For all you NFL>College Football types... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

For all you NFL>College Football types...

Exhibit A, the 2006 Rose Bowl

Exhibit B, the 40th Super Bowl

Any questions?

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 05:51 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Exhibit A, the 2006 Rose Bowl

Exhibit B, the 40th Super Bowl

Any questions?
No shit...
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 06:24 AM
Eagles>Cowboys

NFL Playoffs > Anything College has to offer.....

The Super Bowl did suck this year, but there is still no comparison between the 2 leagues. One game this year does not change that.......

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95
LMFAO!
Quote:
The Super Bowl did suck this year,
You got that right

Quote:
but there is still no comparison between the 2 leagues.
Correct again.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 08:23 AM
Lifer

lmao... The Rose Bowl definitely won this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
Idiocracy: it's here. We're fucked.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 09:26 AM
Lifer

Wow, one game full of college's brightest stars (THREE Heisman candidates) versus one suckass pro game.

Quite a sampling that you're using to come to that conclusion!

No matter what you say, there is NO comparison between the speed and athleticism of the pro league versus the young and underdeveloped talent in the college ranks. That you would even think that is funny to me...
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
Wow, one game full of college's brightest stars (THREE Heisman candidates) versus one suckass pro game.

No matter what you say, there is NO comparison between the speed and athleticism of the pro league versus the young and underdeveloped talent in the college ranks. That you would even think that is funny to me...

Finally someone with some sense. Why anyone thinks college is a better game is beyond me.

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Finally someone with some sense. Why anyone thinks college is a better game is beyond me.

LEt's see......more competition, more heart, more desire, in each player, better 1/2 time shows, better OT, less ME ME ME crap. There's about 1 billlllllion other reasons why college? No Fun League, but that's a start

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Lifer

I don't give a fuck about halftime shows and college bands - I prefer to watch the cream of the crop duking it out on the field. I guess that's where we see it different.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
I don't give a fuck about halftime shows and college bands - I prefer to watch the cream of the crop duking it out on the field. I guess that's where we see it different.

Yes. Nothing like watching the Texans and Cardinals duke it out! Quality entertainment right there, I tell ya!

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Yes. Nothing like watching the Texans and Cardinals duke it out! Quality entertainment right there, I tell ya!
I don't watch those shitty games either.

So I guess you're tuning in to all the West Wyoming State vs Oregon games huh?
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 12:25 PM
not exclude

There is nothing at stake in pro ball. You will never find the passion that college ball has for that very reason.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 12:32 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
There is nothing at stake in pro ball. You will never find the passion that college ball has for that very reason.
WTF?

What is at stake in a college player's game? To get recognized as a great player... and get into the pros?

And last time I checked, winning the SB is still one of the greatest team achievements in sports.
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

I watched SFA and some other school last year........I went to a Tarleton State game.
So, yes, I watch those shitty games.

Quote:
I don't watch those shitty games either.

So I guess you're tuning in to all the West Wyoming State vs Oregon games huh?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

I'd say it's harder to win a collegiate championship than a professsional. You can go 8-8, or potentially 7-9, then get hot, and win it all, while in college, you ahve to be perfect for the entire season.

Quote:
WTF?

What is at stake in a college player's game? To get recognized as a great player... and get into the pros?

And last time I checked, winning the SB is still one of the greatest team achievements in sports.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 12:42 PM
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
WTF?

Agreed.

In Pro Football there are 32 teams of the BEST players in the business. College has what... 150 teams in the top tier of play. 25 of which get ranked. There are probably 10 games all college season worth watching between competitive teams. The rest are blowouts of a top recuiting rich school pounding the daylights out of a crappy unknown school. That is not fun to watch. Unless you an Alumni of that school, and winning big is always cool.

If playing in the Pros means nothing, why is it so sought after by College players? Of course those guys want their money! That's playing for greed, not their school winning. Money is not guaranteed in their NFL contracts either so all players have to play to win. Saying players in the PROS lose their competitive edge is absurd, they all play to win period. Some pros play for the money, the majority play to win a Championship! Some college kids play for their school, most play to MAKE the money in the pros. It all boils down to the same thing.

NFL is the best of the best, Football fans appreciate the best players. College has minimal good players, the rest will never play again.

And LOL at even trying to say the Halftime show is a reason to watch College Football, you fucking homo.

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 12:42 PM
Goblin King of Fort Worth

Quote:
I watched SFA and some other school last year........I went to a Tarleton State game.
So, yes, I watch those shitty games.
How in the hell did you end up at a Tarleton State game? Gross.

post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 12:45 PM
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
I'd say it's harder to win a collegiate championship than a professsional. You can go 8-8, or potentially 7-9, then get hot, and win it all, while in college, you ahve to be perfect for the entire season.

Perfect in 11 games, not 16. And of those 11 games Texas probably had 3 really competitive teams to play. Don't try to say that is harder than making the playoffs in the Pros, winning the playoff games against other great teams, then winning the big game.

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 12:49 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:

The Super Bowl did suck this year, but there is still no comparison between the 2 leagues. One game this year does not change that.......

I concur.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 12:49 PM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
LEt's see......more competition, more heart, more desire, in each player, better 1/2 time shows, better OT, less ME ME ME crap. There's about 1 billlllllion other reasons why college? No Fun League, but that's a start
So that means the OSU vs Texas game=the ND vs USC game =the USC vs Texas Game, right? All games had national champion contentions in them so this is a seemingly more equal comparison than that of the NFL vs NCAA .
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:

For only the third time in the history of existence, Danny and I agree on something.
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 01:11 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Superbowl Commercials OWN3D MNC Game Commercials

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 11:01 PM
CEO of......

college ANYTHING is better than watching the pros. case in point, march madness is right around the corner
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Raiden Wins

I find it hard to believe that college football is more competitive. Maybe specific games, but in general with all the unevenly matched blowout games. And how are you going to measure "heart" or "desire" within a player? I go back & forth between which one I prefer and I would say definitely I like college alot more right now, but I just can't see any validity in those arguments.
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 02:36 AM
190hp4banger

I prefer to watch NCAA competition over pro in Football and baseball. Basketball is better at the pro level. I do feel that college football provides better games, better competition, and just more fun in general. You guys can't piss all over Texas' strength of schedule this last year, then try to use them as an example. Most teams had a much more balanced schedule, and didn't perform quite 100% which kept games close (USC, Bama, VT, Miami, just to name a few).
Pro sports are all BS anyway. I know college kids do drugs, but between the murderers, druggies, Lock-outs for more money, all while making MILLIONS of dollars, etc..... I'll stick with the NCAA.
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 03:45 PM
Lifer

I prefer College sports over Professional sports.

I could give 2 shits enough to argure the fact, but the main reasons being...

In collegiate sports, the athletes actually put forth effort to perform for their teams, for their schools, and for their fans. (Not for themselves) There is a great deal of pride involved, that translates into hard work on/off the field.

In professional sports, there are WAYY too many "pre-madonna's" that play for the money only. Sometimes they play hard, but the majority of the time, they half ass it. Theres no concept of team loyalty/unity in professional sports. (Why should there be? Everyone knows that 2 years later their "teammates" will probably be playing for the opposing team)

This could be said for the majority of sports, but the gap has never been greater than in it is now in College/NFL Football.

Like stated earlier....In College Football, if you lose a game.. YOURE DONE. It creates a need to win, and win at all costs attitude. The atmosphere is abesolutely electrifying.

And then theres the actual play calling/formations. I've yet to see anything run by any NFL offensive coordinators, that is even close to being as entertaining as some of the complex offenses run by collegiate programs. (Flexbone, Wishbone, Pistol, Ninja) There is virtually NO option based offenses in the NFL either, because of defensive team speed. Like it or leave it...either way, the NFL just doesnt have the sizzle.

post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 03:50 PM
Lifer

At least a computer didn't determine who would play for the championship!
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 03:53 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa
awesome!
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 03:58 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa

this year it didn't, now did it?

but, in past years you are right and that's the ONLY thing i don't like about college ball. but i don't see anything changing soon so we all will have to deal with it.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 04:00 PM
190hp4banger

Maybe it should... did you see the Super Bowl? I keeed, I keeed , but at least this year they got it right when there were only 2 unbeatens left .
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 07:41 PM
not exclude

Quote:
WTF?

Sadly, it's all a lot of them have a head of them. But it makes for great drama. You win the SB, you go on to next season, still make your millions...not much changes. Plus pro ball just revolves around the money, takes away from it for me.

Quote:
That's just because football is a media superstar.
post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 09:54 PM
Lifer

Quote:
yep, and that goes for other sports as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement