UT v. A&M tonight - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Sports weenie @ full attn

UT v. A&M tonight

7pm, ESPN2. I think we have the 2 biggest rivalries in this section on 2 consecutive days. Hook em! A&M isn't bad at home so I'm not predicting any kind of a blowout at all. Should be a good game.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 05:00 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

I got the 'Horns winnin this one.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 05:57 PM
Along for the ride

Should be a good game. Ags play pretty good 'D' at home. I'm hoping we are extra motivated tonight since I think we really need this game to give us any chance of making the big dance.

Gig 'em.

Marcus

'92 Emerald Green Mustang LX Hatch 5.0

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 08:07 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

TEXAS JUMP, TEXAS JUMP, TEXAS JUMP UP AND BITE MY ASS.
TEXAS JUMP, TEXAS JUMP, TEXAS JUMP UP AND BITE MY ASS.
TEXAS JUMP UP AND BITE MY ASS,
TEXAS JUMP UP AND BITE MY ASS.
TEXAS-JUMP-AND-BITE-MY-ASS,
TEXAS JUMP UP AND BITE MY ASS.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 08:07 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Man 2 top 10 teams fall in one night. Duke loses to Florida St. and Texas loses to Texas A&M.

Horrible shooting night for both sides:

Texas: 32.5%
Texas A&M: 32.7%

Youch.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 08:56 PM
American Idol

Thanks for the brainfart Tucker. I think he was the one who ran the shotclock out?

"I don't have a problem with anger, I have a problem with idiots!"
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Along for the ride

Man, great win for A&M. I think we may need one more win though, whether it be the last game at TTU or in the Big12 Tourney, to have a serious chance at sneaking into the NCAA Tourney. I personally think we deserve to make it just based on toughness, defense, and hustle. I know we are not the most talented but man does this team play hard and play together.

The brain fart by Tucker was shocking, as was the lack of defense by Gibson on Law when he hit the winning shot.

So what do ya'll think? Should the Ags make the NCAA Tourney? I say yes.

Gig 'em.

Marcus

'92 Emerald Green Mustang LX Hatch 5.0
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Old School

Well at least you Ags and cheer about SOMETHING.

Best of luck to you guys assuming you make the tourney.

As hot and cold as Texas has proven to be, I kinda wonder if they will do much in the tourney. A cold night and youre done.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 09:58 PM
American Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cammer97
Man, great win for A&M. I think we may need one more win though, whether it be the last game at TTU or in the Big12 Tourney, to have a serious chance at sneaking into the NCAA Tourney. I personally think we deserve to make it just based on toughness, defense, and hustle. I know we are not the most talented but man does this team play hard and play together.

The brain fart by Tucker was shocking, as was the lack of defense by Gibson on Law when he hit the winning shot.

So what do ya'll think? Should the Ags make the NCAA Tourney? I say yes.

Gig 'em.

Marcus
Got to beat Tech and/or win at least 1 game in the Big12 tourney, then they might get in. Imagine if they would have won those 3 Big12 games they lost by a combined total of 7 points. Damn, I wish A. Wright would have stayed for his senior year.

post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Sports weenie @ full attn

Dammit. I decided to lay down during halftime and one minute later I was passed out. Just woke up but it looks like I missed a good game. I think A&M deserves a bid. Experts had Colorado going but they're falling off and A&M is making a late run. I think if A&M wins one more game either way, they're in. Oh well, I'll take a Longhorns loss right now over a Spurs loss. Go Spurs.

post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 01:52 AM
Recovering Lush

Nice win for the ags.....I got wrapped up into work, and totalyl forgot about it.....

As to the NCAAs, I dont think the Ags have a chance. RPI is poor, and they have zero quality road wins. Not a good 1-2 punch,

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 07:52 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Nice win for the ags.....I got wrapped up into work, and totalyl forgot about it.....

As to the NCAAs, I dont think the Ags have a chance. RPI is poor, and they have zero quality road wins. Not a good 1-2 punch,
Gotta disagree, I think the Ags have gotten it together at the right time.
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 08:02 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrp88lx's
Gotta disagree, I think the Ags have gotten it together at the right time.

Don't get me wrong....the more Big 12 teams in the tourney, the better.

That being said....I don't know if the Selection Committee is going o see the Ags as "Sexy" enuff to get in.

This is also contingent on performance in the Big 12 Tourney....if they go one and done...fuggetaboutit.

They show a lil something, then that's a different story.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 08:07 AM
Never settle always excel

I thought we played a good game, Go Aggies, LOL
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 08:10 AM
not exclude

I thought both teams played rather poorly. But the Ags did out play us, good win to you guys.
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
I thought both teams played rather poorly. But the Ags did out play us, good win to you guys.
Nice moral victory actually had tU taught ole P.J. had to read a clock tU might have had a chance in the end, LOL.
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 08:31 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Nice moral victory actually had tU taught ole P.J. had to read a clock tU might have had a chance in the end, LOL.
[Princess Bride]I do not think it means what you think it means[/Princess Bride]

Come on now....you know what a moral victory is, and isn't.

Moral victory: We won halftime.....even though we lost the game by 20.
Moral victory: Hold the line. We only lost by 10!

"Both teams played poorly" is not so much a moral victory, as an observation.
"You didn't beat us so much as we beat ourselves" may or may not be a moral victory, but it certainly is an excuse.

I can't say if this is true one way or the other, as the only info about the game I have, came from this thread.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 08:52 AM

Quote:
[Princess Bride]I do not think it means what you think it means[/Princess Bride]

Come on now....you know what a moral victory is, and isn't.

Moral victory: We won halftime.....even though we lost the game by 20.
Moral victory: Hold the line. We only lost by 10!

"Both teams played poorly" is not so much a moral victory, as an observation.
"You didn't beat us so much as we beat ourselves" may or may not be a moral victory, but it certainly is an excuse.

I can't say if this is true one way or the other, as the only info about the game I have, came from this thread.

Look point blank any time uT takes a loss you all say well they didn't play well or some BS excuse. As much shit as you talk about the Aggies Bryce I am not even worried about debating the issue of moral victory, hell how about this you are right he wasn't claiming a moral victory, I was just talking smack. Well the score last night said every thing it needed it to say !

Last edited by Pro Trash; 03-02-2006 at 08:59 AM.
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 09:01 AM

The way Texas has played all year, they are gonna be a tough tourney team to predict. IMO they could go out at the Sweet 16 or make it to the Final 4 ust depends if they get on a roll. They are streaky but have a great starting five and a top notch front line. I did not see the game but obviously they had a bad shooting night or the inside guys got in foul trouble or something. A&M does not have enough to make the field of 64 unless they have a great showing in the Big 12 tourney. As someone stated earlier they do not have a strong RPI and no quality road wins, their is also a national perception that the Big 12 is weak this year(that always seems to be the case damn east coast bias)

Good win either way for the ags
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 09:24 AM
Recovering Lush

Put the crack down. Where id I say any such thing?
"I can't say if this is true one way or the other, as the only info about the game I have, came from this thread."
"Nice win for the ags.....I got wrapped up into work, and totalyl forgot about it....."

Where did I make an excuse?

And someone who has Texas in their sig, their avatar, and even their picture has the gall to complain about someone talkin a lot of mess about another team?

Hypocrite much?

--------------------------------------

Now, all that being said, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to look at the score, see both teams were under 50, and realize something strange most likely happened. Either both teams played lights out defense, or both teams stunk it up on offense......again, I don't know.....I haven't seen any information about the game, other than what's been posted here.

It's aggy like you that make other Horns not wanna extend congratulations and what not about the game.

My statement was "Nice win for the ags," and you turn it into somehow I'm making excuses. Eminem nailed my sentiments about fans like you, who can't take a congratulatory "Way to go":

You don't know how sick you make me
You make me fucking sick to my stomache
Everytime I think of you I puke
You must just not not knoooooowww
You may not think you do
But you do everytime I think of you I puke
----------

Quote:
Look point blank any time uT takes a loss you all say well they didn't play well or some BS excuse. As much shit as you talk about the Aggies Bryce I am not even worried about debating the issue of moral victory, hell how about this you are right he wasn't claiming a moral victory, I was just talking smack. Well the score last night said every thing it needed it to say !

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Put the crack down. Where id I say any such thing?
"I can't say if this is true one way or the other, as the only info about the game I have, came from this thread."
"Nice win for the ags.....I got wrapped up into work, and totalyl forgot about it....."

Where did I make an excuse?

And someone who has Texas in their sig, their avatar, and even their picture has the gall to complain about someone talkin a lot of mess about another team?

Hypocrite much?

--------------------------------------

Now, all that being said, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to look at the score, see both teams were under 50, and realize something strange most likely happened. Either both teams played lights out defense, or both teams stunk it up on offense......again, I don't know.....I haven't seen any information about the game, other than what's been posted here.

It's aggy like you that make other Horns not wanna extend congratulations and what not about the game.

My statement was "Nice win for the ags," and you turn it into somehow I'm making excuses. Eminem nailed my sentiments about fans like you, who can't take a congratulatory "Way to go":

You don't know how sick you make me
You make me fucking sick to my stomache
Everytime I think of you I puke
You must just not not knoooooowww
You may not think you do
But you do everytime I think of you I puke
----------
Wow Bryce I thought you said I never get to you? LOL You big ole wing bag you, heck you even pulled up some lyrics to a song for me. I appreciate the effort and think you are a strange. Oh by the way do you recall the little quote you had about A&M being the biggest under achievers in the Big 12? I do, but last night that wasn't the case was it.

I think it is funny I get under your skin this much, LOL. I put so little effort into it and get such great results . I also didn't say you were making excuses I said you all, meaning the Horns fans on this site not just you Bryce. Let me know when the world stop spinning around you

Also if you attended Tarleton State and played Football for them then you know you attended and played ball for a now Texas A&M Systems school don't you?

Last edited by Pro Trash; 03-02-2006 at 10:11 AM.
post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Wow Bryce I thought you said I never get to you? LOL
I did..you don't. You seem to have a serious comprehension issue.
Quote:
You big ole wing bag you, heck you even pulled up some lyrics to a song for me.
Actually, I was updating my media player library, and they hapened to be up, and rather appropo. Do we need to pull the delusions of grandeur denifition up?
Quote:
I appreciate the effort and think you are a strange.
Does your HS offer ESL?
Quote:
Oh by the way do you recall the little quote you had about A&M being the biggest under achievers in the Big 12? I do, but last night that wasn't the case was it.
The quote from the Morning News still stands true. Unless you live in a vacuum....
Quote:
I think it is funny I get under your skin this much, LOL. I put so little effort into it and get such great results . I also didn't say you were making excuses I said you all, meaning the Horns fans on this site not just you Bryce. Let me know when the world stop spinning around you
Ever thought of teaching Hypocrisy 101?
Quote:
Also if you attended Tarleton State and played Football for them then you know you attended and played ball for a now Texas A&M Systems school don't you?
This isn't a "now" thing....it was then, thus the myriad of signs on campus that read "A BETTER part of the Texas a&m System."

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 11:22 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

The Ags have to put on an impressive show in the 12 tourney to make it to the big tourney. Bottom line.

Where's a link to the Big 12 Tourney breakdown?

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 11:26 AM
American Idol

It's kinda funny some of these so called horns fans(or nuthuggers, or whatever you want to call them) on this site forgot about or fell asleep during a game that would have given them a Big 12 title and most likely a #1 tourney seed. I wonder if the result would have of been different would the stories have changed. LOL!

post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 11:29 AM
not exclude

Quote:
You are confusing me for an aggie. There is no moral victory, I hate seeing the 'Horns play poorly. But neither team put up impressive numbers much of anywhere, really can't deny that. Unless you thought your aggie's 32% shot average is good? Then the ags are in big trouble, lol!

I thought I was being generally honest and upfront with my comment, and did, indeed, congratulate the ags on a win. Not out of luck but for outplaying us.
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 11:36 AM
CEO of......

my question is, why the hell was gibson in the game at the end? they mentioned that he had a hurt knee. why was he on Law? it seemed like law knew this and took advantage of it. you notice when he made his move in then took a step back that gibson couldn't recover fast enough. good job by Law. besides the end, that game was just all around boring, i can't stand low scoring games and 32% fg shooting.
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 12:09 PM

Quote:

Are you kidding me?? Both teams played like ass and the home team won. Which is the yearly trend in the Big 12.

Neither team shot more than 35%
Neither team broke 50 points

A&M has always had a great home court fan base which showed on just about every commercial break intro/outro

Can you point out the excuses please?? It came down to a buzzer game winning shot cause Tucker made a complete bone head brain fart. Would his error, had it not happened, definately change the outcome?? Maybe/Maybe not. A&M would most likely have at least one more shot anyway. That right there shows that both teams were down to the wire. One team won, and one team lost... next game.

If you call THE FACTS a moral victory for Texas then you really have lost it.

Your whole season comes down to a selection commitee. We're already a lock. Why do we need a 'moral victory'.
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
Are you kidding me?? Both teams played like ass and the home team won. Which is the yearly trend in the Big 12.

Neither team shot more than 35%
Neither team broke 50 points

A&M has always had a great home court fan base which showed on just about every commercial break intro/outro

Can you point out the excuses please?? It came down to a buzzer game winning shot cause Tucker made a complete bone head brain fart. Would his error, had it not happened, definately change the outcome?? Maybe/Maybe not. A&M would most likely have at least one more shot anyway. That right there shows that both teams were down to the wire. One team won, and one team lost... next game.

If you call THE FACTS a moral victory for Texas then you really have lost it.

Your whole season comes down to a selection commitee. We're already a lock. Why do we need a 'moral victory'.

post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 12:27 PM

Quote:

Hell the sun has to shine on A&M athlectics at least once this year...
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 12:34 PM
LS1 Fighter

Go Aggies !!!....Now i just need OU to beat texas......

Rock Chalk Jayhawks...!

Can't beat them, Join their message board !!

I m5...

post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 12:38 PM
Recovering Lush

Some of us actually have a life outside of sports and this bbs.......shocking, as it may be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Jr
It's kinda funny some of these so called horns fans(or nuthuggers, or whatever you want to call them) on this site forgot about or fell asleep during a game that would have given them a Big 12 title and most likely a #1 tourney seed. I wonder if the result would have of been different would the stories have changed. LOL!

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
Hell the sun has to shine on A&M athlectics at least once this year...
Three times actually we all know about last night but our Lady Aggies have put down the Lady Horns twice this year on the Basketball court 02/08 was A&M 73 UT 53 then on 02/22 it was A&M 79 UT 67. So we are currently 3 wins to 1 win over UT in basket ball games played by our Men and Ladies this year!
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Some of us actually have a life outside of sports and this bbs.......shocking, as it may be.
I am calling bullshit Bryce the numbers don't lie, I took a quick look and divided each of our total number of posts by months on DFWstangs and found this:

Name / Average Monthly posts
Hookem / 220.91
P.T. / 118.31
Moose / 21
post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Recovering Lush

Actually, figures lie.....
And liars figure.

Quote:
I am calling bullshit Bryce the numbers don't lie, I took a quick look and divided each of our total number of posts by months on DFWstangs and found this:

Hookem / 220.91
P.T. / 118.31
Moose / 21

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Hookem / 220.91
P.T. / 118.31
Moose / 21
ROFLMAO...SOO TRUE....
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Actually, figures lie.....
And liars figure.
I guess you area liar then Bryce or math deficient for it is very simply.

You have posted up 7954 times since Feb 2003 which is 36 months so you divide 7954 by 36 and the answer is 220.9. Hence you average 220.9 posts per month give or take a couple.

I have posted up 2605 times since Apr 2004 which is 22 months so you divide 2605 by 22 and the answer is 118.4. Hence my average 118.4 posts per month give or take a couple.

So what is the lie here Bryce because I have to tell you either you have limited math skills or you are full crap. I am thinking the latter applies.
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Recovering Lush

You should REALLY get out more often......that isn't exactly a new axiom.

Figures lie....and liars figure.
And go figure....Travis is figuring!

BTW...the below is proof you have no life whatsoever. Wal-Mart, aisle 11....econo size box o' life ASAP!

Quote:
I guess you area liar then Bryce or math deficient for it is very simply.

You have posted up 7954 times since Feb 2003 which is 36 months so you divide 7954 by 36 and the answer is 220.9. Hence you average 220.9 posts per month give or take a couple.

I have posted up 2605 times since Apr 2004 which is 22 months so you divide 2605 by 22 and the answer is 118.4. Hence my average 118.4 posts per month give or take a couple.

So what is the lie here Bryce because I have to tell you either you have limited math skills or you are full crap. I am thinking the latter applies.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 01:53 PM

Quote:
You should REALLY get out more often......that isn't exactly a new axiom.

Figures lie....and liars figure.
And go figure....Travis is figuring!

BTW...the below is proof you have no life whatsoever. Wal-Mart, aisle 11....econo size box o' life ASAP!
Great job Spin Master Bryce you wiggle more than John Kerry!

Talk about being a hypocrite LOL you may want to look up the meaning of the word, Mr. I post 100 more times a month more than you do, LOL.
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Great job Spin Master Bryce you wiggle more than John Kerry!

Talk about being a hypocrite LOL you may want to look up the meaning of the word, Mr. I post 100 more times a month more than you do, LOL.

x 100=

Several 1000 posts more than I have amassed in some 3 years......much less in 1 month.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 12:23 PM

Quote:
x 100=

Several 1000 posts more than I have amassed in some 3 years......much less in 1 month.

LOL you got me on that one I should have put Mr. I make 100 more posts a month than you do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement