LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
gear jammer

Well Ricky Williams has done it again

Fucker will never learn.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2336760

Updated: Feb. 19, 2006, 11:21 PM ET
Report: Williams tests positive for fourth timeESPN.com news services

Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams has violated the NFL's substance abuse policy for a fourth time and is facing a one-year suspension for the positive drug test, Denver television station KDVR reported on Sunday.

Ricky Williams
Running Back
Miami Dolphins

2005 SEASON STATISTICS
Rush Yds TD Rec Yds TD
168 743 6 17 93 0

The Miami Herald, citing two sources of its own, confirmed the station's report that Williams had failed the test, but neither media outlet would say which substance Williams used.

An NFL spokesman told ESPN that the NFL had no comment on the report.

Williams has tested positive for marijuana three times and served a four-game suspension when he returned to the NFL last season following a one-year retirement.

Dolphins coach Nick Saban told ESPN he was not aware that Williams had tested positive and he was not allowed to comment, citing the confidential nature of the league's substance-abuse policy.

Dolphins spokesman Harvey Greene declined to comment when reached by the Herald on Sunday night.

"Because of the confidential nature of the league's substance abuse policy, we can't comment on any aspect of that program," Greene told the newspaper.

Williams was also fined the equivalent of four weeks' salary after his second and third violations of the NFL policy, in December 2003 and the 2004 offseason.

Williams abruptly retired from the NFL in July 2004 and the Dolphins fell apart, losing their first six games and finishing 4-12 -- their worst season since the 1960s.

At the time of his return, Williams was ordered to pay the Dolphins $8.6 million for breaching his contract, although there has been no financial resolution between him and the team. He was scheduled to be paid the league minimum of $540,000 last season, but was docked four games' pay due to his league-mandated suspension and was fined another four games in pay, reducing his take to $285,882.

Williams' base salaries for the two coming seasons are $545,000 and $670,000, the minimum for a player (he entered the league in 1999) of his NFL tenure.

Motivated partly by the need for a paycheck, he accepted Saban's offer to return for the 2005 season. When he reported at the start of training camp, Williams publicly apologized for the impact caused by his retirement and teammates unanimously embraced his return.

The Dolphins finished the 2005 season 9-7, winning their last six games. Williams gained 743 yards and scored six touchdowns.

Williams won the Heisman Trophy, the Maxwell Award, the Walter Camp Award and the Doak Walker Award following his senior season at Texas, in 1998. The New Orleans Saints traded away all their picks in the 1999 NFL draft in order to get him.

In six seasons with New Orleans and Miami, Williams has 7,097 yards on 1,757 carries -- four yards per carry -- and 47 rushing touchdowns. His best season was in 2002 with Miami, when he gained 1,853 yards in 383 carries and ran for 16 TDs

Live..ride..dream

1998 Suzuki TL1000
1983 HD FXSB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 12:58 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

ESPN has talked to his mother. She said he is in India at the moment and that it may be a legal suppliment from his Yoga classes. Also, with him being in India it could be he missed a required test which counts as a failed test. Still, he needs to get this issue straightened out and quickly.
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 02:08 AM
190hp4banger

Damnit, Ricky . Please get your shit straight and just concentrate on running the ball.

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 06:39 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Suppliement for his YOGA??? ROFLMAO.

ahhhh t-sips. I wished failure on him since draft day and boy was I right. (Of course I've also wished failure on Lebron James and Kobe Bryant, but they're doing pretty good I guess).

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 06:54 AM
Recovering Lush

When's the parade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
Suppliement for his YOGA??? ROFLMAO.

ahhhh t-sips. I wished failure on him since draft day and boy was I right. (Of course I've also wished failure on Lebron James and Kobe Bryant, but they're doing pretty good I guess).

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 07:06 AM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
I wished failure on him since draft day and boy was I right.
Kind of sad and pathetic, don't ya think?
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 07:25 AM
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
Kind of sad and pathetic, don't ya think?

I think it is! Thats part of the brainwash they get down in College Station.

Its sad that he wont get his act straight. He COULD be so much more but I dont think he really wants too.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 07:32 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Nah, I actually wished failure on THEM because of the hype the media put up when they went pro. You know, RW was going to be the next Emmit Smith or Sweetness before he ever stepped foot on a pro football field. Or Lebron and Kobe were supposed to be the next Michael Jordon before they ever stepped foot on a NBA court. I don't know if I'm really wishing in their failure or just the Media's stupidity.

And in RW's case because of his social anxiety disorder, the media's hype pretty much is to blame for his meltdowns.

So, you can guess who's next on my list.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 07:35 AM
Lifer

If my future was as bleak as A&M's, Id reach out and slap anyone within reach, too.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 07:44 AM
American Idol

Poor Ricky.

"I don't have a problem with anger, I have a problem with idiots!"
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 08:12 AM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

worthless ass "stupid motherfucker"...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 08:14 AM
Lifer

what is suprising is people who didnt see this coming
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 08:20 AM

i dont agree but the dumbmother fucker has bad anxiety and he says its the only thing that makes him feel better. fuck it if he was to the point of quitting so he could at least feel better, let him.
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 08:24 AM
American Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX
I think it is! Thats part of the brainwash they get down in College Station.

Its sad that he wont get his act straight. He COULD be so much more but I dont think he really wants too.
Well, at least you have to have a brain to be brainwashed. I guess Ricky went brain dead while he was down in Austin. Surely the ut faithful will not sweep him under the rug and try to forget about him. He was a helluva player when his head was on straight.

post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 08:26 AM
American Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack
i dont agree but the dumbmother fucker has bad anxiety and he says its the only thing that makes him feel better. fuck it if he was to the point of quitting so he could at least feel better, let him.
Smoke a shitload of dope and piss millions away. He's a grade A dumbass!

Last edited by Moose Jr; 02-20-2006 at 08:32 AM.
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 09:55 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Maston is just pissed because RW broke the NCAA record for career rushing yards against them. He then proceeded to break it off in them the rest of the game.

Last edited by SVTVenom; 02-20-2006 at 11:07 AM.
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Jr
Smoke a shitload of dope and piss millions away. He's a grade A dumbass!
obviously it makes him feel better to smoke than have a fat bank account. who cares. just another .... nevermind
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 11:03 AM
American Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Maston is just pissed because RW broke the NCAA record for career rushing yards against them on their "sacred" Kyle Field. He then proceeded to break it off in them the rest of the game.
Idiot. It was in Austin. He had like 260 yds.

post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 11:07 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Idiot. It was in Austin. He had like 260 yds.
Could have sworn it was @ CS, but it wasn't. You are right.
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 01:32 PM
MFFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack
obviously it makes him feel better to smoke than have a fat bank account. who cares. just another .... nevermind
Sh*t, he could have the best of both worlds. He should've played out his contract and then he'd have had enough $$ to be high for the rest of his life.
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 01:35 PM
Raiden Wins

Is he gonna change his name to reflect his spiritual values? That would be neat. I just wish he'd fucking shave.
post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 06:48 PM
Fear the Stashe

nope..i heard he was going to Houston so he can have a Backfield Collabo with Vince Young.... Jp(just laughin at that rumor that someone made up on a slow week)

But yeah...Ricky Williams is an idiot....
But he has a cool first name..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 10:22 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

John Clayton of ESPN reported that the test did not show positive for weed, but another substance that falls under the "banned" catagory. So much for all you folks who judge before all the facts are presented/available.

He is currently appealing the ruling which will take 1-3 months to reach a decision.
post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 08:32 AM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
John Clayton of ESPN reported that the test did not show positive for weed, but another substance that falls under the "banned" catagory. So much for all you folks who judge before all the facts are presented/available.

He is currently appealing the ruling which will take 1-3 months to reach a decision.
Does it matter what banned substance he used? I mean come on, Ricky is a class B player at best right now and not because of lack of talent but because he lacks self-discipline which makes him unreliable at best. He has the talent to be the best but has decided to essentially piss it all away, no pun intended. Also who wouldn't appeal a possible one year suspension, drug addicts and criminals only appeal when they are truly innocent right?

Quote:
Also, with him being in India it could be he missed a required test which counts as a failed test.
Meanwhile, sources told ESPN's Hank Goldberg that Williams' violation of the league's substance-abuse policy is not a matter of a missed test. Williams has failed a drug test, the sources said.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2337598
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 08:36 AM
American Idol

Bottom line, that guy is just plain weird. I'm sure he's got a little sugar in his tank as well, remember when he posed in a wedding dress with Mike Ditka. I think it was on the cover of SI.

post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Bottom line, that guy is just plain weird. I'm sure he's got a little sugar in his tank as well, remember when he posed in a wedding dress with Mike Ditka. I think it was on the cover of SI.
Here ya go, LOL.
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 08:59 AM
American Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Here ya go, LOL.
Oh boy.

post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 09:13 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Here ya go, LOL.

Why would a hetero male be able to access that with such lightning speed?

"Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........"

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Why would a hetero male be able to access that with such lightning speed?

"Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........"
It was easy I simply went to google and typed in "Hookem Horns Fag in a Dress" and bam there it was!
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 09:20 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
It was easy I simply went to google and typed in "Hookem Horns Fag in a Dress" and bam there it was!

There's about as much of a chance of me typing that into google, as there is of the Ags winning the stupid ass Lone Star Showdown.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #31 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 09:32 AM

Quote:
There's about as much of a chance of me typing that into google, as there is of the Ags winning the stupid ass Lone Star Showdown.
OK OK , you could just type Ricky Williams and Wedding Dress Cover at google but I liked that other one. You have to admit the orange highlighting of your screenname mixed in with the search statement was funny Bryce come on you laughed, I know it.
post #32 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 09:48 AM

post #33 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 10:23 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
OK OK , you could just type Ricky Williams and Wedding Dress Cover at google but I liked that other one. You have to admit the orange highlighting of your screenname mixed in with the search statement was funny Bryce come on you laughed, I know it.

Actually, I did. I've tested about 10-15 auction management software packages over the last 12 hours, and my eyes are ready to explode.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #34 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 11:17 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Does it matter what banned substance he used? I mean come on, Ricky is a class B player at best right now and not because of lack of talent but because he lacks self-discipline which makes him unreliable at best. He has the talent to be the best but has decided to essentially piss it all away, no pun intended. Also who wouldn't appeal a possible one year suspension, drug addicts and criminals only appeal when they are truly innocent right?

Meanwhile, sources told ESPN's Hank Goldberg that Williams' violation of the league's substance-abuse policy is not a matter of a missed test. Williams has failed a drug test, the sources said.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2337598
Yeah, we now know he failed a test and it wasn't a missed one.

I guess all everyone except you is guilty until proven innocent now? Everyone deserves at least one appeal because people do make mistakes. I'm sure if you felt you got railroaded on something you would want the chance for an appeal.

I'll be the first to say that Ricky has put himself in this position and he knew better than to do what he's done.

One caveat to this is, some of the banned substances in the NFL aren't even illegal substances in the U.S. i.e. Ephedrine which is found in cold OTC medicene
post #35 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Yeah, we now know he failed a test and it wasn't a missed one.

I guess all everyone except you is guilty until proven innocent now? Everyone deserves at least one appeal because people do make mistakes. I'm sure if you felt you got railroaded on something you would want the chance for an appeal.

I'll be the first to say that Ricky has put himself in this position and he knew better than to do what he's done.

One caveat to this is, some of the banned substances in the NFL aren't even illegal substances in the U.S. i.e. Ephedrine which is found in cold OTC medicene
Let's be realistic though, Ricky walked away before and for what, for the weed of course. I am not saying he is guilty or not guilty but even you realize he has set a precedence with his past behavior.
post #36 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 11:27 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Let's be realistic though, Ricky walked away before and for what, for the weed of course. I am not saying he is guilty or not guilty but even you realize he has set a precedence with his past behavior.
And people aren't allowed to change now? The guy could have caught a cold and taken some OTC meds. Its happened before.
post #37 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 06:44 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

List of banned substances for anyone who is curious:

http://www.nflpa.org/shared/includep...Substances.asp
post #38 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 08:57 PM
American Idol

Quote:
And people aren't allowed to change now? The guy could have caught a cold and taken some OTC meds. Its happened before.
I guess he should have just poured some tussin' on it.

post #39 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 06:34 AM
Out

LOL... don't you guys see what he's doing? If he never came back to the NFL, he'd have to pay back a lot of money as opposed to coming back and failing tests. Pure genius!
post #40 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 07:32 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
LOL... don't you guys see what he's doing? If he never came back to the NFL, he'd have to pay back a lot of money as opposed to coming back and failing tests. Pure genius!

Interesting.......oh, and I see you're one post away from 20K...congrats

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 08:29 AM
Out

Quote:
Interesting.......oh, and I see you're one post away from 20K...congrats
19,200... but thanks anyway
post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 09:37 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
19,200... but thanks anyway

well, same difference....

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 09:44 AM
Out

Quote:
well, same difference....
Fuzzy math!!!
post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 09:52 AM
Time Served

hes a fuggin putz

post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 10:49 AM
Lifer

ricky has a severe case of what i call " chronic fuckup syndrome." ppl like him deserve to be homeless.
post #46 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeitstaylor
ricky has a severe case of what i call " chronic fuckup syndrome." ppl like him deserve to be homeless.
LMAO at this post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement