and type out. It was worth 15 minutes to show you don't know jack about your own team.

Its not worth discussing with you anymore.

You can stay up late at night all you want, and do all the research you want. Keep bangin on that key board, and gettin all angry, and fussy. You've proven to me, what type of lameass nerd you are, by making a thread about this. When its time to discuss Oklahoma football, I'm still going to embelish the areas that i see fit, to paint the picture that i want everyone to see. Its funny that you get so worked up about it.

As more and more of the Pre-Season publications are released, and you read what they have to say about this Oklahoma team, you might as well be prepared now, to write them, and tell them how they dont know what the fuck they are talking about either. Its gonna be REAL funny. But, please dont lose anymore sleep over it.

All I know, is that come January, when I'm sitting with my feet plopped up in some stadium suite in Florida, California, or Arizona watching Oklahoma play in a BCS bowl game, you'll be in your Oak Cliff apartment whackin off to re-runs of the 05' Rose Bowl.

What you need to understand is that life is about the "Have's" and the "Have Not's" And you my friend....Have Not. And probably never will.

post #14 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by budroni
Wow...

OK... first of all, Rufus Alexander is projected to be on the Butkus short list for 2006. He is also projected as defensive player of the yr for the Big 12.
Being projected and actually being are two VERY different things. I'd like you to show me where Rufus Alexander is projected for either.

Quote:
The defensive backs looks nothing like last year. Reggie Smith has been moved to CB from Safety. Find some newer articles man...
That lineup is off of rivals.com OU doesn't have/list a depth chart on their site or any other site that I know of. It really doesn't matter where they are moved to, they still blow and the #'s prove that.

Quote:
Now about Bomar... You have said repeatedly that OU had a horrible o-line. He was a freshman. And... to top it off, most people think OU had one of the toughest schedules *ever* last year. Yes, a lot of that was due to Texas... but factor it in when you judge a freshman QB behind a inadequate line.
All of OU nation claimed that Bomar was badass and would light it up straight out of the box. Yes, their line was BAD last year and its going to be worse this year.

Toughest schedule? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

2005:

TCU
Tulsa
UCLA
Kansas State
Texas
Kansas
Baylor
Nebraska
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
Oklahoma State

Oregon

2006:

UAB
Washington
Oregon
Middle Tennessee
Texas
Iowa State
Colorado
Missouri
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
Baylor
Oklahoma State

Both of those are weak stick and not even remotely close to being considered difficult or the toughest schedule ever.
post #15 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Its not worth discussing with you anymore.

You can stay up late at night all you want, and do all the research you want. Keep bangin on that key board, and gettin all angry, and fussy. You've proven to me, what type of lameass nerd you are, by making a thread about this. When its time to discuss Oklahoma football, I'm still going to embelish the areas that i see fit, to paint the picture that i want everyone to see. Its funny that you get so worked up about it.
You are just pissed because I called you out and proved you wrong.

Quote:
As more and more of the Pre-Season publications are released, and you read what they have to say about this Oklahoma team, you might as well be prepared now, to write them, and tell them how they dont know what the fuck they are talking about either. Its gonna be REAL funny. But, please dont lose anymore sleep over it.
Because we all know that Athlon and Playboy are historically known for being the best at picking who will be good or not, right?

Quote:
All I know, is that come January, when I'm sitting with my feet plopped up in some stadium suite in Florida, California, or Arizona watching Oklahoma play in a BCS bowl game, you'll be in your Oak Cliff apartment whackin off to re-runs of the 05' Rose Bowl.
The only person thats going to be whacking off to old footage is you and that 2000 OU team. OU isn't even going to sniff a BCS game this year or next year.

Quote:
What you need to understand is that life is about the "Have's" and the "Have Not's" And you my friend....Have Not. And probably never will.
Yeah, thats why Texas had the better recruiting class this year. All you have is Peterson and he's fragile, damaged goods.
post #16 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 07:23 PM
bud
Bleh

Quote:
Being projected and actually being are two VERY different things. I'd like you to show me where Rufus Alexander is projected for either.

That lineup is off of rivals.com OU doesn't have/list a depth chart on their site or any other site that I know of. It really doesn't matter where they are moved to, they still blow and the #'s prove that.

All of OU nation claimed that Bomar was badass and would light it up straight out of the box. Yes, their line was BAD last year and its going to be worse this year.

Toughest schedule? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

2005:

TCU
Tulsa
UCLA
Kansas State
Texas
Kansas
Baylor
Nebraska
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
Oklahoma State

Oregon

2006:

UAB
Washington
Oregon
Middle Tennessee
Texas
Iowa State
Colorado
Missouri
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
Baylor
Oklahoma State

Both of those are weak stick and not even remotely close to being considered difficult or the toughest schedule ever.
Read the article on collegefootballnews.com. But of course, they know nothing right? So in fact, you are debunking them, not me. I get my information about *MY* team by following them.

One thing you should have noticed, unlike you (and others, I have yet to say one negative thing about you or your team. You seem adamant that OU sucks and anyone that likes them is a dumbass.

Go ahead and make this personal... I quoted an article to prove my point and if you are just going to say 'My sources are right, yours are dumbasses' then I really have no recourse do I?

I will not sink to yor level and start a tirade about how publications are wrong or UT fans are dumbasses. I respect UT and their fans (for the most part).

You guys have fun taking this personal....

2003 Mustang GT - SOLD!

New Project Coming Soon
post #17 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Read the article on collegefootballnews.com. But of course, they know nothing right? So in fact, you are debunking them, not me. I get my information about *MY* team by following them.
I didn't say they didn't know anything. Look at the teams they will play and tell me if that is honestly that hard of a schedule?

I simply asked you to show me where Rufus Alexander is projected to be either of those things you stated.

Quote:
One thing you should have noticed, unlike you (and others, I have yet to say one negative thing about you or your team. You seem adamant that OU sucks and anyone that likes them is a dumbass.
Quote:
No, I'm simply bringing the Crimson and Cream out of the clouds and putting them back on their feet with the truth.

Go ahead and make this personal... I quoted an article to prove my point and if you are just going to say 'My sources are right, yours are dumbasses' then I really have no recourse do I?

I will not sink to yor level and start a tirade about how publications are wrong or UT fans are dumbasses. I respect UT and their fans (for the most part).

You guys have fun taking this personal....
If I made this personal I would have started calling you or 99BRINGIT names, bringing family in, etc. I didn't and won't do that. I simply pointed out the innacuracies he posted because he thinks he knows it all and that OU is going undefeated like they should every year.
post #18 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 07:37 PM
bud
Bleh

Quote:
I didn't say they didn't know anything. Look at the teams they will play and tell me if that is honestly that hard of a schedule?

I simply asked you to show me where Rufus Alexander is projected to be either of those things you stated.

If I made this personal I would have started calling you or 99BRINGIT names, bringing family in, etc. I didn't and won't do that. I simply pointed out the innacuracies he posted because he thinks he knows it all and that OU is going undefeated like they should every year.
OK...

Quote:
Best Defensive Player: Senior LB Rufus Alexander. He does everything well from stopping the run to rushing the passer to dropping into pass coverage. He'll be on the Butkus Award short list and should be in the hunt for Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year honors.

Quote:
First there was the schedule, which arguably turned out to be among the toughest in college football history with eight of the 12 games played against teams that finished with winning records, six games against teams that finished with nine wins or more, three games against conference champions (TCU, Texas and Tulsa) and six against eventual bowl winners.

2003 Mustang GT - SOLD!

New Project Coming Soon
post #19 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
OK...
I forgot, collegefootballnews.com makes the decision on who is or isn't nominated for the Butkus or Big XII Defensive Player of the Year.

You might want to wait until he's listed on this site: http://www.butkusaward.org/ before making any claims about a 2006 Butkus.

You'll also need to wait until the Big XII actually lists anyone for their award as well.

TCU and Tulsa play in WEAK, non-BCS conferences. I'll give you that Texas was tough because they won the National Championship, but not the other two.
post #20 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 07:45 PM
bud
Bleh

Quote:
I forgot, collegefootballnews.com makes the decision on who is or isn't nominated for the Butkus or Big XII Defensive Player of the Year.

You might want to wait until he's listed on this site: http://www.butkusaward.org/ before making any claims about a Butkus.

You'll also need to wait until the Big XII actually lists anyone for their award as well.

TCU and Tulsa play in WEAK, non-BCS conferences. I'll give you that Texas was tough because they won the National Championship, but not the other two.
Yet you will not wait to see how OU actually plays before saying they stink? I said 'projected'... look it up sometime.

You are not giving me anything, I did not say they had the toughest schedule, collegefootballnews.com did. Please do not give me 'anything'.

2003 Mustang GT - SOLD!

New Project Coming Soon
post #21 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Yet you will not wait to see how OU actually plays before saying they stink? I said 'projected'... look it up sometime.
Talking about what will happen with a team and an individual potentially winning an award are on a different level.
post #22 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
You are not giving me anything, I did not say they had the toughest schedule, collegefootballnews.com did. Please do not give me 'anything'.
And collegefootballnews.com apparently doesn't know dick squat about strength of schedule.
post #23 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 07:51 PM
bud
Bleh

Quote:
And collegefootballnews.com apparently doesn't know dick squat about strength of schedule.

See.. I knew you had that in you.

2003 Mustang GT - SOLD!

New Project Coming Soon
post #24 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 07:59 PM
bud
Bleh

Maybe ncaa.com doesn't know dick either?!?!

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/...games_cumm.pdf

2003 Mustang GT - SOLD!

New Project Coming Soon
post #25 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
See.. I knew you had that in you.
Dude, open your eyes for 5 seconds and actually look at that schedule from 2005. Forget what collegefootballnews.com says and just look at it on your own.

TCU: C'mon dude, its come to calling TCU a tough team for OU, a Big XII team, to beat?

Tulsa: Same thing as above.

UCLA: Probably one of the weakest D-1 defensive units in the nation last year.

Kansas State: Went 5-6 (2-6). Nuff said.

Texas: Toughest game they had all year long.

Kansas: Went 6-5 (3-5) Nuff said

Baylor: 2nd Weakest team in the Big XII last year, and had to go to double OT @ Norman to beat them.

Nebraska: Decent team, but definately in rebuilding mode with Callahan trying to install a West Coast offense.

Texas A&M: Went 5-6 (3-5). Nuff said

Texas Tech: Pretty good team and should have beaten Alabama in the Cotton Bowl.

Oklahoma State: 4-7 (1-7). Worst team in the Big XII BY FAR.
post #26 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Maybe ncaa.com doesn't know dick either?!?!

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/...games_cumm.pdf
The way that is calculated it is simply wins by opponents/total # of games. There isn't any weights placed upon who those wins are against. They could be against 1-AA teams and would still count the same as beating a top 5 team.
post #27 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 08:07 PM
bud
Bleh

Quote:
The way that is calculated it is simply wins by opponents/total # of games. There isn't any weights placed upon who those wins are against. They could be against 1-AA teams and would still count the same as beating a top 5 team.
I see... you wanted someone to backup their claims. I did. But that just led to you saying they don't know dick and they aren't weighted properly. And you counter with YOUR thoughts on their rankings. Sorry dude... I think I will take their considerations over yours.

2003 Mustang GT - SOLD!

New Project Coming Soon
post #28 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
I see... you wanted someone to backup their claims. I did. But that just led to you saying they don't know dick and they aren't weighted properly. And you counter with YOUR thoughts on their rankings. Sorry dude... I think I will take their considerations over yours.
I agree with you that when you use THAT statistical method they have that #1 ranking.

But honestly, do the wins by a team for example, like Tulsa who played:

- Minnesota
- OU
- North Texas
- Memphis
- Houston
- Southern Miss.
- Rice
- SMU
- UTEP
- ECU
- Tulane
- UCF

really make THAT strength of schedule realistic because they won a bunch of games against some nothing oppoents?
post #29 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 08:18 PM
bud
Bleh

Quote:
I agree with you that when you use that statistical method they have that #1 ranking.

But honestly, do the wins by a team for example, like Tulsa who played:

- Minnesota
- OU
- North Texas
- Memphis
- Houston
- Southern Miss.
- Rice
- SMU
- UTEP
- ECU
- Tulane
- UCF

really make THAT strength of schedule realistic because they won a bunch of games against some nothing oppoents?
Well all you have done is refute it with your thoughts. I did as you asked and your answer was (again) 'don't know dick' and 'I do not agree with their formula'.

2003 Mustang GT - SOLD!

New Project Coming Soon
post #30 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Well all you have done is refute it with your thoughts. I did as you asked and your answer was (again) 'don't know dick' and 'I do not agree with their formula'.
I already agreed with you on that ranking by using that method makes them #1 soely by wins by opponents, non counting who they are against.

Answer the question I posed. Do those wins mean as much as wins against teams who are ranked?
post #31 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 08:25 PM
bud
Bleh

Quote:
I already agreed with you on that ranking by using that method makes them #1 soely by wins by opponents, non counting who they are against.

Answer the question I posed. Do those wins mean as much as wins against teams who are ranked?

I think wins against ranked teams is a very good measure. You are the one who refuted something collegefootballnews.com said (again, I never stated they had the toughest schedule). I must have missed your criteria for refuting when you said they did not know dick.

2003 Mustang GT - SOLD!

New Project Coming Soon
post #32 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 08:31 PM
bud
Bleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersonsports.com
Oklahoma played by far the nation's toughest schedule: the Sooners played 6 of their 12 games against teams that finished in the top 25 (4 vs. teams that finished in the top 12), with only 1 of those at home.
Any better?

2003 Mustang GT - SOLD!

New Project Coming Soon
post #33 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

TCU: Played 1 ranked team on entire schedule, OU. Lost.

Tulsa: Played 1 ranked team on entire schedule, OU. Lost.

UCLA: Played 3 ranked teams on schedule, OU/Cal/USC. Beat OU and Cal.

Texas: Played 5 ranked teams on schedule, Ohio St/OU/Colorado/Texas Tech/USC. Won all 5.

Kansas: Played 5 ranked teams on schedule, Texas Tech/OU/Colrado/Nebraska/Texas. Beat Nebraska. Lost other 4.

Baylor: Played 5 ranked teams on schedule, Iowa St./Nebraska/OU/Texas Tech/Texas. Beat Iowa St. Lost other 4.

Nebraska: Played 5 ranked teams on schedule, Iowa St./Texas Tech/OU/Colorado/Michigan. Beat Iowa St., Colorado, and Michigan. Lost other 2.

Texas A&M: Played 5 ranked teams on schedule, Colorado/Iowa St/Texas Tech/OU/Texas. Lost all 5.

Texas Tech: Played 4 ranked teams on schedule, Nebraska/Texas/OU/Alabama. Beat Nebraska and OU. Lost other 2.

Oklahoma St: Played 5 ranked teams on schedule, Colorado/Iowa St./Texas/Texas Tech/OU. Beat Texas Tech. Lost other 4.

Bowl Game:

Oregon: Played 5 ranked teams on schedule, Fresno St/USC/Arizona St./Cal/OU. Beat Fresno St. and Cal. Lost other 3.

See what I mean?

Thats 43 ranked teams played and only 17 wins or 39.5% winning percentage against ranked teams.
post #34 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 08:47 PM
bud
Bleh

Quote:
TCU: Played 1 ranked team on entire schedule, OU. Lost.

Tulsa: Played 1 ranked team on entire schedule, OU. Lost.

UCLA: Played 3 ranked teams on schedule, OU/Cal/USC. Beat OU and Cal.

Texas: Played 5 ranked teams on schedule, Ohio St/OU/Colorado/Texas Tech/USC. Won all 5.

Kansas: Played 5 ranked teams on schedule, Texas Tech/OU/Colrado/Nebraska/Texas. Beat Nebraska. Lost other 4.

Baylor: Played 5 ranked teams on schedule, Iowa St./Nebraska/OU/Texas Tech/Texas. Beat Iowa St. Lost other 4.

Nebraska: Played 5 ranked teams on schedule, Iowa St./Texas Tech/OU/Colorado/Michigan. Beat Iowa St., Colorado, and Michigan. Lost other 2.

Texas A&M: Played 5 ranked teams on schedule, Colorado/Iowa St/Texas Tech/OU/Texas. Lost all 5.

Texas Tech: Played 4 ranked teams on schedule, Nebraska/Texas/OU/Alabama. Beat Nebraska and OU. Lost other 2.

Oklahoma St: Played 5 ranked teams on schedule, Colorado/Iowa St./Texas/Texas Tech/OU. Beat Texas Tech. Lost other 4.

Bowl Game:

Oregon: Played 5 ranked teams on schedule, Fresno St/USC/Arizona St./Cal/OU. Beat Fresno St. and Cal. Lost other 3.

See what I mean?

Thats 43 ranked teams played and only 17 wins or 39.5% winning percentage against ranked teams.

Dude.... You are talking about quality wins, not strength of schedule.

2003 Mustang GT - SOLD!

New Project Coming Soon
post #35 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Dude.... You are talking about quality wins, not strength of schedule.
I'm talking about playing people that are actually hard and mean something. Playing/beating Ohio State means more than playing/beating Tulsa because of what they did and who they played, not because they merely won games.
post #36 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 08:55 PM
bud
Bleh

Quote:
I'm talking about playing people that are actually hard and mean something. Beating Ohio State means more than beating Tulsa.

OK. Well then, NCAA.org does it wrong, collegefootballnews.com doesn't know dick and anderson sports ????. I am back to my point that you wanted someone to back up what they said (which again, I never said) and so I did... You respond with your thoughts on those publications intead of refuting with the same proof you asked others to provide. Man... No one can win with you. Either your publications are the only ones that count, or you know more than they do. Either way, there is no way I can win.

Enough of this.

2003 Mustang GT - SOLD!

New Project Coming Soon
post #37 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
OK. Well then, NCAA.org does it wrong, collegefootballnews.com doesn't know dick and anderson sports ????. I am back to my point that you wanted someone to back up what they said (which again, I never said) and so I did... You respond with your thoughts on those publications intead of refuting with the same proof you asked others to provide. Man... No one can win with you. Either your publications are the only ones that count, or you know more than they do. Either way, there is no way I can win.

Enough of this.
I'm simply trying to prove the point that OU isn't as good as they think they are and are not justified in thinking that they deserve any type of high ranking because Athlon or collegefootballnews.com says so.

I agreed with you that when you use that poor method of judging strength of schedule by mere wins/games played, they are #1. When you actually look past just the # of wins and who those are actually against, its a bunch of bullshit.
post #38 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 09:05 PM
bud
Bleh

Quote:
I'm simply trying to prove the point that OU isn't as good as they think they are and are not justified in thinking that they deserve any type of high ranking because Athlon or collegefootballnews.com says so.

I agreed with you that when you use that poor method of judging strength of schedule by mere wins/games played, they are #1. When you actually look past just the # of wins and who those are actually against, its a bunch of bullshit.

And anderson and collegefootballnews both don't know dick.... Why gloss over two others to make a point on one?

Bah.. Like I said, forget I ever posted. I like OU. You like UT. Hopefully it will be a good game and I will be there.

2003 Mustang GT - SOLD!

New Project Coming Soon
post #39 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
And anderson and collegefootballnews both don't know dick.... Why gloss over two others to make a point on one?

Bah.. Like I said, forget I ever posted. I like OU. You like UT. Hopefully it will be a good game and I will be there.
Another thing, if the method you use for schedule strength is such a great measure, how come it isn't used, in part, to help determine the National Champion?
post #40 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Thats right, because it is a flawed method and was removed from the process of making such an important decision in rankings.
post #41 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 09:31 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Wow, t-sips are sad.
post #42 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 10:56 PM
Lifer

Best freshman QB ever in college football????? Bomar is a talented player, but best ever???

Did you ever see Omar Jacobs play his redshirt freshman year at Bowling Green???????????????????????????

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade
post #43 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got5onIt
Best freshman QB ever in college football????? Bomar is a talented player, but best ever???

Did you ever see Omar Jacobs play his redshirt freshman year at Bowling Green???????????????????????????
His first season wasn't the one where he took off. It was his second year.

'03:

3 GP, 218.5, 19/28, 67.9%, 345 yards, 12.3 Y/A, 115 Y/G, 4 TD, 0 INT

'04:

12 GP, 167.2, 309/462, 66.9%, 4,002 yards, 8.7 Y/A, 333.5 Y/G, 41 TD, 4 INT

Still, Rhett Bomar is no Omar Jacobs.
post #44 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 11:59 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Thats right, because it is a flawed method and was removed from the process of making such an important decision in rankings.

kind of like passer rating in the ncaa, wouldn't you say
post #45 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
kind of like passer rating in the ncaa, wouldn't you say
The reason you say that why? Because a QB you don't like, Vince Young, was the best in that catagory.
post #46 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 01:08 AM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
The reason you say that why? Because a QB you don't like, Vince Young, was the best in that catagory.

just proving a point.

and you just proved another. with this post....lol.

greatness
post #47 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 07:37 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

This post gives me failed smile and tired head.
post #48 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
just proving a point.

and you just proved another. with this post....lol.

greatness
The only thing you proved is that you are biased towards Vince Young and have no reason to be when he's proven to be a great QB. He's also made you eat a bunch of humble pie too.

Rhett Bomar hasn't proved that and won't.
post #49 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 09:45 AM
BOOMER SOONER!

The only thing YOU'VE proved by this post & the tirade your going on in FUCKING MAY of all things is how blinded you are by the burnt orange. OU could blow out the world next year & Bomar could throw for 300 yards a game & you'd still find things wrong with them & shit talk them. We we're cool to each other in PM's, but this shit you continue to post is fucking sad. RELAX already, like I said, it's only MAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #50 of 195 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 03:35 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder99TA
Bomar could throw for 300 yards a game & you'd still find things wrong with them & shit talk them. We we're cool to each other in PM's, but this shit you continue to post is fucking sad. RELAX already, like I said, it's only MAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Funny & True...He will never give Bomar his props.....Unless he plays for Texas

SVTVenom, how old are you?

You know there is sun outside..How about leaving the computer for once to catch a Tan...

Quote:

Still, Rhett Bomar is no Omar Jacobs.
and still....Rhett Bomar isnt in a System like Bowling Greens ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.

Last edited by unkoricky; 05-25-2006 at 04:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement