UFC: Tait Fletcher is OUT!!!!! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 05:39 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

UF3: Tait Fletcher is OUT!!!!!

I dont care what anyone says, that Chris guy fought with heart last night. You could tell he wanted it more than Tait. I guess it just goes to show that you shouldnt get into the ocatagon over confident.

Last edited by 10sec302; 05-19-2006 at 06:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 06:26 AM
SVT God

I think you mean Josh. I think the knock down by Josh in the second is what did it. And that cut was from the bottle hitting Josh in the head in the house. Not from a tait punch. So clearly Tait had a lot more damage.

I think it should have went another round.

2010 Chevy Equinox
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 - RC 3" lift, 31" Duratracs
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinc_Stang
I think you mean Josh. I think the knock down by Josh in the second is what did it. And that cut was from the bottle hitting Josh in the head in the house. Not from a tait punch. So clearly Tait had a lot more damage.

I think it should have went another round.
Ooops, yeah Josh. You could tell when he was talking in front of the camera and started crying that he wanted that fight WAY more than Tait did. I'm actually glad Taits gone. He was getting a little too cocky.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 08:30 AM
Genetically Blessed

should've went to a third round.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 08:32 AM
SteadyRacing.Net

I think the fight should have gone another round. However, I do think Josh wanted it more and was pressing the action more so that Tait. Of course Josh was taking some good shots on the chin trying to get past Tait's reach. I think if Tait would have made a bigger effort to put the fight on the ground he may have been the one going to the semifinals.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99
should've went to a third round.

Yeah, it was funny they were both standing in their corners waiting for a bell. What I dont understand is why theres 3 judges and this almost ALWAYS happens.

1st Judge. 20-18 Tait
2nd Judge. 20-18- Josh

3rd Judge. 20-18 Josh

How can 2 out of the 3 judge it 20-18 in favor of 1 guy and the other judge think it was the opposite?????

I wish the Ortiz/Griffin fight woulda went an extra round.

Last edited by 10sec302; 05-19-2006 at 09:25 AM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 10:43 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

I was very underwhelmed w/both of these guys. TaiNt has zero takedown ability and did not spend enough time keeping this fight on the ground. Josh's standup was nothing special either. Very sloppy striker. That fight should have gone to a 3rd round no doubt. I have zero interest in seeing either of these guys fight again in the UFC.

On a side note, I hope that douche from Team Quest gets GnP'ed the fuck out next week.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt93Cobra
I was very underwhelmed w/both of these guys. TaiNt has zero takedown ability and did not spend enough time keeping this fight on the ground. Josh's standup was nothing special either. Very sloppy striker. That fight should have gone to a 3rd round no doubt. I have zero interest in seeing either of these guys fight again in the UFC.

On a side note, I hope that douche from Team Quest gets GnP'ed the fuck out next week.

You talking about that red headed queer? All he's done from day one is talk about how hes the best fighter in there and the best looking one It was funny last night when he mentioned being the best looking one. My gf said, "He needs a second opinion"

I hope bitches like that ALWAYS get their asses beat.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 02:50 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
The red headed guy will win without a doubt. He's actually one of the few this season with any sort of UFC level talent.

As for that fight last night.....ugh. Was painful to watch. Tait was turning his back and running, shitty takedowns, fighters crying, whah whah whah whah. The other guy was punching with his eyes closed.....make it stop!! arrrgggghhhhh!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 02:59 PM
AHMO!

Tait has stand up ability that rivals gracie.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 03:32 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Tait has stand up ability that rivals gracie.

Careful, I wouldn't want you to lose your concentration and fall off that bandwagon. Not that stand up evens matters, because this will end up on the ground. The are both natural ground fighters. When pushed into a corner a fighter will draw back to what he naturally does, and for Hughes that is wrestling. Have a nice crisp 50 dollar bill ready for me there buddy.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 02:23 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Careful, I wouldn't want you to lose your concentration and fall off that bandwagon. Not that stand up evens matters, because this will end up on the ground. The are both natural ground fighters. When pushed into a corner a fighter will draw back to what he naturally does, and for Hughes that is wrestling. Have a nice crisp 50 dollar bill ready for me there buddy.
I'll take check or cash from ya, don't worry.

I have a few other bets to collect on too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement