Mark Cuban fined $200k by NBA - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Mark Cuban fined $200k by NBA

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=2440355

$100k for going onto the court during game 1 against the Spurs
$100k for comments about NBA officials on his blog

I know $200k is pocket change for Cuban, but dizamn!

I think he matches the amount he is fined and gives it to charity though. Good day for whatever charity he gives to!
SVTVenom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 04:00 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
That's his first fine of the year, IIRC.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 08:12 PM
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
I cant stand Cuban. Hes acts like a fucking child. Oh I have millions of dollars, I can do whatever I want. He is the one reason I hate the Mavericks. Well that and Im a Rockets fan.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
 
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 08:22 PM
mannish boy
 
Cooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: drunk on diesel
Posts: 31,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ac
I cant stand Cuban. Hes acts like a fucking child. Oh I have millions of dollars, I can do whatever I want. He is the one reason I hate the Mavericks. Well that and Im a Rockets fan.
Black AC = player hater
Cooter is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ac
I cant stand Cuban. Hes acts like a fucking child. Oh I have millions of dollars, I can do whatever I want. He is the one reason I hate the Mavericks. Well that and Im a Rockets fan.
Mark Cuban is probably the best and smartest owner in professional sports today.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 08:43 PM
Censored
 
big_tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 3,699
where is his blog? I want to read it, because most likely what is said was correct.

Doors Done Rite
big_tiger is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 08:46 PM
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Mark Cuban is probably the best and smartest owner in professional sports today.
Steinbrenner.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter
Black AC = player hater
No seriously. You dont think he acts like a child at the games? Hes obnoxious!

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 08:48 PM
NES Crew
 
kangol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: I love Texas, and I don't drive a Lexus.
Posts: 4,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_tiger19
where is his blog?
http://www.blogmaverick.com/

#1 result btw, just sayin'...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
kangol is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Censored
 
big_tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 3,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ac
No seriously. You dont think he acts like a child at the games? Hes obnoxious!
I would act the same way if I was in his position. lol well I guess that proves your point, being that I am 20

Doors Done Rite
big_tiger is offline  
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 08:50 PM
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_tiger19
I would act the same way if I was in his position. lol well I guess that proves your point, being that I am 20
Yeah but 20 isnt childlike. I would say he acts more like hes in the 14-15 yr old range. Cocky enough like a freshman in HS, but immature enough to be an idiot. Thats just the perception I get from seeing him.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 08:53 PM
Old School
 
TRAXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 4,684
Thumbs up

I will read all the posts and not repeat what was already said
I will read all the posts and not repeat what was already said
I will read all the posts and not repeat what was already said
I will read all the posts and not repeat what was already said
I will read all the posts and not repeat what was already said
I will read all the posts and not repeat what was already said

Sorry SVT

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently

Last edited by TRAXX; 05-10-2006 at 09:05 PM.
TRAXX is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ac
Steinbrenner.
Steinbrenner is a cancer to baseball. He talks about/down to his players for no reason.

Mark Cuban makes the NBA a better league because he is hands on in a very unique way. Plus, he is a smart business man and knows how to run an organization.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
He should just donate, instead of making an ass out of himself as a dollar matching game.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 08:57 PM
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Steinbrenner is a cancer to baseball. He talks about/down to his players for no reason.

Mark Cuban makes the NBA a better league because he is hands on in a very unique way. Plus, he is a smart business man and knows how to run an organization.
How many championships does Cuban have? How many championships does Steinbrenner have?
Hollywood is offline  
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX
haha sweet! Thats 200k going to the charity of his choice.

(for those who dont know, Cuban donates to charity dollar for dollar what ever the NBA fines Im as a way of saying "kiss my ass!" )
I already posted that above.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
How many championships does Cuban have? How many championships does Steinbrenner have?
That doesn't mean jack shit. Steinbrenner didn't win anything, his players did. All he does is write checks and shoot his fat mouth off. Plus, Steinbrenner has been around for FOREVER. Cuban is relatively new. Steinbrenner is just like Ted Turner, he thinks he can buy a World Series by stealing players from other teams by overpaying.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Maybe theyll lose, and he will be a titty baby and sell them off, and get a better owner. Then I will like them.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 11:09 PM
Raiden Wins
 
def1eppard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Earthrealm
Posts: 4,045
The reason every other team hates Cuban is the same reason Mavs fans love him. He's not like some boring old guy who just sits in his suite. He's a FAN.

def1eppard is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 11:17 PM
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Theres a difference in being a fan and getting out there to cheer, and being a fucking obnoxious retard. He apparently cant find that line.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ac
Theres a difference in being a fan and getting out there to cheer, and being a fucking obnoxious retard. He apparently cant find that line.
I think you and others find him obnoxious because he actually knows about the game and is probably knows more about it than 90% of the folks out there. Most owners don't know dick unless their GM or talent scouts gives them the full run down.

What other owner/multi-millionaire do you know of that gets fined $500k and then goes and works at a local Dairy Queen for a day to prove his point?

I know of only one........Mark Cuban.

Last edited by SVTVenom; 05-10-2006 at 11:53 PM.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 06:59 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
Cuban was a normal guy that got very very lucky and ended up being a BILLIONAIRE. His first job was was as a powdered milk and garbage bag salesman

He may be buying the Pittsburgh Pirates next, if so Steinbrenner might have some competition.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
BP is offline  
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 09:53 AM
MFFL!
 
mustang_marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Carrollton
Posts: 15,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by def1eppard
The reason every other team hates Cuban is the same reason Mavs fans love him. He's not like some boring old guy who just sits in his suite. He's a FAN.
I agree 100%!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ac
Theres a difference in being a fan and getting out there to cheer, and being a fucking obnoxious retard. He apparently cant find that line.
More fans would probably do that if they knew they wouldnt go to jail. They live vicariously through Cuban because his ass can do whatever he wants. Fans will do some crazy shit, but the law keeps most from ever showing their rabid side.
mustang_marc is offline  
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 10:01 AM
[x] original checkboxer
 
MattB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Coppell
Posts: 10,836
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
Cuban was a normal guy that got very very lucky and ended up being a BILLIONAIRE. His first job was was as a powdered milk and garbage bag salesman

He may be buying the Pittsburgh Pirates next, if so Steinbrenner might have some competition.
Before he was a baller, he used to date my ex'g/f's older sister! He still has a limo come and pick them up for Mavs games from time to time.
MattB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome