Why not Texas at #1? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Why not Texas at #1?

Something's changed. It's my birthday, and Texas doesn't have a loss. Not only do they not have a loss, but they are man handling teams. Mack is not helping players up, a la leading-Heisman candidate VY, but he's stepping on them when they're down, and grinding his Texas boot heel into them. VY has gone from Heisman candidate, to Heisman leading candidate, in the eyes of many. The winds of change are all around us.

At the beginning of the season, I could accept the USC #1 arguement based on several reasons. Mostly, they were returning Leinart and Bush, and hell...they were MNCs. Why argue against such a no-brainer?

It isn't a no-brainer anymore.

At this point in the season, as they say in East Texas, that dog don't hunt.

USC has a win over BCS #10 Oregon and #11 ND.

Texas has wins over BCS #8 tOSU, #12 TTech, and #18 CU.

This isn't the smoking gun of irrefuteable evidence that proves Texas should be #1, but it does prove that there is more than just homerism going on when someone dares to rank Texas above the golden children of the West Coast. And as to the conference strength arguement.....I saw what the PAC has to offer this weekend. I wasn't particularly impressed. It's still USC and a bunch of others, much like the Big12 is Texas and a bunch of others. At least the Big 12 has a few teams in the Top 15. Not saying the Big12>Pac....just saying that we dont have a PAC10>Big12 situation.....

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:07 PM
BOOMER SOONER!

they'll be the big dogs if they beat USC, until then the spot belongs to them, they haven't lost in a LONG time.

sidenote: even as an OU fan, I must say UT looks to be the real deal this year despite a few hiccups, they pretty much destroy football programs that are touted as "trouble for UT", it's scary.
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:09 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Because you were losing to OkSU at halftime.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder99TA
they'll be the big dogs if they beat USC, until then the spot belongs to them, they haven't lost in a LONG time.
It isn't like Texas has lost recently, either. IIRC, it's been about 13 months. And the polls are SUPPOSED to be based on THIS CURRENT SEASON. Of course, the polls aren't supposed to be biased either, but we can see how that works out.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Time Served

Hookem, everyone knows the reason Texas isnt number one is because USC has won the past two national titles and havent lost in a really really long time. Are they better than Texas? Probobaly not, but thats the reason USC is number one
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
And USC was down big against Zona going into the 4th.....moot point.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:16 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
And USC was down big against Zona going into the 4th.....moot point.
Didn't Zona beat UCLA, who has OkSU beat? Some Cupcakes.

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Didn't Zona beat UCLA, who has OkSU beat? Some Cupcakes.
UCLA has beaten whom? Some cupcakes. Again, moot point. Texas has a tougher schedule than USC, and thus has more wins over BCS ranked teams.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:26 PM

they all log on to this website and like to watch you cry about texas not being at the number 1 spot.

89 Coupe
02 GT
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:27 PM
What Can Brown Do For You

Don't mind Texas being #2 cause when we beat the #1 team in the Nation it's more embarrasing!!!!
post #11 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:30 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
UCLA has beaten whom? Some cupcakes. Again, moot point. Texas has a tougher schedule than USC, and thus has more wins over BCS ranked teams.
What's funny is I'm the one blinded MAROON when you fucking idiots can't fucking grasp REALITY!!!

post #12 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Five-O
they all log on to this website and like to watch you cry about texas not being at the number 1 spot.
Again, I never said Texas should be #1. Your reading skills are obviously inept, because it clearly states

Quote:
This isn't the smoking gun of irrefuteable evidence that proves Texas should be #1, but it does prove that there is more than just homerism going on when someone dares to rank Texas above the golden children of the West Coast.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #13 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:31 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Five-O
Hey, I'm as big of a UT fan as Hook'Em, but USC should still be #1. You get put there for a reason -- because they won the year before and returned everyone including White, Bush, and Leinhart. For someone else to take that #1 spot, they not only have to earn it, but USC has to give a reason to be moved down. While UT may be showing reasons why they have earned the right to be #1, USC hasn't shown a reason to be moved down. Yes, I know they had a close game against ND, but they won, and that's what #1 teams do. The way I see it, as long as you're top 2 in the BCS, that's all that matters. I hope UT stays #2, gets points in the Rose Bowl, and then spanks USC. That way I'll get points on my bet when I would have given them anyway.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
post #14 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
What's funny is I'm the one blinded MAROON when you fucking idiots can't fucking grasp REALITY!!!
I think you are confusing perception and reality. The reality is, Texas has more wins over more highly ranked teams, than USC does. The perception is USC should be #1 by simply being who they are.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #15 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:32 PM
Time Served

Texas is never going to be number one till USC loses or Texas beats USC. They have won back to back Nation Championships, and have won a bunch of games in a row. Why are you not satisfied with them being at number 2 and playing USC for the national title?
Quote:
post #16 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

And I'm not saying that it's a fact that Texas should be at 1. I'm saying it's a fact that it is debateable who should be #1, and to blindly stick USC there shows a lack of knowledge of the current state of college football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl
Hey, I'm as big of a UT fan as Hook'Em, but USC should still be #1. You get put there for a reason -- because they won the year before and returned everyone including White, Bush, and Leinhart. For someone else to take that #1 spot, they not only have to earn it, but USC has to give a reason to be moved down. While UT may be showing reasons why they have earned the right to be #1, USC hasn't shown a reason to be moved down. Yes, I know they had a close game against ND, but they won, and that's what #1 teams do. The way I see it, as long as you're top 2 in the BCS, that's all that matters. I hope UT stays #2, gets points in the Rose Bowl, and then spanks USC. That way I'll get points on my bet when I would have given them anyway.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #17 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlofton
Texas is never going to be number one till USC loses or Texas beats USC. They have won back to back Nation Championships, and have won a bunch of games in a row. Why are you not satisfied with them being at number 2 and playing USC for the national title?
\

I have no problem with where they are at. I have a problem with PAC 10 elitists, and the Eastern Sports Programming Network snobs who guffaw at the notion that Texas may have a legitimate reason to be ranked on the same level as USC.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #18 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Something's changed. It's my birthday, and Texas doesn't have a loss. Not only do they not have a loss, but they are man handling teams. Mack is not helping players up, a la leading-Heisman candidate VY, but he's stepping on them when they're down, and grinding his Texas boot heel into them. VY has gone from Heisman candidate, to Heisman leading candidate, in the eyes of many. The winds of change are all around us.

At the beginning of the season, I could accept the USC #1 arguement based on several reasons. Mostly, they were returning Leinart and Bush, and hell...they were MNCs. Why argue against such a no-brainer?

It isn't a no-brainer anymore.

At this point in the season, as they say in East Texas, that dog don't hunt.

USC has a win over BCS #10 Oregon and #11 ND.

Texas has wins over BCS #8 tOSU, #12 TTech, and #18 CU.

This isn't the smoking gun of irrefuteable evidence that proves Texas should be #1, but it does prove that there is more than just homerism going on when someone dares to rank Texas above the golden children of the West Coast. And as to the conference strength arguement.....I saw what the PAC has to offer this weekend. I wasn't particularly impressed. It's still USC and a bunch of others, much like the Big12 is Texas and a bunch of others. At least the Big 12 has a few teams in the Top 15. Not saying the Big12>Pac....just saying that we dont have a PAC10>Big12 situation.....

C'mon man... you know just as well as everyone else that you're #1 until you lose.

USC 31 straight W's
UT 16 straight W's

Not trying to say who's better, but #1 and #2 don't matter... all that matters is that those two teams get to decide it on the field.

UT started thier season strong while USC has to finish strong. Cal this week (which just happened to be the last loss they had back in 2003). Fresno State is a tough team, and finish will rival UCLA. That's not an easy road to the finish.

But really... who you play and all that rank talk means nothing right now between the two schools.

When you are #1 you are #1 until you lose
post #19 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:37 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
I think you are confusing perception and reality. The reality is, Texas has more wins over more highly ranked teams, than USC does. The perception is USC should be #1 by simply being who they are.

YOU SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO POST OR DISCUSS COLLEGE FOOTBALL PERIOD

lol

post #20 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Well, it seemed a better use of time than posting reason # 4,567,456,329 of "Why Texas is Mecca, and why aggy is aggy."

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
C'mon man... you know just as well as everyone else that your #1 until you lose.

USC 31 straight W's
UT 16 straight W's

Not trying to say who's better, but #1 and #2 don't matter... all that matters is that those two teams get to decide it on the field.

UT started thier season strong while USC has to finish strong. Cal this week (which just happened to be the last loss they had back in 2003). Fresno State is a tough team, and finish will rival UCLA. That's not an easy road to the finish.

But really... who you play and all that rank talk means nothing right now between the two schools.

When you are #1 you are #1 until you lose

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #21 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Time Served

I am just as big of a Texas fan as you are. But even as a huge Texas fan I dont feel like they have a ligitimate reason to be ranked on the same level as USC. Texas hasnt won back to back national championships. Until they do I wont complain about them being behind the team who has won back to back national championships.
Quote:
\

I have no problem with where they are at. I have a problem with PAC 10 elitists, and the Eastern Sports Programming Network snobs who guffaw at the notion that Texas may have a legitimate reason to be ranked on the same level as USC.
post #22 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Say what you like, the fact remains Texas has more wins over BCS ranked teams than USC does. The truth is, the possibility of Texas winning the Big 12, yet alone an MNC...to follow the baseball NC, the #2 basketball team, and the absolute owning of aggy in the Lonestar Beatdown, makes you sick to the stomach. Put down the Haterade, and recognize.

Quote:

YOU SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO POST OR DISCUSS COLLEGE FOOTBALL PERIOD

lol

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #23 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:48 PM
What Can Brown Do For You

being #1 and having back to back championships has nothing to do with your ranking? one good reason why the BCS has the worst post season in all of sports!!!

Quote:
I am just as big of a Texas fan as you are. But even as a huge Texas fan I dont feel like they have a ligitimate reason to be ranked on the same level as USC. Texas hasnt won back to back national championships. Until they do I wont complain about them being behind the team who has won back to back national championships.
post #24 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

And to that I would say, the polls are supposed to be a judging of your team's performance in a given year. I hear what you're saying, and I certainly have no problem with someone pimping USC out as a #1 candidate.....I have a problem with people that act as if you've farted in the midst of someone's wedding vows, when you mention Texas as a viable candidate.

Quote:

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #25 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:48 PM
P1

im totally for UT to go all the way since ND cant w/o a miracle now, but who cares if texas isnt #1 as long as they are top 2 and playing for the nutz then thats all that matters

Oh! A phoneg is ringin....
post #26 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:53 PM
M0DERAT0R

USC will be #1 until they lose. It could be argued that based on THIS years performance Texas deserves to be #1, but it doesn't really matter since UT & USC are #1 and #2.

Texas' average victory margin is 34 points per game. It'll all work out.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #27 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Time Served

Texas had thier chance to be number 1 longer than they did. They messed around with an unranked OSU for to long and dropped in the BCS. They deserve to be number 2.
Quote:
And to that I would say, the polls are supposed to be a judging of your team's performance in a given year. I hear what you're saying, and I certainly have no problem with someone pimping USC out as a #1 candidate.....I have a problem with people that act as if you've farted in the midst of someone's wedding vows, when you mention Texas as a viable candidate.
post #28 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
USC will be #1 until they lose. It could be argued that based on THIS years performance Texas deserves to be #1, but it doesn't really matter since UT & USC are #1 and #2.

It'll work out IF Texas can manage to keep winning. Even though we have a winning record at Pyle Field, we still have to post one more W there to get to the Big12CCG. And I have nightmares about the last time we should have blown CU out to play for a MNC.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #29 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Texas had thier chance to be number 1 longer than they did. They messed around with an unranked OSU for to long and dropped in the BCS. They deserve to be number 2.
And USC has the same stain on their resume.....trailing Zone for 3 quarters, by as much as 28.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #30 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Time Served

I agree 100%

Quote:

post #31 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 05:30 PM
Lifer

Its hard for me to put the words together, but from what I've seen this year, Texas gets my vote as #1 in the land.

I'm definately not jumping on the Texas bandwagon, but its hard to argue the fact that they are far above the level of almost all Div 1 teams. With the exception of USC, Im not sure that there is anyone that can play with Texas this year.

Hell is definately freezing over in my household, but I now GENUINELY pulling for Texas to win the Nat'l Title. USC is coming dangerously close to Oklahomas record of 47 straight wins. I would rather Texas win the Title, and remove the possibility of someone dethrowning a record that has stood for over 50 years. (If USC were to win the Title again this year, and go undefeated again next year, the Nat'l title game in 07' would be the tie breaking 48th straight win)

post #32 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Time Served

Another thing about Texas I really like too is there are no real stars. I mean they are the number 8 team in total offense in America. But they do not have a player in the top 30 of any offensive catagories. I heard that on The Ticket the other morning and thought that was rather interesting.
post #33 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Another thing about Texas I really like too is there are no real stars. I mean they are the number 8 team in total offense in America. But they do not have a player in the top 30 of any offensive catagories. I heard that on The Ticket the other morning and thought that was rather interesting.
??

Go check the stats of VY

Of course there are always going to be schools that have specific orientations to pass/rush etc. like TTech, but he's in the top 30 in almost every catagory
post #34 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 06:00 PM
Time Served

I was just passing on what I heard from The Ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
??

Go check the stats of VY

Of course there are always going to be schools that have specific orientations to pass/rush etc. like TTech, but he's in the top 30 in almost every catagory
post #35 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 06:15 PM
190hp4banger

Quote:
I have nightmares about the last time we should have blown CU out to play for a MNC.
I was at that game I honestly think that Texas is the best team in the country and deserves the #1 spot more than USC. People act as if USC can't lose, and they're the golden child... but that's not the case. I won't complain about the #2 ranking unless something goes awry. Hopefully, it'll be a non-issue for the rest of the season. Also, in the event that Texas was ranked #1 and played for all the marbles and lost to USC... that would potentially hurt them more than losing as a #2 team. They would be looked upon as "overrated" and voters might have a harder time voting them highly for next year, thinking they're overrated. Just my .02 and another way to look at it. Hook 'Em \--/

*edit* HAPPY FRIGGIN' B-DAY Hooker... I mean HookEM

Last edited by 190hp4banger; 11-07-2005 at 08:27 PM.
post #36 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 06:21 PM
Time Served

Yeah I was at that game too. If they would have won they would have gone on to play the national championship. They just need to take one game at a time. If they do that then they will win the national championship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190hp4banger
I was at that game I honestly think that Texas is the best team in the country and deserves the #1 spot more than USC. People act as if USC can't lose, and they're the golden child... but that's not the case. I won't complain about the #2 ranking unless something goes awry. Hopefully, it'll be a non-issue for the rest of the season. Also, in the event that Texas was ranked #1 and played for all the marbles and lost to USC... that would potentially hurt them more than losing as a #2 team. They would be looked upon as "overrated" and voters might have a harder time voting them highly for next year, thinking they're overrated. Just my .02 and another way to look at it. Hook 'Em \--/
post #37 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 06:57 PM
CEO of......

the big12 title game does not scare me. this year we know who the starting qb is and should be, we don't have our best qb sitting on the damn bench. It's too bad pretty boy simms had to start that fucking game
post #38 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 07:49 PM
Old School

I could care less if USC stays #1. As long as Texas is in the Rosebowl to get an oppertuity to play for the NC then ill be happy. From there, may the best team win.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #39 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Clown

I am aw amazed at how good Texas is this year. However until USC slips up, they will be #1. I am not by any means on the USC bandwagon however, USC seems like they are having trouble getting going in some games. I think that it is probably bordem more than anything. When USC comes out ready to play like they did last year against OU they look unstopable. I am impressed with Vince Young as he looks like Mike Vick and not Cordell Stewart. But have you seen Leinart throw the ball? My goodness he looks like a left handed Dan Marino.
post #40 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 08:09 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Until last year's champ gets defeated during the regular season or Texas whoops up on the in the championship bowl, USC will be number 1, Texas will be number 2.
post #41 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 08:10 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Oh yea, happy birthday, fucker.
post #42 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 08:17 PM
Punkslapper

To be the man, you have to beat the man. USC will be #1 until Texas beats them in January. Next year, Texas will be ranked #1 all season.
post #43 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 08:20 PM
Old School

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Oh yea, happy birthday, fucker.
haha,

Happy Bday Hookem

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #44 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 09:27 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Until last year's champ gets defeated during the regular season or Texas whoops up on the in the championship bowl, USC will be number 1, Texas will be number 2.
PERIOD! Yes, you could argue that UT deserves a few votes (which they are getting), but not to be ranked #1 outright. Like I said earlier, that position is USC's until 2 things happen: 1) UT shows they are good enough to warrant number one considerations -- DONE & 2) USC [email protected]#$% up and gives a reason to not vote them #1 -- Translation = LOSING -- which they haven't done.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
post #45 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 09:37 PM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
LMAO
post #46 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Never settle always excel

This whole thread is bullshit tu was number one in the BCS for one week and then went to OSU and proved they could be run and gunned on by the non ranked bottom feeders of the big twelve. It is human nature to swing towards history. USC has been winning for a while as a matter of fact they haven't lost a game since September 2003 and tu just finally got past Oklahoma this year after being OUs bitch for five years. I mean it was Ike beating on Tina there for a while. Lets look at it, USC is 45-3 since 2002 where as tu is 43-6 since the 2002 season. tu is a great ball club as is USC so does it matter if you are first or second, at the end of the season you get the chance to prove what you got! Why don't we all stop crying about this and just wait till the big game like big boys
post #47 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 01:48 AM
190hp4banger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
This whole thread is bullshit tu was number one in the BCS for one week and then went to OSU and proved they could be run and gunned on by the non ranked bottom feeders of the big twelve. It is human nature to swing towards history. USC has been winning for a while as a matter of fact they haven't lost a game since September 2003 and tu just finally got past Oklahoma this year after being OUs bitch for five years. I mean it was Ike beating on Tina there for a while. Lets look at it, USC is 45-3 since 2002 where as tu is 43-6 since the 2002 season. tu is a great ball club as is USC so does it matter if you are first or second, at the end of the season you get the chance to prove what you got! Why don't we all stop crying about this and just wait till the big game like big boys
You just can't pass up an opportunity to bash UT, or jump on a team's nuts that you think has a shot at beating them. Your post was pretty stupid. If you look at everyone's posts we all said that Texas was going to beat OSU, but still get bumped back to #2. EVERYONE knew that was going to happen before the game, it had nothing to do with the score, it was gonna happen. Then we have the matter of you trying to judge a team by going all the way back to 2002. IF both teams were the same exact teams, never lost a coach or player, that would still be iffy, but considerable. Texas has lost people, gained people, and just improved so much over the last 3 years. I'm a die-hard UT fan, but I've been saying we shouldn't be ranked as high as we were until we've proven it. Well, we've proven it and we can play with any team in the nation, and probably beat them all too. We could talk about USC coming out flat against many unranked teams, but you'd just ignore those posts .
post #48 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 02:53 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

I was unaware that a given year's poll should reflect back three years previous. If that's the case, it may be a decade before aggy sniffs a ranking.

Quote:

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #49 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 06:46 AM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
LMAO
You know it's a down year for A&M, when the best aggie moral victory is a halftime score of a game in which UT won by 19 points.

Quote:
...proved they could be run and gunned on by the non ranked bottom feeders of the big twelve.
UT hasn't played A&M yet.

Quote:
and tu just finally got past Oklahoma this year after being OUs bitch for five years. I mean it was Ike beating on Tina there for a while.
What's it like being UT's bitch?

POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGIIIIIIIEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph

Last edited by Boss Hogg; 11-08-2005 at 06:54 AM.
post #50 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 06:52 AM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
You know it's a down year for A&M, when the best aggie moral victory is a halftime score of a game in which UT won by 19 points.
LMAO!!

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement