Ufc 56 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
P1

Ufc 56

that was a pretty good show...although the horrible heavyweights they ahd before the main event were terrible.....the KO that Rich Franklin put on Nate Quarry was prolly one of the worst ones i have ever seen

Oh! A phoneg is ringin....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 11:33 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo'syellow4.6
that was a pretty good show...although the horrible heavyweights they ahd before the main event were terrible.....the KO that Rich Franklin put on Nate Quarry was prolly one of the worst ones i have ever seen
It wasn't a bad event overall. The Prangley/Horn fight was a bit of a bore in the 3rd round and neither one of them were very dominant. I really couldn't understand the booing over the decision as it was a very close fight.

I had no idea how small Sean Sherk was until the GSP fight. He got owned pretty badly and I expect GSP to finally beat Hughes when he gets his rematch.

The HW fight was TERRIBLE. The KO was nice but Kevin Jordan is a fucking can. I hope we don't see either of these guys again. They were obviously so concerned about their conditioning they were unwilling to engage.

I was suprised to see how easily Hughes subbed Riggs. I think it is finally safe to say that Joe Riggs has zero ground game unless he's GnP'ing the fuck out of people from the top position.

I thought the Franklin/Quarry fight might be a little more competitive but not completely suprised. Quarry's KO loss was reminiscent of the Tank/Matua fight in the earlier UFC days. I actually felt bad for Nate.

The announcements were pretty fuckin huge! Frank Mir has been gone for way too long and finally gives AA a credible opponent. I was shocked to see that Zuffa and Tito could come to terms for a 3 fight contract and ties to the TUF3 show. Hopefully Ken and Tito don't kill each other and overshadow the new season. BJ fuckin Penn coming back is gonna be great. Talk about a wildcard in the WW division. This division is totally stacked.
post #3 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
P1

im just getting into the thing i've only been watching since the 1st season of TUF so i have no clue who BJ Penn.....i think GSP is one of the few people who might be able to take hughes belt....also with a bit more experience i bet Diego Sanchez could give him a run for his money

post #4 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 12:32 PM
Your Daddy

BJ Penn moved up from the 155 lb class and choked out Matt Hughes in the 1st round. Up until that point, Hughes had cleaned out the 170 lb division.
After BJ won the title, he wanted to fight in another organization. So UFC stripped him of the title. Since then, BJ moved up to the 185 lb class and beat 2 of the gracies. Then moved to the heavyweight class and lost a decision to a guy who KO'd Rich Franklin.

He is a badass and should give st. pierre and hughes more competition in the 170 lb class.

Good show overall. Some of the fights werent as exciting as others but that will happen.

All I know is UFC 57 will be the shit!! and I cant wait to see it live!!
post #5 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
P1

as in you are gonna be there?>

post #6 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 04:15 PM
Oooooooh-whee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt93Cobra
Hopefully Ken and Tito don't kill each other and overshadow the new season.
So I take it they really don't like each other. I saw that and was praying the UFC wasn't trying to pull some pro-wrestling acting bullshit on us. It just seemed so staged. If they hate each other that much, Season 3 should be quite interesting.

8/16/05
post #7 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 05:06 PM
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums
So I take it they really don't like each other. I saw that and was praying the UFC wasn't trying to pull some pro-wrestling acting bullshit on us. It just seemed so staged. If they hate each other that much, Season 3 should be quite interesting.
yeah, that little segment between tito and ken seems staged imo

post #8 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
P1

i heard they've always been like that.....they have always hated each other

post #9 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 06:52 PM
Your Daddy

It's not staged. Check out UFC 40 to see why. lol
post #10 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 06:55 PM
Your Daddy

Here is Ken's face after the fight.

post #11 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 09:50 PM
Oooooooh-whee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced89lx
Here is Ken's face after the fight.

Damn.

8/16/05
post #12 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 05:01 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Too bad Ken will likely get pwned again.
post #13 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 05:24 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Too bad Ken will likely get pwned again.
No shit! It sucks seeing him decline over the past decade. Back in the day he was a badass IMO. I remember him and Royce going at it. Tito is like the Terrell Owens of MMA, and it sucks seeing him pound on a legend.

F T S
post #14 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
P1

damn...that looks painful

post #15 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 08:06 AM

The sight you all seen Saturday night wasn't staged. I watched that fight on PPV and Tito gave Ken the beating of his life. Tito actually towards the end had several chances to take Ken down for the win, but he actually wanted to beat on Ken until he submitted but after the continuous beating he was taking the referee called the fight. That pic above doesnt give it any justice........Kens face was F_CKED UP!!!! he had knots everywhere.........The reason they hate each other so much is because yrs ago Tito beat some fighter in the Lions Den and turned around and gave 2 middle fingers to the guys team and that's when Ken leaned over the fence and was yeling "You're a punk, you have no respect,etc etc" and Tito just sat there smiling at em' That's what started it all.

UFC 57 will BY FAR be the best show EVER!.
I think that unless R. Couture takes Chuck down early, he'll get knocked out again. His time has come and gone and IMO he's too slow for Chuck. He's going to have to jump inside those punches quick and take Chuck down fast or he wont last. Randy is a champion ALWAYS HAS BEEN, but like I said, his time has just come and gone. He's still a legend no matter what....

I couldnt begin to say who'll win out of Mir and the Pit Bull, but I know they are both tough, and that fight wont go to the end.

I've never seen or heard of BJ Penn but I guess the way everyone talks, he's suppose to be pretty good. I did automatically lose respect for him though when he entered the octagon with the shirt that read "The Champ is here" on the front and "Back by popular demand" on the back. I think the same thing will happen to him that did with Tank Abbott comming back. Tank talked all kinds of sh_t on the UFC saying that none of the fighters impressed him, and he came back and got his a__ whipped in the 1st round. BJ Penn doesnt realize that since he's been gone, Matt Hughes has gotten better and G. St Pierre has gotten better so he better not do like Tank did or Jeremy Horn did talking sh_t on Chuck Liddell and also got his a__ beat..........

Even though Vitor Belfort has lost to R. Couture, C. Liddell, and Tito, he's my favorite fighter and he's went the distance with all of them. I just wish that he was still around instead of making soap operas.....lol

I think Tito will whip Ken again but if Ken is smart he wont try to go toe to toe with Tito. Ken will have to submitt him (which I think is what he'll do) I just dont have any idea how Spike TV is going to have them both as coaches because them 2 cant even be in the same room as each other, much less spend 12 or however many weeks together...lol.
post #16 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 08:43 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalInjection
The sight you all seen Saturday night wasn't staged. I watched that fight on PPV and Tito gave Ken the beating of his life. Tito actually towards the end had several chances to take Ken down for the win, but he actually wanted to beat on Ken until he submitted but after the continuous beating he was taking the referee called the fight. That pic above doesnt give it any justice........Kens face was F_CKED UP!!!! he had knots everywhere.........The reason they hate each other so much is because yrs ago Tito beat some fighter in the Lions Den and turned around and gave 2 middle fingers to the guys team and that's when Ken leaned over the fence and was yeling "You're a punk, you have no respect,etc etc" and Tito just sat there smiling at em' That's what started it all.
Don't forget when Tito wore the infamous...."Gay Mezger is my Bitch" t-shirt.

Quote:
I couldnt begin to say who'll win out of Mir and the Pit Bull, but I know they are both tough, and that fight wont go to the end.
I think Mir has quite a way to go in order to get back into shape to deal w/AA. Mir's gas tank has always been somewhat poor and he's been out of action a long time. AA is a Sambo guy so I think he will be able to handle Mir's BJJ. I think AA will win the fight by TKO.

Quote:
I've never seen or heard of BJ Penn but I guess the way everyone talks, he's suppose to be pretty good. I did automatically lose respect for him though when he entered the octagon with the shirt that read "The Champ is here" on the front and "Back by popular demand" on the back. I think the same thing will happen to him that did with Tank Abbott comming back. Tank talked all kinds of sh_t on the UFC saying that none of the fighters impressed him, and he came back and got his a__ whipped in the 1st round. BJ Penn doesnt realize that since he's been gone, Matt Hughes has gotten better and G. St Pierre has gotten better so he better not do like Tank did or Jeremy Horn did talking sh_t on Chuck Liddell and also got his a__ beat..........

I have NO PROBLEM w/what BJ did. He pwned Hughes and was stripped of his belt for fighting outisde of the UFC (K-1). He has quite an underground following and is a badass. He choked out Hughes in his first fight at 170 after moving up from 155lbs. That's pretty incredible. This isn't even comparable to Tank. That guy hasn't beaten anyone aside from Cabbage since 1995/6. You're talking about a 1-dimensional fighter w/zero ground game. BJ has beaten some very good fighters. ie: Hughes, Gomi, 2 Gracies, Caol Uno, and Din Thomas.
post #17 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 09:51 AM

Oh I agree that BJ Penn is obviously good if he beat all of them, but you have to realize that you cant go off of whos he's beaten. Look at the list Shamrocks beaten and he got his ass beat by R. Franklin in the first round. At the time R.Franklin wasnt really anyone anybody knew. I'm not saying BJ Penn will get his ass beat but I can bet he wont beat Hughes as fast this time around. I think Pierre will give him a better fight.......
post #18 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 10:00 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
Oh I agree that BJ Penn is obviously good if he beat all of them, but you have to realize that you cant go off of whos he's beaten. Look at the list Shamrocks beaten and he got his ass beat by R. Franklin in the first round. At the time R.Franklin wasnt really anyone anybody knew. I'm not saying BJ Penn will get his ass beat but I can bet he wont beat Hughes as fast this time around. I think Pierre will give him a better fight.......
I don't get into the A beat B therefore......that wasn't really my point. You said you had never heard of or seen BJ fight so I was only giving examples of some good wins he has had.
post #19 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 10:53 AM
Your Daddy

I've got the Penn-Hughes fight. I'll upload it tonight and let you guys see it for yourselves.

BJ PENN WILL OWN THE 170 LB DIVISION. mark my words.
post #20 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 10:54 AM

Cool..........I havent really been on this site long enough, but what does

pwned <------------- mean ???
post #21 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 10:59 AM
AHMO!

Bj penn is going to be a force to be concerned with for Hughes and ol GSP. I wish they would put him in there with Trigg so I could see Trigg get choked out for a 4th straight time!
post #22 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 11:01 AM
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
pwned <------------- mean ???
it means owned

post #23 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 11:08 AM
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
I've got the Penn-Hughes fight. I'll upload it tonight and let you guys see it for yourselves.
<-----can hardly wait

post #24 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 11:08 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_redhotcobra_x
<-----can hardly wait
it's a damn good fight...even though hughes is my fav fighter...
post #25 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 11:18 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Bj penn is going to be a force to be concerned with for Hughes and ol GSP. I wish they would put him in there with Trigg so I could see Trigg get choked out for a 4th straight time!
Poor Frank Trigg. That guy has the worst luck. I hope the UFC will bring him back soon as he's really a good fighter but just can't hang w/the likes of GSP and Hughes.
post #26 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 12:10 PM

I'd like to see Belfort and V. Silvia go at it again. THe first time Belfort crushed him but I know Sivia is a lot better, but I'd still like to see a rematch.

I wonder why UFC and Pride dont hold fights together. They'd make more money IMO.

So if pwned means owned, why is the "p" there, unless it was a typo ??
post #27 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 12:14 PM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
I'd like to see Belfort and V. Silvia go at it again. THe first time Belfort crushed him but I know Sivia is a lot better, but I'd still like to see a rematch.

I wonder why UFC and Pride dont hold fights together. They'd make more money IMO.

I really don't think that the UFC is willing to pony up the money to bring over some of the best from Pride. Those guys make a lot of money since the sport is so big over there.

Here is an explanation of pwned:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pwned
post #28 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 12:37 PM
Your Daddy

Pride thinks that their fighters are very superior to the UFC. You also have different rules, fighting in a ring vs a cage, etc. I would like to see them put on shows together but im sure it more difficult than that.

BTW Silva would kill Belfort in a rematch. Vitor isnt the same as he was back in the early UFC's.

Quote:

post #29 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 12:40 PM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
Pride thinks that their fighters are very superior to the UFC. You also have different rules, fighting in a ring vs a cage, etc. I would like to see them put on shows together but im sure it more difficult than that.

BTW Silva would kill Belfort in a rematch. Vitor isnt the same as he was back in the early UFC's.
Not to mention that Pride rules don't seem to fly here in the U.S. I also agree that Vitor would get beat in a rematch. He is not the same fighter and has lacked that explosiveness he once had. I think he is a product of being a much better fighter than the rest of the UFC competition from back in the day. If you look at his record, it's somewhat obvious. He was just fighting at a much different level and looked great against guys like Tank and Scott Ferrozzo.
post #30 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 03:39 PM
Hero in a half shell

Quote:

Silvia and Silva are two different people

post #31 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Your Daddy

ya, no shit..
vanderlei silva fought vitor belfort. that is who I am referring to..
post #32 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 07:10 PM
Your Daddy

heres a link to bj penn vs matt hughes from ufc 46.

http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...K2JZ2CANE0O6CE
post #33 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 07:35 PM
Time Served

Quote:
heres a link to bj penn vs matt hughes from ufc 46.

http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...K2JZ2CANE0O6CE
I remember that fight. Matt Hughes is a great fighter, but damn I love watching him get beat. I guess because you don't see it very often.

F T S
post #34 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 10:31 PM
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
ya, no shit..
vanderlei silva fought vitor belfort. that is who I am referring to..
ok just checking because for a moment I thought you meant silvia based on another post you quoted

post #35 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 08:22 AM

If you could, please post up that link. My computer wont let me open it. I forgot all about the different rules between the UFC and Pride and now that I think about it, I dont think they'll ever fight like that. To me the Pride fighters would end up getting disqualified for stomping on the ground, grabbing the opponents back of the head while kneeing. etc........

I would like to see Chuck Liddell fight V. Silva........After the Liddell/Couture 2nd fight, I heard Liddell say he wanted to knock out Silva. I think that a UFC fighter could go to Pride, but not the other way around......

As far as the Belfort/Silva rematch, I'd like to see it.......I wont say who would or wouldnt win, and noone really knows for a fact but I dont see Belfort getting his ass beat, considering he's went the distance with Liddell, Couture, and Ortiz....If he did lose, it wouldnt be easy........
post #36 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 08:51 AM
Your Daddy

If that link doesn't work, then it must have hit its limits. send me your email address and I will email it to you when I get back home...
post #37 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 06:53 PM
Your Daddy

the link is still working. try again. you should be able to click on download button once that page loads.
post #38 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 11:14 PM
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
the link is still working. try again. you should be able to click on download button once that page loads.
great fight

do you have any other links with some really good UFC or Pride fights to download?

post #39 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 07:13 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_redhotcobra_x
great fight

do you have any other links with some really good UFC or Pride fights to download?
Here is HL of the Crow.

http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...M2KGNZ9803D6W1

GSP HL
http://s10.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...73UUNTJYMGQ9FQ

Chute Boxe Vs BTT (Pride)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=59RCA7T4

The 20 Greatest comebacks in Pride and the UFC (of all time)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=319BI1UX

^^^This is a 127mg video but is the best I have ever seen. It is a must-have and one that I show to newbies to try and get them hooked on MMA.
post #40 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 08:51 AM
Your Daddy

Here is a link to a page where a bunch of highlight makers had a contest.
this is round 1
http://sh5.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9098

round 2
http://sh5.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9731

round 3
http://sh5.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10367

these are all highlights. i have lots of events and single fights on my hard drives. anything in particular that you are looking for?
post #41 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 09:16 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Here is HL of the Crow.

http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...M2KGNZ9803D6W1

GSP HL
http://s10.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...73UUNTJYMGQ9FQ

Chute Boxe Vs BTT (Pride)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=59RCA7T4

The 20 Greatest comebacks in Pride and the UFC (of all time)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=319BI1UX

^^^This is a 127mg video but is the best I have ever seen. It is a must-have and one that I show to newbies to try and get them hooked on MMA.
That comeback video is the shit! It brings back some memories. Thanks for sharing.

F T S
post #42 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 06:36 PM
I drive a fookin Honda

Here are the medical suspensions that resulted from UFC 56 I found posted on an MMA site for anyone who is interested. (Info originally came from NSAC website)

Nate Quarry - nasal fractures 6 months unless cleared by a doctor, minimum 2 months

Kevin Jordan - lip laceration 6 weeks

Sean Sherk - nasal laceration 2 months

Trevor Prangley - right hand 6 months unless cleared by a doctor, minimum 2 months

Ansar Chalangov - 6 weeks

Keith Wisniewski - 2 months
post #43 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 08:28 AM
Oooooooh-whee

Quote:
anything in particular that you are looking for?

You would happen to happen to have the Ortiz v Shamrock fight would you? I'm curious too see Tito's style after seeing Shamrocks face.

8/16/05
post #44 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 10:29 AM
Your Daddy

i have the whole event but not sure if i have the fight separate. I can find it, but its going to be a pretty big file and not sure where to upload it to.
post #45 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 10:47 AM
Oooooooh-whee

I may just try and find a used copy of UFC 40.

8/16/05
post #46 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 11:02 AM
Hero in a half shell

thanks for the links!

post #47 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 11:37 AM
Your Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums
I may just try and find a used copy of UFC 40.
check your pm's.

give me a few minutes. i'll upload Tito's fight vs Frank Shamrock, a preview for ufc 40 and ill try to upload tito vs ken (still downloading).
post #48 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Your Daddy

http://s45.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...U06FWLW8ZW02G2

promo for ken vs tito from ufc 40
post #49 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 12:12 PM
Oooooooh-whee

Quote:
Damn. That explains it.

8/16/05
post #50 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 01:53 PM
Your Daddy

this file is 110mb so it might take a bit to download but definitely worth it. this is Frank Shamrock vs Tito Ortiz from ufc 22. ( Sept.1999)

http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...30OC0LBROUWQW0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement