It's Official: Mustain A Razorback - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

It's Official: Mustain A Razorback

SPRINGDALE -- The question that has been asked for more than a month has been answered.

Mitch Mustain is going to play football in college at ... The University of Arkansas.

And this time he's certain of his decision.

Mustain, the Springdale quarterback who committed to the Razorbacks before the season only to withdraw that commitment two days after the Bulldogs' season ended, made his decision public Monday evening. Mustain told Arkansas offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn, his former coach at Springdale High, of his decision Monday afternoon and Razorbacks coach Houston Nutt later in the evening.

"This time around, I've exhausted every option out there," Mustain told The Morning News. "This time, I honestly feel better now than I did in August when I committed."

Mustain initially committed to the Razorbacks on Aug. 15 before a statewide television audience. He later withdrew that commitment in a meeting with Nutt, saying he was uncertain about some issues surrounding an Arkansas program which had just finished a 4-7 season.

On Monday, Mustain said all of his questions about the Razorbacks had been answered -- thanks in large part to a meeting last Friday morning at 12:01 a.m. with the entire offensive coaching staff. The meeting took place so late to avoid meeting during the NCAA recruiting dead period and helped ease any concerns the top-ranked quarterback in the country had about the direction of an Arkansas offense which struggled in the passing game last season.

Mustain told The Morning News that Arkansas was his first choice all along, but that he had " some things that I wanted cleared up."

Mustain also met with the coaches again later in the day on Friday, including new Razorbacks quarterbacks coach Alex Wood. Part of that discussion involved Wood telling Mustain that Arkansas would only use the former Bulldog next season -- foregoing his redshirt year --if he supplants current Arkansas quarterbacks Casey @#%$, Alex Mortenson and Robert Johnson.

Wood and Malzahn, the former Springdale coach who was hired by the Razorbacks in December just days after his team captured the Class AAAAA state title, also met with Mustain in an in-home visit Sunday evening, but that meeting was less about football than it was about simply enjoying dinner and watching highlight videos --with the bulk of the on the field discussions having already been completed.

With his decision out of the way, Mustain said Monday night he was ready for the phone calls to end and for things to "get back to normal."

He's also looking ahead to suiting up for the college he's never lived more than 20 minutes away from in his life, taking time to thank both the Razorbacks coaches and Arkansas fans who were patient with him while he made "the most important decision of my life."

"I'm excited just to get up there and get started," Mustain told The Morning News. "Honestly, I wish I could be up there for the spring I'm so ready to get going."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 08:31 AM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
SPRINGDALE -- The question that has been asked for more than a month has been answered.

Mitch Mustain is going to play football in college at ... The University of Arkansas.

And this time he's certain of his decision.

Mustain, the Springdale quarterback who committed to the Razorbacks before the season only to withdraw that commitment two days after the Bulldogs' season ended, made his decision public Monday evening. Mustain told Arkansas offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn, his former coach at Springdale High, of his decision Monday afternoon and Razorbacks coach Houston Nutt later in the evening.

"This time around, I've exhausted every option out there," Mustain told The Morning News. "This time, I honestly feel better now than I did in August when I committed."

Mustain initially committed to the Razorbacks on Aug. 15 before a statewide television audience. He later withdrew that commitment in a meeting with Nutt, saying he was uncertain about some issues surrounding an Arkansas program which had just finished a 4-7 season.

On Monday, Mustain said all of his questions about the Razorbacks had been answered -- thanks in large part to a meeting last Friday morning at 12:01 a.m. with the entire offensive coaching staff. The meeting took place so late to avoid meeting during the NCAA recruiting dead period and helped ease any concerns the top-ranked quarterback in the country had about the direction of an Arkansas offense which struggled in the passing game last season.

Mustain told The Morning News that Arkansas was his first choice all along, but that he had " some things that I wanted cleared up."

Mustain also met with the coaches again later in the day on Friday, including new Razorbacks quarterbacks coach Alex Wood. Part of that discussion involved Wood telling Mustain that Arkansas would only use the former Bulldog next season -- foregoing his redshirt year --if he supplants current Arkansas quarterbacks Casey @#%$, Alex Mortenson and Robert Johnson.

Wood and Malzahn, the former Springdale coach who was hired by the Razorbacks in December just days after his team captured the Class AAAAA state title, also met with Mustain in an in-home visit Sunday evening, but that meeting was less about football than it was about simply enjoying dinner and watching highlight videos --with the bulk of the on the field discussions having already been completed.

With his decision out of the way, Mustain said Monday night he was ready for the phone calls to end and for things to "get back to normal."

He's also looking ahead to suiting up for the college he's never lived more than 20 minutes away from in his life, taking time to thank both the Razorbacks coaches and Arkansas fans who were patient with him while he made "the most important decision of my life."

"I'm excited just to get up there and get started," Mustain told The Morning News. "Honestly, I wish I could be up there for the spring I'm so ready to get going."
lol don't let nathan see it, then that is one more thing nutt has over brown...lol.

post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 09:17 AM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
lol don't let nathan see it, then that is one more thing nutt has over brown...lol.

i didn't know texas went after him very hard? i think they were going after stafford and snead was there second choice. i think they figured mustain would stay in arkansas. Can't blame him, home state and his hs coach is the OC now.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 10:14 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Nutt dodged a bullet here. He had to promise him he'd start as a freshman to get him in there. He saved his own ass....for now.

By the way, this doesn't put Nutt over Brown at anything. VY was the #1 QB when he graduated HS and Brown got him. VY>Mitch Mustain
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 10:49 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Nutt dodged a bullet here. He had to promise him he'd start as a freshman to get him in there. He saved his own ass....for now.

By the way, this doesn't put Nutt over Brown at anything. VY was the #1 QB when he graduated HS and Brown got him. VY>Mitch Mustain

well last year brown lost the number1 qb and this year accourding to "scout" nutt got the number1 though I think the number 1 in state not country. but still funny.

post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 11:28 AM
CEO of......

Quote:
well last year brown lost the number1 qb and this year accourding to "scout" nutt got the number1 though I think the number 1 in state not country. but still funny.

#1 in the country, parade all-american player of the year too.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Recovering Lush

Maybe nutt can put his #1 QB in the Country Recruiter trophy next to his Coach of the Year, Rose Bowl, and MNC Trophies?

Oh....wait......oops?

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 01:44 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Maybe nutt can put his #1 QB in the Country Recruiter trophy next to his Coach of the Year, Rose Bowl, and MNC Trophies?
I don't think they give a #1 QB in the Country Recruiter trophy, and I don't think Nutt has any Coach of the Year, Rose Bowl, or national championship trophies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 12:57 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:

Oh....wait......oops?
if I am so wrong why would you even bother arguing with me? you do it to make yourself feel better it is ok.

post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 06:51 AM
The Rise Of COBRA!

Quote:

Oh....wait......oops?

Why are you dogging Nutt? He's a very good coach. He's not a great or superstar coach, but hes very good. He's trying to get blue chip players to want to play in BFE basically. Its not like Fayetteville is like Austin, Columbus, LA, or Miami...
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 08:39 AM
Recovering Lush

maybe because he's a classless asshat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
Why are you dogging Nutt? He's a very good coach. He's not a great or superstar coach, but hes very good. He's trying to get blue chip players to want to play in BFE basically. Its not like Fayetteville is like Austin, Columbus, LA, or Miami...

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 11:54 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
maybe because he's a classless asshat?

you are just mad cause mack needed a dumb play by matt jones to beat arkansas because he got out coached all 3 times they played

post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 05:23 PM
Recovering Lush

Do we really need to point out how many ways Mack has scoreboard over nutt?

Quote:
you are just mad cause mack needed a dumb play by matt jones to beat arkansas because he got out coached all 3 times they played

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 05:25 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Do we really need to point out how many ways Mack has scoreboard over nutt?

in recruiting mack is better but as a coach nutt is better you still upset that the coach did the hook em horns down thing at the cotton bowl aren't you

post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 05:29 PM
Recovering Lush

Upset? No. Does it provide proof that nutt is a classless asshat? Yes.

BTW, Mack was Coach of the Year...I didn't see nutt's name on so much as the long list, so your comments about who's the better coach are baseless.

Quote:
in recruiting mack is better but as a coach nutt is better you still upset that the coach did the hook em horns down thing at the cotton bowl aren't you

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 02:22 AM

Quote:
you still upset that the coach did the hook em horns down thing at the cotton bowl aren't you
Sorry, but no coach should ever do that against any school.

And really... can we get alittle more present than Matt Jones with the Arkansas debate
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 02:17 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
Sorry, but no coach should ever do that against any school.

And really... can we get alittle more present than Matt Jones with the Arkansas debate
sure freshman of the year mcfadden talk about him all you like in two years the heisman hopeful.

post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 02:20 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Upset? No. Does it provide proof that nutt is a classless asshat? Yes.

BTW, Mack was Coach of the Year...I didn't see nutt's name on so much as the long list, so your comments about who's the better coach are baseless.
as you like use to do "those polls or awards are just opinions of who ever the (insert mag, news, sports talk show) is riding."

if it was based on who is the best coach really then how can anybody but the ND coach not win he took the same team from last year and turned them around.

post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 02:23 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
sure freshman of the year mcfadden talk about him all you like in two years the heisman hopeful.
LMAO! Heisman hopeful!?!?! Not even close!!! Arkansas actually has to win something to get any type of consideration for any awards. They and your boy McFadden are FAR FAR FAR from that. Keep dreaming.
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 02:34 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
LMAO! Heisman hopeful!?!?! Not even close!!! Arkansas actually has to win something to get any type of consideration for any awards. They and your boy McFadden are FAR FAR FAR from that. Keep dreaming.

2nd best back in the ncaa right now behind peterson

post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 02:41 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
2nd best back in the ncaa right now behind peterson
Huh? You gotta be kidding me. Not even close.

Top 5:

1. Adrian Peterson - Oklahoma (if he can stay healthy)

2. Laurence Maroney - Minnesota

3. Jamaal Charles - Texas

4. Kenny Irons - Auburn

5. Antonio Pittman - Ohio State

Honorable Mention: Mike Hart - Michigan
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 08:25 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Huh? You gotta be kidding me. Not even close.

Top 5:

1. Adrian Peterson - Oklahoma (if he can stay healthy)

2. Laurence Maroney - Minnesota

3. Jamaal Charles - Texas

4. Kenny Irons - Auburn

5. Antonio Pittman - Ohio State

Honorable Mention: Mike Hart - Michigan
see how much jamaal likes running vs 8 men fronts....lol.

mcfadden plays against the top d's almost every week and still out rushed charles

post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 09:55 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
see how much jamaal likes running vs 8 men fronts....lol.

mcfadden plays against the top d's almost every week and still out rushed charles
Jamaal Charles was out for at least 2-3 games this season with an ankle injury and almost had just as many yards as McFadden and had a better YPC average.

Vince Young almost out rushed your boy with less carries and had more rushing TD's, LMAO!

You can toot your horn all you want to, the simple fact of the matter is that despite all of his work this year he ended up with a 4-7 season. If he was as badass as you say he is then he should have helped them beat more than 4 teams this year and 1 of those 4 wins was a non D-1 team.

What did he do against that powerhouse of Vanderbuilt? 1 rush for 6 yards.
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 12:31 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Jamaal Charles was out for at least 2-3 games this season with an ankle injury and almost had just as many yards as McFadden and had a better YPC average.

Vince Young almost out rushed your boy with less carries and had more rushing TD's, LMAO!

You can toot your horn all you want to, the simple fact of the matter is that despite all of his work this year he ended up with a 4-7 season. If he was as badass as you say he is then he should have helped them beat more than 4 teams this year and 1 of those 4 wins was a non D-1 team.

What did he do against that powerhouse of Vanderbuilt? 1 rush for 6 yards.
still doesn't change the fact he had more yards and is freshman of the year.

post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 12:54 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
still doesn't change the fact he had more yards and is freshman of the year.
Still doesn't change the fact that arkie's offense centered around him, while JC was one part of a running back by committee running game, with the gameplan centered on VY.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 12:57 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Still doesn't change the fact that arkie's offense centered around him, while JC was one part of a running back by committee running game, with the gameplan centered on VY.
really that is funny he wasn't even the starter at the 1st of the year, good thing nutt was smart enough to go ahead a build the offense around a bench player before the season started.

post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 01:01 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
really that is funny he wasn't even the starter at the 1st of the year, good thing nutt was smart enough to go ahead a build the offense around a bench player before the season started.
and game 1 has what to do with the adaptive nature of an offensive gameplan?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 01:14 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
and game 1 has what to do with the adaptive nature of an offensive gameplan?
they didn't change the game plan it was the same with or with out him.

post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 01:28 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
they didn't change the game plan it was the same with or with out him.
so nutt doesn't adjust gameplans based on how specific individuals perform? And you're trying to pass off him as being a better coach than Mack?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 01:37 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
so nutt doesn't adjust gameplans based on how specific individuals perform? And you're trying to pass off him as being a better coach than Mack?
no why adjust a team that is built to run when one back goes down and another one comes in? if you are a good coach you build the team to your player's that you have, that way when something bad happens your team isn't trying to adjust to one player.

post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 10:17 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Even faced with the #'s, hardware, and facts Cartman still persists. Have fun with Mustain. Even with his potential talent he's going to be stifiled into sucking by just being at Arkansas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement