David Carr to Miami for Ricky Williams? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

David Carr to Miami for Ricky Williams?

I read about this over on hornfans. I think its purely rumor/speculation, but that would be a HUGE trade for the Texans and allow them to pick VY #1. Discuss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 01:58 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Ricky Williams is a pothead, and I saw something on ESPN (just a caption) that said "T.O. Not a Good Fit for Miami" or something like that. I dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 02:00 PM
What Can Brown Do For You

Woohoo... I would love to see Ricky Williams in Houston and then pick up Vince Young in the draft!

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
Ricky Williams is a pothead, and I saw something on ESPN (just a caption) that said "T.O. Not a Good Fit for Miami" or something like that. I dunno.
I know that T.O. isn't gonna get traded to anyone. Why give anything up when you can just wait for him to get cut and become a Free Agent?
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 02:04 PM
190hp4banger

I think it COULD happen, and it actually does make SOME sense for everyone involved. The only thing that I don't understand is the whole David Carr contract extension. Why play Charades with him if they're gonna dump him? They've got nothing to gain by playing shell games, or do they?
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 02:25 PM
Lifer

The Texans dont need another QB. David Carr would be EXCELLENT if he had ANY fucking line to defend him. He is a great QB, he just has so many godamn sacks because no one can fucking block on that team. Whatever they get, they need to trade off for 3 linemen.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 02:40 PM
Is it cold in here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by regaltip
Woohoo... I would love to see Ricky Williams in Houston and then pick up Vince Young in the draft!

VY's career would be short in Houston!

[email protected] on some 275 60's!
http://media.putfile.com/Neely-tulsa-final-round001
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 02:46 PM

I dont see this deal happening, Carr could be a good QB with some time to throw and Houston just gave him all that money. Miami is not going to trade Ricky(who had a pretty good year) they have an excelent one-two punch with him and Ronnie Brown and Ricky is making the league minimum.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 02:55 PM
Time Served

I dont see that trade happening.... it would be nice to see though...
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Caddy Pimp

Why would Houston trade for Rickey Williams when they have a better, younger running back in Dominick Davis? Doesnt make much sense for them.
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSVT03
Why would Houston trade for Rickey Williams when they have a better, younger running back in Dominick Davis? Doesnt make much sense for them.
Dominick Davis is aight, but I think Ricky Williams has much more upside to him seeing as how long he was out of football and how well he did even though he missed the first 4 games of the season.

Comparision:

Dominick Davis:

230 carries for 976 yards
88.7 yards per game
4.2 yards per carry
2 TD's
1 Fumble, 1 Fumble Lost

Ricky Williams:

168 carries for 743 yards
61.9 yards per game
4.4 yards per carry
4 TD's
1 Fumble, 1 Fumble Lost

Last edited by SVTVenom; 01-11-2006 at 03:35 PM.
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 03:34 PM
Caddy Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Dominick Davis is aight, but I think Ricky Williams has much more upside to him seeing as how long he was out of football and how well he did even though he missed the first 4 games of the season.

More upside? Rickey is 4 or 5 years older than Dominick and on the downside of his career.
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSVT03
More upside? Rickey is 4 or 5 years older than Dominick and on the downside of his career.
Wrong.

Dominick Davis, born Oct. 1, 1980

Ricky Williams, born May 21, 1977

Ricky is only a little over 2 years older.
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 03:45 PM
What Can Brown Do For You

Quote:
Wrong.

Dominick Davis, born Oct. 1, 1980

Ricky Williams, born May 21, 1977

Ricky is only a little over 2 years older.
i don't see why Houston would go for it... Miami needs a QB and Houston needs Vince Young. Oh and my AFC team is Miami so it would be a good thing.
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 03:46 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

When the worst you can do is draft Reggie Bush, I think you are doing aok.

Why Young makes sense:
1. Houston boy. Texas favorite. Both the owner's boys went to UT and would be pissed if daddy took Bush.
2. Kubiak coming to town. Arguably the best coach to have for QBs.
3. Carr is awright but he isn't Young. Young sits on the sidelines next year, Carr continues to get booed. Carr is traded at the end of the season. With Kubiak running the show, Carr's stock goes up and Texans make a great trade.
4. If they don't pick Young he most likely goes to the Titans and the Texans get to see him twice a year including one in his hometown. Very scary.
5. Bush will hate living in Houston after living in SoCal.

Why Bush makes sense:
1. Carr is awright.
2. Davis and Bush in the backfield is a pretty powerful combination. Regardless of who is in, you have a huge threat back there.
3. Any fans disappointed that they didn't take Young will think again once they see him play.

I initially thought they should take Bush but I'm starting to see the light of getting Young and keeping Carr around for a year.
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 03:48 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Forget Football Skills . . . Financially, Rickey Williams is worth DICK!!! As soon as he works off what miami owes him, they're going to release him and he'll be a back up if he even gets a contract. He's a worse liability than TO because he DOES have mental problems and can go AWOL at anytime.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
Forget Football Skills . . . Financially, Rickey Williams is worth DICK!!! As soon as he works off what miami owes him, they're going to release him and he'll be a back up if he even gets a contract. He's a worse liability than TO because he DOES have mental problems and can go AWOL at anytime.
He seemed to do just fine this year while T.O. was on his way to meltdown before the season even started. It ain't like T.O. wouldn't just not show up to anything either with some of the antics he's pulled in the past.
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 04:08 PM
Lifer

Quote:
He seemed to do just fine this year while T.O. was on his way to meltdown before the season even started. It ain't like T.O. wouldn't just not show up to anything either with some of the antics he's pulled in the past.
Say what you want about T.O. but you can not say that he doesnt play hard and doesnt want to be on the field. As far as this trade you said, to me its up there with your Bledsoe to the Saints trade. Carr is a good qb who doesnt complain about his situation in Houston and if given time can be a solid player. Davis and Williams might have comparable rushing numbers also but you didnt account for what Davis does receiving also. The only knock on Davis would be he is injury prone.
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 04:27 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8

miami is my team and last year I would have agreed with you, but watching ricky run this year he looks like he did in his 2nd year at texas. nick isn't going to trade ricky for just some qb, now if SD wanted to trade their qb then yea all for it, but not david carr. the only way ricky goes anywhere is for a 1st round pick and or 1st round type player. and nick wants TO and rumor has it they are trying to talk trade with the eagles but not sure for whom.

post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
miami is my team and last year I would have agreed with you, but watching ricky run this year he looks like he did in his 2nd year at texas. nick isn't going to trade ricky for just some qb, now if SD wanted to trade their qb then yea all for it, but not david carr. the only way ricky goes anywhere is for a 1st round pick and or 1st round type player. and nick wants TO and rumor has it they are trying to talk trade with the eagles but not sure for whom.
Cartman actually has something good to say about a Texas player........
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 05:43 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Cartman actually has something good to say about a Texas player........

I like alot of texas players, I don't hate texas just not my favorite team and I couldn't stand all the people on here blabbing about this and that, and even after the game they are still doing it, if you have to ask for respect then maybe you don't deserve it.

but ricky, priest, roy, derrick, and a few others those are the only ones I can think of right now.

post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 09:08 PM
Fear the Stashe

worst thread evar..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 10:57 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
worst thread evar..
You're a fucking idiot
post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 01:16 AM
The Rise Of COBRA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
David Carr is better than Phillip Rivers. David Carr would take the Dolphins into the playoffs. Miami just needs a quarterback period...

post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 09:40 AM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
You're a fucking idiot
how?
Did you see the extension Houston gave Carr?
That doesnt matter right?

This is just another fantasy for another Horn fan to see 2 Horns in the backfield for Houston....

Why the hell would you want Ricky?
DO you know he's only back in football to pay his debt right?

Why would you want an idiot pot head in your backfield anyways..
Oh wait,because hes a Longhorn

Let houston take Reggie Bush or Vince Young..they need an O-Linemen alot more then they need any of those guys..

Quote:
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 09:41 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

LMAO at that picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 10:14 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

LOL, that's greatness

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
how?
Did you see the extension Houston gave Carr?
That doesnt matter right?

This is just another fantasy for another Horn fan to see 2 Horns in the backfield for Houston....

Why the hell would you want Ricky?
DO you know he's only back in football to pay his debt right?

Why would you want an idiot pot head in your backfield anyways..
Oh wait,because hes a Longhorn

Let houston take Reggie Bush or Vince Young..they need an O-Linemen alot more then they need any of those guys..
Ok, you must be REALLY stupid if you think that Ricky Williams is the only athlete that has smoked pot in the NFL. I can safely say that there are plenty of players that currently smoke pot in the NFL and don't get caught.

Everyone, no matter what position they are in, deserves forgiveness and a second chance. He's trying to make amends for what he's done so let it alone. Like we all haven't done something stupid once in our lives.

You can't deny the accolades the guy has nor the athletic ability he still possess. Dominick Davis is a backup RB on just about any other NFL team. Ricky Williams is a proven starter.

Yes, the Texans need O-Lineman in a desperate way, but the draft is not the be-all-end-all of getting good and decent O-Lineman.
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 11:26 AM

are there better pot dealers in houston than in miami?
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 11:30 AM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Ok, you must be REALLY stupid if you think that Ricky Williams is the only athlete that has smoked pot in the NFL. I can safely say that there are plenty of players that currently smoke pot in the NFL and don't get caught.
Where did i say nobody in the NFL smokes except Ricky Williams?

Yeah thats what i thought.............

It's not like the Media Doesnt bring up Majuana on other players right?

Charles Rogers - Caught
Onterrio Smith - caught
Randy Moss - Admited
Derek Ross - Caught

Remember nate Newton & Mark Stepnoski back in the day...
A very good DT for LSU just got caught the other day for Majuana...but your right, i did say Ricky Williams is the only person who smokes in the NFL

Theres alot bigger list, but too lazy to post

Quote:

Last edited by unkoricky; 01-12-2006 at 11:38 AM.
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 11:36 AM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasstars281
are there better pot dealers in houston than in miami?

Quote:
post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Where did i say nobody in the NFL smokes except Ricky Williams?

Yeah thats what i thought.............

It's not like the Media Doesnt bring up Majuana on other players right?

Onterrio Smith - caught
Randy Moss - Admited
Derek Ross - Caught

Remember nate Newton & Mark Stepnoski back in the day...
A very good DT for LSU just got caught the other day for Majuana...but your right, i did say Ricky Williams is the only person who smokes in the NFL

Theres alot bigger list, but too lazy to post
No, I just think its rediculous that you and everyone else in the world makes a big deal out of a guy making a mistake. Yes, other people have been caught, but thats not even close to the amount that haven't been caught.

Again, this thread isn't about "Who smokes/has smoked pot in the NFL."
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Fear the Stashe

and again, why would Houston trade there pick to a FORMER pot head who is only in the league to pay back his debts?

Quote:
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 12:08 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Ricky may be a pothead, but, why would he put all the work in to getting back in shape, etc, just to play to pay his debts? He's not going to put in all that work just to come in and half ass it. Given the opportunity, he's still one of the best backs in the league. It would, however, be dumb for Houston to go after a big name like Ricky when they have a good back in Davis already. What Houston should do is bypass Young AND Bush, go after a Reciever in the 1st round and some O-lineman in later rounds. They need to beef up their O-line badly. David Carr could've had success on any playoff team in the NFL this year. The dude is gifted, he's just been behind a shitty line for the past...his whole career. IF they bring in Kubiak, you will notice a huge improvement in their offense, but in the same, if they don't make some drastic changes to their line, they'll be Fucked three ways toward the weekend just like they have been.

post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 12:11 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90StangLX5.0
Ricky may be a pothead, but, why would he put all the work in to getting back in shape, etc, just to play to pay his debts? He's not going to put in all that work just to come in and half ass it. Given the opportunity, he's still one of the best backs in the league. It would, however, be dumb for Houston to go after a big name like Ricky when they have a good back in Davis already. What Houston should do is bypass Young AND Bush, go after a Reciever in the 1st round and some O-lineman in later rounds. They need to beef up their O-line badly. David Carr could've had success on any playoff team in the NFL this year. The dude is gifted, he's just been behind a shitty line for the past...his whole career. IF they bring in Kubiak, you will notice a huge improvement in their offense, but in the same, if they don't make some drastic changes to their line, they'll be Fucked three ways toward the weekend just like they have been.

I agree..but thats also sayin why did Ricky spend all those years playing football in High School to college to Nfl to just give up for weed?

But yea, you pretty much nailed it all in your post on some parts..Great post man

They need O_line in the 1st and WR in the other rounds help badly..Andre Johnson can do it all..

Quote:
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

With getting Ricky they could dangle DD for trade bait....2nd/3rd round pick and get an O-Lineman. They also have Morency from Ok. State.
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 12:45 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
I agree..but thats also sayin why did Ricky spend all those years playing football in High School to college to Nfl to just give up for weed?

But yea, you pretty much nailed it all in your post on some parts..Great post man

They need O_line in the 1st and WR in the other rounds help badly..Andre Johnson can do it all..
If Tony Baselli (sp?) wouldn't have had to retire, the situation would be different. I wouldn't waste a 1st round pick on an offensive lineman though. For that matter, since there aren't any Larry Fitzgeralds or Anquan Boldins in this years draft, I wouldn't even waste a 1st round pick on a reciever. But in my opinion, coming from someone who isn't a Texans fan, just merely stating my opinion, they have enough in Carr and DD. It would be a waste of talent for them to go and draft Young or Bush. Great teams aren't made over night, and one great college player doesn't always amount to a great NFL player. And one great college player very rarely, if ever, makes a team that much better.

post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 12:47 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
With getting Ricky they could dangle DD for trade bait....2nd/3rd round pick and get an O-Lineman. They also have Morency from Ok. State.
That would be a dumb move. You don't give up DD for Ricky. DD by himself is not very appealing to most teams as tradebait unless you toss in a low round draft pick.

post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 01:02 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90StangLX5.0
If Tony Baselli (sp?) wouldn't have had to retire, the situation would be different. I wouldn't waste a 1st round pick on an offensive lineman though. For that matter, since there aren't any Larry Fitzgeralds or Anquan Boldins in this years draft, I wouldn't even waste a 1st round pick on a reciever. But in my opinion, coming from someone who isn't a Texans fan, just merely stating my opinion, they have enough in Carr and DD. It would be a waste of talent for them to go and draft Young or Bush. Great teams aren't made over night, and one great college player doesn't always amount to a great NFL player. And one great college player very rarely, if ever, makes a team that much better.

Yeah but there a One offensive linemen who can improve the line greatly and he's being praised as much as Orlando Pace came out...and yes it's been that long since a monster O-Linemen has came out like that..
I take that back Robert Gallery was praised pretty high also..

But if i were Houston, id trade down a few spots, pick up alot more value and select
D'Brickashaw Ferguson...As you know i think reggie bush is a great player, but D'Brickashaw Ferguson is the right pick for Houston....Even Vick or Young would get sacked behind that Houston O-Line..

Quote:
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 01:04 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

D who? What the fuck? Who named that poor kid??

I think it would be wise for them to trade down a few spots too. There are A LOT of teams licking their chops at Reggie Bush and Vince Young right now. They might get a good O-lineman out of it too.

post #41 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 01:34 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Woody Paige on ESPNs 1st and 10 just said EXACTLY what I did.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement