yes 2 15.38%
heck no 10 76.92%
maybe 1 7.69%
don't know? 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

how bout trading guerin for gomez?

i heard this rumor, and i wanted to see what you all think, even you hollywood?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 03:08 PM
I'm going Commando

There is no way the Devils would break up the hottest line in hockey. Gomez is an OK center, but even mediocre face off stats would look good for the Stars. I think Guerin just needs to play his way out of his slump. It's a catch-22 situation where he needs ice time, but he needs to produce to get it. Miettinen/Kapanen/Guerin line will do alright...and get Guerin to hustle all the time, he coasts from time to time and that line will keep his legs moving.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 03:23 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

No way.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 03:26 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

If the Devils are willing to do it, Dallas should be too. Gomez has only been in the league, what, 6 years? He's a stud. I've also heard rumors of the Avs possibly trading to pick up Jose Theadore (sp?). He didn't play last night and the Habs' GM travelled with the team which he rarely does.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Gonna go with Ryan on this one. Guerin is in a bit of a slump right now, but I wouldn't give up on him just yet. I've never been a big Gomez fan and Guerin provides more toughness than Gomez. You guys just lost some toughness with the Erskin trade, would be an unwise move on the part of the stars to drop another tough player for a guy like Gomez.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 03:39 PM
I'm going Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Gonna go with Ryan on this one. Guerin is in a bit of a slump right now, but I wouldn't give up on him just yet. I've never been a big Gomez fan and Guerin provides more toughness than Gomez. You guys just lost some toughness with the Erskin trade, would be an unwise move on the part of the stars to drop another tough player for a guy like Gomez.

Like I said to you earlier, I think the Niinimaa trade is the first in a chain of moves. Gomez is a solid player, good 2nd line center, but Guerin is a top liner on most teams, but I will say this, the Stars will trade someone with a decent salary. Adding Niinimaa added about a million more to the Stars payroll. They have ZERO wiggle room in regards to injury. I havent found anything else to that Skoula for Kozlov trade...but it wouldn't surprise me if the Stars were shopping either Skoula or Niinimaa.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 03:53 PM
-----------------------

No way. Guerin is in a slump, but so was Modano.....for an entire year. He will come back around.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Lifer

Actually the one I have heard from a couple people is Boucher for Gomez and then making a deal with Nashville. To add a little on the Guerin to the Devils tho, wont happen because of the burnt bridges between Lou Lamarillo and Guerin.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 05:36 PM

Hell no!! Guerin may be in a slump, but he is more physical that Gomez. plus, he does have that veteran leadership. Slumps happen, no big deal.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood

My thoughts exactly
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 09:33 PM
Raiden Wins

That would be a stupidass trade....and to RyanB, the Devils have supposively been shopping Gomez for a while. For some reason they feel he just doesn't fit in with the team. And I don't think they'd be sending him back to his former team. If anything, the Stars will probably trade for more Fins so they can brag about how many Fins they have.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
07 TBSS

The Devils definately have issues right now, but as far as he's not fitting in w/ the team, how long has he been there? From what i can tell the devils are still the most intact team since the strike( I might be wrong, most likely am). Im surprised they are doing as bad as they are.

07 TBSS mods inc
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

i like guerin alot, he's a very physical power foward. when he gets hot watch out! im just curious what the stars do before the trade deadline.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement