OU Tech////9 seconds, Tech's down 4 on the OU 3 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

OU Tech////9 seconds, Tech's down 4 on the OU 3

3:2 says Fran would kick it......

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Time Served

WOO HOO Tech wins!!!!

06 Cummins, Bully Dog'd!

Suck, Squeeze, Boom, Blow!!
Even internal combustion can sound naughty!
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

http://www.ousucks.com/downloads/NoneSuckMoreThanOU.mp3
None Suck More Than OU

Paper cuts, lawn darts, soap scum, broken hearts,
AIDS, ants, humidity, John Tesh, stupidity,
Liars, lies, lice, goth,
Priapism, pessimism, the ice monster on Hoth,

The price of gas, the price of rent, "The Price is Right," the plague,
The Unabomber, Jeffrey Dahmer, sinusitis, squeaky brakes,
Out-of-order ATMs, PMS, MSG,
DUI, double-dippers, floods, flies, flats, fleas.

All of these things they suck it's true,
But none suck more than O.U.

Going bald, halitosis, infomercials, notes with Post-It®s,
Tom Green, earthquakes, allergies, rats, snakes,
Dead-beat dads, Celine Dion, car dings, "Neon" Deon,
Fabio, rubberneckers, taxes, faxes, non sequiturs,

404 (not found), converting Dong to British Pounds,
Having back hair, being broke, road rage, religious cults,
Fraud, crack, war, SIDS, DOS, gnats, warts, zits,
Rust, debt, guilt, spam, asbestos and dishpan hands.

Hanson, Charles Manson, hockey, non-stick pans that stick,
Mistaking cooking powdered chocolate when you want a Nestlé® Quick,
Having to work on holidays, hiccups, jock itch, hurricanes,
Jihad, the fourth "Vacation" movie, L. R. Hubbard, Nazis, pain,

Beggars, bums, and hobos, paparazzi, pop-up ads,
Burnt popcorn, pot holes, propaganda, Botox®, bow ties, and boy bands (like New Kidz),
Chiggers, cheaters, beepers, and dry heaving in the can,
The spins, and dander, and panhandlers, and dandruff, Rather, Dan.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 01:58 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Looks as if both teams don't know how to close out a win and Tech ended up on the lucky side of things.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 02:26 PM
BOOMER SOONER!

im not one to bitch about refs, but that was the biggest fuck jobs ever. 4th & 4, tipped ball & that guy was CLEARLY almost a full yard short. Gotta love the called TD in the corner that was bobbled RIGHT in front of the ref, luckily he was overruled there. Oh well, that's the breaks guess. But, I think it was clear who they were "pulling" for down the stretch.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 02:53 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder99TA
im not one to bitch about refs, but that was the biggest fuck jobs ever. 4th & 4, tipped ball & that guy was CLEARLY almost a full yard short. Gotta love the called TD in the corner that was bobbled RIGHT in front of the ref, luckily he was overruled there. Oh well, that's the breaks guess. But, I think it was clear who they were "pulling" for down the stretch.
You shouldn't need to blame the refs. You need to blame your weak stick 'D'. They had the game won with less than a minute and a half to go in the game and they blew it.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 04:07 PM
M0DERAT0R

Nice game!

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 04:35 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Yeah, oh well..cant do nothing now.

LOL, i love how that one ref said that guy caught a TD when he was bobbling that ball..Im pissed but as long as the Sooners improve, thats all im asking for.

Tech was favored by the refs and the media is already raising hell on em(espn, abc , radio)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 04:43 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
as long as the Sooners improve, thats all im asking for.

I am sure the other Big 12 fans like the "improvement" too.

From pre season top ten right out of the top 25. Higher is better right?
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couver
I am sure the other Big 12 fans like the "improvement" too.

From pre season top ten right out of the top 25. Higher is better right?
Top 10? You mean, Top 5.

By the way, nice "location" entry....

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 06:49 PM
BOOMER SOONER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
You shouldn't need to blame the refs. You need to blame your weak stick 'D'. They had the game won with less than a minute and a half to go in the game and they blew it.
that "stick" D held them on 4th down which would have sealed the game, but were fucked by the refs plain & simple. OU's D is far from perfect, but the held the nation's most productive offense in check pretty well today.

Oh well though, can't change shit now.
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 06:58 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
that "stick" D held them on 4th down which would have sealed the game, but were fucked by the refs plain & simple. OU's D is far from perfect, but the held the nation's most productive offense in check pretty well today.

If they were so good at holding them in check then they shouldn't have been in any down and goal situation with the game on the line and seconds to go.

As the saying goes: "Don't let the game go to the ref's or judges because you never know what they'll do or how they saw the game."
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

I've been to games at Gaylord Memorial, or whatever it is....
Sooner complaining about getting fucked by the refs is like a bank robber complaining of getting mugged after he does a job.

Quote:

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 07:31 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Sooner complaining about getting fucked by the refs is like a bank robber complaining of getting mugged after he does a job.
LOL! Nice analogy.
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 08:17 PM

The refs didn't cost us the game, they didn't help it either though. I would like to be in the room when they review the game with the refs and ask the guy how the hell he called that a touchdown when the reciever clearly never had the ball. It would be funny. I also liked the offsides on the defense call when when the 0-lineman moved before they came across on Tech's second touchdown drive. Followed by the late hit when the qb wasn't out of play yet. He didn't lay into him or anything, he pulled up and made contact before he was out (the contact continued as they went out as many plays on the sidelines do). You can't play the game based on "oh I think he is going to step out" because then you give up another yard when the player takes one more step. But the bottom line is, OU didn't get the job done.

As far as the seeing improvement goes. We were overrated at the beginning of the season. With as many players that left from last years team and having the QB situtation that we did to start the season, being ranked as high as we were to start was kind of funny. We have made improvements as the year has gone by, but there are definately signs of inexperience still. I am going Norman for the game next week and I can't wait.

BOOMER SOONER!

Jason

(Oh, and I've never heard a Longhorn fan complain about a call. )
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonB

(Oh, and I've never heard a Longhorn fan complain about a call. )

damn it...[kerpal] you shut up, damn guy![/kerpal]

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 09:18 PM
No, I don't have a turbo

Just got home from the game.. Wife liked the outcome (she's a Techsan) and I didn't.. She was a good sport about it, but I have to wear Tech gear to the game next year in Norman. This was our 8th game as a couple, and even with the loss, I'm still 6-2.

I enjoyed the game with the exception of the officiating. The last quarter was one of the best I have seen in a while. OU let the game get away by letting them move the ball at all on the last possession.

Lots of emotion, some good football, some windburn, and a long drive home. That's how my day went.

boomer sooner..

Punxsutawney Jesus, Illuminati Elitist
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 10:30 PM
BOOMER SOONER!

awesome clip on ESPN a while ago, ref that called the TD on the goal line couldn't see the play because of Tech's tight end blocking his line of site, yet he ran in & made the call anyway.
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 01:07 PM
Lifer

if your a tech fan henderson made it by the nose of the football, if your a sooner fan he was stopped at the 5 yardline.... there was aLSO SOME BS plays ou did , holding amendola in the endzone he would have scored , and imagonwannagetya ...lol sp was all over jarret hicks a play before that and still almost score the touchdown , I say if you cheat you should be punished I dont think tech deserved to win the game with damn interceptions in the endzone crap and brinkley doing everything he could to make up for ou not moving the football during the game he had 30 yards of penalties in one drive
Im happy for henderson cause he needed to go out that way
still loved all that drama...

1995 cobra bolt ons red with black cloth 1.76 60'

13.27 at 102.83 6123' air ... in shop getting procharged d1sc canfield heads etc etc
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy532
if your a tech fan henderson made it by the nose of the football, if your a sooner fan he was stopped at the 5 yardline.... there was aLSO SOME BS plays ou did , holding amendola in the endzone he would have scored , and imagonwannagetya ...lol sp was all over jarret hicks a play before that and still almost score the touchdown , I say if you cheat you should be punished I dont think tech deserved to win the game with damn interceptions in the endzone crap and brinkley doing everything he could to make up for ou not moving the football during the game he had 30 yards of penalties in one drive
Im happy for henderson cause he needed to go out that way
still loved all that drama...
There were a couple of pass interference calls on OU in the end zone when both players were pushing and shoving, should have been called on both and off set. Regardless, there were bad calls both ways, I hate to see a great game like that be so poorly officiated and have an effect on the outcome.
I still think it should be a rule that cameras should be set on both sides of the field at the goal lines and if possible (depending on the stadium) a camera up above the line. If they are going to use replay, which I like, they need to set it up so it is as good as it possibly can be. I don't think any of the three angles they showed on TV yesterday gave a good look at the play. I'm not sure if the guys in the booth get other views, but my understanding is they show every angle available to them on tv as well.

And I'm a Sooner, so I say he was short by 5 inches!

Jason
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 03:40 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
I know you're a loyal UT fan, and I cheer for them too. You can't possibly tell me that was a touchdown that TTech got at the end of the game though.

post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 06:06 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonB
There were a couple of pass interference calls on OU in the end zone when both players were pushing and shoving, should have been called on both and off set. Regardless, there were bad calls both ways, I hate to see a great game like that be so poorly officiated and have an effect on the outcome.
I still think it should be a rule that cameras should be set on both sides of the field at the goal lines and if possible (depending on the stadium) a camera up above the line. If they are going to use replay, which I like, they need to set it up so it is as good as it possibly can be. I don't think any of the three angles they showed on TV yesterday gave a good look at the play. I'm not sure if the guys in the booth get other views, but my understanding is they show every angle available to them on tv as well.

And I'm a Sooner, so I say he was short by 5 inches!

Jason
lol yeah im a tech fan and I say he was short by a lace...

I felt like I was watching a dallas cowboys game , Ive seen them play and win 58 minutes of a game and just loose those last two minutes of the 4th quarter...

13.27 at 102.83 6123' air ... in shop getting procharged d1sc canfield heads etc etc
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 07:10 PM
Clown

Just got back from Lubbock. Still trying to get the dirt out of my eyes. Being a Tech fan only because they are exciting to watch and that my wife went to school there I guess that I could have somewhat of a neutral opinion. First, Tech should have never let OU back in the game to start with. Credit there goes to the OU defense. Second Tech's defense though improved, seems to slow down quite a bit when the game goes on and is still having trouble stopping the run. Last but not least, The refs had some bad calls both on Tech and on OU. Looks like the refs let them play and it turned up bad for OU.
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 07:39 PM
Time Served

I am not an OU fan, but they got the shaft in this game yesterday. Nobody lost this game for them but the officials.
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 09:42 AM
Lifer

The drive back home from that shit hole town of Lubbuck, was probably the most miserable 6 hours of my life.

Texas Tech won the ballgame. No doubt about it. If Oklahoma didnt want the officials to determine the outcome of the game, they should have played better the entire game.

But with that said........

Never in my entire life have I seen something so blatently obvious, in the deliberate miss calls in this ballgame. There is a HUGE difference in an official making a "bad" call, or "missing" a call. But what took place on Saturday, was a group of officials that had an Ulterior Motive.

It is easy to question the compantacy of an official, but for the first time in my life, I am questioning the integrity of these officials.

AP announced this morning, that there will be an official investigation by the NCAA, and the Big 12 Conference.

post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

This thread is sooooooo dripping with irony.

Someone who went to OU, in NORMAN, has the gall to call ANYWHERE a shithole town???? If you look up "Shithole town" in webster's, it has a picture of Norman, OK right there.

And Sooner calling for an investigation and questioning integrity.........LMFAO!
Are you serious? Do you not see how much home cooking you get served up in a year, every year?

The officials did not determine the outcome of the game. I've seen the still shots....the dude scored. Period. Mix in a little defense, and you won't keep racking up L's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BRINGIT
The drive back home from that shit hole town of Lubbuck, was probably the most miserable 6 hours of my life.

Texas Tech won the ballgame. No doubt about it. If Oklahoma didnt want the officials to determine the outcome of the game, they should have played better the entire game.

But with that said........

Never in my entire life have I seen something so blatently obvious, in the deliberate miss calls in this ballgame. There is a HUGE difference in an official making a "bad" call, or "missing" a call. But what took place on Saturday, was a group of officials that had an Ulterior Motive.

It is easy to question the compantacy of an official, but for the first time in my life, I am questioning the integrity of these officials.

AP announced this morning, that there will be an official investigation by the NCAA, and the Big 12 Conference.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org

Last edited by HookEm; 11-21-2005 at 11:36 AM.
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 11:33 AM

I'd take Norman anyday Vs. Lubbock
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
You can have Norman and their 3.2 beer. I'll take Lubock, and I'm no huge fan of it.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 11:40 AM
Time Served

i was there! front row 10 yrd line by the final play! it was too close to see from 20 yrds from the officials.. you may think it was luck and thats fine, i agree the call coulda gone the other way but QUITE FRANKLY all that matters was that tech won in the end and we're the ones going to the cotton bowl...
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 11:47 AM

Quote:
You can have Norman and their 3.2 beer. I'll take Lubock, and I'm no huge fan of it.
Actually I'd rather Norman cause of it's proximity to alot more action than Lubbock.

Kinda like how San Marcos has Austin to play at. Norman can make a short trip up to OKC. Which is in no direct comparison to Austin, but there's still a hell of alot more going on in OKC than in the texas panhandle
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Norman can make a short trip up to OKC. Which is in no direct comparison to Austin
That may be the understatement of time infinite.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 11:59 AM
M0DERAT0R

The only good thing about Norman is that it is only a few hours away from Texas.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 12:49 PM
Time Served

touché
post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 01:17 PM
Lifer

lubbock>norman, both are better then stillwater though, stillwater sucks
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Stillwater has Eskimo Joe's......

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotino15
lubbock>norman, both are better then stillwater though, stillwater sucks

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 01:28 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Someone who went to OU, in NORMAN, has the gall to call ANYWHERE a shithole town????
Yes. Its still REAL easy to do. I think I witnessed the poverty line move right before my eyes on Friday night.

Quote:
I've seen the still shots....the dude scored. Period.
I dont have any beef with them calling it a touchdown. When reviewed, there wasnt conclusive evidence whether it WAS or WAS NOT a touchdown. So the ruling stood.

The issue lyes within the 3 previous calls to that play. (That allowed them the oppurtunity to have the ball on the 2)

Quote:
Mix in a little defense, and you won't keep racking up L's.
Like when it was 4th and 3. And they made the stop?

Either way, its over and done with. You can jump up and down, and try to convey how much your distaste for OU is. Thats great.....but if it was your squad and everything played out exactly how this did, you would swear to your death that it was wrong. (and you would be right)

post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 03:59 PM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
Yes. Its still REAL easy to do. I think I witnessed the poverty line move right before my eyes on Friday night.
Was the poverty line a convoy of mobile homes headed to Oklahoma?

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Lifer

Quote:
id tske lubbock anyday over your 100º and 80% humidity in the summer over there

post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 10:16 PM
Lifer

Quote:

I dont have any beef with them calling it a touchdown. When reviewed, there wasnt conclusive evidence whether it WAS or WAS NOT a touchdown. So the ruling stood.

The issue lyes within the 3 previous calls to that play. (That allowed them the oppurtunity to have the ball on the 2)

Like when it was 4th and 3. And they made the stop?

Either way, its over and done with. You can jump up and down, and try to convey how much your distaste for OU is. Thats great.....but if it was your squad and everything played out exactly how this did, you would swear to your death that it was wrong. (and you would be right)
I like how the oklahoma defenders held the recievers in the endzone two or three times on that drive , I think they got punished for being chickenshit. If I was going for a touchdown and someone grabbed my arms and held me either in the game or after the game someone is getting a helmet thrown at them... oh well its over and tech won I would love to have a game , where the refs had no outcome in the game and that touchdown they called when the reciever bobbled the ball was bs , ill admit that one, and a generous spot on the amendola catch , I turned the channel while they reviewed it...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement