Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 12:43 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeitstaylor
The Madden Curse has struck again!
Yup

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Full tilt boogie !!

wtf? link?

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 12:55 PM
Recovering Lush

"What is the Madden Curse?
Whoever is on the cover of the Madden game will be injured and/or have a terrible season for that year.

I don't believe in curses, thats Bull Spit, where did you come up with this bullspit?

This is NOT bullspit, and there is evidence to prove it...
Subject 1: Eddie George; cover-star of Madden 2001. He had been a major factor in the Titans getting to the Superbowl the year before and if he continued his dominance on the ground, Tennessee looked to have another great year. He was on the cover of Madden, so of course he had his worst year ever and was injured frequently. He got released, played backup to a rookie, and now is unemployed. A heisman winner, 1 yard away from winning the superbowl, and now he's unemployed in the years that should have been his prime.

Subject 2: Daunte Culpepper; cover-star of Madden 2002. Culpepper looked to have a promising season but hurt his knee, missed five games, and had a mediocre season. Now he lost the greatest talent at wide receiver ever. When he happens to have a great year, he is overshadowed by Manning, what were the chances.

Subject 3: Marshall Faulk; cover-star of Madden 2003. Faulk was the most well-known and well-liked running back in the NFL. He was practically a household name especially after he helped the Rams get to the Superbowl. However, he decided to sign on for the cover of Madden. Bad decision. He hurt his ankle badly, missed six games, and had a very underwhelming year. And now he is playing backup to a sophmore.

Subject 4: Mike Vick; coverstar of Madden 2004. He looked like he'd be the greatest quarterback of all time. The Falcons would surely make it to the playoffs and dominate. But John Madden himself handpicked Mike Vick to be on the front of his game. Expectantly, Vick broke his leg in the preseason and missed 12 starts. Coincidentally, Vick broke his leg the day after the game was released.

Subject 5: Ray Lewis; This is what was predicted to happen before the season started: "Will Lewis hurt himself and fail to bring Baltimore to the playoffs? Only if the curse continues. "(Actual quote, I'll link if you really want) And look what happened, he hurt himself, with a broken wrist, and his team failed to make the playoffs.

Ray Lewis injury wasn't that bad, how do you explain that?
In week 7 of the season, it was Eagles vs the Ravens. When Owens scored a TD, he began doing Ray Lewis' signature dance. (http://www.jagfire.net/nfl/to_raylewis_dance.gif) This confused the curse as Ray Lewis was the only one who did that dance. The curse then got redirected towards TO, but since the curse had already begun building up on Ray Lewis, he suffered a minor injury, and Owens broke a part of his ankle taking him out for a couple weeks in the season, and all the playoffs. But he did appear in the superbowl. That was only because that part of the curse went to Lewis.

So whats going to happen to McNabb?
McNabb had one of the best seasons of his career last year, this was largely due to the addition of TO. TO has had his own curse-which could probably extend to next season, taking him off a superbowl team. With TO possibly going down again, and this will hurt McNabb, now with his own curse, he is definatly going down.

Noooo McNabbs gonna get hurt, O well, at least it can't get anyworse!
It is worse. Donovan McNabb is not only going to suffer the Madden Curse, but the Cambells Soup curse as well.

What is the Cambells Soup curse?
Who ever appears in commercials of Cambells Soup gets terrible injuries the next season. These injuries are twice as bad as the Madden Curse injuries.

Thats bullspit, I want evidence
Subject 1: Kurt Warner; He was at the pinnicale of football, he lead the greatest show on turf to a superbowl. He appeared on Cambells soup commercials. This was a bad idea. All of a sudden thumb injuries started nagging him, he lost his job to Marc Bulger, and has been on 2 other teams since.

Subject 2: Terrell Davis; He won 2 superbowls in a row. He was the MVP in one of them, appeared on Cambells commercials, and BOOM, he suffers a career-ending knee injury.

Subject 3: Donovan McNabb; He appeared on the commercials with his whole team, and his mother. This can only mean badluck for the eagles, as the Cambells Soup Curse is one of the worst football curses out there. This is the reason the eagles fail to win big games. But this is only the beginning.

DAMN IT, So what exactly is going to happen to McNabb?
No one knows, only the curse knows. But my prediction is, he'll get shot. But as I said, only the curse knows."

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

lmao @ ray lewis' curse being redirected to terrel owens....
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 01:29 PM
What Can Brown Do For You

was Vinny Testaverde on the cover?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 02:05 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

So did McNabb get shot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by regaltip
was Vinny Testaverde on the cover?
No, he's just always sucked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post