Latvia vs USA - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
Latvia vs USA

Its on USA live right now!!!
SlowLX is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
2-1 Irbe is playing pretty well considering his defense is pretty outmatched.
SlowLX is offline  
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 01:52 PM
Raiden Wins
 
def1eppard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Earthrealm
Posts: 4,045
It's kinda scary to think John Grahame is our goaltender, but he's doing pretty good so far.
def1eppard is offline  
 
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
Yeah we are fucked on goalie, however they're knocking the shit out of the latvians. I just want to see how we do vs a real team like Russia. I'll be happy if US manages top 6
SlowLX is offline  
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
On a sidenote Hasek injured his groin in the game vs Germany. That sucks, group A is actaully tough compared to our retard group B
SlowLX is offline  
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
2-2 US is starting to tire
SlowLX is offline  
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
3-2 Latvia on top This is fucking embarresing. This better not turn out like BBall in the 04 olympics.
SlowLX is offline  
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 02:19 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
I'd have to say that Mike Richter was the best USA goalie. Too bad he retired and we have scrubs now.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
so close ot getting the tie
SlowLX is offline  
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
3-3 US is finally playing with a little heart.
SlowLX is offline  
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
Latvian pp
SlowLX is offline  
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
US is playing like shit! I think they owuld have fared better if they just used all teh US players off one team. At least they'd have better chemistry.
SlowLX is offline  
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 03:00 PM
Raiden Wins
 
def1eppard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Earthrealm
Posts: 4,045
Yeah and who does Canada have? Brodeur and Turco? Is Forsberg playing for Sweden?
def1eppard is offline  
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
Wide SOB
SlowLX is offline  
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
SlowLX is offline  
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
US played like women, Latvia played with heart congrats on the tie to the Latvians.
SlowLX is offline  
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 03:24 PM
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX
On a sidenote Hasek injured his groin in the game vs Germany. That sucks, group A is actaully tough compared to our retard group B

Slovakia, Russia and Sweden are hardly "weak." Italy and Germany are not good teams, so i'm guessing you are looking at the teams from a "Soccer" perspective. Not to say thats not a tough bracket with the Czech's and Fin's but our bracket is hardly weak.
Hollywood is offline  
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Slovakia, Russia and Sweden are hardly "weak." Italy and Germany are not good teams, so i'm guessing you are looking at the teams from a "Soccer" perspective. Not to say thats not a tough bracket with the Czech's and Fin's but our bracket is hardly weak.
Im sorry its the weaker of the brackets, I was looking at it from the aspect of how many teams are real competitors for the medals. Coming into it Slovakia and Russia were the only 2 teams from B I thought had a decent chance at Competeing with teh Czech's, Fin's , and canucks.

Last edited by SlowLX; 02-15-2006 at 03:37 PM. Reason: gramatical bs
SlowLX is offline  
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 05:24 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,245
Russia, Russia 1A(Slovaks) and Sweden are all tough, who the fuck plays for Latvia??? I know it is only the 1st game and I did not see it but this does not sound great tying them.

and Mike Richter was definitely a great USA goaltender
MidnightRunner is offline  
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 05:30 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightRunner
Russia, Russia 1A(Slovaks) and Sweden are all tough, who the fuck plays for Latvia??? I know it is only the 1st game and I did not see it but this does not sound great tying them.

and Mike Richter was definitely a great USA goaltender
Arturs Irbe and Sandis Ozolinsh are the only 2 NHL players on the Latvian team.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
Irbe is a good goalie and had an excellent game, besides that after the 1st period the US lost of alot of the intensity in their game until the end of the 3rd.
SlowLX is offline  
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 09:12 PM
Lifer
 
LannyN9NE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Valley Ranch
Posts: 3,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Arturs Irbe and Sandis Ozolinsh are the only 2 NHL players on the Latvian team.
But many of the players play in the Russian Elite league ect. Unlike other sports the pro hockey across seas is filled with players that could be in the NHL, so just because they arent playing in the show doesnt mean they dont have the skill, some might not adapt to smaller rinks, life in N. America, the list goes on.
LannyN9NE is offline  
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 02:01 AM
I'm going Commando
 
RyanB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 469-323-7873
Posts: 7,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
But many of the players play in the Russian Elite league ect. Unlike other sports the pro hockey across seas is filled with players that could be in the NHL, so just because they arent playing in the show doesnt mean they dont have the skill, some might not adapt to smaller rinks, life in N. America, the list goes on.
Yeah there are plenty of bad asses making more money playing in the Russian Elite league than they would in the NHL. Lanny, btw Skrastins o D-man for Latvia also plays in the NHL. I thought there was another couple, but didn't see them on the roster?? Anyway...USA isn't too great, but they'll get better.
RyanB is offline  
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 04:29 AM
Lifer
 
LannyN9NE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Valley Ranch
Posts: 3,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanB
Yeah there are plenty of bad asses making more money playing in the Russian Elite league than they would in the NHL. Lanny, btw Skrastins o D-man for Latvia also plays in the NHL. I thought there was another couple, but didn't see them on the roster?? Anyway...USA isn't too great, but they'll get better.
Actually in some cases players are making as much due to tax set ups and shit like that. Lets see Datsyuk was damn close to leaving for Russia, Kovalchuk almost did. Some players would rather play overseas due to culture they were raised in,sometimes the NHL team that owns the rights to the player doesn't want to play the transfer fees associated with moving from league to league, the list goes on. And yes I know Skrastins plays for Colorado, Ozolinish for Anaheim and for kicks you could throw in Irbe too.

Last edited by LannyN9NE; 02-16-2006 at 04:58 AM.
LannyN9NE is offline  
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
Actually in some cases players are making as much due to tax set ups and shit like that. Lets see Datsyuk was damn close to leaving for Russia, Kovalchuk almost did. Some players would rather play overseas due to culture they were raised in,sometimes the NHL team that owns the rights to the player doesn't want to play the transfer fees associated with moving from league to league, the list goes on. And yes I know Skrastins plays for Colorado, Ozolinish for Anaheim and for kicks you could throw in Irbe too.
Irbe's techinically not in the NHL anymore
SlowLX is offline  
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 10:34 AM
Lifer
 
LannyN9NE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Valley Ranch
Posts: 3,205
i know i know thats why I said for kicks, on a side note if anyone is interested in a signed game used stick by Irbe let me know
LannyN9NE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome