HookEm/SVT....Your Boyfriend now has a TV Show.. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

HookEm/SVT....Your Boyfriend now has a TV Show..

Quote:
Young reaches ‘Next Level’ with reality show
By Terry McCormick, [email protected]
May 11, 2006

With reality television all the rage, Tennessee Titans rookie quarterback Vince Young is coming this fall to a TV set near you.

Sorry, ladies, Young won’t be following the lead of former New York Giants QB Jesse Palmer by starring in The Bachelor. Nor will he be voting anyone out of the Titans locker room or trying to tickle the ears of Simon Cowell on American Idol.

Instead, Young, who turns 23 next Thursday, is allowing a television crew from BET, led by Emmy Award-winning director Brendon J. Carter, to make a six-episode show entitled Vince Young: Next Level. The show will depict what life has been like for the former Texas star through the months from his readying for the NFL Draft through the early stages of his career with Tennessee.

“They’ll follow him around through the whole process. People see the end product, but they don’t know all the things he’s had to do to get himself prepared for that,” Young’s agent Major Adams said. “They’ve been following him around since March, and they should be finished following him around sometime in June.”

The series will air beginning in October, and is the first of the sports-based “Next Level” series that will feature other athletes in future episodes.

‘Has the appeal’

Carter, the executive producer of the show, is no stranger to reality TV, having directed The Osbornes for MTV.

“This is a sports-based reality TV show,” Carter said. “It focuses on athletes who are in transition. They may be making the transition from college to the pros, or maybe from high school to college, or someone who is making a comeback from a career-threatening injury.”

Young, fresh off leading the Longhorns to a national championship, makes for the perfect candidate for TV viewing, says a BET executive.

“We have delved into the reality genre before, and it’s been pretty successful for us,” said Michael Lewellen, BET’s senior vice president of corporate communications. “For us, from a ratings standpoint, the sweet spot is ages 18 to 34, and we feel like Vince Young is the type of person who has the appeal that fits those demographics.”

Family life

Carter wants to depict life for the quarterback as he makes the move from college hero to multi-millionaire pro. Carter believes Young’s background mixed with his future could make for compelling viewing.

“We can show him as a football player, but I believe it’s more important to show him as a person and with the people who are a part of his life — his mother, his grandmother, his uncle, his agent,” Carter said. “It plays at your heartstrings more to see him with his family, especially his grandmother, who practically raised him and worked her fingers to the bone for all of them, and have Vince be able to interact with her and tell her, ‘Grandma, I made it for us, so you don’t have to work anymore.’”

The show’s access into football meetings as Young moves to the NFL will be extremely limited, but Carter says the other aspects are more attractive anyway.

“We went to church with Vince and his family on Easter Sunday,” Carter said, “then went home and had Easter dinner with them. The pastor at the church blessed me and the crew while we were at church.”

In humanizing such odd characters like Ozzy Osborne, Carter likes to show his subject’s less-public side. He says what will show through with Young is his strong character and convictions.

“He’s a guy who came from humble beginnings and has overcome a lot,” Carter said. “What this will show is that Vince Young is a character guy. He’s a guy who cares about people and community.”
Suprised nobody posted this yet....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 12:02 PM
I didn't do it

Wow. I predict that this show will be.....a colossal waste of time. Only on BET folks!

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 12:04 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

I hope this is a joke.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 12:08 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

I had already heard about this a while back on hornfans. He deserves some attention like this with Matt Leinart/Reggie Bush hogging all the glory even though they got beat. I wonder if Leinart has gotten herpes from his Hollywood attention whore g/f Paris Hilton. What name will he use at the free clinic? Ron Mexico is already taken.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley
Wow. I predict that this show will be.....a colossal waste of time. Only on BET folks!
No shit!!!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 12:25 PM
I didn't do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
What name will he use at the free clinic? Ron Mexico is already taken.
My guess would be Norm Chow.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 12:26 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
My guess would be Norm Chow.
Youch! I'm not sure the 'ole ball coach would like that.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 12:32 PM
I didn't do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Youch! I'm not sure the 'ole ball coach would like that.

Karma's a bitch!

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Lifer

and yet another thread about VY that can't go without mentioning Bush or Leinhart or vice versa.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 12:38 PM
I didn't do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
and yet another thread about VY that can't go without mentioning Bush or Leinhart or vice versa.

Well, they are all intertwined in the drama of 2006 American football. They all three competed for the Heisman, they all three played in the national championship and they all three are very marketable personalities. The comparisons and grouping is a natural effect of their inadvertant relationship.

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 12:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Well, they are all intertwined in the drama of 2006 American football. They all three competed for the Heisman, they all three played in the national championship and they all three are very marketable personalities. The comparisons and grouping is a natural effect of their inadvertant relationship.
to a point, but not every single time one of their names is brought up.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
to a point, but not every single time one of their names is brought up.
Its kinda like getting Hookem to go a single day without some deragatory A&M thread!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 01:05 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrp88lx's
Its kinda like getting Hookem to go a single day without some deragatory A&M thread!

I haven't mentioned A&M in a derogatory light in I don't know when prior to the settling of the lawsuit that "Wasn't about the money."

Care to wager on your statement?

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 01:16 PM
Time Served

damn... bet's doing something on a down sounth football player.... I guess he's just gonna happen to run into rappers and stuff? lol.. seems like something out of BET's focus group...

'92 green aod coupe.

built aod, ported gt-40 heads with 1.92 1.60 valves. trick flow 1.7 roller rockers. Trick flow Stage one cam, Explorer gt-40 intake and a set of 3.73's out back.

Running Again!!!!

Last quote "I'll be back"?
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 01:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
I haven't mentioned A&M in a derogatory light in I don't know when prior to the settling of the lawsuit that "Wasn't about the money."

Care to wager on your statement?
Hell No I lose to you enough during football season... . But seriously I dont have time to check all your post, but you do have to admit you spend alot of time looking for shit to throw.....!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement