18. Miami
19. TCU
20. Boston College
21. Penn State
22. Georgia
23. UTEP
24. Virginia Tech
25. Texas Tech

He has some good picks, but is a bit confused on some of his top picks.

My top 25:

1. Texas - They are #1 until they get beat.
2. Ohio St.
3. Notre Dame
4. Florida
5. Penn State
6. Iowa
7. Auburn
8. Florida St.
9. LSU
10. West Virginia
11. Georgia
12. Oklahoma
13. Nebraska
14. Clemson
15. Michigan
16. USC
17. Cal
18. Miami
19. Oregon
20. Louisville
21. Boston College
22. TCU
23. Texas Tech
24. UTEP
25. Virginia Tech
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2006, 11:57 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
1. Texas - They are #1 until they get beat.
Don't you know, USC are the only ones who can still be #1 after winning a National Championship. Everyone else is #3 or lower. lmao

post #3 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2006, 12:09 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Is TCU going to have to beat OU again to wake people up?

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

post #4 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2006, 12:20 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
No the refs won't allow them, therefor giving you one more sport to not like and call not legit.
post #5 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2006, 12:52 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
No the refs won't allow them, therefor giving you one more sport to not like and call not legit.
I find much humor in this post.
post #6 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2006, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
TCU was pretty good last year and will be pretty decent this year, but playing in the Mountain West conference doesn't help out much on schedule strength.
post #7 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 02:42 AM
P1

and they lost to SMU....and they sucked pretty bad

Oh! A phoneg is ringin....
post #8 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 04:34 AM
Turn Your Swag On!

If SMU had won one more game (the poorly called one against Tulsa most likely), we would've gone bowling. I'm pretty sure you'll be seeing us in a bowl game this year too. I doubt TCU is going to do that great this year though. Too bad SMU can't get another win off of them this year though.

1955 F-100
2006 S2000
post #9 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 04:35 AM
Turn Your Swag On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo'syellow4.6
and they lost to SMU....and they sucked pretty bad
5-6 isn't that bad really...especially compared to two years ago when we went 0-12. Orsini might be able to pump some life back into the athletics program unlike Copeland who kept draining it out.

1955 F-100
2006 S2000
post #10 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 04:36 AM
D
Sofa Kingdom

As much as I knew they wouldn't be on there, it still makes me sad not to see Colorado up there. I remember back in the day when they were always up there.

Fuckin Rick Neuheisel (sp?).

post #11 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90StangLX5.0
As much as I knew they wouldn't be on there, it still makes me sad not to see Colorado up there. I remember back in the day when they were always up there.

Fuckin Rick Neuheisel (sp?).
When your main offensive weapon is your kicker, Mason Crosby, you tend to not be put into the Top 25.
post #12 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 10:51 AM
Lifer

Quote:
No shit. Top 20 minimum for the Horny Toads, IMO.
What's up with UTEP hitting the pre season Top 25????? They weren't even ranked duing the last half of the season.

Mountaineers should be ranked #1. That team was unstoppable at the end of the year and most of the team returns.

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade
post #13 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 11:16 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
No, they have instant replay now. It may slow down the game, but it makes games approx. 70% better officiated.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #14 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 11:16 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got5onIt
What's up with UTEP hitting the pre season Top 25????? They weren't even ranked duing the last half of the season.
How many Seniors did the toads lose this year? I really don't know.
post #15 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
TCU is a good team and I've got them in the top 20 at #19, but they need to do a bit more of proving before they get any higher in pre-season polls.

Quote:
UTEP has been a good team the past few years and Mike Price has done a great job in taking a realitve no-name program and making them a top 25 contender.

Quote:
Mountaineers should be ranked #1. That team was unstoppable at the end of the year and most of the team returns.
That is one of the single dumbest things I've ever read on this forum. UWV lost to Virginia Tech and barely squeaked by an overrated Georgia team in the Sugar Bowl. Other than Georgia, Virginia Tech was the best team they played the whole season and thats not saying much. The Big East is not powerful enough to warrant giving UWV that high of a ranking with Lousiville being the only other team that was ranked in the top 25 at the end of last year and in the pre-season this year. I've got them at #10 and thats a good spot for them.

Last edited by SVTVenom; 05-21-2006 at 08:20 PM.
post #16 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 06:53 PM
Lifer

Quote:
UTEP has been a good team the past few years and Mike Price has done a great job in taking a realitve no-name program and making them a top 25 contender.
This is the single dumbest, most retarded thing I've ever read on these forums. When did the Top 25 poll ever become the Top 25 Coaches Coaching in Div 1 Poll??? I guess we can expect Dennis Erickson and his Idaho Vandals on the list soon, right?????
Granted, UTEP is a better team under Price with 2 solid seasons. They ended last year getting smashed by Toledo in the GMAC Bowl. Why is Toledo not ranked????????????????????? Where are the C-USA champs, Tulsa???????????

Tell the truth, you just took his rankings and switched them to your liking.

Quote:
That is one of the single dumbest things I've ever read on this forum. UVA lost to Virginia Tech and barely squeaked by an overrated Georgia team in the Sugar Bowl. Other than Georgia, Virginia Tech was the best team they played the whole season and thats not saying much. The Big East is not powerful enough to warrant giving UVA that high of a ranking with Lousiville being the only other team that was ranked in the top 25 at the end of last year and in the pre-season this year. I've got them at #10 and thats a good spot for them.
First of all, remove your head out of Vince Young's a$$ and realize we're talking about West Virginia, NOT the Cav's of Virginia. Second of all, the VaTech loss was early in the year, WVU got on roll and went right through the SEC Champs in the Sugar Bowl..
WVU has almost their entire team coming back. They were dominating a very good Georgia team for the first half and held them off in the end when it counted. You're severely underestimating the SEC.
If you watch college football and not limit yourself to Longhorn only games, then you'd know rivalry matchups are as much about emotion & coaching than about pure talent. WVU-VaTech has been unpredictable for the past several seasons.

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade

Last edited by Got5onIt; 05-21-2006 at 08:51 PM.
post #17 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
This is the single dumbest, most retarded thing I've ever read on these forums. When did the Top 25 poll ever become the Top 25 Coaches Coaching in Div 1 Poll??? I guess we can expect Dennis Erickson and his Idaho Vandals on the list soon, right?????
Granted, UTEP is a better team under Price with 2 solid seasons. They ended last year getting smashed by Toledo in the GMAC Bowl. Why is Toledo not ranked????????????????????? Where are the C-USA champs, Tulsa???????????

Tell the truth, you just took his rankings and switched them to your liking.

First of all, remove your head out of Vince Young's a$$ and realize we're talking about West Virginia, NOT the Cav's of Virginia. Second of all, the VaTech loss was early in the year, WVU got on roll and went right through the SEC Champs in the Sugar Bowl..
WVU has almost their entire team coming back. They were dominating a very good Georgia team for the first half and held them off in the end when it counted. You're severely underestimating the SEC.
If you watch college football and not limit yourself to Longhorn only games, then you'd know rivalry matchups are as much about emotion & coaching than about pure talent. WVU-VaTech has been unpredictable for the past several seasons.
You are right in the fact that I put the wrong letters in talking about West Virginia. Forgive me, but I was making several posts at once.

West Virginia did not "go right through" Georgia in that game. They were up early, but almost lost that game to a Georgia team that got beat by both Florida and Auburn, who were in the back half of the top 25 at #15 & 16 respectively. Georgia also did not impress against South Carolina, Tennessee, Arkansas, or Georgia Tech. They should have blown those teams out. They were overranked.

West Virginia played absolutely NOBODY that had any consequence what-so-ever in the national picture during their regular season, save for Virgnia Tech to which they lost and we later found out what we already knew in that Va. Tech sucked as well. Also, that loss was not early as it was in the 5th weak of play. Thats mid-season.

You actually have to amass more than one win against a borderline "good opponent" to warrant such a high ranking while playing in a very poor conference such as the Big East.

I actually watched several UTEP games last year when they were on local TV and they are a pretty decent team. The reason Toledo is not there is because of the loss of Bruce Gradkowski, their star QB, in the draft as well as questionable losses to Fresno St., Central Michigan, and Northern Illinois. Now I do realize that UTEP also had some questionable losses to both UAB and SMU, but they have become one of the teams to beat in Conference USA and its just splitting hairs between UTEP and Toledo right now. Also, Tulsa got beat by UTEP last year.
post #18 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Lifer

And while you're heads clean and clear, check out the best pre-season ranks to date:
http://www.athlonsports.com/

If you change the date on your CPU, #1-5 will show up.

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade

Last edited by Got5onIt; 05-21-2006 at 09:02 PM.
post #19 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
And while you're heads clean and clear, check out the best pre-season poll to date:
http://www.athlonsports.com/

If you change the date on your CPU, #1-5 will show up.

The date trick did not work for me.

Nebraska should be ranked higher as well as Texas. Having Louisville, Cal, and West Virginia that high is laugable at best. Virginia Tech should be at the back or not even ranked as with Tennesse as well.
post #20 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 09:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
The date trick did not work for me.

Nebraska should be ranked higher as well as Texas. Having Louisville, Cal, and West Virginia that high is laugable at best. Virginia Tech should be at the back or not even ranked as with Tennesse as well.
#1 OU
#2 ND
#3 USC
#4 OSU
#5 Florida

Although I don't agree with 1-6,
7-25 are pretty solid, IMO.
OU & ND are way too high.

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade
post #21 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
#1 OU
#2 ND
#3 USC
#4 OSU
#5 Florida

Although I don't agree with 1-5, the rest of the list is pretty solid, IMO.
OU & ND are way too high.

LMMFAO @ that Top 5. Whoever put that together is a dumbass.

OU has got Peterson and thats about it. Bomar sucks ass and that line is so bad you could drive a Mack truck through it. Peterson is going to see 8 and 9 men in the box and even he isn't going to run through that.

ND being in the top 5 is legit, but not at #2. They've got some power with Quinn, but their 'D' is questionable, especially at cornerback.

USC has lost way too many people in the draft and have had their #1 RB go down for the season as well as QB Mark Sanchez out with rape charges and Booty with back surgery. Wayyyyyyy overrated there.

OSU is legit top 5 although losing that many guys on 'D' is tough to fill back in, but Tressel has done it before.

Florida is decent with Leak, but they lost their best WR to the draft and have a poor running game IMHO. They had a great recruiting class, but I'm not sure if that will translate into much this season. Leak is why they are ranked so high on my list right now, but they could easily be moved down a few spots.

Last edited by SVTVenom; 05-21-2006 at 09:23 PM.
post #22 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 09:13 PM
Time Served

I have high hopes for my Texas Tech Red Raiders, we are a young team that will be good for a few years. we have a tough road schedule but it will be intresting in the Big 12.

I have a funny feeling Florida is gonna win it all this year. They aheva ton of talent, a great coach, and got incredible recruits.
post #23 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.8 STANG
I have high hopes for my Texas Tech Red Raiders, we are a young team that will be good for a few years. we have a tough road schedule but it will be intresting in the Big 12.

I have a funny feeling Florida is gonna win it all this year. They aheva ton of talent, a great coach, and got incredible recruits.
Leach always seems to have some guy waiting in the wings to plug into that crazy offense. However, replacing Cody Hodges and Taurean Henderson is going to be tough. I expect them to be around the same as last year, maybe a bit less.

Florida did have a great recruiting class this year, but I don't think you'll see too many of those guys starting. Leak has a great arm, but he makes bad choices under pressure and thinks he has escapability speed when he really doesn't. I think having that year and this offseason under Meyer will help cure some of those mistakes.

Last edited by SVTVenom; 05-21-2006 at 09:27 PM.
post #24 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 09:37 PM
Time Served

[QUOTE=SVTVenom]Leach always seems to have some guy waiting in the wings to plug into that crazy offense. However, replacing Cody Hodges and Taurean Henderson is going to be tough. I expect them to be around the same as last year, maybe a bit less.

Agreed, I think OU might win the Big 12, they came on strong at the end last year, but we will see. I hope Tech can win it in my last semester here
post #25 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Agreed, I think OU might win the Big 12, they came on strong at the end last year, but we will see. I hope Tech can win it in my last semester here
I actually think that OU will be the biggest disappointment of the Big 12. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
post #26 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 09:51 PM
Time Served

They could, if they dotn do well Peterson is gone and they will eb done. I cant wait for college football to start, I got a big screen TV yesterday and its dying for some Saturday football action.
post #27 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
They could, if they dotn do well Peterson is gone and they will eb done. I cant wait for college football to start, I got a big screen TV yesterday and its dying for some Saturday football action.
I think it is a foregone conclusion that Peterson is gone after this year. Not much to gain by staying with a struggling/rebuilding program. Afterall, he was quoted as saying that the reason he selected OU over Texas was the better chance at winning a National Championship. Ooops!
post #28 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Just to prove that Athlon doesn't know dick about NCAA Football here is their top 10 from last year. Their final records and rankings are to the right:

1. USC - (12-1) - #2
2. Tennessee - (5-6) - N/R
3. Iowa - (7-5) - N/R
4. OU - (8-4) - #22
5. Florida State - (8-5) - #23
6. Texas - (13-0) - #1
7. Michigan - (7-5) - N/R
8. Louisville - (9-3) - #19
9. LSU - (11-2) - #6
10. Va. Tech - (11-2) - #7

Thats right, a third of their top ten didn't even end up being ranked at the end of last season. Stellar!
post #29 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 10:55 PM
Lifer

Texas should be #1 until they get beat. Im a big Texas fan but I dont seeing them repeat. I hope they do though
post #30 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 12:10 AM
bud
Bleh

Quote:
I actually think that OU will be the biggest disappointment of the Big 12. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
I would be willing to wager a small bet on the OU/Texas game with ya... I agree the line is the biggest unknown, but you were unfair about Rhett. I think he figured he was the man and learned a hard lesson. I still think he is a good QB. Basically, if Stoops can do anything with the line, AP and RB should have good years. I am not worried about their D. Stoops usually has a solid D.

2003 Mustang GT - SOLD!

New Project Coming Soon
post #31 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by budroni
I would be willing to wager a small bet on the OU/Texas game with ya... I agree the line is the biggest unknown, but you were unfair about Rhett. I think he figured he was the man and learned a hard lesson. I still think he is a good QB. Basically, if Stoops can do anything with the line, AP and RB should have good years. I am not worried about their D. Stoops usually has a solid D.
The general bet around here is sig/avatar. I'm sure there will be a thread started around that time so you'll see me there.

The problem is, Rhett Bomar isn't as good as Stoops thought he was and now he is stuck with him seeing as how Paul Thompson isn't any better and is more valuable as a WR.

Bomar has basically nobody to throw to since their best reciever, Travis Wilson, graduated and went to the draft. Malcom Kelly is their go-to guy now at WR and he's a Soph. with only 8 games under his belt.

A bad QB and bad WR's = heavy running game. Teams will know this going into the season and are going to stack the line against the Peterson run.

OU's secondary was HORRENDOUS last year and will not be any better this year.

Sorry OU fans, but its another sub-par year in store for you.
post #32 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 12:28 AM
bud
Bleh

Quote:
The general bet around here is sig/avatar. I'm sure there will be a thread started around that time so you'll see me there.

The problem is, Rhett Bomar isn't as good as Stoops thought he was and now he is stuck with him seeing as how Paul Thompson isn't any better and is more valuable as a WR.

Bomar has basically nobody to throw to since their best reciever, Travis Wilson, graduated and went to the draft. Malcom Kelly is their go-to guy now at WR and he's a Soph. with only 8 games under his belt.

A bad QB and bad WR's = heavy running game. Teams will know this going into the season and are going to stack the line against the Peterson run.

I also disagree about the WR situation. Last year we had as many as three freshman on the field at WR. Iglecias and Kelly are good recievers. Chaney should get some playing time this year and Thompson will just get better at the position.

The DBs are led by Smith of course, but Clayton and Wolfe are also strong players.

In the end, it will be the o-line and AP's health the decide this team's future.

2003 Mustang GT - SOLD!

New Project Coming Soon
post #33 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
I also disagree about the WR situation. Last year we had as many as three freshman on the field at WR. Iglecias and Kelly are good recievers. Chaney should get some playing time this year and Thompson will just get better at the position.

The DBs are led by Smith of course, but Clayton and Wolfe are also strong players.

In the end, it will be the o-line and AP's health the decide this team's future.
2005-2006:

Kelly went for 33 receptions, 471 yards, and 2 TD

Iglesias went for 19 receptions, 290 yards, and 2 TD

Thompson went for 11 receptions, 106 yards, and 0 TD

Those are your 3 best guys this year and those are BAD #'s.

Didn't D.J. Wolfe get absolutely BURNED by Ramonce Taylor for Texas' first TD? Expect more of the same, just not from RT .

That O-Line is patchwork at best. Peterson is gonna get banged and eventually hurt again.
post #34 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 12:41 AM
bud
Bleh

Quote:
2005-2006:

Kelly went for 33 receptions, 471 yards, and 2 TD

Iglesias went for 19 receptions, 290 yards, and 2 TD

Thompson went for 11 receptions, 106 yards, and 0 TD

Those are your 3 best guys this year and those are BAD #'s.

Didn't D.J. Wolfe get absolutely BURNED by Ramonce Taylor for Texas' first TD? Expect more of the same, just not from RT .

That O-Line is patchwork at best. Peterson is gonna get banged and eventually hurt again.
Again, I agree with the o-line issue. But, If you are saying that the two freshman will only be as good as they were last year, I think you are wrong. They will/should be better. Though I know I am biased as I went to school there. I never said they would win the NC. Just think they will beat Texas!

2003 Mustang GT - SOLD!

New Project Coming Soon
post #35 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Again, I agree with the o-line issue. But, If you are saying that the two freshman will only be as good as they were last year, I think you are wrong. They will/should be better. Though I know I am biased as I went to school there. I never said they would win the NC. Just think they will beat Texas!
The problem is, those WR's can only be as good as the guy throwing the ball to them. I'm sorry but Bomar still sucks. Jamaal Charles is going to do to OU what Adrian Peterson did to Texas 2 years ago, only he will actually put it in the end-zone.
post #36 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Here is what Texas has in store for OU in their FRESHMAN WR and QB:

Ken 'Deon' Beasley & Jevan Snead - Right Click, Save Target As
post #37 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 01:15 AM
bud
Bleh

I wonder if you said VY sucks after his freshman year... He threw more interceptions than touchdowns and had worse stats than RB.... No, you did not. Maybe I missed the interview with Stoops where he said that RB is not as good as he thought. Just how good do you expect a freshman to be? I wish that OK had a good seasoned QB last year to go along with AP, but it just wasn't the case and everyone could key on AP (and did). It would have been nice to season RB up with a little playing time in blowouts and get a good year in practice...

2003 Mustang GT - SOLD!

New Project Coming Soon
post #38 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 01:16 AM
bud
Bleh

BTW, I was not hating on VY. I think he proved a lot of people wrong. Hope he kicks butt in the NFL!

2003 Mustang GT - SOLD!

New Project Coming Soon
post #39 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
I wonder if you said VY sucks after his freshman year... He threw more interceptions than touchdowns and had worse stats than RB.... No, you did not. Maybe I missed the interview with Stoops where he said that RB is not as good as he thought. Just how good do you expect a freshman to be? I wish that OK had a good seasoned QB last year to go along with AP, but it just wasn't the case and everyone could key on AP (and did). It would have been nice to season RB up with a little playing time in blowouts and get a good year in practice...
People already knew he had alot of talent coming into Texas and had proven that in HS. That also translated onto the field once he got settled into the offense.

Bomar started every game after the first one and still looked just as confused in the Oregon game as he did in his first start. If you are expecting Bomar to breakout in his Soph. year like VY did, you are sorely mistaken and are in for a major disappointment.
post #40 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 11:12 AM
BOOMER SOONER!

Quote:
People already knew he had alot of talent coming into Texas and had proven that in HS. That also translated onto the field once he got settled into the offense.

Bomar started every game after the first one and still looked just as confused in the Oregon game as he did in his first start. If you are expecting Bomar to breakout in his Soph. year like VY did, you are sorely mistaken and are in for a major disappointment.
you are definetly blinded by the burnt orange. No one expects Bomar to win the Heisman this year, but to say he will be a major dissapointment is nothing but bias. Granted spring drills prove nothing, but Bomar had a standout performance & the WR's are going to be fun to watch. The o-line definetly took a hit, but OU made some decent pick ups from juco to help out.

I don't think OU is a legit #2 AT ALL, but top 10 isn't far fetched in my opinion. If OU gets a win at Oregon9supposedly a very hostile place for visitors) & a win in Dallas they have a legitimate shot at going undefeated, they have a cupcake schedule this year. I also agree that UT stays #1 until proven otherwise.
post #41 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder99TA
you are definetly blinded by the burnt orange. No one expects Bomar to win the Heisman this year, but to say he will be a major dissapointment is nothing but bias. Granted spring drills prove nothing, but Bomar had a standout performance & the WR's are going to be fun to watch. The o-line definetly took a hit, but OU made some decent pick ups from juco to help out.

I don't think OU is a legit #2 AT ALL, but top 10 isn't far fetched in my opinion. If OU gets a win at Oregon9supposedly a very hostile place for visitors) & a win in Dallas they have a legitimate shot at going undefeated, they have a cupcake schedule this year. I also agree that UT stays #1 until proven otherwise.
I think that OU has a chance to beat Oregon @ Oregon, but beating them on an neutral site and beating them at home are two very different things. Bomar didn't really impress in that game only completing 56.7% and 1 TD, 1 INT.

Bomar was so confused in the RRS he didn't know up from down or left from right. OU ain't gonna be able to beat Texas this year either.

All of OU was swinging on Bomar's nuts coming into last season saying he was the next Josh Heupel(sp?)/Jason White and he failed to meet those expectations and will continue to do so. Remember, you guys dropped 4 games, plus had to go to double OT against BAYLOR @ Norman.

OU's season solely hinges on Peterson and his health. With Bomar's inability to produce at QB, inexperienced WR's, and 'O' line worries to the hilt I think you might want to take it one game at a time instead of worrying about going undefeated.
post #42 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 11:40 AM
BOOMER SOONER!

Quote:
I think that OU has a chance to beat Oregon @ Oregon, but beating them on an neutral site and beating them at home are two very different things. Bomar didn't really impress in that game only completing 56.7% and 1 TD, 1 INT.

Bomar was so confused in the RRS he didn't know up from down or left from right. OU ain't gonna be able to beat Texas this year either.

All of OU was swinging on Bomar's nuts coming into last season saying he was the next Josh Heupel(sp?)/Jason White and he failed to meet those expectations and will continue to do so. Remember, you guys dropped 4 games, plus had to go to double OT against BAYLOR @ Norman.

OU's season solely hinges on Peterson and his health. With Bomar's inability to produce at QB, inexperienced WR's, and 'O' line worries to the hilt I think you might want to take it one game at a time instead of worrying about going undefeated.
We'll have to agree to disagree on the future of Bomar. He's not the second coming like some made him out to be, but I think you are highly under estimating his ability to produce.

LMAO at OU not being able to beat UT this year, glad your so solid in your faith in an unproven QB.
post #43 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 11:42 AM
BOOMER SOONER!

Quote:
very true, without Peterson OU will struggle, point proven last year(even though he still led the Big 12 in yards for a RB). Just think how your season would have gone down had VY been injured in game #1.
post #44 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
We'll have to agree to disagree on the future of Bomar. He's not the second coming like some made him out to be, but I think you are highly under estimating his ability to produce.

LMAO at OU not being able to beat UT this year, glad your so solid in your faith in an unproven QB.
I'll take Jevan Snead with 0 college snaps over Rhett Bomar with a full season under his belt any day of the week and 2x on Sunday. Texas' 'D' will continue to rip Bomar a new one.
post #45 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
very true, without Peterson OU will struggle, point proven last year(even though he still led the Big 12 in yards for a RB). Just think how your season would have gone down had VY been injured in game #1.
There is no doubt it my mind that Texas would not have had as much success as they did last season if that happened.

All I have to say is OU fans better keep their fingers crossed and hope that shoulder and/or ankle doesn't get re-injured.

Also, Peterson had about 2/5 of his production in only 2 games against Tulsa and Ok. St.
post #46 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 12:13 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Just to prove that Athlon doesn't know dick about NCAA Football here is their top 10 from last year. Their final records and rankings are to the right:

1. USC - (12-1) - #2
2. Tennessee - (5-6) - N/R
3. Iowa - (7-5) - N/R
4. OU - (8-4) - #22
5. Florida State - (8-5) - #23
6. Texas - (13-0) - #1
7. Michigan - (7-5) - N/R
8. Louisville - (9-3) - #19
9. LSU - (11-2) - #6
10. Va. Tech - (11-2) - #7

Thats right, a third of their top ten didn't even end up being ranked at the end of last season. Stellar!

Athlon is strictly a computer ranking system.
I'll take that over human polls anyday of the week.

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade
post #47 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Athlon is strictly a computer ranking system.
I'll take that over human polls anyday of the week.
Those computers are only as smart as the people who program them.
post #48 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 12:30 PM
Lifer

Quote:
OU has got Peterson and thats about it. Bomar sucks ass and that line is so bad you could drive a Mack truck through it. Peterson is going to see 8 and 9 men in the box and even he isn't going to run through that.

You are a fucking DUMBSHIT. I understand that this a Texas based website, and that it is a given that people should hate on Oklahoma. (I accept that) But with that comment, its clearly obvious you really dont have an understanding of College Football, and arent really watching what is developing.

I dont need to get into x's and o's, and I'm not going to make any "claims," but the Bomar comment, is a true testement to the fact that you have no clue as to what the fuck your saying. 3 years from now, he will be the best QB to have ever played at Oklahoma. (I guess its also gonna blow your mind, when all the pre-season publications, will say that coming into the 06 season that Bomar is the #1 QB in the Big 12.)

I would love to discuss some of these other things as well, but it would be like talking to a brick wall.

You sir...are a dipshit...and its funny to me.

post #49 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BRINGIT
You are a fucking DUMBSHIT. I understand that this a Texas based website, and that it is a given that people should hate on Oklahoma. (I accept that) But with that comment, its clearly obvious you really dont have an understanding of College Football, and arent really watching what is developing.

I dont need to get into x's and o's, and I'm not going to make any "claims," but the Bomar comment, is a true testement to the fact that you have no clue as to what the fuck your saying. 3 years from now, he will be the best QB to have ever played at Oklahoma. (I guess its also gonna blow your mind, when all the pre-season publications, will say that coming into the 06 season that Bomar is the #1 QB in the Big 12.)

You sir...are a dipshit...and its funny to me.
Keep dreaming. Stoops put his hopes/dreams into someone that has turned into a bust. Everyone makes mistakes, but few like to own up to them.

Having lost both key players at WR and 'O' line, Bomar's #'s from last year (167/308, 54.2%, 2,018 yards, 10 TD, 10 INT, 19 sacks) are not going to improve. He's going to have alot of fun picking himself up off the ground like he did against Texas.

Even VY, who everyone said couldn't throw the ball, had a better completion percentage of 58.7% in his first year of play.

Peterson is your only hope and last year proved that. I'm not saying that OU isn't going to win a game, but they aren't going undefeated either. Another 8-4 or 9-3 season is what is in store for your Sooners.

Last edited by SVTVenom; 05-22-2006 at 12:45 PM.
post #50 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 12:41 PM
Lifer

Quote:

In wish I could use this entire post as my sig. In my 4 years here on DFW...this is the most Ludicris thing, I've ever seen posted.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement