So, Tech and Texas? - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
So, Tech and Texas?

I'm not writing this to rub it in to Tech for losing saturday, first off.

But what do you t-sips who said you deserved being #1 after beating a VERY overrated Tech team have to say for yourselves now? Still going to stick to YOUR BIASED guns that Tech is a good team? Still going to say that I shouldn't be able to talk College Football Ever? Funny, it seems more and more of what I say is coming true.




BTW: My "SHOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO TALK COLLEGE FOOTBALL" Ass will predict A&M will lose 55-10. So STFU about that BS. Oh, and yes, I did predict Tech to win based on OkSU sucking so much previously.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960


Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.


Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.


"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill


The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 07:01 AM
M0DERAT0R
 
Boss Hogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Hazzard County
Posts: 19,655
Maston, calm down with the roid rage.

Texas has the #1 Scoring Offense and the #6 Scoring Defense with an average margin of victory of +35 points despite calling off the dogs early in the second half in almost every game. USC is below Texas in each of those catagories.

P.S. A&M Sucks!

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
Boss Hogg is offline  
post #3 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
Maston, calm down with the roid rage.

Texas has the #1 Scoring Offense and the #6 Scoring Defense with an average margin of victory of +35 points despite calling off the dogs early in the second half in almost every game. USC is below Texas in each of those catagories.

P.S. A&M Sucks!
Voters don't seem to think that way. So you still think beating Tech meant you were .0007 #1?

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960


Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.


Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.


"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill


The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
 
post #4 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 08:21 AM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
Voters don't seem to think that way. So you still think beating Tech meant you were .0007 #1?



that really bothers you doesn't it? the fact that texas was actually ranked #1 for one damn week? it's really going to bother you when they're ranked #1 on jan. 5 huh? LOL
bert89coupe is offline  
post #5 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
that really bothers you doesn't it? the fact that texas was actually ranked #1 for one damn week? it's really going to bother you when they're ranked #1 on jan. 5 huh? LOL

No, it bothers me that I'm the ONLY mother fucker on this fucking board that makes VALID SPORTS POINTS and you fuckers claim I'm Aggie Biased, yet everything that I say is based on FACT.

I guess you're going to claim that OkSU is underated because they beat a "good" tech team, and they had the lead on #2 t.u. at the half.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960


Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.


Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.


"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill


The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
post #6 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 08:26 AM
M0DERAT0R
 
Boss Hogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Hazzard County
Posts: 19,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
Voters don't seem to think that way.
Yes, they do. A&M didn't get one vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
So you still think beating Tech meant you were .0007 #1?
Yes, I agree.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
Boss Hogg is offline  
post #7 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
Yes, I agree.
YOU SHOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED TO POST ABOUT COLLEGE FOOTBALL PERIOD

FUCKING MORON!!!

Your best sports point made yet is that A&M sucks, but a fucking 4 year old knows that.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960


Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.


Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.


"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill


The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
post #8 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 08:35 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn
 
ZYouL8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Laughlin AFB
Posts: 5,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
No, it bothers me that I'm the ONLY mother fucker on this fucking board that makes VALID SPORTS POINTS
You and Pro Trash are probably the only 2 in my opinion.

ZYouL8R is offline  
post #9 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 08:36 AM
M0DERAT0R
 
Boss Hogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Hazzard County
Posts: 19,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
YOU SHOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED TO POST ABOUT COLLEGE FOOTBALL PERIOD

FUCKING MORON!!!
Why? I agreed with a fact, not an opinion. See for yourself.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/abcspo...andings?week=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
Your best sports point made yet is that A&M sucks, but a fucking 4 year old knows that.
poor aggies

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
Boss Hogg is offline  
post #10 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
You and Pro Trash are probably the only 2 in my opinion.
Even I think he's nuts

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960


Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.


Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.


"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill


The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
post #11 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 09:23 AM
Back To Normal
 
2001 GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Beyond the Abyss
Posts: 6,180
An argument could be made that Tech is a pretty good team but they fell victim to what has become known as "Typical Tech". OSU this year was our New Mexico of last year. We played flat, made many mistakes. It seemed as though we went on the field thinking we could sleep though the game.

I could make a ton of excuses but the simple truth is that Tech did what it has been doing for years which also makes the media and other non Tech sports followers form the opinion that you have. Outside of the occasional big rivalry game we do not win the games that we need to, at the same time we struggle though the games that we should roll.

At this point I just pray that we can beat OU and make it to the Cotton bowl. If we can do that we will still have another positive season under Mike Leach and I canít complain to much about that.

-Justin

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
2001 GT is offline  
post #12 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 12:20 PM
Lifer
 
stacy532's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: lubbock,tx
Posts: 1,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 GT
An argument could be made that Tech is a pretty good team but they fell victim to what has become known as "Typical Tech". OSU this year was our New Mexico of last year. We played flat, made many mistakes. It seemed as though we went on the field thinking we could sleep though the game.

I could make a ton of excuses but the simple truth is that Tech did what it has been doing for years which also makes the media and other non Tech sports followers form the opinion that you have. Outside of the occasional big rivalry game we do not win the games that we need to, at the same time we struggle though the games that we should roll.

At this point I just pray that we can beat OU and make it to the Cotton bowl. If we can do that we will still have another positive season under Mike Leach and I canít complain to much about that.yep

-Justin
I agree on that , I had not bet on one football game all year , I bet on this one 20 $ that tech would beat the spread , well I guess I need not bet again

1995 cobra bolt ons red with black cloth 1.76 60'


13.27 at 102.83 6123' air ... in shop getting procharged d1sc canfield heads etc etc
stacy532 is offline  
post #13 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy532
I agree on that , I had not bet on one football game all year , I bet on this one 20 $ that tech would beat the spread , well I guess I need not bet again
It's all your fault . . . j/k

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960


Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.


Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.


"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill


The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
post #14 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 12:28 PM
M0DERAT0R
 
Boss Hogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Hazzard County
Posts: 19,655
All is well. Bruce Banner has returned to normal.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
Boss Hogg is offline  
post #15 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 12:30 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
All is well. Bruce Banner has returned to normal.
HAHAHAHA!
SVTVenom is offline  
post #16 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
All is well. Bruce Banner has returned to normal.
Fuck that. You should never be allowed to talk Comics Period

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960


Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.


Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.


"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill


The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
post #17 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 01:10 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
No, it bothers me that I'm the ONLY mother fucker on this fucking board that makes VALID SPORTS POINTS and you fuckers claim I'm Aggie Biased, yet everything that I say is based on FACT.

I guess you're going to claim that OkSU is underated because they beat a "good" tech team, and they had the lead on #2 t.u. at the half.



man, are you and pro trash brothers, calm down. You two ALWAYS bring up that "down at the half" crap to osu, so what texas won the game. and no, i don't think osu is a "good" team, they suck, that's why they haven't scored a single point in the second half the last 3 yrs. against texas. I'm not the one screaming and yelling and making points that don't mean dick.

and you only state facts, right? so, it's a FACT that cause texas was down at the half to osu, UT is going to get their asses handing to them by the ALL MIGHTY USC? is this a FACT that you say? or was that pro trash, yall talk just alike
bert89coupe is offline  
post #18 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 01:12 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Welcome to Moral Victory 101. aggy has a horrid program, and thus to create victories, it must resort to moral victories.

Hold the rope!


Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
man, are you and pro trash brothers, calm down. You two ALWAYS bring up that "down at the half" crap to osu, so what texas won the game. and no, i don't think osu is a "good" team, they suck, that's why they haven't scored a single point in the second half the last 3 yrs. against texas. I'm not the one screaming and yelling and making points that don't mean dick.

and you only state facts, right? so, it's a FACT that cause texas was down at the half to osu, UT is going to get their asses handing to them by the ALL MIGHTY USC? is this a FACT that you say? or was that pro trash, yall talk just alike

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #19 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 01:16 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Welcome to Moral Victory 101. aggy has a horrid program, and thus to create victories, it must resort to moral victories.

Hold the rope!


oh i know, i got aggy friends that i have to put back into their place all the time. mainly at bars when we're all drinking LOL
bert89coupe is offline  
post #20 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 02:02 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: stillwater, home of the cowboys
Posts: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
man, are you and pro trash brothers, calm down. You two ALWAYS bring up that "down at the half" crap to osu, so what texas won the game. and no, i don't think osu is a "good" team, they suck, that's why they haven't scored a single point in the second half the last 3 yrs. against texas. I'm not the one screaming and yelling and making points that don't mean dick.

and you only state facts, right? so, it's a FACT that cause texas was down at the half to osu, UT is going to get their asses handing to them by the ALL MIGHTY USC? is this a FACT that you say? or was that pro trash, yall talk just alike
how about you and your shitty opinions suck.

Originally Posted by 99BRINGIT
He is looking to drop a dime on USC. Let me be the first to tell you guys.........Oklahoma will come to play, and Oklahoma will win BIG.
nicotino15 is offline  
post #21 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 02:16 PM
M0DERAT0R
 
Boss Hogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Hazzard County
Posts: 19,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotino15
how about you and your shitty opinions suck.
How about the Okie Lite offense and defense sucks.

Maybe Vince will mention you guys in his acceptance speech.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
Boss Hogg is offline  
post #22 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 03:47 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotino15
how about you and your shitty opinions suck.


LMFAO, touche much?

i'm going to hate to see how mad you're going to be during basketball season you might want to go ahead and start taking your medicine now


but seriously, you made me laugh and the end of a work day, good job and thank you.
bert89coupe is offline  
post #23 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
and you only state facts, right? so, it's a FACT that cause texas was down at the half to osu, UT is going to get their asses handing to them by the ALL MIGHTY USC? is this a FACT that you say? or was that pro trash, yall talk just alike

no, you miserable sack of shit that only sees in two diminsions. READ MY FUCKING POST, WHEN DID I SAY t.u. WAS GOING TO GET THEIR ASSES HANDED TO THEM BY USC. Fucktard

As long as there is no playoff system in college football, then W's and L's will never be the determining factor for the national championship game. In the NFL, you never say "The Cowboys will make the playoffs because they barely lost to Washington in week two." Why is that, because there is a playoff system based on W's and L's. College uses human votes to determine the ability of the team to win in order to be considered for the national championship. If you're losing to the last place team in your conference at halftime, that affects your ability to win with voters. Had t.u. been winning at half, they'd have many more first place votes in the polls the week following that game. And hell, they might have been in first place by .0007 of a point again. You do realize that half of the voters never even watch the game, but make their decisions from Box Scores? THAT'S A FUCKING FACT, MORON!!!!

So now say something about A&M because you have the lack of IQ to come up with any form of rational thought.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960


Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.


Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.


"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill


The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
post #24 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 04:20 PM
M0DERAT0R
 
Boss Hogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Hazzard County
Posts: 19,655
GGGGGRrrrrrrrrrrrrr! A&M talk make Hulk mad!

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
Boss Hogg is offline  
post #25 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 04:28 PM
Back To Normal
 
2001 GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Beyond the Abyss
Posts: 6,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
GGGGGRrrrrrrrrrrrrr! A&M talk make Hulk mad!
LMFAO!!!! I don't care who you are...thats funny!

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
2001 GT is offline  
post #26 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 04:32 PM
M0DERAT0R
 
Boss Hogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Hazzard County
Posts: 19,655
It would be funnier if I photoshopped Hulk sitting in a TTA with A&M logos and some beer can chicken, but that would take time.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
Boss Hogg is offline  
post #27 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
It would be funnier if I photoshopped Hulk sitting in a TTA with A&M logos and some beer can chicken, but that would take time.
We don't need to start that again. LOL

And it's "people who don't know a fucking Football Poll from their own pole" Talk that makes Hulk Angry.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960


Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.


Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.


"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill


The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
post #28 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 06:06 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
GGGGGRrrrrrrrrrrrrr! A&M talk make Hulk mad!
LMFAO!

Maston, the polls are what make college football...college football. I think they intentionally try to not make it like NFL football in that way and others so their product doesn't blend in. They are in this to make money you know.

Pretty much the only people who whine about polls are the ones at the bottom.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #29 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 06:48 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: stillwater, home of the cowboys
Posts: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
How about the Okie Lite offense and defense sucks.

Maybe Vince will mention you guys in his acceptance speech.
you suck too, osu held ttech to less total yards (by 170 yards) and the same amount of points that texas held them to, so if our defense sucks how is texas'? our offense isnt anything special but considering the circumstances thats not surprising at all.

vance bedford is going to be putting up with calls all this week on how our low talent young defense held one of the top offenses to only 300 total yards. (we had 390 yards offensive in the win fyi.)

Originally Posted by 99BRINGIT
He is looking to drop a dime on USC. Let me be the first to tell you guys.........Oklahoma will come to play, and Oklahoma will win BIG.
nicotino15 is offline  
post #30 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 07:06 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
IIRC, isn't Texas' D at #6?
I'm guessing OSUs isnt quite in the Top 10....that's one small difference.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotino15
you suck too, osu held ttech to less total yards (by 170 yards) and the same amount of points that texas held them to, so if our defense sucks how is texas'? our offense isnt anything special but considering the circumstances thats not surprising at all.

vance bedford is going to be putting up with calls all this week on how our low talent young defense held one of the top offenses to only 300 total yards. (we had 390 yards offensive in the win fyi.)

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #31 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 07:12 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: stillwater, home of the cowboys
Posts: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
IIRC, isn't Texas' D at #6?
I'm guessing OSUs isnt quite in the Top 10....that's one small difference.....
yeah we also got shut out to colorado then put 28 up in a half on texas, and beat ttech, do you think were still the same team as earlier in our season or what? i feel like weve improved.

Originally Posted by 99BRINGIT
He is looking to drop a dime on USC. Let me be the first to tell you guys.........Oklahoma will come to play, and Oklahoma will win BIG.
nicotino15 is offline  
post #32 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 07:23 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: stillwater, home of the cowboys
Posts: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
LMFAO, touche much?

i'm going to hate to see how mad you're going to be during basketball season you might want to go ahead and start taking your medicine now


but seriously, you made me laugh and the end of a work day, good job and thank you.
touche much? i dont know what your talking about, all i know is i would hope that when osu loses 4 out of 5 starters and has as many new kids that texas can finally end osu's dominance in the big 12. i still think well split with yall at least.

Originally Posted by 99BRINGIT
He is looking to drop a dime on USC. Let me be the first to tell you guys.........Oklahoma will come to play, and Oklahoma will win BIG.
nicotino15 is offline  
post #33 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 09:07 PM
M0DERAT0R
 
Boss Hogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Hazzard County
Posts: 19,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotino15
you suck too, osu held ttech to less total yards (by 170 yards) and the same amount of points that texas held them to, so if our defense sucks how is texas'?
Your defense is ranked 92 out of 117 Div I teams, therefore OSU's defense and your comparison sucks.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
Boss Hogg is offline  
post #34 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 09:22 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: stillwater, home of the cowboys
Posts: 1,096
your logic is flawed, but think whatever you want.
nicotino15 is offline  
post #35 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 09:30 PM
M0DERAT0R
 
Boss Hogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Hazzard County
Posts: 19,655
Do you believe being #92 out of 117 is good?

or

Do you believe that comparing one game is better than comparing the entire season?

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
Boss Hogg is offline  
post #36 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 09:53 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: stillwater, home of the cowboys
Posts: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
Do you believe being #92 out of 117 is good?

or

Do you believe that comparing one game is better than comparing the entire season?
thats where your logic is flawed, what improvements has texas made lately? none, they have been the same powerhouse making similar plays.

for osu the playbook has opened up and they are utilizing more players, and more players are beginning to get adjusted to our style and playing for the first time(freshman) and the defense has always been decent while weve been in our games, and imo have shitty stats because of games running away when our offense is stuck and the defense is on the field the whole second half(texas game, colorado game, missouri game).

so, texas has been playing good all year, while osu is struggling to get better, and is getting noticebly better so stats dont really justify those changes in osu's case. if somebody else on here uses flawed logic (bertcoupe) then so will i.

Originally Posted by 99BRINGIT
He is looking to drop a dime on USC. Let me be the first to tell you guys.........Oklahoma will come to play, and Oklahoma will win BIG.
nicotino15 is offline  
post #37 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 10:03 PM
M0DERAT0R
 
Boss Hogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Hazzard County
Posts: 19,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotino15
thats where your logic is flawed, what improvements has texas made lately? none, they have been the same powerhouse making similar plays.
Did you hear about the Baylor or Kansas game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotino15
so, texas has been playing good all year, while osu is struggling to get better, and is getting noticebly better so stats dont really justify those changes in osu's case.
Stats are just silly numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotino15
if somebody else on here uses flawed logic (bertcoupe) then so will i.
Atleast you admit your logic is flawed.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
Boss Hogg is offline  
post #38 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 11:01 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Board rage issues, much?
The BCS has correctly picked the top 2 teams. Yes, we need a playoff.....but not a 16 team playoff, or anything. 4-6 teams, tops. Anything more diminishes the importance of regualr season games. Miami doesnt deserve to challenge, at this point in time, Texas or USC, because they dicked around and lost to a relative nobody early in the season. Va Tech doesnt because losing that solidly should bar you from BCS games, period. Bama got exposed late in the season. ND doesnt belong due to the Michigan State loss (Why ND is ranked over tOSU is ranked below the Domers is beyond me, but I digress....)

As long as it's based on human voting, it's flawed, and it's an MNC. We do need a playoff, but nothing like March Madness.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
no, you miserable sack of shit that only sees in two diminsions. READ MY FUCKING POST YOU MISERABLE SACK OF SHIT, WHEN DID I SAY t.u. WAS GOING TO GET THEIR ASSES HANDED TO THEM BY USC. Fucktard

As long as there is no playoff system in college football, then W's and L's will never be the determining factor for the national championship game. In the NFL, you never say "The Cowboys will make the playoffs because they barely lost to Washington in week two." Why is that, because there is a playoff system based on W's and L's. College uses human votes to determine the ability of the team to win in order to be considered for the national championship. If you're losing to the last place team in your conference at halftime, that affects your ability to win with voters. Had t.u. been winning at half, they'd have many more first place votes in the polls the week following that game. And hell, they might have been in first place by .0007 of a point again. THAT'S A FUCKING FACT, MORON!!!!

So now say something about A&M because you have the lack of IQ to come up with any form of rational thought.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #39 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 11:36 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: stillwater, home of the cowboys
Posts: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
Did you hear about the Baylor or Kansas game?

Stats are just silly numbers.

Atleast you admit your logic is flawed.
im sorry people wont admit that osu has improved, like it was a mistake that we beat the #13 team in the nation. i really dont even care though, lol, i was just arguing to argue i guess.

Originally Posted by 99BRINGIT
He is looking to drop a dime on USC. Let me be the first to tell you guys.........Oklahoma will come to play, and Oklahoma will win BIG.
nicotino15 is offline  
post #40 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 01:01 AM
Back To Normal
 
2001 GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Beyond the Abyss
Posts: 6,180
Wow!....I have wanted to stay out of this but the ignorance of nicotino had gotten the best of me. Listen and listen carefully....I know I will probably regret saying this but the ONLY reason that OSU did well against Texas (for the first half) and Tech was because they both thought they could roll OSU in their sleep (That was the Number 1 and 2 team in the Big XII playing the worst team in the conference...what would you expect). Fortunately for Texas they had the talent to turn the game around when they were down. Tech doesnít have that luxury, but we still almost pulled off the win by the skin of our teeth.

You are talking as though OSU beat the crap out of Tech and we didnít have a chance. May I remind you that the score was tied with 6 minutes to go in the 4th. Tech played like absolute crap. We had receivers drop many balls. Many mistakes were made and it was still a VERY close game. Not to mention this is still OSU's FIRST conference win. You had better check yourself before you talk to much shit and realize next week it was a fluke loss when Tech thumps OU.

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
2001 GT is offline  
post #41 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 01:57 AM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotino15
your logic is flawed, but think whatever you want.
i'm just quoting this so you can re read this statement about logic....i don't think you quite grasp the concept son.
Nate is offline  
post #42 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 08:17 AM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
no, you miserable sack of shit that only sees in two diminsions. READ MY FUCKING POST, WHEN DID I SAY t.u. WAS GOING TO GET THEIR ASSES HANDED TO THEM BY USC. Fucktard

As long as there is no playoff system in college football, then W's and L's will never be the determining factor for the national championship game. In the NFL, you never say "The Cowboys will make the playoffs because they barely lost to Washington in week two." Why is that, because there is a playoff system based on W's and L's. College uses human votes to determine the ability of the team to win in order to be considered for the national championship. If you're losing to the last place team in your conference at halftime, that affects your ability to win with voters. Had t.u. been winning at half, they'd have many more first place votes in the polls the week following that game. And hell, they might have been in first place by .0007 of a point again. You do realize that half of the voters never even watch the game, but make their decisions from Box Scores? THAT'S A FUCKING FACT, MORON!!!!

So now say something about A&M because you have the lack of IQ to come up with any form of rational thought.


LMAO, once again, calm down. You're posting about stuff that i'm not even talking about here. i just couldn't remember if it was you or pro trash that said usc would roll over texas in the rose bowl and didn't want to waist my time looking back through post. I'm not arguing that texas should be #1, i don't think they should be and i don't want them to be right now. Maybe you should read my sentences more carefully before your eyes start turning green, geez take a paxil or something.


and nicotino15, how is my stuff flawed? explain cause i just don't pull this stuff out of thin air you know. i think you take what i say and turn it into something else, then just post something. and i thought it was Kansas and Oklahoma that has been dominating the big12 in basketball here lately?


i'd hate to see how some of you on here act in real life when people start talking shit, then laugh at you when you get mad
bert89coupe is offline  
post #43 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 10:26 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: stillwater, home of the cowboys
Posts: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 GT
Wow!....I have wanted to stay out of this but the ignorance of nicotino had gotten the best of me. Listen and listen carefully....I know I will probably regret saying this but the ONLY reason that OSU did well against Texas (for the first half) and Tech was because they both thought they could roll OSU in their sleep (That was the Number 1 and 2 team in the Big XII playing the worst team in the conference...what would you expect). Fortunately for Texas they had the talent to turn the game around when they were down. Tech doesnít have that luxury, but we still almost pulled off the win by the skin of our teeth.

You are talking as though OSU beat the crap out of Tech and we didnít have a chance. May I remind you that the score was tied with 6 minutes to go in the 4th. Tech played like absolute crap. We had receivers drop many balls. Many mistakes were made and it was still a VERY close game. Not to mention this is still OSU's FIRST conference win. You had better check yourself before you talk to much shit and realize next week it was a fluke loss when Tech thumps OU.
you should regret saying that because you are full of shit, osu threw an interceptions, and gave tech a touchdown on a fumble in our endzone, thats how tech almost came back and won, also, its hard for hodges receivers to catch when hes constantly throwing the ball on the run huh? we'll see what happens in our next two games and if we go to a bowl or not. tech fans still think theyre team belongs in the top 15, lmao

Originally Posted by 99BRINGIT
He is looking to drop a dime on USC. Let me be the first to tell you guys.........Oklahoma will come to play, and Oklahoma will win BIG.
nicotino15 is offline  
post #44 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 10:29 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: stillwater, home of the cowboys
Posts: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
LMAO, once again, calm down. You're posting about stuff that i'm not even talking about here. i just couldn't remember if it was you or pro trash that said usc would roll over texas in the rose bowl and didn't want to waist my time looking back through post. I'm not arguing that texas should be #1, i don't think they should be and i don't want them to be right now. Maybe you should read my sentences more carefully before your eyes start turning green, geez take a paxil or something.


and nicotino15, how is my stuff flawed? explain cause i just don't pull this stuff out of thin air you know. i think you take what i say and turn it into something else, then just post something. and i thought it was Kansas and Oklahoma that has been dominating the big12 in basketball here lately?


i'd hate to see how some of you on here act in real life when people start talking shit, then laugh at you when you get mad
if i had to explain it to you then you are too dumb to understand why anyways...

Originally Posted by 99BRINGIT
He is looking to drop a dime on USC. Let me be the first to tell you guys.........Oklahoma will come to play, and Oklahoma will win BIG.
nicotino15 is offline  
post #45 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 10:31 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: stillwater, home of the cowboys
Posts: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
i'm just quoting this so you can re read this statement about logic....i don't think you quite grasp the concept son.
what logic have you ever brought to the table.

Originally Posted by 99BRINGIT
He is looking to drop a dime on USC. Let me be the first to tell you guys.........Oklahoma will come to play, and Oklahoma will win BIG.
nicotino15 is offline  
post #46 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 11:19 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn
 
ZYouL8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Laughlin AFB
Posts: 5,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotino15
thats where your logic is flawed, what improvements has texas made lately? none, they have been the same powerhouse making similar plays.

for osu the playbook has opened up and they are utilizing more players, and more players are beginning to get adjusted to our style and playing for the first time(freshman) and the defense has always been decent while weve been in our games, and imo have shitty stats because of games running away when our offense is stuck and the defense is on the field the whole second half(texas game, colorado game, missouri game).

so, texas has been playing good all year, while osu is struggling to get better, and is getting noticebly better so stats dont really justify those changes in osu's case. if somebody else on here uses flawed logic (bertcoupe) then so will i.
So, because OSU has improved and they limited Tech to less yards on offense, their defense is better than UT's?

Well, when you SUCK, it's easy to improve, like in OSU's case. If you start at the bottom, you can only go up, right? Well in UT's case, they're at the top, so it's going to be hard to improve on an already good product. See your flawed logic?

ZYouL8R is offline  
post #47 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 12:07 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
College uses human votes to determine the ability of the team to win in order to be considered for the national championship. If you're losing to the last place team in your conference at halftime, that affects your ability to win with voters. Had t.u. been winning at half, they'd have many more first place votes in the polls the week following that game. And hell, they might have been in first place by .0007 of a point again. You do realize that half of the voters never even watch the game, but make their decisions from Box Scores?

It's not that hard to read from box scores how teams can change thier total mindset during games. And honestly... voters know how hard it is to stay on top esp when you are playing nobody teams. USC, Texas, Miami, VTech, etc... all of the top teams at any point in the season all have bullseyes on thier backs from teams that on paper shouldn't even be close... but that's why they play the games on the field and not in the sports writers minds.

Texas will reamin #2 until they beat USC period... I think almost everyone agrees with that, and the fact that they were above USC for one week was a complete chance of mathematics. Texas has blown out nearly every team this year but struggled in the first half against OkSU. Voters don't all of a sudden wake up and say 'dang, maybe texas isn't that good'

This is what they see.

Points by quarter and respective W/L after
OKSU 21 7 0 0 28 (3-5)
Texas 9 3 22 13 47 (8-0)

It happens every week in football and no team is immune to it... just to compare I've listed the breakdown by quarter for some of the top teams this year.

Miami (everyone is tabbing as the highest 1 loss team and ready to step in if USC ro UT loses) Vs. North Carolina

Miami 7 0 20 7 34 (6-1)
UNC 7 9 0 0 16 (3-4)

Notes : UNC was also up by 2 points until a punt block TD with 2 minutes remaining in the 3rd quarter... then Miami rolled on

USC the number one team in the land and always seeming unstoppable vs. Arizona.

USC 7 7 14 14 42 (5-0)
Arizona 7 0 14 0 21 (1-4)

Wow... USC... the golden team of college football only up by 7 entering the 4th quarter?? That must have really keyed voters in that USC doesn't have the ability to win

Point is that with all of your facts about college football you still have to know that every team is going to have a tough game. Every team is going to have a rough start to a team they 'should' be blowing out of the water. But that's what happens when you are a target and the other team has nothing to lose. Is anyone going to argue that the best teams should finish strong?? Cause the finals to all of those games don't represent just how close the games where... but sure enough... the three teams I listed are #1, #2, and #3... and they (except for Miamis opening loss) keep pilling up the wins
davidaustin is offline  
post #48 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 12:55 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: stillwater, home of the cowboys
Posts: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
So, because OSU has improved and they limited Tech to less yards on offense, their defense is better than UT's?

Well, when you SUCK, it's easy to improve, like in OSU's case. If you start at the bottom, you can only go up, right? Well in UT's case, they're at the top, so it's going to be hard to improve on an already good product. See your flawed logic?
lol, no, that was flawed logic, because berniecoupe or whatever said that since we hadnt scored against texas in the third and 4th quarters that that somehow was the reason we sucked, and thats not true. kansas scored in the 4th quarter against texas does that mean kansas is better then osu? my whole point was that if other people use flawed logic to make their opinions, then so can i. but nobody realized that

Originally Posted by 99BRINGIT
He is looking to drop a dime on USC. Let me be the first to tell you guys.........Oklahoma will come to play, and Oklahoma will win BIG.
nicotino15 is offline  
post #49 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 01:06 PM
M0DERAT0R
 
Boss Hogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Hazzard County
Posts: 19,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotino15
lol, no, that was flawed logic, because berniecoupe or whatever said that since we hadnt scored against texas in the third and 4th quarters that that somehow was the reason we sucked,
No, he said the reason OSU did not score is because OSU sucks. Not that OSU sucks because they did not score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotino15
my whole point was that if other people use flawed logic to make their opinions, then so can i. but nobody realized that
Priceless!

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
Boss Hogg is offline  
post #50 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 01:09 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotino15
lol, no, that was flawed logic, because berniecoupe or whatever said that since we hadnt scored against texas in the third and 4th quarters that that somehow was the reason we sucked, and thats not true. kansas scored in the 4th quarter against texas does that mean kansas is better then osu? my whole point was that if other people use flawed logic to make their opinions, then so can i. but nobody realized that


nope, just means they suck in the second half against texas then, huh?


here is some more of nicotino15 flawed logic "anybody that says anything against osu is shitty and they suck too" LMFAO.
bert89coupe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome