Vince Young scores a 6 on the Wonderlic - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

Vince Young scores a 6 on the Wonderlic

According to PFT, Young scored a 6 on the Wonderlic test. This could hurt his stock much more than any of his workouts.

Quote:
A league source tells us that there's a rumor making the rounds at the combine that Texas quarterback Vince Young scored a miserably horrible six on the Wonderlic test.

A six! That's bad. It's beyond bad. In fact, it's the lowest score that we can ever remember hearing anyone getting.

All incoming NFL players take a 50-question version of the Wonderlic, with a 12-minute window within which to finish it.

We found 15 sample Wonderlic questions on ESPN.com's page 2, including such brain-benders as selecting the ninth month of the year from among five possible choices. We'd like to think that most people of average intelligence could get at least six of the 15 sample questions right.

Getting a total of only six out of a total of 50 questions of that same kind is pa-freakin'-thetic. For a guy who's going to be called upon to read defenses and call audibles and work through a progression of receivers against NFL-caliber opposition, it's downright scary.

The source tells us that he hasn't seen the result in writing yet, but that he's "99 percent" certain that Young's score was six.

Said the source, who knows a thing or two about evaluating college players:

"I predict he'll fall all the way out of the first round."

That's a bold statement, and we're not saying that we agree with it -- primarily because our guess is that there's someone almost dumb enough to get a six on the Wonderlic, who'll overlook Young's low score along with any other concerns that might come to light over the next two months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 10:23 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Sounds like yet more BS to try and bring VY down. Are we playing football here or trying to become a Rhodes scholar?

I wonder how Adrian Peterson would score, but wait, he doesn't go to class.
post #3 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Sounds like yet more BS to try and bring VY down. Are we playing football here or trying to become a Rhodes scholar?

I wonder how Adrian Peterson would score, but wait, he doesn't go to class.
haha, i knew you'd take it offensive...

Quote:
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.

post #4 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
haha, i knew you'd take it offensive...

what other response would you expect??
post #5 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 10:39 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

List of past/present QB's Wonderlic test scores:

http://www.unc.edu/~mirabile/Wonderlic.htm

As you see, some of the greatest names in NFL history didn't do dick on this test. It doesn't mean anything other than you aren't good at solving word problems. Same thing with the SAT or ACT.

By the way, I scored high on both the SAT and ACT so its not like I have a personal bias against the tests.
post #6 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
List of past/present QB's Wonderlic test scores:

http://www.unc.edu/~mirabile/Wonderlic.htm

As you see, some of the greatest names in NFL history didn't do dick on this test. It doesn't mean anything other than you aren't good at solving word problems. Same thing with the SAT or ACT.

By the way, I scored high on both the SAT and ACT so its not like I have a personal bias against the tests.
interesting list... im not bashing VY, just suprised at his score...
Maybe he can fall to Dallas at 18..

But he's top 3 regardless of any score.

Quote:
post #7 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 11:17 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
interesting list... im not bashing VY, just suprised at his score...
Maybe he can fall to Dallas at 18..

But he's top 3 regardless of any score.
If Dallas wants him, they need to be on the horn with the Saints right now making a deal.

This test won't do anything to his top 3 status.
post #8 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 11:32 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:
According to PFT, Young scored a 6 on the Wonderlic test. This could hurt his stock much more than any of his workouts.
After he gets drafted, will you finally get off his nuts?

post #9 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
After he gets drafted, will you finally get off his nuts?

Im on his nuts because i want him to be a Cowboy?

And do you notice that every topic i make, you seem to always be in it
Get off my nuts & quit your crying..

Quote:
post #10 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 11:50 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

So hows that "Gagree" working for him?

Anyone want to put a wager down that he Never completes a real Bachelors degree? (Honorary degree's don't count)

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #11 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 12:14 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:
Im on his nuts because i want him to be a Cowboy?

And do you notice that every topic i make, you seem to always be in it
Get off my nuts & quit your crying..
You ever notice that every topic you make pertains to the Longhorns in one way or another? Get off the Longhorns nuts and quit your crying. Doesn't it kill you that UT is better than OU (or whatever school you're rooting for this month) in every sport this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8

Anyone want to put a wager down that he Never completes a real Bachelors degree? (Honorary degree's don't count)
Anyone want to put a wager down that he'll never need to use a degree?

post #12 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
You ever notice that every topic you make pertains to the Longhorns in one way or another? Get off the Longhorns nuts and quit your crying. Doesn't it kill you that UT is better than OU (or whatever school you're rooting for this month) in every sport this year?

UT is better then OU?
In what? Baseball.................

Quote:
post #13 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
UT is better then OU?
Pick a sport, any sport!!!

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
post #14 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 01:41 PM
Recovering Lush

You're just pissed because:

1. VY>RM
2. VY owns aggy.
3. In two full years as a starter, VY did what aggy hasn't done in about 70 years: Win a MNC.

Quote:

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #15 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 01:42 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
You're just pissed because:

1. VY>RM
2. VY owns aggy.
3. In two full years as a starter, VY did what aggy hasn't done in about 70 years: Win a MNC.
Game, set, match.
post #16 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 02:41 PM
Recovering Lush

It was reported on a rumor mill site that his score was a 6. It was then reported by the Miami Herald from an unnamed source. ESPN is now reporting that there may have been an error in computing his score and it is being investigated.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #17 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
It was reported on a rumor mill site that his score was a 6. It was then reported by the Miami Herald from an unnamed source. ESPN is now reporting that there may have been an error in computing his score and it is being investigated.
Just read that also...

so my mistake if anyone really took offense to this..

Quote:
post #18 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 04:10 PM
I'm going Commando

Quote:
UT is better then OU?
Grammar?
post #19 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanB
Grammar?
i spell gooder

Quote:
post #20 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 06:41 PM
Recovering Lush

Texans | Casserly comments about Young's Wonderlic test
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 15:14:44 -0800

Houston Texans general manager Charley Casserly said at the NFL Combine Sunday, Feb. 26, he had heard about Texas QB Vince Young's score on the Wonderlic test. He also said he heard from a good source that the test results were inaccurate. "Yes, I have been told it was inaccurate, by a source good enough for me to stand up here and quote it. Otherwise I wouldn't get up here and just say it," said Casserly. He was asked how the test would impact the Texans opinion of Young and he replied, "Well, I can only speak for the Houston Texans. I can't speak for 31 other teams. I just said how we evaluate it. It doesn't make any difference what the test score is to us. We're going to go through the same evaluation. I could point to players that have high test scores but couldn't necessarily learn football. So you go through that process, and then we'll evaluate that player's ability to learn our system at the end of it."

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #21 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

The AJC attempts to dismiss the whole thing as "an Internet rumor," which Texans G.M. Charley Casserly honorably has debunked.

"I have been told that's inaccurate from a source good enough for me to stand up here and quote it," Casserly said on Sunday. "Otherwise, I wouldn't just get up here and say it."

Casserly is right. The test result was inaccurate. But it wasn't because of some "Internet rumor" that we plucked out of our Wondercrack. Instead, the account of Young's six was the buzz of the combine on Saturday -- and the number was being passed around as if it were fact.

First of all, we're not the only ones who reported on Young's six. The Nashville Tennessean, a non-Internet publication, went with it. As did The Sacramento Bee. John Czarnecki of FOX also made a reference to rumblings of the low score.

Second, the report was accurate -- it's the guy who graded the test who was wrong. As we've explained, the guy screwed up the scoring of Young's test, and someone leaked the number to the crowd at the combine before the error was spotted.

Quote:
post #22 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladbar
what other response would you expect??
LMAO! Good one.
post #23 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 07:31 AM
Recovering Lush

That's just completely irresponsible journalism. Paraphrased, "It wasn't an internet rumour, it was a combine rumour, so we decided that was ok, since other sources were reporting the COMBINE rumour as well.

Sheesh.

Quote:

Casserly is right. The test result was inaccurate. But it wasn't because of some "Internet rumor" that we plucked out of our Wondercrack. Instead, the account of Young's six was the buzz of the combine on Saturday -- and the number was being passed around as if it were fact.

First of all, we're not the only ones who reported on Young's six. The Nashville Tennessean, a non-Internet publication, went with it. As did The Sacramento Bee. John Czarnecki of FOX also made a reference to rumblings of the low score.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #24 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 07:48 AM
Out

This just in... Vince Young was reportedly seen being sent to his room for not finishing his veggies at dinner. Last count showed 6 peas left on his plate and getting cold quickly. It was later found out that he still had a sip or two left of milk in his glass. As for the rest of the players at combine, all finished their meals completely (Reggie Bush has been reported to have gone back for seconds).

With events such as these... the first round looks very hopeless for the National Champion Quarterback.
post #25 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 07:50 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
ESPN is now reporting that there may have been an error in computing his score and it is being investigated.
Did he forget to follow the directions?

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #26 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 07:50 AM
Recovering Lush

I bet B/CS has a parade planned......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
This just in... Vince Young was reportedly seen being sent to his room for not finishing his veggies at dinner. Last count showed 6 peas left on his plate and getting cold quickly. It was later found out that he still had a sip or two left of milk in his glass. As for the rest of the players at combine, all finished their meals completely (Reggie Bush has been reported to have gone back for seconds).

With events such as these... the first round looks very hopeless for the National Champion Quarterback.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #27 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 08:33 AM
American Idol

Nuthuggers.

"I don't have a problem with anger, I have a problem with idiots!"
post #28 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 08:49 AM
Recovering Lush

I'm guessing reading comprehension isn't one of your stronger suits, since the above story references the fact that it was graded inaccurately..........

Put down the Haterade.

Quote:
Did he forget to follow the directions?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #29 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 09:09 AM
Never settle always excel

Quote:

I don't think the test matters given any time you test outside factors can enhance or destract your test taking abilities. As a teacher I see super smart kids perform poorly on standardized tests. Dan Marino scored low but that didn't keep him from being one of the best ever.

As for the Longhorns I am still amazed that you defend them to the end. I mean Hiesman winner Ricky "Where is a my weed" Williams from UT is now a drug addicted possibly long term suspended pot head, LOL. Defend him for a while
post #30 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 09:10 AM
BOOMER SOONER!

Quote:
Get off the Longhorns nuts and quit your crying. Doesn't it kill you that UT is better than OU in every sport this year?
OU just took the Big 12 crown in women's b-ball yesterday.
post #31 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 09:17 AM
Recovering Lush

When's the parade?
Typical aggy jackassery......what is this, moral victory 16,547,981? Mix in a real victory now and then, will ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
I don't think the test matters given any time you test outside factors can enhance or destract your test taking abilities. As a teacher I see super smart kids perform poorly on standardized tests. Dan Marino scored low but that didn't keep him from being one of the best ever.

As for the Longhorns I am still amazed that you defend them to the end. I mean Hiesman winner Ricky "Where is a my weed" Williams from UT is now a drug addicted possibly long term suspended pot head, LOL. Defend him for a while

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #32 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 09:39 AM

Quote:
When's the parade?
Typical aggy jackassery......what is this, moral victory 16,547,981? Mix in a real victory now and then, will ya?
I am pissing you off again, LOL. It is easy to pull your chain Bryce
post #33 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 09:40 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
I'm guessing reading comprehension isn't one of your stronger suits, since the above story references the fact that it was graded inaccurately..........

Put down the Haterade.

Ok, define "error in computing his score" as you interpret it.

post #34 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 09:44 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
I am pissing you off again, LOL. It is easy to pull your chain Bryce

Noun1.delusions of grandeur - a delusion (common in paranoia) that you are much greater and more powerful and influential than you really are delusion, psychotic belief - (psychology) an erroneous belief that is held in the face of evidence to the contrary

megalomania - a psychological state characterized by delusions of grandeur

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #35 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 09:45 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Ok, define "error in computing his score" as you interpret it.

You're right. VY sucks. RM is obviously better. What else am I missing? Ah, yes........ Wait till next year. Hold the rope!

My apologies if I've kept you from missing the beginning of the parade........

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #36 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 09:52 AM

Quote:
You're right. VY sucks. RM is obviously better. What else am I missing? Ah, yes........ Wait till next year. Hold the rope!

My apologies if I've kept you from missing the beginning of the parade........
Thanks for the quote Bryce!
post #37 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 09:55 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Thanks for the quote Bryce!

Obsession noted.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #38 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 10:12 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

post #39 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder99TA
OU just took the Big 12 crown in women's b-ball yesterday.
OU is better in wrestling! Oh, wait a minute. TU doesn't have wrestling. Never mind.
post #40 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 01:28 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUFan22
OU is better in wrestling! Oh, wait a minute. TU doesn't have wrestling. Never mind.

Why is Land Thief so obsessed with Tulsa U?
I just don't get it.......

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #41 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Why is Land Thief so obsessed with Tulsa U?
I just don't get it.......
I knew it would get the Horn fans riled. Just having a little fun. No harm intended. I actually moved to Texas a couple years ago, and actually like it here. My best friends down here are UT fans. It's funny you mention Tulsa, because I moved to Texas from a town 20 miles from there. I'm really not a bad OU, if you look at it from the UT standpoint.

To change the subject, I do have two Mustangs. Does that make it any better?
post #42 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Recovering Lush

Oh you poor, poor, soul. My ex-fiancee is from that state, and during a visit, we played pin the tack on the map to find a road trip destination......ended up in Tulsa. Horrid place. Lots of wheat fields, nothingness, then an asslaod of trees, and inside the trees.......a ghetto. It was wierd, to say the least.

The McDonald's over the highway was cool, but other than that......not a city I'd go back to. Okla cities are hard enuff for me to justify visiting with the 3.2 beer and everythign else it entails......when you throw a ghetto in the mix as well....bah!

I do make 2-3 visits a year to the Murrah building, and have even been known, if drinking in Denton, to make drunken dashes to Taco Mayo in Ardmore, if we can find a driver.......it's a lil on the country side, but hey...they helped elect W, so I ain't that mad at em.......

The Texas OU rivalry is based on respect, ultimately.

It's a fairly even series, so the back and forth thing makes it easier to have that respect. Rivalries where one team just kicks the piss out of the other team 80%+ of the time lose their luster.
Quote:
I knew it would get the Horn fans riled. Just having a little fun. No harm intended. I actually moved to Texas a couple years ago, and actually like it here. My best friends down here are UT fans. It's funny you mention Tulsa, because I moved to Texas from a town 20 miles from there. I'm really not a bad OU, if you look at it from the UT standpoint.

To change the subject, I do have two Mustangs. Does that make it any better?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #43 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Oh you poor, poor, soul. My ex-fiancee is from that state, and during a visit, we played pin the tack on the map to find a road trip destination......ended up in Tulsa. Horrid place. Lots of wheat fields, nothingness, then an asslaod of trees, and inside the trees.......a ghetto. It was wierd, to say the least.

The McDonald's over the highway was cool, but other than that......not a city I'd go back to. Okla cities are hard enuff for me to justify visiting with the 3.2 beer and everythign else it entails......when you throw a ghetto in the mix as well....bah!

I do make 2-3 visits a year to the Murrah building, and have even been known, if drinking in Denton, to make drunked dashes to Taco Mayo in Ardmore, if we can find a driver.......
Come on. Tulsa is a beautiful city. Oklahoma is a nice place to live, just as I have found some parts of Texas to be. If we get past the rivalry stuff, it is a good place to be. I don't miss the winters though.
post #44 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 01:55 PM
Raiden Wins

Test grader was probably from OU or A&M.
post #45 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

per espn he plans to take it for a 3rd time...

But why tho? He's a lock at top 3..the test isnt going to really drop off what he does on the field..

Quote:
post #46 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 01:59 PM

Quote:

I do make 2-3 visits a year to the Murrah building, and have even been known, if drinking in Denton, to make drunken dashes to Taco Mayo in Ardmore, if we can find a driver.......it's a lil on the country side, but hey...they helped elect W, so I ain't that mad at em.......

The Texas OU rivalry is based on respect, ultimately.

It's a fairly even series, so the back and forth thing makes it easier to have that respect. Rivalries where one team just kicks the piss out of the other team 80%+ of the time lose their luster.
Yeah, I agree with the rivgalry stuff. The OU-OSU rivalry is way lopsided. I think it is in the 82-18 range or something. I actually graduated from OSU, but I only pull for them when they aren't playing OU, or TU. Heck, sometimes I root for Texas if it help OU out. As a matter of fact, you should have seen me jumping up and down when VY made the runs at the end of each Rose Bowl game. I said to myself, "I just rooted for the Longhorns. I never thought that would happen".
post #47 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 02:04 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Come on. Tulsa is a beautiful city. Oklahoma is a nice place to live, just as I have found some parts of Texas to be. If we get past the rivalry stuff, it is a good place to be. I don't miss the winters though.

Oh, hell no....Tulsa is far and away the worst city in that state. And this is coming from someone who once partied in "Pink, Oklahoma." I've been to more cities in that state than most Okie residents, and Tulsa is.......well, blah. Oh, the post you replied to was edited as you were replying.

Now as far as nice Okla cities....I'd say Chickasa is up there...that area by the Ouichita Mountains is nice, Midwest City is cool, Edmonton, and Durant....Norman, if you can get past those damn Sooner fans, isn't so bad......

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #48 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 02:07 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Yeah, I agree with the rivgalry stuff. The OU-OSU rivalry is way lopsided. I think it is in the 82-18 range or something. I actually graduated from OSU, but I only pull for them when they aren't playing OU, or TU. Heck, sometimes I root for Texas if it help OU out. As a matter of fact, you should have seen me jumping up and down when VY made the runs at the end of each Rose Bowl game. I said to myself, "I just rooted for the Longhorns. I never thought that would happen".

My pecking order of rooting goes Texas, the Big 12 South, the Big 12 North, and then other Texas teams. And nowadays, you have to root for the "big" teams in your conference for BCS implications. MAkes Texas fans become big Sooner, Tech, and Nebraska fans during the course of a year.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #49 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 02:13 PM

I have never been to Chickasha. My wife was born in Ardmore. I lived in Oklahoma 37 years and I think Tulsa is the nicest big city I have seen. OKC is decent, but I never really liked it. Tulsa has rolling hills, its green, and well, I am just partial to it. Actually I grew up in Claremore, OK.
I have been to quite a few big cities. Of course Tulsa isn't big compared to Dallas or Houston. I now live in Lumberton, TX and it is a nice little town.
post #50 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 02:19 PM
Recovering Lush

Maybe we caught the bad part of it both times we were there, but it was like that scene in "Vacation" where the "urban youth" jack Chevy Chase's tires, rims, et al, while he's trying to get directions? (Can I get directions to...."F yo mamma...")

And I damn sure didn't care for all the friggin toll booths.........I had to write checks for a few of the booths!

Quote:
I have never been to Chickasha. My wife was born in Ardmore. I lived in Oklahoma 37 years and I think Tulsa is the nicest big city I have seen. OKC is decent, but I never really liked it. Tulsa has rolling hills, its green, and well, I am just partial to it. Actually I grew up in Claremore, OK.
I have been to quite a few big cities. Of course Tulsa isn't big compared to Dallas or Houston. I now live in Lumberton, TX and it is a nice little town.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement