post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 03:01 AM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!

UT loss tonight

Anyone actually watch the game?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 03:23 AM
Recovering Lush

I just watched the DVR of it.....in a nutshell, Sooner was en fuego, Texas.....not so much.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 04:25 AM
190hp4banger

that about sums up the few parts I got to see while working. I kept hearing all the customers saying "foul....and the basket??? They can't miss"

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 08:19 AM
BOOMER SOONER!

I've watched a few games this season, they were on fire last night. That runs the streak to 3 I believe.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 12:09 PM
Old School

I didnt see the game, but congrats to the Sooners. I hear you all were once again unoriginal and pulled out the upside down horns since you dont have your own sign. But thats nothing new. We will see you March 5th

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX
I didnt see the game, but congrats to the Sooners. I hear you all were once again unoriginal and pulled out the upside down horns since you dont have your own sign. But thats nothing new. We will see you March 5th
Seriously... A few of the crowd shots showed Sooners wearing crimson hats with an upside down fully embroidered longhorn. I guess I just don't get it... I don't care if it's upside down or in 5 pieces... it's still a longhorn on your item of clothing

But hats off to OU!! They seriously could not miss. When you are banking in 3 pointers along with everything else you throw up in the air you know it's just gonna be your night.

I would have liked to see a more equal shooting performance from UT so the game would have been a little more exciting down the stretch no matter who won or lost.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 05:44 PM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
Seriously... A few of the crowd shots showed Sooners wearing crimson hats with an upside down fully embroidered longhorn. I guess I just don't get it... I don't care if it's upside down or in 5 pieces... it's still a longhorn on your item of clothing

But hats off to OU!! They seriously could not miss. When you are banking in 3 pointers along with everything else you throw up in the air you know it's just gonna be your night.

I would have liked to see a more equal shooting performance from UT so the game would have been a little more exciting down the stretch no matter who won or lost.
I guess when you loose instead of just admitting a loss you can bitch and moan about what the other teams fans are wearing . I think it is funny that instead of just taking the loss you have to bitch about something , LOL.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 05:45 PM
Recovering Lush

They do that when they play Nebraska; hell they do it when they play in the MNC....it's their school hand sign, much like ours is the Horns up, TCU is the Horned Claw thing, and Baylor is the Bear Paw.......only in Oklahoma.

Quote:

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 05:46 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
I guess when you loose instead of just admitting a loss you can bitch and moan about what the other teams fans are wearing . I think it is funny that instead of just taking the loss you have to bitch about something , LOL.
Reading is fundamental?

Quote:
What are you talking about? Did you miss this?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Reading is fundamental?

What are you talking about? Did you miss this?
Well you should read which school actually started hand signs I'll give you a hint, the school is in College Station so the horns simply followed our lead, go figure
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Umm, wow. I fully gave OU props for the win. They shot lights out and UT didn't. Took it on the chin... next game.

Are you kidding me about the bitching part?? I would personally never wear anything remotely close to and OU, A&M, or any other big rivals logo. Yet OU actually makes it a point to merchandise items with a rival's logo on it.

But yeah, so much for my 'hats off to OU' comment
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Well you should read which school actually started hand signs I'll give you a hint, the school is in College Station so the horns simply followed our lead, go figure
Ok, you want some creative brownie points for that?? Our hand sign matches our mascot... You guys were first so you say... ok, cool... what does that have to do with OU actually merchandising products that contain a rivals full logo but upside down?? Sounds pretty unoriginal to me??
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 08:59 PM
Raiden Wins

Quote:
Hellz Yeah d00d Boomer Sooner!
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:
You're not an English teacher are you?

post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 08:45 AM
BOOMER SOONER!

it's a fuggin hand gesture guys, get over it. It's not like OU fans haven't done it forever.(I personally think it's gay to do it every game, but that's just me).

UT fans should be happy, every horns sticker an OU fan buys & turns upside down or a A&M fan cuts the horns off of, is just more $$$ in UT's hopper.
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Umm, wow. I fully gave OU props for the win. They shot lights out and UT didn't. Took it on the chin... next game.

Are you kidding me about the bitching part?? I would personally never wear anything remotely close to and OU, A&M, or any other big rivals logo. Yet OU actually makes it a point to merchandise items with a rival's logo on it.

But yeah, so much for my 'hats off to OU' comment
Well stop being a bitch and I'll stop pointing that fact out!
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
You're not an English teacher are you?
You're not a mustang driver are you? I teach history, I figure while we are discussing irrelevant shit, tell me why you're a Chevy driver who feels the need to be on a Mustang site? I mean isn't there a Chevy site that you should be on?
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Well stop being a bitch and I'll stop pointing that fact out!
What's your deal with this??

Do you go or did you go to OU or UT??

Why did you feel the need to call someone a bitch who questions why a rival school is so blatent in using another schools hand gesture. Does my questioning of why on the subject really bother you to the point where you felt the need to jump in this thread and rail on me?? Even still not seeing the fact that I fully gave props to the OU program for the win. It was a simple side note to a thread basically saying to OU if I may use my own quote 'Hats off to OU'. Would it have been better if I flipped the two paragraphs?? Do I need to give props first and then have my little side note just for you?? It's not even a big deal rant from me. Simple question really. Guess you have never questioned something before that another school did as a tradition.

I believe other than this thread I have only mentioned it once ever here and it was nothing more than a short addition to a post. Seeing the game brought it up in my mind again... Yep, this hand gesture thing really gets to me allright I can hardly sleep at the thought...

I for one have never used such terminology as 'bitch' with you so what's your deal again??

Guess I should start throwing slanderous comments at you everytime you bring up something UT fans do, or for that matter any fan of any school that I didn't even go to that you don't quite understand.

Last edited by davidaustin; 01-30-2006 at 11:28 AM.
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 11:44 AM

Quote:
You're not a mustang driver are you? I teach history, I figure while we are discussing irrelevant shit, tell me why you're a Chevy driver who feels the need to be on a Mustang site? I mean isn't there a Chevy site that you should be on?
You're really grasping there and obviously almost out of material.

Me-1
You-0

post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 11:51 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:

Me-1
You-0
Almost?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 12:33 PM

Quote:
What's your deal with this??

Do you go or did you go to OU or UT??

Why did you feel the need to call someone a bitch who questions why a rival school is so blatent in using another schools hand gesture. Does my questioning of why on the subject really bother you to the point where you felt the need to jump in this thread and rail on me?? Even still not seeing the fact that I fully gave props to the OU program for the win. It was a simple side note to a thread basically saying to OU if I may use my own quote 'Hats off to OU'. Would it have been better if I flipped the two paragraphs?? Do I need to give props first and then have my little side note just for you?? It's not even a big deal rant from me. Simple question really. Guess you have never questioned something before that another school did as a tradition.

I believe other than this thread I have only mentioned it once ever here and it was nothing more than a short addition to a post. Seeing the game brought it up in my mind again... Yep, this hand gesture thing really gets to me allright I can hardly sleep at the thought...

I for one have never used such terminology as 'bitch' with you so what's your deal again??

Guess I should start throwing slanderous comments at you everytime you bring up something UT fans do, or for that matter any fan of any school that I didn't even go to that you don't quite understand.
You're still bitching LOL
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 12:36 PM

Quote:

Me-1
You-0
Actually you have an automatic 0 for being on a Mustang site pushing a Camaro, do they still make those? LOL
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Almost?

I try to take it easy on you Bryce you've already proven you can't take what you dish out. I wouldn't want you bothering a moderator
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 12:47 PM
not exclude

Quote:
LMFAO at trying to argue about who started handsigns first.
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
LMFAO at trying to argue about who started handsigns first.
It isn't an argument there is no point to argue, we started hand signs and tu didn't! I do teach Texas History so this not an subject to argue with me about. I did a professional paper my senior year in college about Texas college traditions.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/ranch/readme/handsign.html

"Blame it all on an Aggie named Pinky Downs. A 1906 Texas A&M graduate, Downs was a member of the shcool's board of regents from 1923 to 1933. He was the kind of Aggie who wore a maroon tie every day and who prodded the school into spending an extra $10,000 so that its new swimming pool would be longer than the one at the University of Texas. When the Aggies had a yell practice before the 1930 TCU game, Downs naturally was there. "What are we going to do the those Horned Frogs?" he shouted. His muse did not fail him. "Gig 'em, Aggies!" he improvised, appropriating a term form frog hunting. For emphasis, he made a fist with his thumb extended straight up. The Southwest Conference had its first hand sign."
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 12:59 PM
Recovering Lush

[QUOTE=Pro Trash]I did a professional paper my senior year in college about Texas college traditions.

QUOTE]

Did you wrte it under an assumed name? Or is this another of those MIT/Revolutionary War "Busted" scenarioes? Cuz that sure as hell isn't your name.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 01:22 PM

[QUOTE=HookEm]
Quote:
I did a professional paper my senior year in college about Texas college traditions.

QUOTE]

Did you wrte it under an assumed name? Or is this another of those MIT/Revolutionary War "Busted" scenarioes? Cuz that sure as hell isn't your name.
Let's say it together "reading is fundamental" this is quoted from you I believe Bryce. The reason that the statement is quoted (i.e. using these ) is because I didn't write that article ! If you looked at the link you'd see it was a news article from Texas monthly, not a professional paper, do you understand the difference in the two? I was using that article to prove my case.

You may want to ebay yourself a book on APA or MLA works referenced so you understand what an article is versus a professional paper. Heck you can even learn about citing multiple authors, secondary sources, books, Internet documents, etc. I guess this may be the reason only one of us has a degree. I grasp the concept of quoting and citing work using APA, MLA, quotations, etc. Question is why don't you?
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 01:30 PM
not exclude

Quote:
It isn't an argument there is no point to argue, we started hand signs and tu didn't! I do teach Texas History so this not an subject to argue with me about. I did a professional paper my senior year in college about Texas college traditions.

"Blame it all on an Aggie named Pinky Downs. A 1906 Texas A&M graduate, Downs was a member of the shcool's board of regents from 1923 to 1933. He was the kind of Aggie who wore a maroon tie every day and who prodded the school into spending an extra $10,000 so that its new swimming pool would be longer than the one at the University of Texas. When the Aggies had a yell practice before the 1930 TCU game, Downs naturally was there. "What are we going to do the those Horned Frogs?" he shouted. His muse did not fail him. "Gig 'em, Aggies!" he improvised, appropriating a term form frog hunting. For emphasis, he made a fist with his thumb extended straight up. The Southwest Conference had its first hand sign."
Lol, I already knew that the GigEm sign came before the HookEm sign, but I'm pretty sure a caveman named Ugh invented handsigns. Maybe he should get the copyright?
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 01:32 PM
Lifer

Damn.... Everybody just wants to complain about something.

As far as the hand gestures (Upside down Horns)...It was started by the students almost 70 years ago. I find it warranted when the two schools are playing each other. But there are ALOT of assclown Sooner fans, who seem to throw the upside down horn sign at any sporting event, against any opponant. (Lame)

As far as the BBall game goes..........

Oklahoma played well enough to win. But still need to improve greatly if they want to have a successful season. With Bookout playing with a broken wrist, and Michael Neal just now about 80% healthy...Im not sure how much better they'll get. The key to the Sooners success is Michael Neal. Sampson says he is the best shooter he has ever coached. (If he can get healthy, OU could make a sweet 16 appearance)

When the game is played in Austin, the roles will definately be reversed, and I'd expect a 12-15 point win for Texas. Alderidge is a man-child, and Im not sure there is a way for Oklahoma to contain him. OU's biggest defender is 6'9" (Thats not going to cut it) The calls that Oklahoma was getting in Norman, will go Texas's way in Austin.

It will be an interesting one in Austin. (Sunday, March 5) 3 PM. Last Big 12 game of the season, and it will probably determine the Conference champion.

post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
Lol, I already knew that the GigEm sign came before the HookEm sign, but I'm pretty sure a caveman named Ugh invented handsigns. Maybe he should get the copyright?
Well if a caveman invented them he has to be related to an Aggie somewhere down the line, LOL
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 01:54 PM
Recovering Lush

You'd think after you'd been busted in plagerizing, you'd just quit. Now you do it, and leave a liiiiiiitle out. "Oh, I wasn't implying that was MY writing. I just made mention of me writing, and then followed it with a link. Why on Earth would anyone believe there is a correlation tweenst the two?????"

Everyone already thinks knows you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, in regards to pretty much anything......just stop before you remove every last shred of doubt, Mr Federal Law is determined by state judges........

And don't try to go anywhere near the whole quoting thing, MR "I Don't know How The Hell my same Exact Words Appeared in a Paper Published by MIT???????"

[QUOTE=Pro Trash]
Quote:

Let's say it together "reading is fundamental" this is quoted from you I believe Bryce. The reason that the statement is quoted (i.e. using these ) is because I didn't write that article ! If you looked at the link you'd see it was a news article from Texas monthly, not a professional paper, do you understand the difference in the two? I was using that article to prove my case.

You may want to ebay yourself a book on APA or MLA works referenced so you understand what an article is versus a professional paper. Heck you can even learn about citing multiple authors, secondary sources, books, Internet documents, etc. I guess this may be the reason only one of us has a degree. I grasp the concept of quoting and citing work using APA, MLA, quotations, etc. Question is why don't you?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 02:27 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Ok, you want some creative brownie points for that?? Our hand sign matches our mascot... You guys were first so you say... ok, cool... what does that have to do with OU actually merchandising products that contain a rivals full logo but upside down?? Sounds pretty unoriginal to me??
similar to the seahawks 12th man thing, but everyone thinks thats OK!! hypocrisy at its finest!!!!
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 02:41 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrp88lx's
similar to the seahawks 12th man thing, but everyone thinks thats OK!! hypocrisy at its finest!!!!
Actually, OU and A&M Pay licensing fees to Texas for all that upside down Longhorn garb. So, those fans are supporting UT with each purchase of an upside down Horn.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 02:54 PM

Quote:
You're still bitching LOL
Man, makes me wonder how you treat your students when they question something...
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Actually, OU and A&M Pay licensing fees to Texas for all that upside down Longhorn garb. So, those fans are supporting UT with each purchase of an upside down Horn.
All well and good I guess... just seems... well, I dunno weird to have OU/A&M merchandise that has a UT logo on it as the main focus of the item Just odd IMO, but there are certainly weirder traditions from both sides of the fence no matter what two schools you are comparing.

Seriously though... are there any schools out there that do this with other logos/mascots/Uni. names?? Like from other big rivals like Michigan/OSU, Florida/Miami, etc.??
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 03:17 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
All well and good I guess... just seems... well, I dunno weird to have OU/A&M merchandise that has a UT logo on it as the main focus of the item Just odd IMO, but there are certainly weirder traditions from both sides of the fence no matter what two schools you are comparing.

Seriously though... are there any schools out there that do this with other logos/mascots/Uni. names?? Like from other big rivals like Michigan/OSU, Florida/Miami, etc.??

Can't be any weirder than aggy hitting themselves in the nuts to feel the pain with the team. I hope that one day some good Ag tells me that is just snopes type material.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 03:24 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Can't be any weirder than aggy hitting themselves in the nuts to feel the pain with the team. I hope that one day some good Ag tells me that is just snopes type material.

no no no, they don't hit, they squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze. lol
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Actually you have an automatic 0 for being on a Mustang site pushing a Camaro, do they still make those? LOL
No they don't, but what's that have to do with you teaching children yet not knowing how to spell "lose" You'd figure someone who's walked this Earth for over 50 years would know how to spell the most basic words.

post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 07:06 PM

Quote:
No they don't, but what's that have to do with you teaching children yet not knowing how to spell "lose" You'd figure someone who's walked this Earth for over 50 years would know how to spell the most basic words.
Who has been here for 50 years dumb ass? Also let me know if you are mistake free?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement