Was it just me? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Was it just me?

Or did Vince Young, in the "farthest throw" competiton at the combine miss his first two throws today?

Brody Coyle moved up a notch, Vince Young down a couple notches in my book.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 10:21 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Throwing the ball "far" doesn't mean jack shit. Brodie Croyle will be a backup QB and nothing else.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 11:44 PM
Recovering Lush

Kevin "From Heaven" Sweeney could throw the ball a mile, but never did shit as a Cowboy QB.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 11:52 PM
Raiden Wins

Wasn't this really old? Didn't it already happen?
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 06:42 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Yeah, and John Elway once threw a ball with fins on the end 100 yards . . .

So what's the point?

Actually, what's the point of the Combine anyway? Does anything they do or don't do in the Combine really mean they're going to be good or bad in a game/career? No.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 06:44 AM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
Actually, what's the point of the Combine anyway? Does anything they do or don't do in the Combine really mean they're going to be good or bad in a game/career? No.
On this rare occasion, we agree on something.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 10:26 AM
CEO of......

i didn't think the combine started until the 22nd. that was something that happened earlier this month that they replayed. vince threw further, just not in bounds
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
i didn't think the combine started until the 22nd. that was something that happened earlier this month that they replayed. vince threw further, just not in bounds
That was it - sorry, I was inebriated.

I don't give a fuck if a QB can throw farther, I want one who's halfway accurate, and if he can't throw a ball long and be accurate enough to get it inside a 10 yard zone, he shouldn't be a quarterback.

He's pretty fast, but I don't know if he's fast enough to be a WR either.

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 11:01 AM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof

I don't give a fuck if a QB can throw farther, I want one who's halfway accurate, and if he can't throw a ball long and be accurate enough to get it inside a 10 yard zone, he shouldn't be a quarterback.

huh? he runs like around a 4.4 40. what are you talking about? are you also saying he's not accurate?
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 11:09 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:

Apparently you didn't see this:

Vince Young All-Star Challenge Video

Also, see 2005-2006 Texas Longhorns regular season as well as 2005-2006 Rose Bowl.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Never settle always excel

I don't care if these guys can throw the ball to the moon. What will determine who is who is when they get into the 4th quarter of a game late in the season like early December and they are adjusting to a longer schedule, more intense defenses and harder hitting defensive backs. It is hard to say what each player will do once in the NFL, it goes both ways. I have seen great college players stall in the NFL and I have seen great college players become stars in the NFL. Examples being Ryan Leaf became a dud and Michael Vick a stud. So I see VY doing very well in the NFL he reminds me a lot of Vick and spent two more years than Vick in college developing his skills. I think Brodie Croyle will be good in the NFL also he reminds me of Terry Bradshaw so I feel his leadership will make up for his athletic short falls.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
huh? he runs like around a 4.4 40. what are you talking about? are you also saying he's not accurate?
I didn't know his exact speed, therefore I couldn't say if he could be a WR. With a 4.4 though, he would have no problem.

And yeah... I said he wasn't accurate and he wasn't accurate from what little I saw of him yesterday.

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 11:44 AM

Quote:
I didn't know his exact speed, therefore I couldn't say if he could be a WR. With a 4.4 though, he would have no problem.

And yeah... I said he wasn't accurate and he wasn't accurate from what little I saw of him yesterday.
That competition is the dumbest thing ever. It's not really that easy being accurate when you are just trying to air it out 70 yards.

Did you miss that the other QB's all had throws that were landing just outside the zone just to the right?? There was a decent wind and every QB had a ball outside the zone.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 12:21 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
I don't care if these guys can throw the ball to the moon. What will determine who is who is when they get into the 4th quarter of a game late in the season like early December and they are adjusting to a longer schedule, more intense defenses and harder hitting defensive backs. It is hard to say what each player will do once in the NFL, it goes both ways. I have seen great college players stall in the NFL and I have seen great college players become stars in the NFL. Examples being Ryan Leaf became a dud and Michael Vick a stud. So I see VY doing very well in the NFL he reminds me a lot of Vick and spent two more years than Vick in college developing his skills. I think Brodie Croyle will be good in the NFL also he reminds me of Terry Bradshaw so I feel his leadership will make up for his athletic short falls.
Vick is far from being a stud. Have you seen his numbers?
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 12:30 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood

x2
Vick is an overrated hype job.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 01:09 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
couldnt have said it better, the thing VY had at the college level is a will to win, and put everyone on his shoulders and do whatever it took to get the job done, that alone will set him apart from Vick.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 03:14 PM
gear jammer

You roll the dice with college QB's. Really, did anyone predict Roethlisberger and Brees would have the success they've had when they were coming through the draft?

Live..ride..dream

1998 Suzuki TL1000
1983 HD FXSB
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 03:32 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky
You roll the dice with college QB's. Really, did anyone predict Roethlisberger and Brees would have the success they've had when they were coming through the draft?
They were both pretty good in college. Brees played at Purdue and Roethlisberger at Miami (OH). Neither of those schools are known to be powerhouses in football. However, they were good enough they could have played at major football schools.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 04:04 PM
Raiden Wins

Yeah I thought that was old shit because I had already seen it and they were predicting who would win the Super Shitbowl.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Or did Vince Young, in the "farthest throw" competiton at the combine miss his first two throws today?

Brody Coyle moved up a notch, Vince Young down a couple notches in my book.
Brody Coyle is an overrated piece of Garbage..
Cutler is going to be the best non hyped QB going into the draft..even tho he is now flying up the boards..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
and Michael Vick a stud.

LMGDAO!!!!!! You do know what football is, yes?

Michael Vick is not the worst qb ever, but he damn sure isn't a stud. He's HORRIBLE.
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 08:38 PM
Fear the Stashe

vick = overrated..

Quote:
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 09:50 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
LMGDAO!!!!!! You do know what football is, yes?

Michael Vick is not the worst qb ever, but he damn sure isn't a stud. He's HORRIBLE.
Forgive him. He posted this gem last year, and it's gone downhill since:

"3/4 Tie = A&M or Tech- A&M is looking good this year across the board and was only 13 down at the end of the UT game last season. Tech has a great QB in BJ Symons and Coach Leach seems to get the job done every year. "

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org

Last edited by HookEm; 02-21-2006 at 12:48 AM.
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 11:29 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
Cutler is going to be the best non hyped QB going into the draft..even tho he is now flying up the boards..
Doesn't look like Cedric Griffin is too impressed:

Cutler Picked Off

post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Doesn't look like Cedric Griffin is too impressed:

Cutler Picked Off

of course..i didnt see this coming

Quote:
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 12:53 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
of course..i didnt see this coming
LMAO!
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 01:06 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
LMAO!
yes..i am "laughin my ass off" too....

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement