Texas vs. Texas A&M - Big12 Champ. SemiFinals - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Texas vs. Texas A&M - Big12 Champ. SemiFinals

Texas is up big at halftime 43-30. Anyone else think the game at A&M was just an aberration? I do.

Texas should definately get a #1 seed if they win this tourney. They've beaten Memphis @ Memphis as well as Villinova, both whom are being talked about getting #1 seeds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 01:28 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Thumbs up

The only people that won't agree that the game at A&M was an aberration are going to be the Aggies that don't know what "aberration" means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
The only people that won't agree that the game at A&M was an aberration are going to be the Aggies that don't know what "aberration" means.
LOL! Good point.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 01:42 PM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Texas is up big at halftime 43-30. Anyone else think the game at A&M was just an aberration? I do.
So much for that theory.... I will admit the aggs are a much worse team, however when they play with more heart like they are in this second half they play like a top25 team.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Raiden Wins

Can I not catch this on TV or what?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX
So much for that theory.... I will admit the aggs are a much worse team, however when they play with more heart like they are in this second half they play like a top25 team.
Texas is almost like the Mavs. They get a big lead and try to sit on it. Buckman hasn't done crap today and for some reason they aren't going to Alderidge down low. P.J. Tucker has had a MONSTER game today.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Wolverines!!!

Texas Played mediocre over all, they had spurts where they played like champs.. Yet they also showed alot of the same mistakes they have all year. Either way it was a hard fought game on both sides UT won...whatever congrats to them. A&M is still gunna get their bid for sure now.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

74-70 Texas win. Texas moves on to the final to play either Nebraska or Kansas.

P.J. Tucker ended up with:

- 9 for 17 from the field
- 8 for 12 on free throws
- 26 total points
- 13 rebounds
- 4 assists
- 5 steals

Its no wonder he was named the Big 12 Player Of The Year.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 02:20 PM
American Idol

Quote:
74-70 Texas win. Texas moves on to the final to play either Nebraska or Kansas.

P.J. Tucker ended up with:

- 9 for 17 from the field
- 8 for 12 on free throws
- 26 total points
- 13 rebounds
- 4 assists
- 5 steals

Its no wonder he was named the Big 12 Player Of The Year.
Now, tu just needs to make sure he doesn't fail out in the spring & summer so he will be back next fall.

"I don't have a problem with anger, I have a problem with idiots!"
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 02:30 PM
American Idol

Quote:
Texas Played mediocre over all, they had spurts where they played like champs.. Yet they also showed alot of the same mistakes they have all year. Either way it was a hard fought game on both sides UT won...whatever congrats to them. A&M is still gunna get their bid for sure now.
The Ags & horns will be a tough draw for any team in the NCAA's. tu will probabaly get screwed out of the #1 seed. How in the hell do you get seeded behind 2 teams you beat? I wish ESPN would get off the Big ten & Big east's nuts.

"I don't have a problem with anger, I have a problem with idiots!"
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Jr
The Ags & horns will be a tough draw for any team in the NCAA's. tu will probabaly get screwed out of the #1 seed. How in the hell do you get seeded behind 2 teams you beat? I wish ESPN would get off the Big ten & Big east's nuts.
I really don't think A&M is going to get a bid. They've only beaten one ranked opponent this year and that was Texas, of whom they are now 1-2 against. Just because they ripped off a nice set of wins towards the end of the season doesn't mean they should get a bid.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 03:44 PM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
I really don't think A&M is going to get a bid. They've only beaten one ranked opponent this year and that was Texas, of whom they are now 1-2 against. Just because they ripped off a nice set of wins towards the end of the season doesn't mean they should get a bid.
A&M is easily one of the top 50 teams these days, not to mention they slaughtered Colorado the only other real competitor from the big 12 for a bubble spot. And they beat CU when they were ranked 25th so thats 2 ranked wins. Most the other teams on the bubble are in horrible confrences like the missouri valley, etc. The question isn't whether A&M gets in tommorow night, but rather if they'll be lucky enough to get under a 13th seed.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Looks like its gonna be Texas vs. Kansas for the Big 12 Tournament Final. Its 71-53 with 4:46 left to go in the 2nd half of the Kansas/Nebraska game.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Recovering Lush

Maybe, maybe not. They still have no good road wins, which is a generally a requirement for the Selection Committee. Helluva game today, in any case.

Quote:
A&M is easily one of the top 50 teams these days, not to mention they slaughtered Colorado the only other real competitor from the big 12 for a bubble spot. And they beat CU when they were ranked 25th so thats 2 ranked wins. Most the other teams on the bubble are in horrible confrences like the missouri valley, etc. The question isn't whether A&M gets in tommorow night, but rather if they'll be lucky enough to get under a 13th seed.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 10:50 AM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Maybe, maybe not. They still have no good road wins, which is a generally a requirement for the Selection Committee. Helluva game today, in any case.
True but the selection committee also likes win streaks and that sort of thing. I think if you combine their slaughter of CU and dominance of them all season with the fact A&M had the 3rd longest win streak in the nation before yesterdays game, along with the fact they've shot up as far aws the top 100 teams go. They seem a pretty easy bid. BUt we will see come tonight.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Along for the ride

Big road wins or not, I think A&M should easily get a bid. Everything I've read/heard has them in but we shall see.

So you guys that think A&M shouldn't be in, you think only 3 teams from the Big12 should get bids? Sorry, but A&m should be in.

20 wins
10 wins in Big12 play
finishing season with 7 straight wins
knocking off Texas at home
killing Colorado in big 12 tournament
playing Texas don't to the wire in big12 tourney

I love our defense, hustle, and team play. Hopefully we'll get a bid.

Gig 'em.

Marcus

'92 Emerald Green Mustang LX Hatch 5.0
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Recovering Lush

But, they played absolutely NOBODY in non-conference. I mean......NOBODY. That, and the whole road problem:
Not a single good road win.
I dunno whether they deserve a bid or not, but almost beating a team shouldnt be something you bullet point on your Selection Sunday resume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cammer97
Big road wins or not, I think A&M should easily get a bid. Everything I've read/heard has them in but we shall see.

So you guys that think A&M shouldn't be in, you think only 3 teams from the Big12 should get bids? Sorry, but A&m should be in.

20 wins
10 wins in Big12 play
finishing season with 7 straight wins
knocking off Texas at home
killing Colorado in big 12 tournament
playing Texas don't to the wire in big12 tourney

I love our defense, hustle, and team play. Hopefully we'll get a bid.

Gig 'em.

Marcus

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Not looking good for Texas towards the end here. They are down 75-66 with 1 min to go
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
But, they played absolutely NOBODY in non-conference. I mean......NOBODY. That, and the whole road problem:
Not a single good road win.
I dunno whether they deserve a bid or not, but almost beating a team shouldnt be something you bullet point on your Selection Sunday resume.
I win 12 seed. too bad they wont get farther than that facing off against Syracuse first
Sponsored Links
Advertisement