SI Rumour: Vince hasnt hired agent; may return after all? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 01:35 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

SI Rumour: Vince hasnt hired agent; may return after all?

It will be a terrific NFL Draft unless there's some truth to what we read on ProFootballTalk.com's rumor mill about Texas quarterback Vince Young possibly having second thoughts. Young evidently hasn't hired an agent yet and, according to the report, NFL insiders "expect" Texas coach Mack Brown to try to convince Young to change his mind.

I'm calling bullshit on this, but who's to say. Stranger things have happened.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 01:43 AM
Lifer

as much as i wanna see how Vince does in the nfl, i would love to see him in a longhorns uniform, and get another championship, to go along with the heisman...

TFS heads
TFS cam
Parker intake
Holley carb

It's a 302 btw
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 06:37 AM
Lifer

I can't imagine he would be that stupid. His stock will never be higher than it is today. This all sounds like BS.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 06:39 AM
Lifer

Heck Mac said that he told Young "If you were my own son I'd tell you to go to the NFL now."

92 5.0 LX hatch

post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 07:28 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

I'll call bullshit as well.

Mack Brown's comments to the SI reporter went something like, "I think it is very selfish if our team or our fans didn't support Vince Young having a change a multi-millions"
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 07:30 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Anything you get from profootballtalk.com is most likely a croc of shit. I'm saying he enters.

post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 09:42 AM

i know it is BS, but it would be nice to see him come back!!
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

It would make things interesting, but I stick with BS.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Old School

I think this thread is testament to possibly why they started this rumor. (to get people riled up) Ill hold up a small candle in hopes that it is true

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 11:52 AM
Fear the Stashe

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houst...9/daily47.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 02:46 PM
RPM
Time Served

Booooooooooooooooooooomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!!!! !!!!!!!!
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 04:14 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnforce

post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

As in, "Boomer Sooner," as in sooner celebrates moral victory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 01:04 AM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.

he is finding out that in the nfl you don't get to run the zone read shotgun play every down and have to play under center....lol once again he will be a kordell stewart start at qb and either convert to wr or say bye bye to the nfl. he isn't smart enough to play qb on a pro level.

post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 04:15 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

what's your damage?
He's the MVP of the Rose Bowl last year, and the MNC/Rose Bowl this year, the most efficient passer in the nation, the top QB as voted by those in the know....yet you claim TX wins in spite of him.

Is it a race thing?
General penis envy?

WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
he is finding out that in the nfl you don't get to run the zone read shotgun play every down and have to play under center....lol once again he will be a kordell stewart start at qb and either convert to wr or say bye bye to the nfl. he isn't smart enough to play qb on a pro level.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 12:08 PM

VY is 6'5 and will prob weigh in at around 230 by the time he gets to an NFL field.

He's got 4 inches and 25 lbs on Kordell.

What amazes me is that you STILL don't give the guy a chance. He's done just about all you can do at the college level. Is this literally just about the school he goes to?? Just about every major scout has said he has the size and ability to be a pro QB. Sure he's not going to just step right into a starting position, but name the big QB's from the last 2 drafts that are starters. Half of them are still backups.

Give the guy a year or so to learn the system he's plugged into and he'll be fine.

Hell David Carr was ripped coming out of Fresno State for having a low throwing motion and just about every scout had him listed as a guy who would prob have to have major work to get it over the O and D lines heads.

I'm by no means a VY for life fan, but geez, the guy has the size, the talent, and an x-factor that hasn't been seen since Michael Vick. Yet you still relagate him to a one and done too dumb to play in the NFL QB.
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 12:20 PM
Time Served

seriously, what more does this guy have to do to prove himself to people? He's going to be a Mike Vick type QB, but he throws so much better....sounds like a complete package to me

'89 convertible with a few things done
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
Is this literally just about the school he goes to??

For some here, thats all it is about. Since said player wear/wore the burnt orange, they pray for nothing but failure for the guy. Game in and game out, VY has done what he did in the Rose Bowl, yet they still want to claim that hes a one game wonder. Sad aint it?

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 12:49 PM
Meeeeooowww

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnforce
stop it McFly.

we need an '06 pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OUdelorean.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	58276  

post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 12:57 PM
CEO of......

Quote:

it must suck being you nowadays.
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 12:59 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
what's your damage?
He's the MVP of the Rose Bowl last year, and the MNC/Rose Bowl this year, the most efficient passer in the nation, the top QB as voted by those in the know....yet you claim TX wins in spite of him.

Is it a race thing?
General penis envy?

WTF?

when they tried to play him in a more pro style system he struggled he only was able to do well in the zone read shotgun. name one nfl team that runs that offense 80% or more of its plays. you can't. whatever team he goes too is going to have teach him how to play under center and how to throw so he doesn't short himself to about 5'10" or 5'11" and what did brown say about trying to change his throwing motion? he doesn't react to it very well.

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 01:04 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
when they tried to play him in a more pro style system he struggled he only was able to do well in the zone read shotgun. name one nfl team that runs that offense 80% or more of its plays. you can't. whatever team he goes too is going to have teach him how to play under center and how to throw so he doesn't short himself to about 5'10" or 5'11" and what did brown say about trying to change his throwing motion? he doesn't react to it very well.

and being in shotgun is more difficult than being under center. under center you don't have to take your eyes off of coverage to find the ball coming at you. i think(and so does EVERY OTHER sports person in the world) he'll be fine. you need to find something else to pick on him about now. try again please.
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 01:09 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
and being in shotgun is more difficult than being under center. under center you don't have to take your eyes off of coverage to find the ball coming at you. i think(and so does EVERY OTHER sports person in the world) he'll be fine. you need to find something else to pick on him about now. try again please.

wow your football knowledge is lacking. under center you have to turn your back to the defense to do a play action fake or even hand off, and the defense in the nfl almost never show you what they are doing until the snap. so he has about 2 to 3 seconds to read the d and find an open reciever. where as in the shotgun you never really take your eyes off the defense and see it as it unfolds. the shotgun is easier on qb's to read the d and to avoid the blitz

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 01:17 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Tell that to Alex Smith. Ran a shotgun offense at Utah and had to learn how to run an offense from under center once he got to the Niners. The result was 1 touchdown, 11 fumbles and 11 pick's in 165 attempts.

Michael Vick was supposed to be the end all be all, the new prototype QB. Everyone was sucking his dick coming out of college. Now look at him. The only thing he can do is scramble. Until VY actually does something in the NFL, there are going to be skeptics, and rightfully so. How many QB's in the VY mold have succeeded in the NFL? The road is literally cluttered with failures.
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 01:28 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
wow your football knowledge is lacking. under center you have to turn your back to the defense to do a play action fake or even hand off, and the defense in the nfl almost never show you what they are doing until the snap. so he has about 2 to 3 seconds to read the d and find an open reciever. where as in the shotgun you never really take your eyes off the defense and see it as it unfolds. the shotgun is easier on qb's to read the d and to avoid the blitz

i said at reading coverage. if you would quit making general statments and make a post like this. you wouldn't have to explain yourself and post so much. but i think you like doing that though. lol and i have plenty of football knowledge, don't worry about me.

and hollywood, i never thought Smith was that great at utah so didn't expect that much out of him at SF. but i hope he proves me wrong.

and guys, i'm not saying young will come in and dominate from the get go. i'm guessing it'll be AT LEAST 3yrs. at starting before he makes his mark in the league. but i know the first time he plays and the first time he makes a mistake the vy haters will come out of the woodwork here and proclaim themselves the smartest fuckers in the world by saying "I TOLD YALL SO".

not everybody can step into a prime situation like Ben Rothlesburger(sp?)
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 06:24 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
i said at reading coverage. if you would quit making general statments and make a post like this. you wouldn't have to explain yourself and post so much. but i think you like doing that though. lol and i have plenty of football knowledge, don't worry about me.

and hollywood, i never thought Smith was that great at utah so didn't expect that much out of him at SF. but i hope he proves me wrong.

and guys, i'm not saying young will come in and dominate from the get go. i'm guessing it'll be AT LEAST 3yrs. at starting before he makes his mark in the league. but i know the first time he plays and the first time he makes a mistake the vy haters will come out of the woodwork here and proclaim themselves the smartest fuckers in the world by saying "I TOLD YALL SO".

not everybody can step into a prime situation like Ben Rothlesburger(sp?)

I just thought there would have not needed an explanation on this but I was wrong

post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 11:05 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
I just thought there would have not needed an explanation on this but I was wrong

knowing you, i figured you were trying to take it in another direction lol
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 01:41 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
wow your football knowledge is lacking.
...quoth the man who claims Texas won in spite of VY......

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 08:07 AM
Never settle always excel

post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Yeah I agree Hookem I call BS on you for thinking VY will return also, LOL.

Please point to one place in this thread where I said anything but "I call BS." You're bitter and pissed off because you picked agaisnt Texas all year, and all year, you were proved wrong. VagTech for the MNC? LMFAO. Sooner destroying Texas? LMFAO. Texas not having a shot against USC...ROFLMMFAO. I could go with about 50 more of your little predictions, but we all know how they turn out for PT, the antithesis of King Midas.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 08:22 AM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
Please point to one place in this thread where I said anything but "I call BS." You're bitter and pissed off because you picked agaisnt Texas all year, and all year, you were proved wrong. VagTech for the MNC? LMFAO. Sooner destroying Texas? LMFAO. Texas not having a shot against USC...ROFLMMFAO. I could go with about 50 more of your little predictions, but we all know how they turn out for PT, the antithesis of King Midas.

I just think it is funny or better yet pathetic that you'd take the time to post something of this nature. I mean if you think it is BS then why would you post up something you feel is not true? I do believe you are the one who is bitter or pissed. I mean hell Bryce the team you are a fan of won a National Title that is all that needs to be said. I wonder if you desire some form of attention that was not given you as a child. I think you may want to go to ebay and search for a "Life", LOL. Really what else needs to addressed other than you can claim UT to be number one until September?
post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
I why would you post up something you feel is not true?
OH, the irony..........

Quote:
I do believe you are the one who is bitter or pissed.
Yea, Texas winning a NC in baseball and a MNC in football has me all torn up......

Quote:
I mean hell Bryce the team you are a fan of won a National Title that is all that needs to be said.
We're not on a first name basis, so why you continue to do this is puzzling.

Quote:
I wonder if you desire some form of attention that was not given you as a child.
And back to typical PT style....if you can't win with facts, resort to name calling, personal attacks, etc.

Quote:
I think you may want to go to ebay and search for a "Life", LOL.
Quoth the dude who actively watches the Horns hoping for a loss......

Quote:
Really what else needs to addressed other than you can claim UT to be number one until September?
Has nothing to do with "claim." UT is the recognized MNC, period.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 09:25 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Thumbs up

Quote:
Quoth the dude who actively watches the Horns hoping for a loss......
Haha, funny anyways. "LOL"-funny, not "ROFL" or "ROFLMAO" or "LMAO" or anything like that-funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement