Vince Say Hello To The Titans - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
What Can Brown Do For You

Vince Say Hello To The Titans

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2325442

And Matt Leinart say hello to New Orleans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 09:55 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Well, he'll play for a houston franchise . . . former atleast.

"Gegree"

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 10:32 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

All I have to say is, the 2 teams ahead of the Bulls who didn't pick Michael Jordan are still kicking themselves to this day.

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
All I have to say is, the 2 teams ahead of the Bulls who didn't pick Michael Jordan are still kicking themselves to this day.
So Vince is MJ now?
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 11:47 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
So Vince is MJ now?
Of college football? Yes.
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 11:49 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Ill give you that but to say he can completely change a franchise is a bit much at this point, kind of like the hype Vick got coming out. Yes he is good and exciting but what has he won?
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 11:52 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
Ill give you that but to say he can completely change a franchise is a bit much at this point, kind of like the hype Vick got coming out. Yes he is good and exciting but what has he won?
Didn't Vick get Atlanta to the NFC Championship game 2 years ago? When was the last time they were there or even sniffing anything near a championship?

Personally, I'm not a big Vick fan but I can't deny what he has done with that franchise since he's been there. If he actually had some WR to throw to then they would be the team to beat in the NFC. Roddy White is too inexperienced, but he will blossom here in the next 1-2 years.
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 12:17 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Nolan Ryan was drafted in the 12th round. You never know

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 03:19 PM
Time Served

Tom Brady in the 6th round
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
Nolan Ryan was drafted in the 12th round. You never know
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 04:23 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Didn't Vick get Atlanta to the NFC Championship game 2 years ago? When was the last time they were there or even sniffing anything near a championship?

Personally, I'm not a big Vick fan but I can't deny what he has done with that franchise since he's been there. If he actually had some WR to throw to then they would be the team to beat in the NFC. Roddy White is too inexperienced, but he will blossom here in the next 1-2 years.

they were in the super bowl not too long ago. was is late 90's or early 00's? can't remember who they played but that was when the "dirty bird" got started though
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 04:28 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
they were in the super bowl not too long ago. was is late 90's or early 00's? can't remember who they played but that was when the "dirty bird" got started though
Found it. 7 years ago. 1999 Super Bowl XXXIII. They lost to the Broncos 34-19. Chris Chandler was their QB.
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Found it. 7 years ago. 1999 Super Bowl XXXIII. They lost to the Broncos 34-19. Chris Chandler was their QB.
Yep, watched that game, it was 98 though. Broncos went 97 and 98, played Green Bay, then Atlanta with Jamal Anderson. I remember routing for the Flacons to beat the Vikings in the NFC Championship game, just so the Broncos would have a better chance winning the SB!
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 01:42 AM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:

really I have never once heard anybody from the rockets say they wish they had mj over "the Dream"
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 02:38 AM
Raiden Wins

My poop was drafted 1st pick overall in the Shitty shit draft.
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 11:57 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
really I have never once heard anybody from the rockets say they wish they had mj over "the Dream"
Who has more rings?

[Dave Chappelle]Kiss tha rings bitch![/Dave Chappelle]
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 12:37 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Who has more rings?

[Dave Chappelle]Kiss tha rings bitch![/Dave Chappelle]
he didn't get them till he got some great supporting cast around him. so he didn't win them on his own. if that was the case he would have won something like 13 or 14 however long he played. and that still doesn't prove your point that houston was kicking themselves for not drafting jordan.
post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 12:52 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
he didn't get them till he got some great supporting cast around him. so he didn't win them on his own. if that was the case he would have won something like 13 or 14 however long he played. and that still doesn't prove your point that houston was kicking themselves for not drafting jordan.
Simple, Jordan has 6 rings and Hakeem has 2 rings.

6 > 2

Yes, Jordan had the supporting cast but that in no way diminishes what he did. He is the GOAT. When you pass up on that you kick yourself.

The Cowboys are still kicking themselves for not picking Randy Moss. He proves the Cowboys wrong just about every time he plays against them.

Last edited by SVTVenom; 02-11-2006 at 01:00 PM.
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 01:40 PM
Recovering Lush

This is some kind of Arkie schtick, right?
You're not seriously trying to argue that Houston wouldnt have rather had Jordan, the greatest player, or at worst the 2nd greatest player, to ever play the game?

"The Dream" might not even crack the top 20.

If you're following up your "Texas wins in spite of VY" with "'The Dream' is a better player than MJ," you need to be banned from ever talking about sports or anything related to them, no matter how remotely.

Quote:

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:

The Cowboys are still kicking themselves for not picking Randy Moss. He proves the Cowboys wrong just about every time he plays against them.
Are they? Seems the Vikes are kicking themselves for drafting him, and the Raiders are kicking themselves for picking him up. He's a cancer.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 05:09 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Are they? Seems the Vikes are kicking themselves for drafting him, and the Raiders are kicking themselves for picking him up. He's a cancer.
Not anywhere as much as T.O. is and here are Moss' stats against the Cowboys:

24 receptions for 548 yards
109.6 yards per game
22.8 yards per reception
Long of 78 yards
5.8 Yards After Catch
20 first downs
9 Touchdowns

I'd give up Keyshawn for Moss any day.
post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Lifer

Quote:
funny other than dante i never hear shit about moss, and that was when I lived in Minneapolis. The guy just likes to be left alone and doesnt trust people.
post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 07:04 PM
Lifer

Quote:
how do you figure? Judging by the stats at the time they made the best descision at the time. the # of rings doesnt prove anything other than MJ had better support.
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 07:17 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrp88lx's
how do you figure? Judging by the stats at the time they made the best descision at the time. the # of rings doesnt prove anything other than MJ had better support.
Do you really think that those Bulls teams would have won those championships without MJ? Fuck no.

Back on what this thread is really about, VY is the player that could totally turn the Texans around and they could dangle Carr for some more help. A punt returner/kick returner/WR in Bush isn't going to do anything for them.
post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Do you really think that those Bulls teams would have won those championships without MJ? Fuck no.

Back on what this thread is really about, VY is the player that could totally turn the Texans around and they could dangle Carr for some more help. A punt returner/kick returner/WR in Bush isn't going to do anything for them.
No the Bulls would not have, but AT DRAFT time Jordan wasnt the best player coming out of College, he BECAME the GOAT.

I agree VY will do more for the Texans the RB, but again for him to get them to the top he WILL NEED supporting players just like MJ.
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 07:48 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
No the Bulls would not have, but AT DRAFT time Jordan wasnt the best player coming out of College, he BECAME the GOAT.
I'd say that is opinion when it comes to who was better at draft time. We all know hindsight is 20/20. Hopefully the Texans will come to their senses and dig themselves out of the huge hole they are in right now.
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Lifer

Not really I was there and watching at the time. Houston was applauded for taking Olajuwon. ANYWAY, Im glad VY is going to the Texans , its one more slap in RB's face.
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 08:03 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Not really I was there and watching at the time. Houston was applauded for taking Olajuwon. ANYWAY, Im glad VY is going to the Texans , its one more slap in RB's face.
He's not going to the Texans according to the article. Thats why this thread was started. The Texans were stupid enough to keep David Carr, who hasn't done jack shit to this point in time, and plan on drafting a player they already have 2 deep of.
post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 12:39 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
This is some kind of Arkie schtick, right?
You're not seriously trying to argue that Houston wouldnt have rather had Jordan, the greatest player, or at worst the 2nd greatest player, to ever play the game?

"The Dream" might not even crack the top 20.

If you're following up your "Texas wins in spite of VY" with "'The Dream' is a better player than MJ," you need to be banned from ever talking about sports or anything related to them, no matter how remotely.

did I say he was better? no I stated that houston has never once complained about The Dream. he was the best center to play in the 80's and 90's and he wasn't a bad person either.
post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 12:40 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
He's not going to the Texans according to the article. Thats why this thread was started. The Texans were stupid enough to keep David Carr, who hasn't done jack shit to this point in time, and plan on drafting a player they already have 2 deep of.

let me ask you this? how did you feel about troy, steve young, or jake plummer after their 1st 2 yrs in the league?
post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 01:11 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
let me ask you this? how did you feel about troy, steve young, or jake plummer after their 1st 2 yrs in the league?
Yeah, they stunk it up their first 1-2 years in the league. He's been in the league for 4 full seasons and has been disappointing at best. David Carr isn't going to be as good as those guys, I'm sorry. He played at Fresno St. and until recently, nobody even knew of that college. Houston picked him up because they thought he had potential and it hasn't panned out the way they thought it would. 4 years is plenty enough time to prove something.
post #31 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 02:08 AM
Keep jocking

Jordan owns all!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 10:31 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:

Vick has never been and never will be a permier QB. As for Atlanta's sniff of the superbowl, you should probably look back further than 2002.

1998 - Led by QB Chris Chandler and RB Jamal Anderson, the "Dirty Bird" Falcons have their greatest season to date. On November 8, they won 41-10 over the Patriots at New England, snapping a streak of 22 consecutive losses at cold-weather sites in November and December that had dated back to 1982. The team finishes with a 14-2 regular season record and win the NFC West. On January 18, 1999 the Falcons upset the top-seeded 15-1 Vikings at Minnesota in the NFC Championship Game, 30-27 in overtime. They would lose, 34-19, to the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XXXIII.

They've had what, 2 playoff appearances since? Thanks mostly in part to Jim Mora, not Vick. Their defense has always been top notch, which I find it laughable that people give credit to Vick for what little success that team has had since his arrival. Maybe if he could throw for more than 150 yards a game without all the pick's, they'd do a little better.

And as far as Vy being the Michael Jordan of football, I find that to be the funniest fucking thing i've ever read. I can't wait for the excuses to fly when he doesn't dominate the leauge like you think he will.
post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 12:05 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Vick has never been and never will be a permier QB. As for Atlanta's sniff of the superbowl, you should probably look back further than 2002.

1998 - Led by QB Chris Chandler and RB Jamal Anderson, the "Dirty Bird" Falcons have their greatest season to date. On November 8, they won 41-10 over the Patriots at New England, snapping a streak of 22 consecutive losses at cold-weather sites in November and December that had dated back to 1982. The team finishes with a 14-2 regular season record and win the NFC West. On January 18, 1999 the Falcons upset the top-seeded 15-1 Vikings at Minnesota in the NFC Championship Game, 30-27 in overtime. They would lose, 34-19, to the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XXXIII.

They've had what, 2 playoff appearances since? Thanks mostly in part to Jim Mora, not Vick. Their defense has always been top notch, which I find it laughable that people give credit to Vick for what little success that team has had since his arrival. Maybe if he could throw for more than 150 yards a game without all the pick's, they'd do a little better.

And as far as Vy being the Michael Jordan of football, I find that to be the funniest fucking thing i've ever read. I can't wait for the excuses to fly when he doesn't dominate the leauge like you think he will.
I pointed out what you said first in post #11 of this thread, read.

Its hard to throw for yardage when your top reciever is your TE.

Weren't you one of the nay-sayers about Texas and VY beating USC? How did that end up going for you?
post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
I pointed out what you said first in post #11 of this thread, read.

Its hard to throw for yardage when your top reciever is your TE.

Weren't you one of the nay-sayers about Texas and VY beating USC? How did that end up going for you?
How's life at UT? Oh wait, you went to Harding University, not UT.
post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 12:46 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
LMAO! Nice comeback.

I just think its funny that you, Cartman, and a handful of others continue to hate on VY even after he handled USC and 2 Heisman winners.
post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 10:39 PM
190hp4banger

Quote:
I bet you're good at DODGEball ! Also, they said that VY dominated College FB, not pros. That second part remains to be unseen. I wish he'd stayed another year, especially after you look at the statistics from recent "mobile" quarterbacks. If anyone can overcome that mold, it'll be VY, as he's a freak of a runner.... but it's a very daunting task. Good luck to VY.

As far as MJ, I'da taken him over Hakeem "The Dream" anyday. MJ was better than him, and the Bulls' duo (Jordan and Pippen) was better than the Rockets' duo (Olajuwon and Drexler). That being said, Clyde "The Glide" is still the fuckin' man .
post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 10:55 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

Agreed 210%.
post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 12:55 AM

Quote:
I just think its funny that you, Cartman, and a handful of others continue to hate on VY even after he handled USC and 2 Heisman winners.
How about a team that they were saying most likely all of the starters will be going to the NFL!
post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 05:48 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190hp4banger
As far as MJ, I'da taken him over Hakeem "The Dream" anyday. MJ was better than him, and the Bulls' duo (Jordan and Pippen) was better than the Rockets' duo (Olajuwon and Drexler). That being said, Clyde "The Glide" is still the fuckin' man .
Your only saying that because of what Jordan became AFTER he turned Pro, not what he did before. Thats all Im saying, before the draft he wasnt the best player coming out of college, plain and simple thats why he went 3rd. Im sure if Houston had known what hed become they may have taken him. Clyde was better than pippen anyday of the week, unfortunately for him he went to shitty Portland.
post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 09:08 AM
CEO of......

personally, i hope vy goes anywhere BUT the texans. NOBODY at qb is going to be any good with that team until they get some help. vy going to the titans will be the best thing for him playing behind mcnair for a couple of years.

and no, jordan was not the best player coming out of college, that's why houston didn't take him. now, why didn't he go 2nd? you got me.
post #41 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 09:33 AM
Recovering Lush

VY was the MJ of the NCAA. No one said the NFL.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #42 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 10:46 AM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
He won't be in College next year.
post #43 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 10:55 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
He won't be in College next year.

MAN LANDS ON MOON!
EARTH PROVEN TO BE ROUND!
OILERS LEAVE HOUSTON!

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #44 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 11:12 AM

Quote:
MAN LANDS ON MOON!
EARTH PROVEN TO BE ROUND!
OILERS LEAVE HOUSTON!
Yeah I see that I didn't read all of the posts and missed that one Bryce but your posts are all the same. It's like you saying "hey everyone watch how many different words I can form in a series of different sentences to prove that I would blow Vince or Mack on the 50 yard line at the Super Bowl half time show", LOL.
post #45 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 11:17 AM
Recovering Lush

Well golly gee, thanks for pointing out VY is going Pro. Did you know they've also replaced 8-tracks? And there's a new form of video recording, called VHS....they look much different than the Beta tapes. Oh.....the DOD is also working on this nationwide computer system, based on redundancy that will allow communication in case of a nuclear war. I think it's called ArpaNet. Pretty cool...you should check it out!

Quote:
Yeah I see that I didn't read all of the posts and missed that one Bryce but your posts are all the same. It's like you saying "hey everyone watch how many different words I can form in a series of different sentences to prove that I would blow Vince or Mack on the 50 yard line at the Super Bowl half time show", LOL.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #46 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Well golly gee, thanks for pointing out VY is going Pro. Did you know they've also replaced 8-tracks? And there's a new form of video recording, called VHS....they look much different than the Beta tapes. Oh.....the DOD is also working on this nationwide computer system, based on redundancy that will allow communication in case of a nuclear war. I think it's called ArpaNet. Pretty cool...you should check it out!
I'll check those out as soon as I reboot my 386 with the huge 40 mb hard drive and 6 megs of ram. You should check out Pheonix Online or Regents College Maybe they could help you finally get a degree. Hell Bryce it's only been what 16 years !
post #47 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 11:32 AM
Recovering Lush

Exactly why do I need a degree at this point? If I were to return to the IT field, which is not fucking happening, and try to get into Project Mgmt, maybe.

I work for myself.......it isn't as if HR is gonna turn my app down for a particular job, because I don't meet the job reqs.

I work for myself, and make my own money....while you use taxpayers money to dick around on the internet. Typical socialist welfare baby.

Quote:
I'll check those out as soon as I reboot my 386 with the huge 40 mb hard drive and 6 megs of ram. You should check out Pheonix Online or Regents College Maybe they could help you finally get a degree. Hell Bryce it's only been what 16 years !

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #48 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Exactly why do I need a degree at this point? If I were to return to the IT field, which is not fucking happening, and try to get into Project Mgmt, maybe.

I work for myself.......it isn't as if HR is gonna turn my app down for a particular job, because I don't meet the job reqs.

I work for myself, and make my own money....while you use taxpayers money to dick around on the internet. Typical socialist welfare baby.
Well that is funny my kids test in the top 90% so I do more than cruise the net but you wouldn't admit that anyhow. As far as you're concerned I am a welfare baby. Well welfare isn't paying for my 2000 square foot ranch house, 800 square foot garage, pool and acre either sweet heart. As for The check I get from the Veterans Administration I earned that a long time ago when you were pissing your money away on beer not earning a degree at tu. No one is paying for grad school but me, as was the case with my undergrad. Face it Bryce, I work every weekend in my garage sell stuff on ebay, sell cars on this site, sell part, buy cars to fix and sell later, etc, just as you. I weld my own stuff, build my own engines, etc. So if anyone is living off the government it is most likely you, utilizing every tax break and loop hole you can find. No shame in that Bryce I commend you on such but I don't take anything I haven't earned. Also for someone who is taking the LSAT in the summer wouldn't a degree be helpful in getting into Law School? Of course that could just be a lie but who knows?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement