So much for the Bush will def. holdout - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

So much for the Bush will def. holdout

Saints' top pick Bush wants to avoid holdout
ESPN.com news services

METAIRIE, La. -- New Orleans Saints rookie running back Reggie Bush says he wants to avoid a contract holdout at all costs.

"I told my agent I want to be in here in camp on time ... whatever it takes, I want to be in camp on time," the No. 2 overall draft pick out of Southern California told USA Today at the team's mini-camp on Saturday. "I think it is important to start off on a good foot and a good note, not only with the team but the city."

Saints general manager Mickey Loomis said negotiations are in the early stages with Bush, the newspaper reported in Monday's editions.

"We're encouraged he feels that way, but we haven't really started talking," Loomis said.

Bush's strained left hamstring limited his involvement in the team's rookie mini-camp for the second consecutive day Sunday.

Bush stood on the side and watched as others went through two practices, referring to a list of plays he carried in his hand and riding a stationary bike at times.

The Heisman Trophy winner and second pick in last month's NFL draft felt tightness in the hamstring as he stretched prior to the team's first workout Saturday and worked in just a few drills in the first practice. He said after Saturday's late workout that he hoped to practice Sunday, pending approval of the coaching and medical staffs, which never came.

"I think not just me but collectively the coaches and training staff thought, just give it a rest, get it to 100 percent before you come out here," Bush said. "Obviously I'd love to be on the practice field and practicing, so it's frustrating right now. But it's still early, too."

Bush stayed involved mentally by following the play sheet.

"I was still able to follow along and learn the plays," he said. "It didn't feel worse, but it's just not 100 percent. There's no reason to push it and risk any further injury if it's not 100 percent."

Coach Sean Payton said it was important that Bush learn as much as he can even when he's not participating in drills.

"He needs to get up to speed with what we're doing," Payton said.

So much for all the ideas he will holdout no matter what and is just all about the money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 07:21 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

I'll believe it when I see it. Otherwise it's just talk.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 04:39 PM
Saint's heart sinner skin

Well, it says that he wants to get in on-time at all costs, etc, etc, but then the GM says they haven't really even talked yet . We'll just have to wait and see what happens. I think the NFL is going to be really exciting to watch next year with all these awesome NCAA athletes going pro. VY, Huff, Griffin, Bush, Leinart, White, McNeal, Moss, Dumerville, that tight end that went in the top 10, etc.

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 11:42 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

You might want to check this little gem out:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2453476

Anyone else see a big fat HOLDOUT on the horizon?
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 11:46 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
You might want to check this little gem out:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2453476

Anyone else see a big fat HOLDOUT on the horizon?

what is wrong with him wanting his money? he won't be holdout as much as the saints are wanting to be cheap. he should be paid more than, hell even vy should be paid more than williams.
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 11:52 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
what is wrong with him wanting his money? he won't be holdout as much as the saints are wanting to be cheap. he should be paid more than, hell even vy should be paid more than williams.
There isn't anything wrong with wanting a good contract, but when he says his objective is to make it to camp w/a contract signed, it seems to me as if he needs to take what he can get right now. Plus, he's still got the benefits scandal over his head and a lame hamstring.
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 11:55 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
There isn't anything wrong with wanting a good contract, but when he says his objective is to make it to camp w/a contract signed, it seems to me as if he needs to take what he can get right now. Plus, he's still got the benefits scandal over his head and a lame hamstring.

the "scandal" doesn't affect his contract in the nfl, they don't care. his hamstring isn't an issure either because it heals, it isn't like he tore his acl, it is something minor that they can't use to bargin against him.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 11:58 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
the "scandal" doesn't affect his contract in the nfl, they don't care. his hamstring isn't an issure either because it heals, it isn't like he tore his acl, it is something minor that they can't use to bargin against him.
They do care about character issues, despite what they might say in the media. The hamstring might not be that big of a deal, but it sure did affect LenDale White's draft stock.

Either way, Bush is headed for a HOLDOUT just like I said he would.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 07:02 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Anyone else here think it's funny that a t-sip should give Bush a hard time about holding out?
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 07:11 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
Anyone else here think it's funny that a t-sip should give Bush a hard time about holding out?
I hardly see what someone's fanship has to do with this.......

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 07:50 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
I hardly see what someone's fanship has to do with this.......
Wasn't there a Texas-Ex Runningback who was a holdout as a Rookie last year? And how much did he produce for the bears?

Honestly, the league needs to make a rule that a Rookie has no right to ask for more money before he ever plays one single snap. It's pretty petty IMO.
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 08:33 AM
Recovering Lush

Played in 9 games, and averaged > 4.0 YPC.........

Quote:
Wasn't there a Texas-Ex Runningback who was a holdout as a Rookie last year? And how much did he produce for the bears?

Honestly, the league needs to make a rule that a Rookie has no right to ask for more money before he ever plays one single snap. It's pretty petty IMO.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 09:27 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Cedric Benson never said he wouldn't holdout either, genius. Plus, Benson ran for more yards in his career and in his last season than Bush did in his career and last season. Benson is an every down back and Bush is a 'Scat' back. Benson also had to run behind a veteran in Thomas Jones, who may be gone to another team by the start of the regular season. (Colts)

Last edited by SVTVenom; 05-22-2006 at 01:04 PM.
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 11:27 AM
I didn't do it

Quote:
Cedric Benson never said he wouldn't holdout either, genious. Plus, Benson ran for more yards in his career and in his last season than Bush did in his career and last season. Benson is an every down back and Bush is a 'Scat' back. Benson also had to run behind a veteran in Thomas Jones, who may be gone to another team by the start of the regular season. (Colts)

I dare you to google "scat back" at work and see how long it takes for HR to give you a ring!

Seriously, why would the Colts go after Thomas Jones this late in the offseason? With Domanic Rhodes and Joseph Addai, they should'nt do too bad. Don't get me wrong, Edge will be missed but Tony Dungy will work with what he has.

post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 11:40 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley
I dare you to google "scat back" at work and see how long it takes for HR to give you a ring!

Seriously, why would the Colts go after Thomas Jones this late in the offseason? With Domanic Rhodes and Joseph Addai, they should'nt do too bad. Don't get me wrong, Edge will be missed but Tony Dungy will work with what he has.
Bush isn't an in-between the tackles RB. He's an outside runner. He shouldn't expect to get paid like a normal RB when he isn't one in the first place. His value expectations are over-inflated.

There have been indications that the Colts have wanted Jones for a while now, but really haven't gotten hot and heavy into it for him yet. Dominic Rhodes is merely a backup RB/KR and Joseph Addai is an inexperienced rookie. The biggest thing that Indy will miss from Edgerrin James is his pass blocking. There isn't a better pass blocking RB in the league. It also doesn't hurt that they guy can run and catch too
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 12:39 PM
I didn't do it

Quote:
Bush isn't an in-between the tackles RB. He's an outside runner. He shouldn't expect to get paid like a normal RB when he isn't one in the first place. His value expectations are over-inflated.

There have been indications that the Colts have wanted Jones for a while now, but really haven't gotten hot and heavy into it for him yet. Dominic Rhodes is merely a backup RB/KR and Joseph Addai is an inexperienced rookie. The biggest thing that Indy will miss from Edgerrin James is his pass blocking. There isn't a better pass blocking RB in the league. It also doesn't hurt that they guy can run and catch too

They should've nabbed Najeh Davenport from the Packers this offseason.

post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 12:59 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley
They should've nabbed Najeh Davenport from the Packers this offseason.
They were hoping that Laurence Maroney from Minnesota would fall to them because his style of running is very similar to James'. However, NE snagged him up before he fell down to the Colts' pick. Damn NE.
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 01:02 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Cedric Benson never said he wouldn't holdout either, genious. Plus, Benson ran for more yards in his career and in his last season than Bush did in his career and last season. Benson is an every down back and Bush is a 'Scat' back. Benson also had to run behind a veteran in Thomas Jones, who may be gone to another team by the start of the regular season. (Colts)

So what does it say about yourself when your put down is calling someone else genius, and you can't spell genius. I guess it takes the same type of person who thinks Numbers in COLLEGE equate to production as a Professional.
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 01:06 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
So what does it say about yourself when your put down is calling someone else genius, and you can't spell genius. I guess it takes the same type of person who thinks Numbers in COLLEGE equate to production as a Professional.
Hey, even I mis-spell words sometimes and I have some of the best grammar and spelling on here.

I agree that #'s in college do not always translate to success in the NFL, but most of the time they are a good indication of what a player can/will do. There are always exceptions to the rule.
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 11:51 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
They do care about character issues, despite what they might say in the media. The hamstring might not be that big of a deal, but it sure did affect LenDale White's draft stock.

Either way, Bush is headed for a HOLDOUT just like I said he would.
they care when you are the one doing the bad stuff, not when your folks are. he didn't do shit wrong. lendale fell because he has weight issues and from what I read he didn't come across as a person that puts team first always during the interviews at the combines.

bush won't hold out as much as the saints might not pay him his worth.
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 11:54 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:

funny didn't they say that about barry sanders? warrick dunn? etc... talent is talent bush, if he stays healthy will be a great back in the nfl.

but peterson will be better when he comes out.
post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 12:12 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
they care when you are the one doing the bad stuff, not when your folks are. he didn't do shit wrong. lendale fell because he has weight issues and from what I read he didn't come across as a person that puts team first always during the interviews at the combines.

bush won't hold out as much as the saints might not pay him his worth.
White was 5 lbs over his playing weight at the USC Pro Day. A person can loose 5 lbs in a day so that shouldn't have been an issue. I highly doubt the team issue as well seeing has how he had to split carries with Bush and you never heard a peep out of him.

What exactly is Bush's worth? Its not #1 overall money because he wasn't that. It also isn't what VY will get either.

I'm not saying the guy isn't a good player, but he and the media have over-inflated his worth. He isn't going to get what he wants and that reality check is about to happen.
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 08:53 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
White was 5 lbs over his playing weight at the USC Pro Day. A person can loose 5 lbs in a day so that shouldn't have been an issue. I highly doubt the team issue as well seeing has how he had to split carries with Bush and you never heard a peep out of him.

What exactly is Bush's worth? Its not #1 overall money because he wasn't that. It also isn't what VY will get either.

I'm not saying the guy isn't a good player, but he and the media have over-inflated his worth. He isn't going to get what he wants and that reality check is about to happen.
bush is the best player in the draft period. he is worth #1 money because everybody knows he should have been the number 1 pick. even the texans, explaining why they are now in search of a new GM. bush should get his money if the saints want to be cheap and not pay, that isn't a deal of him holding out but more of the saints being cheap.
post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 12:27 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

TTT

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

So he's not going to hold out, eh?

This fuckstick is thinking about going back into the draft in 2007 if he doesn't get the contract he wants.
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 01:59 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
TTT

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

So he's not going to hold out, eh?

This fuckstick is thinking about going back into the draft in 2007 if he doesn't get the contract he wants.
you can call it a holdout, I call it not wanting to work less then what is owed. would you take a job at 2.00 and hour or wait till you got your 25.00 an hour knowing that you will get it from somewhere else?

I don't blame him. this is tom benson way of getting his team out of NO in 2 years, so be it that he loses one of those rare players that comes along maybe 1 out of every 10-15 yrs.
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 02:06 PM
Lsx>4.6

I'm gonna laugh my ass of if he never amounts to anything in the nfl....

No more hotrods.
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 02:25 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by white86hatch
I'm gonna laugh my ass of if he never amounts to anything in the nfl....

just like alot of people will laugh when VY turns into another slash
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 02:34 PM
Lsx>4.6

Quote:
just like alot of people will laugh when VY turns into another slash
Meh.... I don't think thats gonna happen I hope it doesn't anyways.

No more hotrods.
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 02:46 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by white86hatch
Meh.... I don't think thats gonna happen I hope it doesn't anyways.

it could happen to any player, no matter their talent. it only takes one or two things to happen to change your world.
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 02:52 PM
Lsx>4.6

Quote:
it could happen to any player, no matter their talent. it only takes one or two things to happen to change your world.
True....

No more hotrods.
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 06:04 PM
Lifer

bush will hold out through training camp at least, he has good character but has been hyped up so much that even he thinks he's the best thing to ever come into the nfl. i see him getting hurt early on in his nfl career.

post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 06:40 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Normally I hate seeing a player hold out, but I know how much of an ass Benson is. He wants that team out of NO and he is probably low balling the hell out of Bush. If not, then shame on Bush, but I get the feeling that he was seriously low balled.
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 02:50 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
I'll believe it when I see it. Otherwise it's just talk.
ttt for you
post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 03:29 PM
Time Served

Quote:
you were right it wasn't VY money. It was more!
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 06:29 PM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicblue
you were right it wasn't VY money. It was more!
LMAO you know Venom isn't gonna respond to that LOL.
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 07:34 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
LMAO you know Venom isn't gonna respond to that LOL.
if you see he hasn't posted almost all day since that was posted this morning...lol.

funny how those longhorn fans are when they are wrong
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 08:42 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
if you see he hasn't posted almost all day since that was posted this morning...lol.

funny how those longhorn fans are when they are wrong
How was I wrong? He went against his word and did hold out. Did he make it to camp on time? Nope. Thats a holdout. It doesn't matter if its for a day or 100 days, its still a holdout.

He still hasn't signed anything yet as nobody has reported on it.
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 09:11 PM
Time Served

Quote:

He still hasn't signed anything yet as nobody has reported on it.
Financial terms of the contract, which will be signed on Sunday, were not yet available. But based on discussions with NFL sources throughout Saturday, as the two sides moved closer to the accord, it appears that Bush's contract will easily exceed the one signed earlier this week by Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young, and will come very close to the deal for top overall pick Mario Williams.
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 10:51 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicblue
Financial terms of the contract, which will be signed on Sunday, were not yet available. But based on discussions with NFL sources throughout Saturday, as the two sides moved closer to the accord, it appears that Bush's contract will easily exceed the one signed earlier this week by Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young, and will come very close to the deal for top overall pick Mario Williams.
I clearly understand that they have AGREED to a contract, but what the exact terms are of that are still unknown. For now, its pure speculation on what he exactly got.

Plus, he's still not going to get what he wanted in the first place and that was more money than Mario Williams.

Last edited by SVTVenom; 07-30-2006 at 11:02 PM.
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 04:42 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
I clearly understand that they have AGREED to a contract, but what the exact terms are of that are still unknown. For now, its pure speculation on what he exactly got.

Plus, he's still not going to get what he wanted in the first place and that was more money than Mario Williams.
but he is getting more money than your boy
post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 04:55 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:

lol, you know his blood is boiling.
post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 05:13 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
lol, you know his blood is boiling.

I am surprised that he isn't out in titan land right now demanding a new contract for his boy
post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 10:45 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Guaranteed money? Yes, but less than a million dollars. Oooohhh.

He isn't making as much as VY with bonuses/incentives though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement