Morales vs. Pacquiao 2 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Morales vs. Pacquiao 2

Just ordered it on PPV for this next saturday night. Gonna be another war!

I love lamp....

03 Black GT Convert. w/style bar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 03:58 PM
Fear the Stashe

Just wish for a good long match, Pacquio would be my pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

$45.00 for the fight. I hope its long too. Last boxing ppv I got was Taver/Jones 3. I got tired of watching jones get punished though. My pick is the the asian too.

I love lamp....

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 04:04 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03GTGUY
$45.00 for the fight. I hope its long too. Last boxing ppv I got was Taver/Jones 3. I got tired of watching jones get punished though. My pick is the the asian too.
FREE PPV

Quote:
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 04:04 PM
Lifer

They are both warriors, I ordered it too.. Im a Morales fan, but his fighting carreer may have peaked a year and a half ago.. should be a good fight to say the least..

post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 04:12 PM
The token Asian guy

Any sports bars showing it? Hooters? Strip clubs?

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 04:30 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by propellerhead
Any sports bars showing it? Hooters? Strip clubs?
I remember Wing House in Addison was showing some PPV the last time i was there..so they probly always show a Boxing PPV everytime one comes on..

Quote:
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 05:36 PM
The token Asian guy

I called Hooters in south Fort Worth and in N Richland Hills, no dice. I called Fox and Hound in south Fort Worth, no dice.

Dammit. I may have to call the strip club.

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Fear the Stashe

Yeah im not sure if any places like those will have a boxing match like that...
Unless its a real big name superstar like Mayweather or Roy Jones, they probly wont buy it..

but thats too bad, i get free ppv..

Quote:
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 01:24 AM
Lifer

my pick is morales by k.o in round number 7.....

i just think morales has too much power and heart for pacquaio.....

TFS heads
TFS cam
Parker intake
Holley carb

It's a 302 btw
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 06:21 AM
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIL_SLOW_RIDING_COUPE
my pick is morales by k.o in round number 7.....

i just think morales has too much power and heart for pacquaio.....
oh hell, we are going to agree on this one then!

winner of 5 out of 9 at the 2007 spring cruise!
winner of 2 out of 4 at Redline 7/21/07
winner of 4 out of 5 at the 10/21/07 fall cruise!
2009 spring cruise- won 1 out of 2 races!!!!!!
2010 spring cruise- 4 wins 2 losses but only raced 1 guy on my list and as usual couldn't find the others!!!!

RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010 you will always be in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 06:34 AM
The token Asian guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
but thats too bad, i get free ppv..
Hook me up!

post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 06:45 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Baby Dolls Dallas shows pretty much every PPV sporting event, might give them a call.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 08:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA DOOM
oh hell, we are going to agree on this one then!

well he does, i think morales is gonna school pacquiao......

i really X 25 doubt he can take morales' punch

TFS heads
TFS cam
Parker intake
Holley carb

It's a 302 btw
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 08:45 AM
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
well he does, i think morales is gonna school pacquiao......

i really X 25 doubt he can take morales' punch
it will be a great fight nonetheless! I was disapointed hearing the cancellations of castillo vs corrales III,jones jr. vs Hopkin's II,and dumbass judah losing there for fuckin' up the showdown with mayweather! although it still might happen!

2010 spring cruise- 4 wins 2 losses but only raced 1 guy on my list and as usual couldn't find the others!!!!

RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010 you will always be in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 08:48 AM

I think Morales will take him.... round 11 ko.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

why did they cancel the hopkins/Jones Jr. fight.

I love lamp....

post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 08:53 AM
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
why did they cancel the hopkins/Jones Jr. fight.
supposedly they had agreed on a 50/50 split but it got all fucked up in the promotional side of it! I forgot the exact details but it did seem logical for both and it would sale on PPV but maybe hopkin's would have an edge this time around mainly cause' of jones jr. recent find of many pieces of Glass in his jaw?

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
supposedly they had agreed on a 50/50 split but it got all fucked up in the promotional side of it! I forgot the exact details but it did seem logical for both and it would sale on PPV but maybe hopkin's would have an edge this time around mainly cause' of jones jr. recent find of many pieces of Glass in his jaw?
id love to watch those two go at it. I missed the first one

I love lamp....

post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 08:19 AM
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
id love to watch those two go at it. I missed the first one
the first fight basically was jones jr. hitting and moving to fast for a green B-hop! way different story now!

post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 09:17 PM
Lifer

Quote:
the first fight basically was jones jr. hitting and moving to fast for a green B-hop! way different story now!

i dunno know on this one.....

roy jones ain't the quick punchin boxer he usto be, but hopkins ain't the same b-hop.... i think i would still pick hopkins.....

damn what happen to judah he hasen't been the same since konsaue* laid his lil ass out

TFS heads
TFS cam
Parker intake
Holley carb

It's a 302 btw
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 07:55 AM
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
i dunno know on this one.....

roy jones ain't the quick punchin boxer he usto be, but hopkins ain't the same b-hop.... i think i would still pick hopkins.....

damn what happen to judah he hasen't been the same since konsaue* laid his lil ass out
I think Hopkins will force a ugly inside fight and try and hit jones oten to rattle him but you just never know? Judah is now on just about every great knockout highlight tape! he's a hit or miss fighter? but what about Morales vs paquio?

post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Time Served

Should be a good one again !!! I'm picking Morales to win again ....
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I think Hopkins will force a ugly inside fight and try and hit jones oten to rattle him but you just never know? Judah is now on just about every great knockout highlight tape! he's a hit or miss fighter? but what about Morales vs paquio?
aww i think morales is gonna dominate the fight....

he has too much heart and power for paquio

i wouldn't mind if the fight goes past 8 rounds though, i would be very supprised but i would not mind at all

TFS heads
TFS cam
Parker intake
Holley carb

It's a 302 btw
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 01:10 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogman
Should be a good one again !!! I'm picking Morales to win again ....
Manny Pacquiao showed him whose boss. TKO in the 10th btw.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 01:52 AM
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
Manny Pacquiao showed him whose boss. TKO in the 10th btw.
another shocker to start off the new year!

post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 10:16 AM
Rolling with the homies

Awesome fight last night. Being Fillipino I was going for Pacquiao. Lot of my friends though were going for Morales. Overall, one of the best fights I've seen in a while. Certainly better than anything I saw in 2005.

Quote:
Pacquiao knocks out Morales to win showdown

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Manny Pacquiao vowed there would be no excuses this time. It turned out he didn't need any.

Throwing punches at every angle, Pacquiao avenged his defeat 10 months ago and handed Erik Morales the worst beating of his career before finally stopping him in the 10th round Saturday night of their 130-pound showdown.
Story continues below ↓ advertisement

It was the first time Morales had ever been stopped in what had been a spectacular career, and it came with a spectacular performance by a Filipino who never stopped punching.

The end came at 2:33 of the 10th round when Morales, who had barely gotten up in time from the first knockdown of the round, was knocked back down with a flurry of punches and referee Kenny Bayles wasted no time in stopping the fight.

"I saw I hurt him every time I hit him in the body,'' Pacquiao said.

Morales face was a mess of welts and he had lumps on his forehead and head after taking the beating of his career. It was the third loss in the last four fights for the Mexican who had held titles in three different weight classes but has been in some bruising fights.

"I was tired because of making weight and I was tired because of all the tough fights I've had,'' Morales said.

Morales (48-4) had beaten Pacquiao in a 12-round decision last March, a loss Pacquiao blamed on problems with his promoter, his taxman and his gloves. He went into the ring Saturday saying he was 100 percent and that there would be no excuses, win or lose.

The first fight was a 12-round brawl, and the rematch promised to live up to expectations early with both fighters trading freely and landing clean shots to the head. Pacquaio was busier, though, and seemed to win some early rounds through sheer volume of punches.

No title was at stake, but a lot of national pride was in a bout that drew 14,618 fans to the UNLV campus arena, many cheering their countrymen on.

As the fight went on it was Pacquaio's supporters doing the most cheering as Pacquaio wore down Morales and landed shot after shot to the head and body.

"I could see he was having problems taking my punches,'' Pacquaio said. "I had no problem taking his.''

Pacquaio (41-3-1, 32 knockouts) landed a big punch in the second round, a left hand that sent Morales backwards and forced him to grab onto the top rope to stay up. Morales also appeared ready to go down at the end of the sixth round after a series of punches in the corner, but bounced off referee Kenny Bayless and stayed upright as the bell sounded to end the round.

As the fight went on, Pacquaio kept the pressure on, and Morales looked increasingly weary. Between rounds, he complained that his legs hurt and his cornermen rubbed them.

Morales' corner tried to get their fighter to keep the pressure on, saying Pacquaio didn't know how to fight backwards. But Pacquaio didn't have to because he stayed in front of Morales, bouncing back and forth and throwing punches at every angle.

"The tide turned in the sixth round,'' said Pacquaio's trainer, Freddie Roach. "I could see Morales was fading from all the body punches and Manny's right hook was beautiful.''

Morales was known all his career as a big puncher who never backed up. But for the last 20 seconds of the ninth round he ran from Pacquaio, trying not to take anymore punishment.

"He's all gone,'' Roach told Pacquaio after the ninth round.

Roach was prophetic as Pacquaio came out and kept the pressure on Morales, whose face was marked by the sheer volume of punches he took. Midway through the round, Pacquaio landed a huge left hand in the middle of a combination that put Morales on the canvas.

Morales stayed there with his arm over a ring rope before finally getting up at the count of nine. Pacquaio was then all over him, landing a flurry that put a defenseless Morales down and ended the fight.

"He hit me with a lot of real good hard shots,'' Morales said. "I got hit in the head a lot.''

Pacquaio made $2 million for the fight, but more importantly kept his stature as a national hero in the Philippines.

"I know everyone in the Philippines is happy,'' he said.
2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 06:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
another shocker to start off the new year!

No shit ....... i think morales' career is going south, sorry to say..... In his prime paquio would of been lucky to make it thru 6......

TFS heads
TFS cam
Parker intake
Holley carb

It's a 302 btw
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 08:44 AM
Time Served

Quote:
No shit ....... i think morales' career is going south, sorry to say..... In his prime paquio would of been lucky to make it thru 6......
all those wars are taking there toll's on him! maybe barrera can avenge his loss and send pac-man into retirement?
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer3
all those wars are taking there toll's on him! maybe barrera can avenge his loss and send pac-man into retirement?

I don't think Barrera will take him. What happened to Raul Marquez? last time he and pacquiao fought, ti was a war! Marquez got knocked down 3 times in the first round and he fought back all 12 rounds and it ended up a draw.
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 02:29 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.BEANer
I don't think Barrera will take him. What happened to Raul Marquez? last time he and pacquiao fought, ti was a war! Marquez got knocked down 3 times in the first round and he fought back all 12 rounds and it ended up a draw.

that was a great fight.....

but marquez got freakin robbed, i would love to see them go at it again......

i'll take marquez over paquiao all day

TFS heads
TFS cam
Parker intake
Holley carb

It's a 302 btw
post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
that was a great fight.....

but marquez got freakin robbed, i would love to see them go at it again......

i'll take marquez over paquiao all day
I don't agree with Marquez being robbed. He was broken down. How many times did Pacquiao get knocked down? How many times did Marguez? I would have loved to have seen 12 rounds and a knockout but I doubt Marquez would be the one standing.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

Sponsored Links
Advertisement