post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Ufc 58

7 minutes away.....

Anyone watching?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 08:08 PM
Time Served

stuck at work, but i got the tivo going.

F T S
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zora04
stuck at work, but i got the tivo going.
who is winning ????i wish i was watching

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Blessed

Man I lucked out. They had the UFC at Hooters in Denton. My wife wanted to go and we got there just in time for the BJ Penn/GSP. I won't spoil it, but the 3 fights I saw were good.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 12:32 AM
Hero in a half shell

Well I was pleased with how the fights turned out tonight. I wasn't disappointed with one fight, except maybe with David Loiseau since he was running away the whole time. But God, did he have a massive welt on his eye, had to be the size of a golf ball at one point, I don't know how he could see through that eye. I was supprised Penn did as good as he did against GSP. I was disappointed when the crowd started booing GSP after the decisions announced his victory, I can almost gaurantee they wouldn't have done that if UFC 58 wasn't promoted as USA vs. Canada. I actually felt pretty bad for GSP because he deserved that win and the crowd disrespected that. I am glad that they have the lightweights back again!

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 02:58 AM

effin rights GSP deserved that fight.....he took control of the fight after the first round even though he got tooled in the first round. rush took penn down to the ground 3-4 times through the 2nd and 3rd round, and when he took penn down and managed to get himself into a shoulder lock and get out of it, i knew GSP had the match then

loiseau did pussy out alot in that fight, but he stood on his head too, just look at how much franklin pounded him...i belive that if he would have capitalized when he rocked franklin, it would have been a different story...its just too bad that he couldnt show franklin what canadian elbows are made of
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 01:25 PM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowgt02
effin rights GSP deserved that fight.....he took control of the fight after the first round even though he got tooled in the first round. rush took penn down to the ground 3-4 times through the 2nd and 3rd round, and when he took penn down and managed to get himself into a shoulder lock and get out of it, i knew GSP had the match then
I think that is very debatable. That was a really close fight. Yes he took BJ down a few times but what did he do besides fall into his butterfly guard? There was little to no action on the ground w/the exception of BJ attempting a few subs. BJ totally owned the standup. Unfortunately BJ didn't seem to have the gas tank to stay busy enough after the 1st round to clinch a victory but that was a damn close fight!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 01:56 PM

the next day..
Gsp: "man Im so glad I won the fight"
Friends: "haha right"
Gsp: "no really I won!"

I too expected better out of the crow.
Usa 3 Canada 2
So does this mean GSP and Hughes are gonna fight now?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 02:42 PM
I might, im drunk.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by gethemified426
the next day..

Usa 3 Canada 2
yep, i thought that guy at the begining was funny asking for a lower weight division, was is under welter weight?
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gethemified426
the next day..

Usa 3 Canada 2
Really good fights. I bet Loiseau and Franklin are feeling that shit today. I think GSP pulled that fight out, but it could have gone either way. They know that they cant leave that in the hands of the judges.

Hughes will probably end up fighting GSP but he has Gracie first so it probably wont happen until after the summer I would guess.

I can't wait to see Ortiz and Griffin!!!!
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 06:10 PM
P1

mike swick is a bad som bitch

Oh! A phoneg is ringin....
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 06:26 PM
Bitter Italian

In anything but UFC Bj wins that fight. UFC loves L&P.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 10:28 PM

yea mike swick is up and coming. knowin that franklin is out of the picture for 6 months now with his hand, its going to be interested to see who will challenge him next.

as for penn runnin out of gas, yeah he looked a bit pudgy, so i expected him to start runnin out of gas in the 2nd round, which is when gsp took over.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 09:03 PM
Your Daddy

Pretty interesting news here

http://www.mma.tv/TUF/index.cfm?ac=L...40&FID=1&pc=41

The guy posting as Legends is BJ Penn's brother.

skid, the weight classes are Heavyweight, Light Heavyweight 205 lbs, Middleweight 185 lbs, Welterweight 170 lbs, and Lightweights 155 lbs.

Some of the other organizations around showcase smaller weight fighters. 145, 135, etc. Hominick is the 145 lb champ in Canada.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 11:47 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

I just watched the first 2 rounds of the Penn/GSP fight and I have to say that Penn won the first 2 rounds IMHO. He was just as aggressive as GSP, had just as good of octagon control, had better strikes, and did WAY more damage. I'll have to wait to download the 3rd round here in a bit.

Swick ended that fight FAST! I wonder what would have happened between he and Stephan Bonnar had he not tapped out with only a few seconds to go on TUF1.

I'm really starting to like Rich Franklin now. I didn't like him at first because he came off as being too cocky, but he's grown on me. Anyone who can win a fight with broken bones earns some points in my book.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 12:57 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Just got done watching the 3rd round and I still think the it should have gone to Penn. Even though he didn't finish as strong as he started off, he still did more damage overall and even when he was on his back he was throwing punches and going for submissions. That dude has some crazy flexability for sure!

After seeing Matt Hughes beat Frank Trigg, GSP should be no problem.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 06:40 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
After seeing Matt Hughes beat Frank Trigg, GSP should be no problem.
No way. GSP has been on a tear since his first loss to Hughes. I don't think Hughes will be able to pull it off again as GSP has improved A LOT. Consider the win St. Pierre just eeked out against BJ. He will grow a lot from that tough fight as he will likely be in for a similarly tough fight w/Hughes. It will be a great fight for sure. Then we should finally get to see Hughes/Penn 2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement