Texas-OU Red River Shootout/Rivalry staying in Dallas till 2010 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Texas-OU Red River Shootout/Rivalry staying in Dallas till 2010

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/conte...rns/index.html

Thank goodness because a home-home would ruin the legacy of this game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 07:04 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Maybe they can move it to Texas Stadium once the Cowboys move to their new location?

post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof
Maybe they can move it to Texas Stadium once the Cowboys move to their new location?
No way. It has to stay in the Cotton Bowl.

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 07:49 PM
-----------------------

Must stay in the cotton bowl. Anything less will ruin the atmosphere of the second saturday every October.
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
No way. It has to stay in the Cotton Bowl.
agreed

89 Coupe
02 GT
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 08:04 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Hate to break it to you guys, but the Cotton Bowl is not going to be around forever.

post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof
Hate to break it to you guys, but the Cotton Bowl is not going to be around forever.
As is stands right now, no it won't. Thats why they are spending like $50 million dollars to upgrade it and have it seat 92,100 fans.

There is too much history at that stadium to give up.
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 01:21 AM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
so does that mean texas is once again backing down to the arkansas series.
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 07:52 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
so does that mean texas is once again backing down to the arkansas series.

NEWSFLASH: TEXAS AND OKLAHOMA ARE IN THE SAME CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!

How the HELL would Texas and OU not playing at a neutral site mean Texas and pig would be playing year in and year out?

Texas fans dont like the way they are treated in that God forsaken land, and Texas residents don't like what happens to our countryside when those inbred sister mounting pig squealing tards come to town.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 05:40 PM
BOOMER SOONER!

defiently a good thing, couldn't picture the same intensity anywhere else.
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 01:39 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm

NEWSFLASH: TEXAS AND OKLAHOMA ARE IN THE SAME CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!

How the HELL would Texas and OU not playing at a neutral site mean Texas and pig would be playing year in and year out?

Texas fans dont like the way they are treated in that God forsaken land, and Texas residents don't like what happens to our countryside when those inbred sister mounting pig squealing tards come to town.

well since it was reported that texas was wanting to do the same thing with arkansas and move the OU to home and home games. but it looks like UT pussed out once again.

why is UT so afraid of the SEC?
post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 10:25 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
well since it was reported that texas was wanting to do the same thing with arkansas and move the OU to home and home games. but it looks like UT pussed out once again.

why is UT so afraid of the SEC?

Texas didn't schedule any NAIA teams last year. Does that men we're afraid of the NAIA?
What does Texas gain by playing pig? It sure as hell doesnt help our SOS.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 11:14 AM
bud
Bleh

That is awesome. I used to go to the OU/Texas game every year. Now I live here and hope to go to the game each year again. Definately one of the better standing rivalries out there IMO.

2003 Mustang GT - SOLD!

New Project Coming Soon
post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Saint's heart sinner skin

hell yes!
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 08:48 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Texas didn't schedule any NAIA teams last year. Does that men we're afraid of the NAIA?
What does Texas gain by playing pig? It sure as hell doesnt help our SOS.

they gain the chance at getting beat yet again.

the sec always help your sos, it is a true power conference. not just 2 schools and 10 wanna be's, well 3 and 9. the texas ark game brings big money to both schools, and it is one the rivalries that needs to come back.

maybe unt will do another home and home with ark that way you can go watch your team get beat again, by your team I mean the school you went to. we all know that you didn't even go to UT, I guess grades weren't good enough.
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 08:52 PM
Recovering Lush

No, I spent two years at UT, thank you very much. Once again, you demonstrate you don't know what the fuck you're foaming off about 90% of the time, MR. "Texas wins in spite of Vince Young."

Until Arkansas can put a quality product on the field, Texas has NOTHING to gain by scheduling them. In the big scheme of it all, it's a one sided rivalry, with a Tier 2 school, football-wise.

Quote:

the sec always help your sos, it is a true power conference. not just 2 schools and 10 wanna be's, well 3 and 9. the texas ark game brings big money to both schools, and it is one the rivalries that needs to come back.

maybe unt will do another home and home with ark that way you can go watch your team get beat again, by your team I mean the school you went to. we all know that you didn't even go to UT, I guess grades weren't good enough.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:

SEC has some good teams, but Arkansas is definately not one of them. Just having an SEC team on your schedule doesn't do shit. It actually has to be a decent team to do anything to help a schedule out. Arkansas, Kentucky, Vanderbuilt, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Mississippi St. all sucked last year and they aren't getting any better.

The Big XII had 8 teams get bowl bids (Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Colorado, Iowa St, Nebraska, Missouri, and Kansas) to the SEC's 6 (LSU, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, Florida, and South Carolina.
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 09:01 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
No, I spent two years at UT, thank you very much. Once again, you demonstrate you don't know what the fuck you're foaming off about 90% of the time, MR. "Texas wins in spite of Vince Young."

Until Arkansas can put a quality product on the field, Texas has NOTHING to gain by scheduling them. In the big scheme of it all, it's a one sided rivalry, with a Tier 2 school, football-wise.

yea you are right, texas didn't learn from getting handled the last three times they played a much weaker arkansas team. it took a dumb play by matt jones for texas to escape with a win. texas doesn't want to take the chance of getting beat before the big 12 season. the osu games were agreed on awhile back so before you make that claim these games have been there for awhile waiting for the years agreed upon to play them. Arkansas has offered time and time again to do a home and home or neutral site game every year, and the AD seems to want to do it but then someone or something keeps blocking it. maybe mack is worried that his team having to play a power conference year in and year out might not be in the best interest of his team.
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
yea you are right, texas didn't learn from getting handled the last three times they played a much weaker arkansas team. it took a dumb play by matt jones for texas to escape with a win. texas doesn't want to take the chance of getting beat before the big 12 season. the osu games were agreed on awhile back so before you make that claim these games have been there for awhile waiting for the years agreed upon to play them. Arkansas has offered time and time again to do a home and home or neutral site game every year, and the AD seems to want to do it but then someone or something keeps blocking it. maybe mack is worried that his team having to play a power conference year in and year out might not be in the best interest of his team.
Texas is actually playing teams that matter when it comes to the National Championship. Arkansas is not one of them. Ohio St. is. Its very simple.
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Recovering Lush

We play enuff cream puffs. Until pig can put a quality product on the field, it's pointless. The team Texas beat for the MNC put 70 on you, and could have hung a hundred had they desired.

There are light years of difference in the direction and stature of the two schools in question.

Quote:

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 09:15 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
We play enuff cream puffs. Until pig can put a quality product on the field, it's pointless. The team Texas beat for the MNC put 70 on you, and could have hung a hundred had they desired.

There are light years of difference in the direction and stature of the two schools in question.
what team a does to team b doesn't mean team c can do the same to team b even though team c beat team a.

texas was light years ahead of them all the other times too right, and what happened those games?
post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
what team a does to team b doesn't mean team c can do the same to team b even though team c beat team a.

texas was light years ahead of them all the other times too right, and what happened those games?
Dude, do you seriously think that Arkansas could have even hung with Texas last year if they played? Not a chance. You are smoking crack otherwise. In this case the Team A, Team B, Team C does apply here because of the teams involved, players involved, and most importantly scoreboard.
post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 09:20 PM
Recovering Lush

You're comparing that pathetic little team, and their pathetic little record, to the team that won the BCS title game.............
Against the team that you laid down for like a two dollar whore?????

Quote:

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 09:22 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Dude, do you seriously think that Arkansas could have even hung with Texas last year if they played? Not a chance. You are smoking crack otherwise. In this case the Team A, Team B, Team C does apply here because of the teams involved, players involved, and most importantly scoreboard.
too bad we will never know. I mean texas had a hard time with a&m and ark runs the options better than a&m so yea I think it would have been a better game. plus vy running wasn't a factor the last time he played the hogs since they know how to contain fast qb, considering they practiced vs a faster one 2 years ago.
post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 09:28 PM
Recovering Lush

The only person who doesn't understand that would have happened, seems to be you....but then again, you seem to think that "Texas won in spite of VY."

Self proclaimed football "Egg spurts" are pretty damn funny.

You don't get how bad pig was last year, and don't understand the dynamics of the Texas/Ag rivalry, esp at Kyle.......but still think you know all there is to know about the game.

Quote:
too bad we will never know. I mean texas had a hard time with a&m and ark runs the options better than a&m so yea I think it would have been a better game. plus vy running wasn't a factor the last time he played the hogs since they know how to contain fast qb, considering they practiced vs a faster one 2 years ago.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
What team did Arkansas play this year that had an option QB? None.

You've got no evidence to back that statement up.

The 2006 Texas team is so much better than the 2005 Texas team its not even funny.
post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 03:26 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
The only person who doesn't understand that would have happened, seems to be you....but then again, you seem to think that "Texas won in spite of VY."

Self proclaimed football "Egg spurts" are pretty damn funny.

You don't get how bad pig was last year, and don't understand the dynamics of the Texas/Ag rivalry, esp at Kyle.......but still think you know all there is to know about the game.

there it is fall back on a it is rivalry game that is why texas almost lost. maybe a&m just did what ark did the 2 years previous. it worked then and seemed to still work last year.

maybe if texas would man up and play hte series like they were supposed to we can find out every year.
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
there it is fall back on a it is rivalry game that is why texas almost lost. maybe a&m just did what ark did the 2 years previous. it worked then and seemed to still work last year.

maybe if texas would man up and play hte series like they were supposed to we can find out every year.
One question: Did Texas win against AT Arkansas in 2004-2005 and AT A&M 2005-2006?
post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 02:25 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:

Texas could win one game every 5 years agaisnt pig in a yearly game, and it would still take pig until the year 2049 to own an edge in the series. What is the point?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 04:07 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Texas could win one game every 5 years agaisnt pig in a yearly game, and it would still take pig until the year 2049 to own an edge in the series. What is the point?

is that texas doesn't want to play anybody from the sec, because they are afraid of an early loss.
post #31 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 04:30 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
is that texas doesn't want to play anybody from the sec, because they are afraid of an early loss.

<-----Patting you on the head.
Yes....that's exactly it. Whatever makes you feel better.
(It has nothing to do with pig being a tier 2 football school, at best......)

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #32 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 05:03 PM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
Thats a good point
post #33 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 05:04 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Thats a good point

Yea, that would explain why tOSU is on the schedule.......

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #34 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 05:07 PM

Quote:
good point for a dumb cracka LOL
post #35 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 05:08 PM

Quote:
One question: Did Texas win against AT Arkansas in 2004-2005 and AT A&M 2005-2006?
One Question, what college did you really attend?
post #36 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
One Question, what college did you really attend?
I forgot, you claim there is some mythical rule of how you have to attend said college to root for them, yet you root for like 3-4 different schools. You don't have that many degrees.
post #37 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
NOBODY in the SEC could have handled Texas last year. Alabama had the best 'D' in the SEC and would have gotten blown off of the map.

They did not dominate Texas Tech in the Cotton Bowl and should have lost that game, but got saved on a blown call. Texas DOMINATED Texas Tech on both sides of the ball and special teams.

The closest thing the SEC has in a mobile QB is D.J. Shockley and he isn't anything near what VY could do.

LSU was decent, but Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, and Florida were all paper teams.
post #38 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 08:41 PM

Quote:
I forgot, you claim there is some mythical rule of how you have to attend said college to root for them, yet you root for like 3-4 different schools. You don't have that many degrees.
Nah I root for several teams, Texas A&M and any team that has a chance of pissing you and Hookem off by either beating Texas or staying in front of them in the standings.

Enjoy the title while you can jackass, the day for you and Hookem honoring yourselves by pledging your puckered assholes to VY and the 2005 horns ends this fall.

Even you know that no matter how good the Horns were this year they won't have a run on the title game like USC did.
post #39 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Nah I root for several teams, Texas A&M and any team that has a chance of pissing you and Hookem off by either beating Texas or staying in front of them in the standings.

Enjoy the title while you can jackass, the day for you and Hookem honoring yourselves by pledging your puckered assholes to VY and the 2005 horns ends this fall.

Even you know that no matter how good the Horns were this year they won't have a run on the title game like USC did.
Anyone else having Deja Vu here? Didn't you say the same type of thing last year? Remind me what happened to your Aggies, Hokies, and your bandwagon Trojans?
post #40 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 01:39 AM
Recovering Lush

USC won one MNC, just like Texas did.......your point?

Quote:

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #41 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 08:53 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:

that was scheduled years before they played it. alot of times these games are set up 6 to 7 yrs in advance and if this was one wasn't osu just so so at that time. I could be wrong on that, not a big 10 follower.
post #42 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 08:55 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
NOBODY in the SEC could have handled Texas last year. Alabama had the best 'D' in the SEC and would have gotten blown off of the map.

They did not dominate Texas Tech in the Cotton Bowl and should have lost that game, but got saved on a blown call. Texas DOMINATED Texas Tech on both sides of the ball and special teams.

The closest thing the SEC has in a mobile QB is D.J. Shockley and he isn't anything near what VY could do.

LSU was decent, but Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, and Florida were all paper teams.

and you know this how? texas could barely hold a&m yet you claim that no team in the sec could have beat texas. you don't know and i don't know for a fact and never will.
post #43 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
and you know this how? texas could barely hold a&m yet you claim that no team in the sec could have beat texas. you don't know and i don't know for a fact and never will.
I also don't see anyone other than Arkansas with a "Jones" to put Texas on their schedule either.
post #44 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 10:30 AM

Quote:
USC won one MNC, just like Texas did.......your point?
Yeah whatever you need to tell yourself dipshit! It seems ESPN doesn't hold your same opinion you see they feel that USC was number 1 at the end of both the 2003 and 2004 seasons. Sharing the 2003 season title w/ LSU and owning the 2004 season title, then returning for a third run at the title for a third year. So let's see Jan. of 2004, 2005 and 2006.

Shared = National Champion Bryce and you can't handle the fact you know my statement is true. tU will most likely not have a 3 year run for the title. Not a chance at the title Bryce I mean truly being in the hunt for the National Title during the very last game of the year. A place tU was in this year but not the 10 plus years before nor do I think for the next couple years anyhow. They could make another run but I don't see it, do you Bryce?
post #45 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Yeah whatever you need to tell yourself dipshit! It seems ESPN doesn't hold your same opinion you see they feel that USC was number 1 at the end of both the 2003 and 2004 seasons. Sharing the 2003 season title w/ LSU and owning the 2004 season title, then returning for a third run at the title for a third year. So let's see Jan. of 2004, 2005 and 2006.
Too bad ESPN isn't in charge of giving out titles, thank God. Just because ESPN "feels like" USC should have been #1 doesn't mean jack shit. They weren't.

USC won the AP National Championship in 2003.
LSU won the BCS National Championship in 2003.

The BCS is how the NCAA has decided to determine the National Champion and that was LSU in 2003.

USC has accumulated 2 AP National Titles and 1 BCS National Title in the past 3 years.
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Recovering Lush

You think ESPN has anything to do with determing the BCS chamption, and I'm the dipshit?
LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They won ONE title, period.

Quote:

Shared = National Champion Bryce and you can't handle the fact you know my statement is true. tU will most likely not have a 3 year run for the title. Not a chance at the title Bryce I mean truly being in the hunt for the National Title during the very last game of the year. A place tU was in this year but not the 10 plus years before nor do I think for the next couple years anyhow. They could make another run but I don't see it, do you Bryce?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 07:48 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
You think ESPN has anything to do with determing the BCS chamption, and I'm the dipshit?
LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They won ONE title, period.

they are listed as champs both years one has an * though
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 11:51 AM
CEO of......

Quote:
that was scheduled years before they played it. alot of times these games are set up 6 to 7 yrs in advance and if this was one wasn't osu just so so at that time. I could be wrong on that, not a big 10 follower.

i thought the ut/tosu game was set up after the '02 recruiting class? Because both schools had the top 2 classes that year and they wanted to see who would be better? just something that i thought i heard once.
post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Time Served

Aside from all of this blah blah about rivalries and whos better than who crap... you have to take into account the loss/gain benefit of scheduling a non-conf game.

In the case of Ohio State, the game benefits Texas greatly by beating a top10 team and even with a loss it's to a top10 team and potential title contender.

There really is no reason to play teams like Arkansas cause there really isn't a loss benefit for Texas with the current state of the Ark program.

Most mid level programs have the chance to beat top level schools on any given day. For teams that typically reside in the top 10-20 there is no point in taking a potential early loss to a team that isn't going to help your resume later.
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Recovering Lush

That's been mentioned a few times. Sadly, some overestimate the current status of Arkansas football in the scheme of SOS and what not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
Aside from all of this blah blah about rivalries and whos better than who crap... you have to take into account the loss/gain benefit of scheduling a non-conf game.

In the case of Ohio State, the game benefits Texas greatly by beating a top10 team and even with a loss it's to a top10 team and potential title contender.

There really is no reason to play teams like Arkansas cause there really isn't a loss benefit for Texas with the current state of the Ark program.

Most mid level programs have the chance to beat top level schools on any given day. For teams that typically reside in the top 10-20 there is no point in taking a potential early loss to a team that isn't going to help your resume later.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement