Cowboys agree to 5-year deal with Jaguar LB (Archer) - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

Cowboys agree to 5-year deal with Jaguar LB (Archer)

Cowboys agree to 5-year deal with Jaguar LB

03:24 PM CST on Monday, March 13, 2006

By TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News

IRVING – The Cowboys agreed to a five-year deal Monday with linebacker Akin Ayodele, the second free agent to come to terms with Dallas since the market opened Saturday.

Guard Kyle Kosier, a former Lion, signed a five-year, $15 million deal with Dallas on Saturday that included a $5 million signing bonus.

Growing up, Ayodele, an Irving MacArthur product, served as a ballboy for some Cowboys games at Texas Stadium.

The Cowboys visited with Ayodele (6-2, 251) on Saturday. The Cowboys had extensive talks with the agent for linebacker Scott Fujita, who started the final eight games of 2005 for Dallas, but he is visiting with Jacksonville, Oakland and New Orleans.

To acquire Fujita last year, the Cowboys gave up a sixth-round pick in 2006 and a conditional fifth-round pick in 2007, but he did not meet certain playing-time requirements last season to make the Cowboys give up that pick too.

In 64 games with Jacksonville, Ayodele, 26, had 343 tackles and 8½ sacks with three interceptions, eight pass deflections and eight forced fumbles. He forced four fumbles in 2005, finishing with 72 tackles.

Ayodele was the Jaguars third-round pick in 2002 out of Purdue, where he played defensive end and finished with 29 sacks in three years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

NEW ORLEANS -- The New Orleans Saints came to terms Monday with free agent Scott Fujita, a linebacker with four years in the NFL, a Saints spokesman said.

Fujita spent three years with the Kansas City Chiefs and last year with the Dallas Cowboys. His career statistics include 268 tackles with 54 assists and 11.5 sacks.

The move comes a day after former Saints linebacker Cedric Hodge signed with the Miami Dolphins.

Quote:
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 03:46 PM
I didn't do it

Jesus Christ, the defensive side of the ball is good enough! We need some playmakers on offense!

Chant with me:

DREW BREES! DREW BREES! DREW BREES!

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 03:48 PM
Raiden Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley
Jesus Christ, the defensive side of the ball is good enough! We need some playmakers on offense!

Chant with me:

Yeah, word! Gimme some offense. I did like Scott Fujita though.

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 03:50 PM
I didn't do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by def1eppard
Yeah, word! Gimme some offense. I did like Scott Fujita though.

Wasn't Fujita a bad guy on Dragonball Z?

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Taliban can SUCK IT!

Quote:
Wasn't Fujita a bad guy on Dragonball Z?
lol yes Goku's evil brother or something like that

the front office here in Dallas does not seem to understand what wins games is a team. not defense. you can shut a team out every game and your still not going to win if your offense cant produce some kind of points.

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

Quote:

Chant with me:

TO will probly come to Dallas...and btw

103.3 espn just reported that brees might land in miami for a 6 year 55 million contract. they are still looking for confirmation.

Quote:
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 04:02 PM
I didn't do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesmoke
lol yes Goku's evil brother or something like that

the front office here in Dallas does not seem to understand what wins games is a team. not defense. you can shut a team out every game and your still not going to win if your offense cant produce some kind of points.

I'll see your point and raise you the 2000 Ravens.

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 04:04 PM
I didn't do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
TO will probly come to Dallas...and btw

103.3 espn just reported that brees might land in miami for a 6 year 55 million contract. they are still looking for confirmation.

T.O.! T.O.! T.O.!T.O.!

Bring his ass on! I wanna watch him tear Drew Bledsoe a new asshole on the sideline next year. He gonna be the spark baby! Play mad!

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 12:27 AM
Lifer

Quote:
T.O.! T.O.! T.O.!T.O.!

Bring his ass on! I wanna watch him tear Drew Bledsoe a new asshole on the sideline next year. He gonna be the spark baby! Play mad!
i agree 100%......

bring T.O to dallas.....and some offensive linemen...............
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 01:35 AM
Raiden Wins

I don't even watch Dragonball Z, but I think the guy yall are referring to is Vejita or something like that. It's definitely a V, not an F.

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 02:38 AM
Lifer

Quote:
TO will probly come to Dallas...
Hope your right mainly since I think our WR's are done. Its all over though once he goes super sayan. We really need O/L and R/B help though. Drew can get it done with some protection.

The NFC East is starting too look like a tough division. The skins have been busy. Also, I think the boys only have two picks maybe three in the next draft. I don't know what their waiting for.

"The problem with doing nothing is you never know when your finished."
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 07:49 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
I'll see your point and raise you the 2000 Ravens.
Didn't the 2000 Ravens have a pretty solid running game and one of the best defenses ever? Not saying that style can't be done but it is pretty difficult.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 08:50 AM
I didn't do it

Quote:
I don't even watch Dragonball Z, but I think the guy yall are referring to is Vejita or something like that. It's definitely a V, not an F.

Wow. We've gone from talking football to splitting hairs about a cartoon character. Magnificent, simply magnificent.

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

Cowboys have something like
1st
2nd
3rd
5th
6th
7th

Quote:
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 11:29 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

With Culpepper just being traded to the Dolphins, the Cowboys might have a shot at Brees after all.

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof
With Culpepper just being traded to the Dolphins, the Cowboys might have a shot at Brees after all.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5410800

Quote:
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 12:11 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Wow. Looks like Dallas might miss the playoffs again this year.

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 01:09 PM
Raiden Wins

Quote:
Wow. We've gone from talking football to splitting hairs about a cartoon character. Magnificent, simply magnificent.
Haha, thats just how these forums are. Ya know, throwing footballs....throwing fireballs. Pretty much the same exact thing.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 01:23 PM
I didn't do it

Quote:
Haha, thats just how these forums are. Ya know, throwing footballs....throwing fireballs. Pretty much the same exact thing.

Pro Football with fire.....interesting concept.

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

T.O. offically cut

Quote:
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 01:34 PM
I didn't do it

Quote:
T.O. offically cut
Let the media frenzy begin!

post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Let the media frenzy begin!
Keshawn to be released......

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement