I think there are going to be alot of upset people. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
I think there are going to be alot of upset people.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 11:51 PM
Recovering Lush

because?

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 11:52 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

That's a beautifully large signature you have there, asshole. Just kidding about it being beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 10:50 AM
CEO of......

please explain, why am i mad??

i thought Whitehurst looked better than Cutler in the senior bowl. then again i didn't sit there and watch the whole game either.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 11:14 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
because?
Heading into February, here's the initial top 10 on offense:

1. Reggie Bush
2. Ferguson
3. Leinart
4. Vince Young

If the UT faithful had read the whole article, they'd be in an uproar that Bush and Leinart are considered the better picks over VY for the upcoming NFL draft.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 11:23 AM
07 TBSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood

1. Reggie Bush
2. Ferguson
3. Leinart
4. Vince Young

If the UT faithful had read the whole article, they'd be in an uproar that Bush and Leinart are considered the better picks over VY for the upcoming NFL draft.
Very good synopsis kind sir.

07 TBSS mods inc
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 11:24 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Yeah, because we all know that Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports is the be-all-end-all of sports writers and his opinion is as good as the real thing, right?

Same folks were saying that VY and Texas had no chance in the Rose Bowl. Refer to sigs from sig bet.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 11:54 AM

Quote:

1. Reggie Bush
2. Ferguson
3. Leinart
4. Vince Young

Your place in the top 5 or 10 is fairly irrelevent.

Teams pick based on need, not on a direct order that some sports writers make for Yahoo, ESPN, or anybody else for that matter.

Ferguson may be the overall #2 guy on the board but if the Saints don't need a tackle then he won't go #2. (just using as an example)

Same thing for the QB situation... depends on the type of offensive scheme you want to build around.

NO or Tenn are most likely to take QB's so Lienart or Young will fall into the pick that most fits the current scheme or future retooling that is in the teams best interest... not some sports writers
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 03:30 PM
CEO of......

Quote:

1. Reggie Bush
2. Ferguson
3. Leinart
4. Vince Young

i read it, why am i in a uproar again? just trying to figure out why i can't controll my anger because somebody wrote some meaningless shit opinion about something that i have no controll over.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 03:54 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
i read it, why am i in a uproar again? just trying to figure out why i can't controll my anger because somebody wrote some meaningless shit opinion about something that i have no controll over.

Dude, you are out of control. You can barely type you are so flustered. I can see the red from here. Dear god, everybody run!
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 03:55 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
Your place in the top 5 or 10 is fairly irrelevent.

Teams pick based on need, not on a direct order that some sports writers make for Yahoo, ESPN, or anybody else for that matter.

Ferguson may be the overall #2 guy on the board but if the Saints don't need a tackle then he won't go #2. (just using as an example)

Same thing for the QB situation... depends on the type of offensive scheme you want to build around.

NO or Tenn are most likely to take QB's so Lienart or Young will fall into the pick that most fits the current scheme or future retooling that is in the teams best interest... not some sports writers
I didn't write the article, I just got what Cartman was saying and was trying to explain it for those who are confused.
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 04:25 PM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
I didn't write the article, I just got what Cartman was saying and was trying to explain it for those who are confused.
Those would be the people hurrying to buy National Championship gear due to expire in September,LOL.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 04:34 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Why would that make people mad? I'm one of the biggest Horn fans here and I think Bush and Leinart will make better NFL players than VY. Ferguson can go above him depending on the needs of the team with the 3rd pick.

post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 05:14 PM
Recovering Lush

There's a MNC game in September?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Those would be the people hurrying to buy National Championship gear due to expire in September,LOL.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Just like almost every other champion in every other sport for a given year
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 07:55 PM

He's just upset that shirts weren't even invented back when A&M last won a NC.

post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 10:15 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Dude, you are out of control. You can barely type you are so flustered. I can see the red from here. Dear god, everybody run!

damn, all this time has passed and i'm still pissed. i need some water here.

LOL, i first started reading it and you said you can barely type. i'm not much on spelling so i started going back and thinking "did i misspell something?"
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 10:21 PM
Recovering Lush

I'm still just absolutely fuming over here.......

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 11:28 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
damn, all this time has passed and i'm still pissed. i need some water here.

LOL, i first started reading it and you said you can barely type. i'm not much on spelling so i started going back and thinking "did i misspell something?"

lol
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 07:58 AM

Quote:
There's a MNC game in September?
No Bryce, that is the month when tu will try to begin defending their position as National Champions, I don't see that going well for you all. I am thinking tu will drop 2-3 games easy next year.
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 08:03 AM

Quote:
I'm still just absolutely fuming over here.......
Well you know Bryce you should calm down, we wouldn't want you to burst into flames or anything!
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 12:10 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
No Bryce, that is the month when tu will try to begin defending their position as National Champions, I don't see that going well for you all. I am thinking tu will drop 2-3 games easy next year.

2-3 games easy?

I could see an objectively minded person saying Texas could lose 2-3 games, but....easily? The only ? there is lies in the QB position. The defense shoudl be better, the running game will be worlds better. Please name the 3 games Texas loses "Easily," i.e. has no chance in.

There isn't a team on that schedule that Texas can't beat.

This 2-3 games mantra has been chanted on TexAgs year after year.

Tech is better, but they still have defensive issues, Oklahoma is better, but how much better is a question, and so is the durability of Peterson. A&M comes to Austin, and they still have Franny at the helm, so there's two strikes against them.

tOSU will be a battle, but Texas doesn't lose much at home, though it would be preferable to play this game after McCoy or Snead has a few games uner his belt.

3 games easy? If it's 3 games easy, how many games are iffy to go with it?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 01:56 PM

Quote:
By your stellar prediction record, this means the Horns will either repeat or go 0-12.

post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:

1. Reggie Bush
2. Ferguson
3. Leinart
4. Vince Young

so it seems that the pro scouts seem to think bush is better as well, I thought the texas fan would be crying about how they get no respect at all and it is all just a big fraud.

on a side note I was reading sporting news and it says the vince young isn't even one of the top 3 qb in the draft. but they did say he will be taken no later than the 5th pick but that is based on hype and potential. and they went on to even say they don't seem vy sticking around the nfl if he refuses to move to another postion.

post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Lifer

wuts ^ w/huge sigs? i mean, dat shitz gay.....
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 09:33 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Yeah, because we all know that Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports is the be-all-end-all of sports writers and his opinion is as good as the real thing, right?

Same folks were saying that VY and Texas had no chance in the Rose Bowl. Refer to sigs from sig bet.
yahoo knows all dont ever doubt it
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-05-2006, 09:11 AM
not exclude

Quote:
Sweet, PT just gave us an undefeated season next year!
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-05-2006, 01:02 PM
Recovering Lush

Save what little slice of credibility you MAY have left, and just STOP when it comes to VY. Do you REALLY want to re-visit your asinine comments about him, Mr "Texas wins in spite of VY"?

You got owned by VY the night of the Rose Bowl in a fashion usually only experienced by two dollar red headed street whores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
so it seems that the pro scouts seem to think bush is better as well, I thought the texas fan would be crying about how they get no respect at all and it is all just a big fraud.

on a side note I was reading sporting news and it says the vince young isn't even one of the top 3 qb in the draft. but they did say he will be taken no later than the 5th pick but that is based on hype and potential. and they went on to even say they don't seem vy sticking around the nfl if he refuses to move to another postion.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Save what little slice of credibility you MAY have left, and just STOP when it comes to VY. Do you REALLY want to re-visit your asinine comments about him, Mr "Texas wins in spite of VY"?

You got owned by VY the night of the Rose Bowl in a fashion usually only experienced by two dollar red headed street whores.

texas wouldn't have played in the rose bowl if not for the d making up for the dumb plays VY made all season. so he had a great game in the rose bowl, he wouldn't have been there if the d didn't step up to correct all the mistakes he makes.

one game does not make a player great. the saying "the sun shines on a dog's ass once in awhile" fits that game.

post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Recovering Lush

Have you ever considered a lucrative job in the NFL scouting business, since you know so VERY much, and they know so precious little?

Quote:
texas wouldn't have played in the rose bowl if not for the d making up for the dumb plays VY made all season. so he had a great game in the rose bowl, he wouldn't have been there if the d didn't step up to correct all the mistakes he makes.

one game does not make a player great. the saying "the sun shines on a dog's ass once in awhile" fits that game.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Have you ever considered a lucrative job in the NFL scouting business, since you know so VERY much, and they know so precious little?

the pro scouts aren't sure he will be a nfl qb they wanted him to stay another year to try and get better. he will will be another kordell stewart
post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 01:46 PM

Quote:

Same could be said for any QB for any other team.

They had a stacked squad this year and they won. Played a few close games, made a few mistakes, got lucky a few times. Name one team that doesn't experience every bit of what I just wrote in a given season. It's a team effort, and allthough you have standouts on both sides of the ball you still can't get to the top without the rest of the team covering anyone coughing up a few bad plays.

They got there... they won... get over it.
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 04:17 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
the pro scouts aren't sure he will be a nfl qb they wanted him to stay another year to try and get better. he will will be another kordell stewart

stewart was never considered one of the best qb's if not one of the best players in college history either. stewart had one good/lucky throw. so maybe you should bring up somebody else to TRY and compare him too right now.

you never actually WATCHED a ut game, did you?

there is always one thing we can count of from cartman, he will always hate on anything good going on with ut. envy is a terrible thing, sir.
post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 04:32 PM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
texas wouldn't have played in the rose bowl if not for the d making up for the dumb plays VY made all season.
LOL, you are delusional with envy!

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
stewart was never considered one of the best qb's if not one of the best players in college history either. stewart had one good/lucky throw. so maybe you should bring up somebody else to TRY and compare him too right now.

you never actually WATCHED a ut game, did you?

there is always one thing we can count of from cartman, he will always hate on anything good going on with ut. envy is a terrible thing, sir.

I don't hate UT, never have, some of my best friends went to the school.

as for using kordell, he was a qb that had the arm and the legs but not so much the "know how" to be a nfl qb and was asked to switch positions as will be the same for VY

I watched all the big games they played and some of the others only if there wasn't another game I wanted to watch more.
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 08:56 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
I don't hate UT, never have, some of my best friends went to the school.

This sounds a lot like the "Me, racist? Why some of my best friends are *insert race here*.

Not calling you a racist, I'm just saying......

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
This sounds a lot like the "Me, racist? Why some of my best friends are *insert race here*.

Not calling you a racist, I'm just saying......

wow you have nothing so you have to use that...lol. and you want to go to law school? you better learn how to argue better or else you won't be for shit.

a good lawyer would have saved that comment and waited till later on to use or even try and turn it around to use against me.
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 09:21 AM
Recovering Lush

I'm not calling you a racist. I'm saying the principles behind your comment are the same. Racist says, I have black friends. Thought process is, because I say this, they won't think of me as racist. Texas hater says "I have Horn friends..........."
Same thing. And I never said I wanted to actually be an attorney. Maybe, who knows....I'd just like to cut a decent score on the LSAT, and get thru Wesleyan.....

Quote:
wow you have nothing so you have to use that...lol. and you want to go to law school? you better learn how to argue better or else you won't be for shit.

a good lawyer would have saved that comment and waited till later on to use or even try and turn it around to use against me.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement