Worst fantasy hockey move ever... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Ultimate X-phoria

Worst fantasy hockey move ever...

I have 3 LW's (actually 4, one on IR) on my fantasy hockey team and all three play tonight. For whatever reason....I thought it would be a good idea to bench Kovalchuk and play Frolov against weak Chicago along with the red hot Ovechkin over him. Normally i'd play Ovechkin and Kovy....but after much debate, stupidity ruled supreme and I went with Frolov. Now i'm paying. Kovalchuk apparently did not like my decision....he's already got a hat trick and it's still the 2nd period. Kill me....kill me now. *smashes lamp*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
I have 3 LW's (actually 4, one on IR) on my fantasy hockey team and all three play tonight. For whatever reason....I thought it would be a good idea to bench Kovalchuk and play Frolov against weak Chicago along with the red hot Ovechkin over him. Normally i'd play Ovechkin and Kovy....but after much debate, stupidity ruled supreme and I went with Frolov. Now i'm paying. Kovalchuk apparently did not like my decision....he's already got a hat trick and it's still the 2nd period. Kill me....kill me now. *smashes lamp*
I saw that on the bottom line on ESPN2 and thought "I wonder who has Kovalchuk"?

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Ultimate X-phoria

I do believe he's got 4 now. *You stupid stupid silly man!*

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 08:22 PM
Lifer

Man that sucks, but then again I would never have taken Kovalchuk out of my lineup.
By the way you see who is in first?
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 11:17 AM

he is star now that heatley is gone.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasstars281
he is star now that heatley is gone.

Thank you captain obvious. Can we get your thoughts on Peter Forsberg? Will he be a star in this league? What about that guy who plays for New Jersey, Marty something?
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Thank you captain obvious. Can we get your thoughts on Peter Forsberg? Will he be a star in this league? What about that guy who plays for New Jersey, Marty something?
what i meant was that heatley was considered the thrashers best player, but now since he was traded for hossa, he in my opinion is their best player.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 07:44 PM
Lifer

Quote:
what i meant was that heatley was considered the thrashers best player, but now since he was traded for hossa, he in my opinion is their best player.
You really are an idiot. Kovalchuk has been thought of as just as good a player as Heatley until the car crash. That was why there was so much hope for Atlanta.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
You really are an idiot. Kovalchuk has been thought of as just as good a player as Heatley until the car crash. That was why there was so much hope for Atlanta.
whatever!!! i know kocalchuk is just a great russian player, now with hossa they now need a quality goalie.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 02:29 AM Thread Starter
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
whatever!!! i know kocalchuk is just a great russian player, now with hossa they now need a quality goalie.
what? And who the fuck is kocalchuk?

Kovalchuk's popularity has always been greater than Heatley's in Atlanta. The only reason Heatley won the Calder was because Kovalchuk went down at the end of the season with a groin injury, missing nearly 20 games. Despite that, he still scored more goals than Dany. Dany's a great player, but Kovalchuk has always been seen as the main attraction in that city since their arrival. Fans always prefer goal scorers over passers. This was evident by jersey sales and card values. We'll add this to the 1000 other posts that continue to verify your stupidity on hockey.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Lifer

Quote:
what? And who the fuck is kocalchuk?

Kovalchuk's popularity has always been greater than Heatley's in Atlanta. The only reason Heatley won the Calder was because Kovalchuk went down at the end of the season with a groin injury, missing nearly 20 games. Despite that, he still scored more goals than Dany. Dany's a great player, but Kovalchuk has always been seen as the main attraction in that city since their arrival. Fans always prefer goal scorers over passers. This was evident by jersey sales and card values. We'll add this to the 1000 other posts that continue to verify your stupidity on hockey.
Not to mention Kovalchuk looses alot of his appeal up north for the infamous empty net goal against Canada in the WJs. But what Hollywood said is exactly correct but it was a shoulder injury.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
Not to mention Kovalchuk looses alot of his appeal up north for the infamous empty net goal against Canada in the WJs. But what Hollywood said is exactly correct but it was a shoulder injury.
lol, I must be slippin in my old age.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 10:33 AM
Lifer

haha it happens, they actually said he could have come back too but decided to keep him out bc they had no chance at the post season and didnt want to risk him reinjuring it so soon.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Ultimate X-phoria

For chosing Frolov over Kovalchuk Friday, thus losing out on 3 goals since Frolov only had 1, Frolov decided to send a brotha some love for the vote of confidence. He's got 2 goals and an assist in the first period. I love you mang.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Ultimate X-phoria

FROLOV WITH A SHORTY FOR THE HAT TRICK...and it's only the first period. What a stud!!!
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 03:41 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

I need a LW and I have too many C's

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
I need a LW and I have too many C's

Once Nash comes back from injury, one of mine will be on the trading block as i'm busting with LW's.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Lifer

So far my only problem has been the fact that both of my RWs play on the same team but then again when those two are Heatley and Alfredsson that isnt too much of a problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement