Ufc 60!!!!! - DFWstangs Forums
View Poll Results: UFC60 getting close!!!!
Matt Wins early by ground n pound 10 25.00%
Matt wins by submission 3 7.50%
Royce wins by submission late 11 27.50%
This fight will go the distance 6 15.00%
Im just ready for them to fight and stop the shit talking!!!! 10 25.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Ufc 60!!!!!

Anyone have a change of heart on the outcome???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 06:00 AM
que?

i am still gonna say Royce is gonna cchoke him out...
post #3 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 06:02 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

I'm with you.

Even though Royce is older now than he was back then, I think hes still a threat to Matt Hughes. I cant f_ckin stand matt hughes and his arrogant ass attitude!!!

Back in they day when Royce fought Ken S, Kimo, and Dan Severn 99% of the people didnt give Royce a chance and look what happened.........

post #4 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 06:04 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

No doubt Royce is a threat to almost any fighter but I don't see Matt losing this fight. I think Matt is too strong for Royce and will try to keep the fight standing. I don't see Royce being able to take Matt down too often either. Matt is a great wrestler and Royce's takedown ability just isn't that great. I see Matt spending the majority of the time trying to GnP through Royce's guard and win a decision.

BTW, I think this has the making of a very boring match. There are many other fights I would prefer to see than this one.

Last edited by Matt93Cobra; 05-08-2006 at 06:17 AM.
post #5 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 06:06 AM
que?

hey i dont do this much but here...

that was made on my old account...
post #6 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt93Cobra
No doubt Royce is a threat to almost any fighter but I don't see Matt losing this fight. I think Matt is too strong for Royce and will try to keep the fight standing. I don't see Royce being able to take Matt down too often either. Matt is a great wrestler and Royce's takedown ability just isn't that great. I see Matt spending the majority of the time trying to GnP through Royce's guard and win a decision.

BTW, I think this has the making of a very boring match. There are many other fights I would prefer to see than this one.

I agree. Matt Hughes is strong as hell and a true wrestler, but hes let it go to his head. When he first started, I liked him a lot but in EVERY SINGLE interview he gets cockier and cockier and its gotten to the point to where the man thinks he's a God. I think GSP will show the world soon that hes the Champion in the Welterweight division. I think Royce's time has come and gone and IMO this fight it a publicity event to get the old UFC fans back into it. That and the $$$ had to be right.

I tell you who I wouldnt mind watching, and thats D.Sanchez and BJ Penn.
post #7 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 07:00 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sec302
I agree. Matt Hughes is strong as hell and a true wrestler, but hes let it go to his head. When he first started, I liked him a lot but in EVERY SINGLE interview he gets cockier and cockier and its gotten to the point to where the man thinks he's a God. I think GSP will show the world soon that hes the Champion in the Welterweight division. I think Royce's time has come and gone and IMO this fight it a publicity event to get the old UFC fans back into it. That and the $$$ had to be right.

I think that he is playing a part that is hyping his fights. He's got you in a tizzy.
I don't disagree that GSP will take his belt from him later this summer.
post #8 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
I think that he is playing a part that is hyping his fights. He's got you in a tizzy.
I don't disagree that GSP will take his belt from him later this summer.

Man I watched the GSP/Sherk fight and I didnt know that S.Sherk has only 1 loss before to M.Hughes. GSP man handled him the whole fight. I like St.Pierre all around too.

The only thing that pisses me off about the Gracie/Hughes fight is people talking shit on Royce. That man has fought people a hell of a lot bigger than him. Hughes wouldnt stand a chance against fighters in other classes like Liddell, Fedor, Arlovski, CroCop. Not saying that Royce would, but thats all heresay.....the man is in his 40s now.

Is Liddell and Jackson gonna fight anytime soon?
post #9 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 10:18 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
Is Liddell and Jackson gonna fight anytime soon?

Very unlikely. Rampage wants his chedda and it is unlikely at this point that the UFC is going to pay him as much as Chuck right out of the gate. Rampage looks to be done w/Pride as does Marc Coleman. Look to see Rampage fighting in a smaller venue than the UFC that will pay him big $$$. Same goes for Coleman.
post #10 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Very unlikely. Rampage wants his chedda and it is unlikely at this point that the UFC is going to pay him as much as Chuck right out of the gate. Rampage looks to be done w/Pride as does Marc Coleman. Look to see Rampage fighting in a smaller venue than the UFC that will pay him big $$$. Same goes for Coleman.
I think Colemans time has come and gone too. Hes still got that "punchers chance" but I dont see him being a champion again. Rampage needs to get back into the UFC and just make as much money as he can until he can get to the money fights. I think he could very well be the light heavyweight champion in the UFC one day.

Who is Liddell suppose to fight next, do you know?
post #11 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 10:39 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
Who is Liddell suppose to fight next, do you know?
Babalu! After that? I suppose Tito or Forrest?
post #12 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Babalu! After that? I suppose Tito or Forrest?
You dont know when do you? I dont mean an exact day, but a month, season of the year? lol.

He crushed babalu the first fight. It looked like babalu was intimidated to begin with. I think the same will happen next fight.
post #13 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 02:43 PM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
You dont know when do you? I dont mean an exact day, but a month, season of the year? lol.

He crushed babalu the first fight. It looked like babalu was intimidated to begin with. I think the same will happen next fight.
Not sure right now. I know that Chuck has some sort of toe injury so I would expect it to be mid-late summer for Chuck/Babalu.
post #14 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Your Daddy

Thumbs up

Here is how Royce thinks Hughes would win

Date: 05/08/06 10:29 PM
1111 Total Posts Ignore User

Hollywood Blonde - by some bullshit ref stoppage. or him falling a sleep on me, and getting one takedown.
post #15 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced89lx
Here is how Royce thinks Hughes would win

Date: 05/08/06 10:29 PM
1111 Total Posts Ignore User

Hollywood Blonde - by some bullshit ref stoppage. or him falling a sleep on me, and getting one takedown.
I didnt quite follow you on that ???
post #16 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 07:41 AM
SVT God

Matt wins by submission!

2010 Chevy Equinox
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 - RC 3" lift, 31" Duratracs
post #17 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 07:50 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
I didnt quite follow you on that ???
It is a post copy and pasted by Royce from another message board.
post #18 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 07:52 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinc_Stang
Matt wins by submission!
LMAO. Royce has NEVER been submitted in MMA. And if for some reason he was caught in a submission, he would prefer broken bones or be choked out cold before he would tap. That is a guarantee.
post #19 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
It is a post copy and pasted by Royce from another message board.

Correct me on my ignorance, but Royce Gracie posts on another board?

Is that what you're saying?
post #20 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 08:30 AM
Owner of to many Cars!

If you go to the UFC site they have video clips of interviews done with them. There is also a clip from UFC 2, where grayce fights shamrock. If you pay attention to the interview from shamrock, hughes gives an IDENTICAL interview about grayce. Even though years have passed.....

Look at what happened then............ I imagine the results shall be the same now.

1963 Ford Fairlane
1991 Mustang Coupe
1994 Cobra Mustang by Mike Duffy Race Cars
post #21 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Oh I see what you're saying. Whether or not Gracie wins or loses the man deserves respect and I hope he does win, but either or he'll step in that octagon a legend and leave the octagon a legend.

Anyone watch the old Liddell/Horn fight last night? Them damn one-twos Liddell was throwing were crazy !!

I laughed my ass when he gave him that first one-two and horns knees buckled. I guess thats what he gets for saying, "I guarantee victory, blah blah blah and "if chuck thinks hes fighting the same Jeremy Horn from years ago, he's got another thing coming"

post #22 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 08:57 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
Correct me on my ignorance, but Royce Gracie posts on another board?

Is that what you're saying?
Yes....an MMA message board frequented by many pro fighters.
post #23 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 09:53 AM
Your Daddy

ya it was royce posting. he answered questions for about 2 hours last night. very cool if you ask me.

that board used to be badass. there were alot of fighters that posted there until all the trolls ran them off. most of them lurk but hardly post anymore.
post #24 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 09:53 AM
SVT God

Quote:
LMAO. Royce has NEVER been submitted in MMA. And if for some reason he was caught in a submission, he would prefer broken bones or be choked out cold before he would tap. That is a guarantee.
Its gonna be a good fight then!

2010 Chevy Equinox
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 - RC 3" lift, 31" Duratracs
post #25 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
ya it was royce posting. he answered questions for about 2 hours last night. very cool if you ask me.

that board used to be badass. there were alot of fighters that posted there until all the trolls ran them off. most of them lurk but hardly post anymore.

What is the webiste if you dont mind???
post #26 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 11:11 AM
Your Daddy

www.mma.tv, click on the underground forum.
post #27 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 09:25 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Wow, this poll isnt biased at all is it? lol.

Royce by submission early.

Hughes is good, but it's obvious on this board who really trains and who is on bandwagons.

Gracie BJJ is NOT like what has become to know as UFC BJJ. Gracie JJ comes at you from all sorts of screwy angles. The only way you can train for it is by training with a Gracie family member on a regular basis.

I give Hughes the "puncher's chance" at best. He will not be successful at the GnP and there is NO WAY Hughes will submit Gracie.

As for Royce's takedowns, you can't compare Royce's takediwn with that of what has become typical UFC "shoots" and "slams". Gracie BJJ is not about that, it's about control and angle. It's also well known that Royce prefers to work from his back which negates your typical takedown.

JMO.

Steve
post #28 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 09:43 PM
I might, im drunk.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD

Hughes is good, but it's obvious on this board who really trains and who is on bandwagons.

Gracie BJJ is NOT like what has become to know as UFC BJJ. Gracie JJ comes at you from all sorts of screwy angles. The only way you can train for it is by training with a Gracie family member on a regular basis.

I give Hughes the "puncher's chance" at best. He will not be successful at the GnP and there is NO WAY Hughes will submit Gracie.

As for Royce's takedowns, you can't compare Royce's takediwn with that of what has become typical UFC "shoots" and "slams". Gracie BJJ is not about that, it's about control and angle. It's also well known that Royce prefers to work from his back which negates your typical takedown.

JMO.

Steve
Either way its going to be an awsome fight
post #29 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 06:54 AM
Your Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD

JMO.

Steve
puff, puff, PASS
post #30 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 07:06 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
puff, puff, PASS
Unlike most guys around here, if I'm wrong I will admit it. But at least I'm not an armchair UFC warrior.
post #31 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Very Interesting

I'll put a hundo on Hughes if anyone is willing to take it...
post #32 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 12:14 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt
I'll put a hundo on Hughes if anyone is willing to take it...

I think DallasStars281 was looking for a bet

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #33 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 12:40 PM
Never settle always excel

I voted for the "Im just ready for them to fight and stop the shit talking!!!! " I am pulling for Hughes though I like his no BS fighting style.
post #34 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 05:58 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD

JMO.

Steve
don said you were up for a bill on a bet...let me know to lock it in.
post #35 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 09:08 PM
Your Daddy

well?
post #36 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 11:50 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
well?
sure is quiet jkd.
post #37 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 12:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:

I liked Hughes until he did the UF show. He was an ass on there and just lost all respect I had for him.

He's very susceptible to chokes, I think Royce gets him with a triangle or rear naked choke.

--wes
post #38 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 12:10 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesman
I liked Hughes until he did the UF show. He was an ass on there and just lost all respect I had for him.

He's very susceptible to chokes, I think Royce gets him with a triangle or rear naked choke.

--wes
Why does everyone not like him for the show? Do you only like basketball or football players in the association or leauge that "come across" as nice guys? How many people are fans of arrogant asses etc because of the way they play and not how they are.

I'm a big Hughes fan not because of the person, but because of how he fights and the way he fights. And to be the best or one of the best you have to think you are one of the best. Sorry rant off.
post #39 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 12:27 PM
Lifer

I didn't like him from the show because he was a condescending, hypocritical prick for 90% of the show.

Just like this years show. I'm liking Tito more and more and disliking Shamrock because of his antics.

--wes
post #40 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 12:28 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesman
I didn't like him from the show because he was a condescending, hypocritical prick for 90% of the show.

Just like this years show. I'm liking Tito more and more and disliking Shamrock because of his antics.

--wes
I haven't got to watch much of this season's show but nothing will make me like Tito. End of story. lol.
post #41 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 12:31 PM
Lifer

I think it will be a interesting fight, it will depend on how good of shape Gracie is and if he can limit being hit.

I dunno im torn right now i like gracie alway's have but if it gets too be a ground fight then of course im gonna go with gracie. but if Hughe's keeps him up on his feet like Tito vs Laddell then it's over for gracie.

05 Yamaha R6- Not stock anymore
90 Eagle Talon TSi- Yeah it's slow
post #42 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 12:35 PM
que?

'this is my house, i build it'

nuff said...
post #43 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 12:42 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

The 27th can't get here fast enough!

With boxing falling apart, that big wig who left boxing and joined the UFC staff, I'm really starting to fear the UFC turning into a circus act like boxing and/or WWE. I'll see if I can find the story again.

Found it : http://msn.foxsports.com/story/5549662
post #44 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 02:06 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
don said you were up for a bill on a bet...let me know to lock it in.
Steve?
post #45 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 02:10 PM
Your Daddy

Marc Ratner was the head of the NSAC (nevada state athletic commission).

I dont see how him joining the ufc staff would turn it into a circus act. one of the owners (Lorenzo) of the ufc used to be on the commission with ratner before purchasing the ufc. im sure that is what helped ufc get licensed in Jersey and Nevada..
post #46 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 02:26 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Marc Ratner was the head of the NSAC (nevada state athletic commission).

I dont see how him joining the ufc staff would turn it into a circus act. one of the owners (Lorenzo) of the ufc used to be on the commission with ratner before purchasing the ufc. im sure that is what helped ufc get licensed in Jersey and Nevada..

All I meant by it was that I fear thatis the direction the UFC is heading and not that he alone could do that.

Nate- will PM you details.
post #47 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 02:29 PM
AHMO!

Cool.
post #48 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 10:47 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Here is a video of Royce doing a media workout preparing for this fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M6SKkeBBO4
post #49 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 11:09 AM
African Booty Scratcher

nassty nate... double or nothing on ufc 60 i will take gracie?? lemme know.

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #50 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 11:10 AM
AHMO!

I was wondering when you were going to come back for that...Deal...I'm now in for 140 total in the Hughes vs Gracie fight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement