Man, this forum has gone cold! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
I didn't do it

Man, this forum has gone cold!

You'd think with the impending demise of the Spurs less than 12 hours away, this place would be blowing up! I guess all of the Spurs fans don't have much to say, or much to look forward to. I guess there's always the offseason, which is about as exciting as watching grass grow. Oh well, maybe next year!

/obligatory pot stirring

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 10:12 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley
You'd think with the impending demise of the Spurs less than 12 hours away, this place would be blowing up! I guess all of the Spurs fans don't have much to say, or much to look forward to. I guess there's always the offseason, which is about as exciting as watching grass grow. Oh well, maybe next year!

/obligatory pot stirring
Its hard to talk mad shit when your team is down 3-1 and could have been swept if the Mavs would have made a few more F/T's in the first game.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 10:53 AM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Its hard to talk mad shit when your team is down 3-1 and could have been swept if the Mavs would have made a few more F/T's in the first game.
Exactly! Just started the Game 5 thread. I've gotta find a way to sneak out of here tonight

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Or it could be 3-1 Spurs if Ginobli didn't bounce that pass off his leg and if Tim hit that shot at the end of regulation on Monday. If if if if if

You Mavs fans have to be some of the most uneducated, over the top, in the country. That's probably because most of ya'll hadn't watched a basketball game until about 2000 or 2001.

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:25 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
Or it could be 3-1 Spurs if Ginobli didn't bounce that pass off his leg and if Tim hit that shot at the end of regulation on Monday. If if if if if

You Mavs fans have to be some of the most uneducated, over the top, in the country. That's probably because most of ya'll hadn't watched a basketball game until about 2000 or 2001.
Sounds like sour grapes to me.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:25 AM
lol, this place sucks now

Quote:

haha
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:

I know your not talking to me I've always been a hometown fan

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 01:28 PM
MFFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose
I know your not talking to me I've always been a hometown fan
Me too. Fan since the 84-85 season.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 01:34 PM

My comment was directed to the thread starter and the one I quoted, along with a few others here. For every 100 kneejerk fans, there are a few good ones.

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
I didn't do it

Quote:
My comment was directed to the thread starter and the one I quoted, along with a few others here. For every 100 kneejerk fans, there are a few good ones.
I was around when the three J's and Roy Tarpley were around. Just because I am celebrating the Mav's success here by no means makes me a "kneejerk" fan. I watched during the Quinn Buckner era, and now I am watching the Avery Johnson era. I spent alot of seasons waiting for something to be proud of, and now I can be proud. I live in San Antonio so I got to hear about how awesome the Spurs were all year long. No matter what the argument, Spurs are better. So now, it feels good to watch the Spurs go down. I love seeing all of the mopy bastards with "GO SPURS GO" flags flopping around on their cars while they are down 3-1. It's almost like seeing someone whose grandma is on their deathbed. She's not dead, but you know her ass is a goner. Have fun watching the Mavs in the finals.

J

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 02:20 PM

I'm not a Mavs fan, but I would like to see them beat the whiney Spurs.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 03:38 PM

Quote:
I was around when the three J's and Roy Tarpley were around. Just because I am celebrating the Mav's success here by no means makes me a "kneejerk" fan. I watched during the Quinn Buckner era, and now I am watching the Avery Johnson era. I spent alot of seasons waiting for something to be proud of, and now I can be proud. I live in San Antonio so I got to hear about how awesome the Spurs were all year long. No matter what the argument, Spurs are better. So now, it feels good to watch the Spurs go down. I love seeing all of the mopy bastards with "GO SPURS GO" flags flopping around on their cars while they are down 3-1. It's almost like seeing someone whose grandma is on their deathbed. She's not dead, but you know her ass is a goner. Have fun watching the Mavs in the finals.

J
Nice Google on the Roy Tarpley and Quinn Buckner.

You guys sure are excited about being up 3-1 in the 2nd round. If someone just looked at some of you bandwagoners without knowing anything else, they'd think the Mavs had just won the championship.

I also love seeing those Spurs flags on cars even though they're down 3-1. Spurs fan are loyal, not bandwagoners like most up here. If the Mavs were down 3-1, you'd never hear a peep about it on the Ticket, any evening news, and definitely not on here. You guys would have your tail between your legs, hanging out in the Back Porch. So go ahead and gloat since the Mavs have absolutely dominated (last 2 games: 1 point win and OT win) the Spurs, and let me know when the parade is.

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Lifer

Quote:

J

I'm with you man. I was there during the Harper & Blackmon years and during the Three J's. It still bugs the hell out of me that Ross Perot Jr & Tardem Ussery hired Jim Clemons over Larry Brown. Clemons went on to destroy the team by trying to fit Motta's square pegs into his Bull's round hole system. Of course, Brown went on to take the Philly job after Dallas said no. In just 3 seasons, Brown had the perrenial doormat Sixers at the top of the Eastern Conferance. Half a decade of lottery picks were traded away and the early 90's Mavs went down the tubes.
Oh well, we can always dream about what the right coach could've accomplished with that kind of talent.

At least that screwball Don Nelson lucked out when he picked Norwitzki. Gary Trent looked like the second coming of Barkley before his stomach injuries ruined his career.

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 04:01 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

You guys sure are excited about being up 3-1 in the 2nd round. If someone just looked at some of you bandwagoners without knowing anything else, they'd think the Mavs had just won the championship.

I also love seeing those Spurs flags on cars even though they're down 3-1. Spurs fan are loyal, not bandwagoners like most up here. If the Mavs were down 3-1, you'd never hear a peep about it on the Ticket, any evening news, and definitely not on here. You guys would have your tail between your legs, hanging out in the Back Porch. So go ahead and gloat since the Mavs have absolutely dominated (last 2 games: 1 point win and OT win) the Spurs, and let me know when the parade is.

Dude, you are such a bitter mother fucker. Let me ask you. What makes you think he googled that? I think it's funny, that the only retort you have is that we are fairweather fans, blah blah blah. That's the ONLY thing you have said in response to the Go Mavs threads. Who the fuck are you to claim we are all fairweather fans?

I've been a Mavs fan, since I was old enough to understand the game. We had season tickets, when the Mavs were the worst team in the league. We continued to go, until the AAC was built. I stopped going, because I chose to buy season tickets to other events. That doesn't mean I stopped being a fan. I just stopped going to every home game.

Does it take the sting of losing a shot at the championship away, when you call us fairweather fans?

Or are you just that bad at talking shit, and can't come up with any other ammo?
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
I didn't do it

Quote:

No google here, just painful memories of terrible Maverick teams.

Quote:
Being up 3-1 on the Spurs might as well be winning the championship. It's called a rivalry. It's like watching the runt in class grow a few inches, gain a few pounds and kick the shit out of the class bully. The Mavs have showed that they can stand toe to toe with ANYONE in the league, including your worshiped Spurs. Call me what you want but next week on TNT, I'll be watching MY Dallas Mavericks on TNT.

Quote:
So go ahead and gloat since the Mavs have absolutely dominated (last 2 games: 1 point win and OT win) the Spurs, and let me know when the parade is.
Wins as in a demoralizing ass whipping in OT? Oh yeah, no big deal. Ask Pop, Timmy or Tony if those wins didn't hurt. Tony had to run his little ass off so hard he re-injured his groin just trying to keep up with Devin Harris. Tim looks exhausted in his post game press conferences and Pop will be the first to tell you that his team has been outplayed. It's not like the Mavs are the only team to slap around the Spurs in the playoffs, they lost two games to the Kings (The KINGS?!). Last I checked, the Mavs have lost one (1) game this post season.

Last edited by Hurley; 05-17-2006 at 04:11 PM.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 04:06 PM

I just wanted to point out that I was watching ESPN when Jason Kidd was drafted, which was the first day I kinda liked the Mavs and wanted to see them do well. I was living in Illinois and even had a personalized license plate "MAVS 5" since personalized plates were free up there at the time
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
I didn't do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwrkOrangeS4
I just wanted to point out that I was watching ESPN when Jason Kidd was drafted, which was the first day I kinda liked the Mavs and wanted to see them do well. I was living in Illinois and even had a personalized license plate "MAVS 5" since personalized plates were free up there at the time

Bandwagonner!!!!!

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 04:27 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I also love seeing those Spurs flags on cars even though they're down 3-1. Spurs fan are loyal, not bandwagoners like most up here.
Now that right there is fucking horseshit.

All the Spurs fans would be nonexistent if they had been losers for twenty years... like the Mavs have been.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Time Served

!!!

I Think Its Over For The Spurs,they Were The Powerhouse For Awhile,now Age Is Catching Up W/ Them.....its Dallas' Time To Shine.....the Rockets Had Their Moment,the Spurs Had Theirs...now Its Our Turn..!!!!

the BGN is no more....
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 04:43 PM
Recovering Lush

Well, I was around for Brad Davis and Jim Spanarkle....so .

I'm not saying word 1 about this game till it's over, because I have an emotional and financial investment in it.........no need to awake the charma gods.

Quote:

J

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 05:03 PM
gear jammer

I remember the Uwe Blab/Bill Wenninton draft.Do the math on that.

Live..ride..dream

1998 Suzuki TL1000
1983 HD FXSB
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
Now that right there is fucking horseshit.

All the Spurs fans would be nonexistent if they had been losers for twenty years... like the Mavs have been.
San Antonio is a one team town, like the Sac Kings and Packers. They have some of the most loyal fans in the game. I'm calling some of you mf'ers bandwagoners because you don't say shit all season, then all of a sudden this forum is full of diehard Mavs fans. Where were you guys in January? Would you guys be in here if the Mavs were down 3-1? Hell no. You could have set off a pipe bomb in Reunion arena in the 90's and no one would have gotten hurt, but of course every one here remembers James Nasmith and all the other Maverick greats.

Ya'll let me know when the 3-1 2nd round trophy parade is taking place.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement