The Faggies never cease to amaze me. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
Out

The Faggies never cease to amaze me.

Now they're bitching about Seattle using the "12th Man" slogan for their fans...

I think they're just bitter because they haven't had a taem worth shit in forever. I swear they take their gay-ass traditions all too seriously.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 07:22 AM
Recovering Lush

https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=278079

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
Out

Cool... at least I'm not the only one.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 07:39 AM
The token Asian guy

I don't understand some people's devotion to their schools. I can understand team spirit and stuff but 5 or 10 years after graduating and they are still cheering and chanting like they are still in school. I don't get it. We have them here at work. Old foggies who wear school shirts, wallets, hats, emblems all over, etc.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by propellerhead
I don't understand some people's devotion to their schools. I can understand team spirit and stuff but 5 or 10 years after graduating and they are still cheering and chanting like they are still in school. I don't get it. We have them here at work. Old foggies who wear school shirts, wallets, hats, emblems all over, etc.
I don't even mind your typical aggie fan, but to think you own a cheer, chant, slogan, saying, etc... that's just stupid AND gay. aggies are their own breed.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 08:09 AM
The token Asian guy

I can see "owning" a chant or cheer or slogan. The US Marines have their "ooorraah". The US Army has their "hoooah". And so on. I just don't understand being all dressed up in team colors, wearing logos and emblems all over, stickers on your car, flags on your lawn, etc. 10 years after graduating. There's nothing wrong in being proud of your school but I don't see holding on to it as long as some of the die-hards here at work.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 08:12 AM
Recovering Lush

Where do you think the money from most school's athletic foundations comes from?

Quote:
I can see "owning" a chant or cheer or slogan. The US Marines have their "ooorraah". The US Army has their "hoooah". And so on. I just don't understand being all dressed up in team colors, wearing logos and emblems all over, stickers on your car, flags on your lawn, etc. 10 years after graduating. There's nothing wrong in being proud of your school but I don't see holding on to it as long as some of the die-hards here at work.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
Out

Team pride is 1/2 of what sports is about.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 09:53 AM
The token Asian guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Where do you think the money from most school's athletic foundations comes from?
From the die-hards that can't let go? I guess it's no different that people walking around with Dallas Cowboys jerseys and stuff, but only more extreme.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 10:19 AM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
Well you pretty much answered your own question didn't you! You basically lack the understanding of such fanship. I don't care for ut or Hookem for that matter but I do respect the devotion the fans have to that school.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 10:33 AM
The token Asian guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Well you pretty much answered your own question didn't you! You basically lack the understanding of such fanship. I don't care for ut or Hookem for that matter but I do respect the devotion the fans have to that school.
I understand "fanship" of a college/university. Even a high school. I wore my kid's high school colors and logos when we attended school sporting events. But we quit doing it when he graduated from high school. I did the same with my university, but it tapered off after a year or two of graduating. I had Boeing t-shirts, Boeing caps, Boeing pens. I don't work for Boeing anymore. I don't walk around wearing all that stuff today. I understand that part. I'll never understand holding onto "fanship" 10-15 years after graduating or leaving the institution. I do not disrespect those who do. It's just something I'll never understand. It like a religion. I am amazed at the devotion of others. I don't disrespect them or fault them for it. I'll just never understand it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement