8. LSU
9. Alabama
10. West Viriginia
11. Michigan
12. UCLA
13. Notre Dame
14. TCU
15. Minnesota

I'd say most of that top 15 is acceptable except for Va Tech being ranked over Miami.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 02:34 PM
M0DERAT0R

The computers do not take last year into consideration when rating this year's teams.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 02:35 PM

Looks ok to me. Just wish TCU was up to at least 10.

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrjames
They might have been if they would have gotten it done against SMU.
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
They might have been if they would have gotten it done against SMU.

True. See what 1 screw up will cost you? Dumbasses!!
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 03:06 PM
Good times

Fluckin' OSU

n/a
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 04:06 PM
BOOMER SOONER!

OU is in at #25, not bad considering how they started the year. If they can take a win at Tech, it looks like this "shitty" team can get a Cotton Bowl bid.'

BOOMER SOONER!!!
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 04:15 PM
Back To Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT Lurch
Fluckin' OSU
I second that!

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Interesting:

1. Texas
2. USC
3. Penn. State
4. Virginia Tech
5. Miami
6. Ohio State
7. Oregon
8. LSU
9. Alabama
10. West Viriginia
11. Michigan
12. UCLA
13. Notre Dame
14. TCU
15. Minnesota

I'd say most of that top 15 is acceptable except for Va Tech being ranked over Miami.
very interesting!!!
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 08:13 PM
Time Served

They would be in the top 5 had they not lost to SMU.
Quote:
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlofton
They would be in the top 5 had they not lost to SMU.
I'm still crying over that shit!
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 08:28 PM
Time Served

Yeah, thats the second time here recently that has happend. The other time TCU was very good was with LT, and they lost 1 game.
Quote:
I'm still crying over that shit!
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 08:30 PM
Time Served

And if TCU went Undefeated they would pretty much be assured a BCS game like Utah got last yr.
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 08:45 PM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
Interesting:

1. Texas
2. USC
3. Penn. State
4. Virginia Tech
5. Miami
6. Ohio State
7. Oregon
8. LSU
9. Alabama
10. West Viriginia
11. Michigan
12. UCLA
13. Notre Dame
14. TCU
15. Minnesota

Where did you get this info I found a site that makes that look all kinds of wrong!
http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/bcs_standings.html
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
The computers do not take last year into consideration when rating this year's teams.
Hey Mayor of La La Land tell your boy Venom to check ESPN talk about posting like a dip shit, did you two make that shit up? ESPN says BCS =

1. USC
2. Texas
3. Miami
4. Penn State
5. LSU
6. Virginia Tech
7. Ohio State
8. Alabama
9. Notre Dame
10. Oregon
11. UCLA
12. West Virginia
13. Auburn
14. TCU
15. Michigan
16. Georgia
17. Fresno State
18. Louisville
19. Texas Tech
20. Wisconsin
21. Minnesota
22. Florida
23. South Carolina
24. Boston College
25. Oklahoma
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 08:52 PM
Recovering Lush

Doesn't it clearly say "BCS COMPUTER ratings?
Reading is FUNdamental, indeed.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Hey Mayor of La La Land tell your boy Venom to check ESPN talk about posting like a dip shit, did you two make that shit up? ESPN says BCS =

1. USC
2. Texas
3. Miami
4. Penn State
5. LSU
6. Virginia Tech
7. Ohio State
8. Alabama
9. Notre Dame
10. Oregon
11. UCLA
12. West Virginia
13. Auburn
14. TCU
15. Michigan
16. Georgia
17. Fresno State
18. Louisville
19. Texas Tech
20. Wisconsin
21. Minnesota
22. Florida
23. South Carolina
24. Boston College
25. Oklahoma

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 08:56 PM
Recovering Lush

Don't forget the Jim Whacker debacle in the 80s...they had a helluva team.....but, they didnt cheat so well......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlofton
Yeah, thats the second time here recently that has happend. The other time TCU was very good was with LT, and they lost 1 game.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Doesn't it clearly say "BCS COMPUTER ratings?
Reading is FUNdamental, indeed.....
Go back and read the very first post there bubba, it is titled BCS Computer Rankings, it made no mention of rating. So then you click on ESPN where it states Rankings in really nice black letters, so then you ask yourself who started this thread and what word did he use? Answer = Rankings, if this all to much for you I understand, remember Reading is FUNdamental
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 09:05 PM

I love this board!
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Go back and read the very first post there bubba, it is titled BCS Computer Rankings, it made no mention of rating. So then you click on ESPN where it states Rankings in really nice black letters, so then you ask yourself who started this thread and what word did he use? Answer = Rankings, if this all to much for you I understand, remember Reading is FUNdamental
Dude, you have to be the biggest dumbass in the world. Every other person in this thread knew what I had posted up, EXCEPT YOU.

The entire BCS is made up of: ESPN/USA Today Poll, Harris Interactive Poll, and BCS Computer Rankings.
post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 09:23 PM
M0DERAT0R

"Rankings" vs "Ratings" semantics from a guy who misspells more words than a cat walking on a keyboard.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 09:55 PM

Quote:
"Rankings" vs "Ratings" semantics from a guy who misspells more words than a cat walking on a keyboard.
Dude don't play that shit LOL. Hookem came on here stating reading is fundamental and didn't even read the fucking post. I can't help it if someone is destined to make themselves look like an ass, LOL. Attention to detail is key Captain Correction You know I consider you my biggest fan!
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 10:03 PM
Recovering Lush

im speechless....rankings v ratings, when you don't understand that this is the BCS MINUS the polls...thus, the COMPUTER notation.

Where is the smiley with the guy banging his head on the wall?

Silly aggy.

You're posting the complete BCS breakdown, when this thread is OBVIOUSLY the COMPUTER side only.

It's rather obvious who actually read the thread, and who didn't.

Quote:
Dude don't play that shit LOL. Hookem came on here stating reading is fundamental and didn't even read the fucking post. I can't help it if someone is destined to make themselves look like an ass, LOL. Attention to detail is key Captain Correction You know I consider you my biggest fan!

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org

Last edited by HookEm; 11-14-2005 at 10:49 PM.
post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 08:01 AM

Quote:
im speechless....rankings v ratings, when you don't understand that this is the BCS MINUS the polls...thus, the COMPUTER notation.

Where is the smiley with the guy banging his head on the wall?

Silly aggy.

You're posting the complete BCS breakdown, when this thread is OBVIOUSLY the COMPUTER side only.

It's rather obvious who actually read the thread, and who didn't.
I have seen you flame the shit out of people for a typo or small missed detail. If at any point the heat in the kitchen becomes too much step outside. If he meant ratings he should have started the posting off with the word rating not ranking. There is a definitive difference between a BCS rating versus a BCS ranking. Your pathetic defense of said words is a joke.

Don't expect any consideration when you are the one who lives to flames others. Good gosh man, just admit you are wrong and stop trying to flip-flop this BS. I think you hated Kerry because you are too much like him. Come correct or go home, if you slip up others will treat you like you treat them, if this is all to much for you there is a decision to be made.

One is you can click on the x in the upper right and let it go, number two is you can change how you treat others and bag on them for simple mistakes then watch others give you a break, three continue on being the way you are and get flamed when you have a typo or incorrect detail. Pick your poison and stop crying.
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 09:38 AM
Recovering Lush

You amaze me.
Just...fucking amazing.
You come in a thread about the BCS COMPUTER rankings..ratings..whatever...and you post the complete BCS. Ranting on about Mayor's in Lala LAnd and the whole 9 yards. THEN it's some wild ass tangent about ratings and rankings and whatever else.....everyone in thsi thread is laughing at you. Are you just not reading the posts, or are you being intentially hard-headed? Just fucking stop, while you're not too far behind.....you're arguing about the diffence between how a computer ranks you, versus how a computer rates you, after bringing in the human side of the BCS, in a thread that was about the COMPUTER side only. He started the thread off with the fucking word computer...it can't possibly be that hard to get.

And I assure you..I'm not the one crying, or who needs to worry about how they treat others, or carry themselves in this forum. And speaking of, chill the fuck out and try to have a good time now and again in this forum ....you remember what was said...you don't want ME moderating YOU, do you?
[]

Quote:
I have seen you flame the shit out of people for a typo or small missed detail. If at any point the heat in the kitchen becomes too much step outside. If he meant ratings he should have started the posting off with the word rating not ranking. There is a definitive difference between a BCS rating versus a BCS ranking. Your pathetic defense of said words is a joke.

Don't expect any consideration when you are the one who lives to flames others. Good gosh man, just admit you are wrong and stop trying to flip-flop this BS. I think you hated Kerry because you are too much like him. Come correct or go home, if you slip up others will treat you like you treat them, if this is all to much for you there is a decision to be made.

One is you can click on the x in the upper right and let it go, number two is you can change how you treat others and bag on them for simple mistakes then watch others give you a break, three continue on being the way you are and get flamed when you have a typo or incorrect detail. Pick your poison and stop crying.
[COLOR=Red][SIZE=7]

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 09:41 AM
M0DERAT0R

PT is in his own world. Even the aggies on the board do not come to his defense.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 09:45 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
PT is in his own world. Even the aggies on the board do not come to his defense.
[Animal House] Germans? Pearl Harbor???

Forget it, he's rolling.....[/Animal House]

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 02:25 PM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
Face it Hookem you dropped the dall on the details and got handled.
lol

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 02:32 PM
M0DERAT0R

HAHA, nice delete for the save, PT.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 02:32 PM

Quote:
You amaze me.
Just...fucking amazing.
You come in a thread about the BCS COMPUTER rankings..ratings..whatever...and you post the complete BCS. Ranting on about Mayor's in Lala LAnd and the whole 9 yards. THEN it's some wild ass tangent about ratings and rankings and whatever else.....everyone in thsi thread is laughing at you. Are you just not reading the posts, or are you being intentially hard-headed? Just fucking stop, while you're not too far behind.....you're arguing about the diffence between how a computer ranks you, versus how a computer rates you, after bringing in the human side of the BCS, in a thread that was about the COMPUTER side only. He started the thread off with the fucking word computer...it can't possibly be that hard to get.

And I assure you..I'm not the one crying, or who needs to worry about how they treat others, or carry themselves in this forum. And speaking of, chill the fuck out and try to have a good time now and again in this forum ....you remember what was said...you don't want ME moderating YOU, do you?
[]

[COLOR=Red][SIZE=7]
Wow take it easy there guy! Now don't start it unless you intend to finish it. Stop coming after me on every other post with that nit picky bullshit then trying to pull the moderator card when you get your chain pulled, LOL. I was told to not personally attack you and I haven't, if you can't handle a simple debate without going off on a tangent and threatening to be a moderator then this is your problem. I could care less if you were a moderator but if you simply wish to become a moderator to stop me it proves just how much I have gotten to you and how far you would go to stop my posts. That is very weak at best, you don't intimidate me Hookem.
post #31 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 03:27 PM
P1

according to foxsports.com

BCS Standings

1 USC 10-0
2 Texas 10-0
3 Miami (FL) 8-1
4 Penn State 9-1
5 LSU 8-1
6 Virginia Tech 8-1
7 Ohio State 8-2
8 Alabama 9-1
9 Notre Dame 7-2
10 Oregon 9-1
11 UCLA 9-1
12 West Virginia 8-1
13 Auburn 8-2
14 TCU 10-1
15 Michigan 7-3
16 Georgia 7-2
17 Fresno State 8-1
18 Louisville 7-2
19 Texas Tech 8-2
20 Wisconsin 8-3
21 Minnesota 7-3
22 Florida 7-3
23 South Carolina 7-3
24 Boston College 7-3
25 Oklahoma 6-3

Oh! A phoneg is ringin....
post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 03:36 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Where did you get this info I found a site that makes that look all kinds of wrong!
LMFAO, click on the link you just posted.

On that chart, under your link, go over to the 4th column titled "Computer Rankings" (it is greyed out making easier for you to spot).

Now under this column, you will see 8 total sub-columns. On the far right you will see "Avg. Computer Rank". Second row, you will find Texas. It reads 1.

So, in conclusion, Texas is ranked #1 in the BCS Computer Rankings...much like the title to this thread depicts.

Last edited by exlude; 11-15-2005 at 03:44 PM.
post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 03:39 PM

Not trying to keep the flame war alive here and not taking sides... but the topic and content of SVT's post didn't lead me to believe anything other than the 1-15 computer avgs without the human 2/3rds factor. *shrug*
post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 03:40 PM
Recovering Lush

Why must you be so........so PT?
Did ya miss the winky?
You really think I'm on some kind of mission to "Stop you"?????
I'm not trying to be funny, but I know that the FWISD has pretty good mental health benefits...I'm sure DISD does, as well. It was a joke...meant to lighten the mood...thus the little winky doodle. No one wants to intimidate you, any more than they want to intimidate a jar of mayonaise. This is not a simple debate, as you stated. This is you being obtuse to the point of ridicule, after being offered out, after out, after out.
I'm sorry you can't read the thread title. I'm mystified as to how you got it in your head that the complete BCS you posted (while thumping your chest and proclaiming someone to be LA LA LAnd's Mayor) somehow minimized the original point. That being that the computers, free of bias, have Texas ranked at #1, and USC at #2.

Quote:
Wow take it easy there guy! Now don't start it unless you intend to finish it. Stop coming after me on every other post with that nit picky bullshit then trying to pull the moderator card when you get your chain pulled, LOL. I was told to not personally attack you and I haven't, if you can't handle a simple debate without going off on a tangent and threatening to be a moderator then this is your problem. I could care less if you were a moderator but if you simply wish to become a moderator to stop me it proves just how much I have gotten to you and how far you would go to stop my posts. That is very weak at best, you don't intimidate me Hookem.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 03:40 PM
not exclude

Here, I made it easy for you PT:
post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 03:44 PM

Quote:
I do find it humorous that even with all of the semantics about what rankings, ratings, standings, blah blah mean that even in that link you provide they officially call the section that this whole thread is discussing the 'Computer Rankings'
post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Why must you be so........so PT?
Did ya miss the winky?
You really think I'm on some kind of mission to "Stop you"?????
I'm not trying to be funny, but I know that the FWISD has pretty good mental health benefits...I'm sure DISD does, as well. It was a joke...meant to lighten the mood...thus the little winky doodle. No one wants to intimidate you, any more than they want to intimidate a jar of mayonaise. This is not a simple debate, as you stated. This is you being obtuse to the point of ridicule, after being offered out, after out, after out.
I'm sorry you can't read the thread title. I'm mystified as to how you got it in your head that the complete BCS you posted (while thumping your chest and proclaiming someone to be LA LA LAnd's Mayor) somehow minimized the original point. That being that the computers, free of bias, have Texas ranked at #1, and USC at #2.
Dude if having at it with me wasn't part of your daily agenda then you wouldn't come in a try to prove me wrong on every little post you can. I am not making anything up just go back through your own posts where you have tried to make me out to be a liar only to show up short. I don't need an out from you, you nit pick the smallest shit in the world when people mispell something or forget to capitalize, so who the hell are you to tell someone they are incorrect for being detail oriented. Try using the right word and be detail correct. Ranking versus rating is the key, just acknowledge the fact the post was started wrong and I'll drop it. I agree the rating is that Texas is number one but the ranking is not, it states Texas is number 2, remember it is all in the details. The opening line in this thread says rankings not ratings pay attention to the word usage, try reading what was originally posted, maybe we are both right? Maybe the word computer satifies your claim and the word ranking satisfies my rebuttal, do you agree with that?
post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Try using the right word and be detail correct. Ranking versus rating is the key, just acknowledge the fact the post was started wrong and I'll drop it. I agree the rating is that Texas is number one but the ranking is not, it states Texas is number 2, remember it is all in the details. The opening line in this thread says rankings not ratings pay attention to the word usage, try reading what was originally posted, maybe we are both right? Maybe the word computer satifies your claim and the word ranking satisfies my rebuttal, do you agree with that?
But he's not wrong... click on the link you provided...

Why is it that we are all wrong when the official release has it listed as computer rankings??

And technically after all 3 parts are avg'd out you have the BCS 'Standings'

But that's just what the official BCS calls it... they could be wrong too
post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 04:16 PM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
Here, I made it easy for you PT:
It's still not easy for him. Can you circle where it says "Computer Rankings"?

Quote:
you nit pick the smallest shit in the world when people mispell something
lol

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 04:18 PM
not exclude

Talking

Update:
post #41 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Apparently they don't take head to head either (VTech ranked over Miami). Maybe after USC beats UT in the Rose Bowl, Texas will still rank above USC (or the other way around with UT beating USC and USC being ranked higher)? Good thing they have the human polls to fix the computer's mistakes. Haha.

Jason
post #42 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
But he's not wrong... click on the link you provided...

Why is it that we are all wrong when the official release has it listed as computer rankings??

And technically after all 3 parts are avg'd out you have the BCS 'Standings'

But that's just what the official BCS calls it... they could be wrong too
Where's PT's explanation this time
post #43 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 11:12 AM
M0DERAT0R

You should know by now that when PT realizes he is wrong, he'll pretend to not see the post.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #44 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 01:47 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
You should know by now that when PT realizes he is wrong, he'll pretend to not see the post.
LMAO at you guys. Can't everyone just hug, have a beer, and get over it???

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
post #45 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 02:11 PM
M0DERAT0R

No, we would argue over who's internet beer is colder and more refreshing.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #46 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 09:14 PM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
Quote:

1. USC
2. Texas
How was SVTVenom wrong? That's not the BCS Computer Rankings!

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #47 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 10:20 PM
M0DERAT0R

Talking

Quote:
How was SVTVenom wrong? That's not the BCS Computer Rankings!
chirp chirp

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #48 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

David, I guess since Va Tech has no shot at the National Title it kinda pissed in his Wheaties and thats why he's so mad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement