Spurs Report: Spurs Get Hosed. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Spurs Report: Spurs Get Hosed.

Did I miss something? What did the refs have to do with this game?

"Refs give it to Dallas tonight"
"Dirk dropped the ball and flailed his arm after twisting his ankle on Tim's foot, probably from the sting of it, Duncan was just standing there. Dirk - 3 straight phanton calls, one on Barry, two on Duncan. Just terrible tonight"
"Although it is obvious AJ has the refs in his pocket thanks to Cuban."
"Bullsh!t! I f*cking hate refs!I guess Cuban's daily blowjobs of the refs are paying off!"
"...whenever the Spurs got the lead, the Mavs were bailed out by a call. It's that simple."
"if you defend the refs in this game you are either a mavs fan or a Spurs hater"
"don't think another is the right phrase, they got alot of gifts in this game...."
"the last thing the nba wants is a spurs-pistons final"
"Seriously, I am fukkking speechless. _irk 24 free throws. Wow! Duncan fouls out and Diop and Dampier still havent all series long."
"F THE REFS F THAT GAME...UTTER COMPLETE BULL****....DIRK GETS 24 ******* FT'S, WTF??!!!! TOTAL BULL**** THIS WAS A GIFT TO THE MAVS...WE GOT SCREWED...ROYALLY SCREWED SIX STRAIGHT POSSESIONS WITH A FOUL CALL..."
"Spurs got the screw job from the refs."
"Yep. Refs gave them this one. What a joke."
"The Spurs lost when they stepped on the court with the NBA's pre-arranged agenda"

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 05:32 PM
Time Served

Wow someone is bitter, dude the Spurs are kings of flopping and bitchign about calls. Dallas got screwed the first game and consider yourself lucky that SA has one win and not down 3-0. We have outplayed yall in every way and been more agressive taking the ball to the hole. thats how you get fouls and get players in foul trouble. Dotn be mad because Harris is outplaying Parker and we are too quick for the Spurs. With that said, I look for this series to go 7 and be great the rest of the way...
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 05:34 PM
Saint's heart sinner skin

I did see some phantom calls. The one where Dirk bent his ankle at a 90* angle was one of them. He charged in, stepped on Tim's foot, went up and spun to the left and dropped the ball . I'm not gonna say that they lost due to the refs, because they had a chance to win the game, but it really didn't look an evenly called game. Just my honest opinion, not sports biased.

Flame on...

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 05:35 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.8 STANG
Wow someone is bitter, dude the Spurs are kings of flopping and bitchign about calls. Dallas got screwed the first game and consider yourself lucky that SA has one win and not down 3-0. We have outplayed yall in every way and been more agressive taking the ball to the hole. thats how you get fouls and get players in foul trouble. Dotn be mad because Harris is outplaying Parker and we are too quick for the Spurs. With that said, I look for this series to go 7 and be great the rest of the way...
I don't think he was defending the Spurs.

Although I missed the 2nd half of yesterday's game (passed out), I can't believe Duncan fouled out. It's almost forbidden for the officials to allow a super-star to foul out in a playoff game. Not saying Duncan didn't actually committ the fouls, just surprised he got called on them.

post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 05:36 PM
Saint's heart sinner skin

Quote:
Wow someone is bitter, dude the Spurs are kings of flopping and bitchign about calls....
I think he agrees with you. Re-read the first 2 sentences of his post.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Those werent my quotes...it was from spursreport.com

Being that I have a board bet on the series, taking the Mavs......I'm not quite a Spurs fan.

Quote:

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 05:39 PM
Time Served

Yea I am not sure if he is defending the spurs or not. Here is what it comes down to, The mavs outplayed SA for 3 quarters that game and the Spurs outplayed us in the 4th. We were the better team last night. I cant wait for game 4....
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Yea I am not sure if he is defending the spurs or not. Here is what it comes down to, The mavs outplayed SA for 3 quarters that game and the Spurs outplayed us in the 4th. We were the better team last night. I cant wait for game 4....
ACK!
Wipe that Lubbock sand outta your eyes........

https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=288191

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 05:45 PM
Time Served

Fuck San Antonio. That is all.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 05:49 PM
SVT God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradsBlue90
Fuck San Antonio. That is all.
+1.

2010 Chevy Equinox
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 - RC 3" lift, 31" Duratracs
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 06:18 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
ACK!
Wipe that Lubbock sand outta your eyes........

https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=288191

Sorry man, by posting that I did not know if you were informing or defending the Spurs. It was hard to tell your affiliation. GO MAVS
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 06:48 PM
Time Served

there was obvious contact duncan is just a whiner

post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 07:07 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw21
there was obvious contact duncan is just a whiner
agreed
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 07:24 PM
American Idol

Total fouls by team for this series:

Dallas: 77
S.A.: 79

Looks pretty even to me. Basically, S.A. can have a big cup of STFU! Stop whining and start worrying about Devin Harris driving to the hoop almost every time he touches the ball.

"I don't have a problem with anger, I have a problem with idiots!"
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 08:22 PM
MFFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Jr
Total fouls by team for this series:

Dallas: 77
S.A.: 79

Looks pretty even to me. Basically, S.A. can have a big cup of STFU! Stop whining and start worrying about Devin Harris driving to the hoop almost every time he touches the ball.
Agreed! I think S.A. is just getting a dose of their own medicine for once. When you're the best, you get the benefit of the doubt. Guess that means the Spurs aren't the best.
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 10:55 PM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_marc
Agreed! I think S.A. is just getting a dose of their own medicine for once. When you're the best, you get the benefit of the doubt. Guess that means the Spurs aren't the best.
Exactly! I've actually thought the calls have been going fairly consistent throughout the series. One thing I do find interesting is to see Duncan on whatever ref's shoulder immediately after a call doesn't go his way. That's consistent. Don't see that much happening with the Mav's. Fucking cry baby

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 11:21 PM
Lifer

He did the flop,he did the Manu flop!!!!!!!!

I was at the game and did anybody else hear this song made from the original Monster Mash.That shit was just funny.He did the flop,he did the Manu flop,he hit the ground and flopped like a flounder.I am tired of seeing that damn Duncan crying like a big baby everytime there is a call.Just take the call and shut up.He always looks like he is crying or constipated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetfast50

Super coupe, monkey see monkey do. You're not doing shit that hasn't been done 100 times over by a bunch of others on this very board. So don't come in hear acting like your opinion is the end all be all, and thats that, because you ain't all that and when it comes down to it you don't know shit about shit.

When it comes to this nitrous Game, I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself.
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 08:47 AM
BOOMER SOONER!

Manu is the king of flops & apparently taught his fellow Argentinian buddy the same. Anyone see when Terry(the smallest guy on the court) pushed off with his forearm(obvious foul) & the dude flew probably 2-3 feet, even though he outweighed Terry by probably 50 pounds.

SA defiently has a problem accepting a foul. Duncan has a tantrum on EVERY one & Popovich heads straight for the ref on every time out before he even meets with the team, WTF???
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 09:16 AM
I didn't do it

Welcome to Spurs "championship" basketball. Drive the lane and one of three things happen, you get fouled and shoot two free throws; you make the shot have a foul called and shoot a free throw or you make the layup without fanfare. It's a bs formula that works because Manu is a lane driving pussy who thorws himself upagainst a brick wall hoping to score. He is probably them most overhyped player in the NBA this side of Tony Parker. It feels good to watch the Spurs get picked apart by a classier team on the national stage. Talented guys like Josh Howard, Jason Terry and Devin Harris are going to earn national respect with this series. I hope the Suns beat the Clips just so we can smear Steve Nash's wall -eye'd ass in the conference finals. Say good night Spurs fans, you've got about a week of basketball left before the excuses begin.

post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 10:49 AM
PC HATER!!

its only 2-1, it will be tied after tonite!

-go spurs!

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.
-forrest gump

[IMG]
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 11:11 AM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasstars281

-go spurs!
Wanna put some money up on that?

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 11:42 AM
Raiden Wins

I did notice some calls going the Mavs' way, but I saw some go the Spurs' way too. And yes, Duncan is a hell of a player...but if it were up to him he would have a total of ZERO fouls in his whole career. And I agree with the "taste of your own medicine" statement.

post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 11:51 AM
yes, jluv

Honestly, I think the refs have sucked ass in this series, ESPECIALLY in game 2.

BUT, they have sucked pretty consistently on both sides of the court. The foul totals for each team prove that. The Mavs have outplayed the Spurs so far, plain and simple. If they can keep up this level of intensity, I think we'll be seeing a Mavs vs Pistons championship series. Go Mavs!
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasstars281

-go spurs!

You're lucky it isnt 3-0.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 03:13 PM

Quote:
I guess I could say you're lucky it's not 2-1 Spurs.

And I just LOVE seeing all you Mavs fans bitch about other players whining and complaining! Talk about the pot and the kettle. Not only are you guys quick to jump on officiating, injuries, or some other bs, but you have the biggest whiner in the league sitting on the sidelines with his 7 year old hair cut. None of you guys can say shit as long as Cuban is the owner. You think Tim complains? Well check out Cuban after every call against Dallas. If that doesn't speak for itself, take a look at his list of fines.

post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 03:29 PM
I didn't do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
You think Tim complains? Well check out Cuban after every call against Dallas. If that doesn't speak for itself, take a look at his list of fines.

What does the owners reation have to do with offciating calls? If I had a choice of Tim "Who me?!" Duncan or Mark "WTF are you thinking?!" Cuban, I'd take the latter when it comes to reactions. Tim tends to look like a pouting high school diva when a call is made against him. I agree with the statement that he should just zip it and move on. Again, who cares what Mark Cuban does? Last time I was at a Spurs game (April 7th, 2006), Peter Holt wasn't even there. I'd rather have an owner to rally around than one who views his team as a cash cow.

post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley
What does the owners reation have to do with offciating calls? If I had a choice of Tim "Who me?!" Duncan or Mark "WTF are you thinking?!" Cuban, I'd take the latter when it comes to reactions. Tim tends to look like a pouting high school diva when a call is made against him. I agree with the statement that he should just zip it and move on. Again, who cares what Mark Cuban does? Last time I was at a Spurs game (April 7th, 2006), Peter Holt wasn't even there. I'd rather have an owner to rally around than one who views his team as a cash cow.
Just that when you call someone a crybaby, know that you have the biggest one of them all on your sideline. I'd take the high school diva w/ 3-rings over the overreacting mental patient any day. How would you feel if Jerry Jones ran on the field after games to confront officials?

post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 03:40 PM
I didn't do it

Quote:
How would you feel if Jerry Jones ran on the field after games to confront officials?
I would respect his dedication and passion for winning and I would know that Jerry Jones is doing everything he can to build a team that would straight dominate any other team in the league, including anyone from San Antonio. But hey, that's football.

post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 03:51 PM
Resident Epicurean

You bitches are just mad, because you have finally realized the Mavs are a better team this year, than the Spurs; and that the Spurs season is 4 games away from being over.

As the t-shirt I'm wearing says, "SUCK FAN ANTONIO!!!!!!"
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 03:54 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Just that when you call someone a crybaby, know that you have the biggest one of them all on your sideline. I'd take the high school diva w/ 3-rings over the overreacting mental patient any day. How would you feel if Jerry Jones ran on the field after games to confront officials?

it's bad enough that we have to see Jerry on the sidelines acting like he knows what's going on. I'm sure he does say "something" to the ref after games.
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 03:54 PM
Time Served

Quote:
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO True
post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 03:58 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Here is the thing, Cuban is just lieka passionate mavs fan like on this board. When a bad call goes against the mavs we yell out BS. That same energy and passion is what made us what we are. Our players will complain a little when they feel an injustice, but nothing near what the Spurs do. We have been the agressors live with it and enjoy game 4....
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 04:03 PM
I didn't do it

Lets not even get started about the flailing pussy wearing number 20. Ginobli should win a daytime emmy for all the drama he throws out on the court. The only "championship caliber" player left on their squad is big Tim. I repect the big man, he didnt make any excuses after the ass whipping he took Sunday. Pure class right there. He's the only reason the Spurs are still in it.

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 04:06 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley
Lets not even get started about the flailing pussy wearing number 20. Ginobli should win a daytime emmy for all the drama he throws out on the court. The only "championship caliber" player left on their squad is big Tim. I repect the big man, he didnt make any excuses after the ass whipping he took Sunday. Pure class right there. He's the only reason the Spurs are still in it.
Agreed Duncan is a classy guy, he does complain too much, but is a good guy in the league. The rest of the team besides Finley I have issues with. You stay classy San Antonio! LOL
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 05:51 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Agreed Duncan is a classy guy, he does complain too much, but is a good guy in the league. The rest of the team besides Finley I have issues with. You stay classy San Antonio! LOL
Well its gonna be another hosing tonight by the mavs.I am sure we will win this deal so im gonna go ahead and say that i think Pappavich has realized for the first time in years the Mavs are for real and they are in trouble.He has to talk good about how his team played after they lose just to keep there moral up knowing "Oh shit were done" we keep playing like this.Oh yea as far as Cuban is concerned i praise him for doind the things hes done for this team and its fans. I wish Jerry Jones had as much competitveness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetfast50

Super coupe, monkey see monkey do. You're not doing shit that hasn't been done 100 times over by a bunch of others on this very board. So don't come in hear acting like your opinion is the end all be all, and thats that, because you ain't all that and when it comes down to it you don't know shit about shit.

When it comes to this nitrous Game, I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself.
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Here is the thing, Cuban is just lieka passionate mavs fan like on this board. When a bad call goes against the mavs we yell out BS. That same energy and passion is what made us what we are. Our players will complain a little when they feel an injustice, but nothing near what the Spurs do. We have been the agressors live with it and enjoy game 4....
So passionate fans run on to the court after games? Hm, never seen that, but ok. You're just another bandwagoner to come out of no where to give your expertese. Where were you guys the rest of the year?

post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 06:08 PM
gear jammer

Some of you guys are getting a little overzealous.I mean its only a 2-1 lead.One win by San Antonio and its a whole new series.

Live..ride..dream

1998 Suzuki TL1000
1983 HD FXSB
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 06:16 PM
Time Served

Quote:
So passionate fans run on to the court after games? Hm, never seen that, but ok. You're just another bandwagoner to come out of no where to give your expertese. Where were you guys the rest of the year?
Bull shit, I have beena mavs fan since 87, I was 3. I had a Roy Tarpley jersey. Nobody comes out and talks shit when they dotn win a championship. Who does? Its real easy to eb a fan when ur team is winning. I know what my team can do, lets see if the Spurs can respond...
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 07:13 AM
I didn't do it

Quote:
Where were you guys the rest of the year?
Watching the Mavs win 60 games? None of the regular season is worth talking shit about. The playoffs are the only part of the season that matters. The only regular season games that come close are the Spurs/Mavs matchups.

J

Sponsored Links
Advertisement