TO done for the year - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

TO done for the year

and then will be deactivated according to Reid.

Time for the Cowboys to pickup another bad boy.

Glenn, Johnson and Owens... doesn't sound too too bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Banned

He's overrated.
post #3 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:21 PM
Full tilt boogie !!

I don't care how GOOD TO is, if they bring that motherfucker to Dallas, I may have to denounce the boys.

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.

post #4 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:21 PM
Time Served

i dont think TO will be in dallas anytime soon, what a disrespectful clown, how can you be the number 1 receiver if you cant even stay active for a full season? dallas wont stoop that low, we dont need the NFL street trash here...
post #5 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:21 PM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.

Please no Owens here.
post #6 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:21 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

I'm in agreement. Any team that picks him up will lose my respect (if they even had it before).

post #7 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:21 PM
What Can Brown Do For You

nah he's not overrated... he was going to have a great season, but don't doubt him being in a cowboy uniform or with houston!
post #8 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2
He's overrated.
Highly.

Year Team G Rec Yds Avg Lg TD
1996 SF 16 35 520 14.9 46 4
1997 SF 16 60 936 15.6 56 8
1998 SF 16 67 1097 16.4 79 14
1999 SF 14 60 754 12.6 36 4
2000 SF 14 97 1451 15.0 69 13
2001 SF 16 93 1412 15.2 60 16
2002 SF 14 100 1300 13.0 76 13
2003 SF 15 80 1102 13.8 75 9
2004 PHI 14 77 1200 15.6 59 14
2005 PHI 7 47 763 16.2 91 6
post #9 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by regaltip
nah he's not overrated... he was going to have a great season, but don't doubt him being in a cowboy uniform or with houston!
You think Parcell's will put up with Owens bullshit. That guy overrates himself more than any player in history. He's like the sucky version of Muhammad(sp?) Ali.
post #10 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:27 PM
Recovering Lush

He (was) the best active receiver. Those stats leave out that he did most of that playing for crappy teams, with crappy qb's, and crappy OLs.

He's an ass of the first class, and nas no business on the Boys, but he can play.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #11 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2
You think Parcell's will put up with Owens bullshit. That guy overrates himself more than any player in history. He's like the sucky version of Muhammad(sp?) Ali.
oh no i agree... i was kidding about him playing for the Boys... no way... but i do think he might end up with Houston.. they are the worst team and if released Houston would have 1st dibs... anyhow.. i don't think he's overrated... i think his mouth is overrated and needs to shut up and play!!!
post #12 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
oh no i agree... i was kidding about him playing for the Boys... no way... but i do think he might end up with Houston.. they are the worst team and if released Houston would have 1st dibs... anyhow.. i don't think he's overrated... i think his mouth is overrated and needs to shut up and play!!!
I don't think Houston could afford TO. At least not what he thinks he's worth. Plus, he's not going to go to a team where he doesn't think he can win games. I'm not saying he's not good, he's just not as good as he thinks he is. IMO.
post #13 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:33 PM

I know one thing, that big pay day isn't coming anytime soon!!!
post #14 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:38 PM
Time Served

He is not over rated he is not only the best reciever in the NFL, but he is the best player in the NFL he cant be covered. I mean just look what he did to Champ Bailey last week one of the best corners in the league, and he just toasted him all game long. However, he needs to shut his mouth and just play.
post #15 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlofton
He is not over rated he is not only the best reciever in the NFL, but he is the best player in the NFL he cant be covered. I mean just look what he did to Champ Bailey last week one of the best corners in the league, and he just toasted him all game long. However, he needs to shut his mouth and just play.
Jerry Rice 4 lyfe.
post #16 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
Please no Owens here.

i'm with stupied

89 Coupe
02 GT
post #17 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

I don't give a shit how big his mouth is.

The man can catch a football and there are very few if any in the NFL that has much success defending him. Let the Ds in the NFL defend Glenn, Owens and Johnson every game.

Johnson, Glenn, Owens as Cowboys... find a consistent running back and we are back in the early-mid 90s. Bledsoe has another year or two in him and he is having one of his best years ever at QB in the NFL.
post #18 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra

The man can catch a football and there are very few if any in the NFL that has much success defending him. Let the Ds in the NFL defend Glenn, Owens and Johnson every game.

Johnson, Glenn, Owens as Cowboys... find a consistent running back and we are back in the early-mid 90s. Bledsoe has another year or two in him and he is having one of his best years ever at QB in the NFL.
sounds nice, but will the ego's allow them to be a good team? plus, Johnson and Owens in the same room would be murder waiting to happen.. forget it!!!!
post #19 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
sounds nice, but will the ego's allow them to be a good team? plus, Johnson and Owens in the same room would be murder waiting to happen.. forget it!!!!
Buy TO his own damn locker room.
post #20 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Time Served

I totally agree. I mean Keyshawn had a huge mouth when he played for Tampa, but for some reason when he has played for Parcells he has kept it shut. I think TO would do the same. That would be an awsome combo TO, Keyshawn, Terry Glenn, along with Bledsoe, and Jason Whitten. Whew hard to stop that.

Quote:

post #21 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:53 PM

agreed, but don't think it will happen... he might end up in Washington.. and that would be a threat as well to see Moss and Owens together... ouch!!!
post #22 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Time Served

It would be worth a try. I mean on paper that would be the best offense by far in the league.
Quote:
don't know if parcells can handle them all???
post #23 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:56 PM
American Idol

Green Bay? They could use a receiver.

"I don't have a problem with anger, I have a problem with idiots!"
post #24 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:58 PM

green bay could use a QB as well!!!
post #25 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:59 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Green Bay has pride and morals. They wouldn't let that trash on their team.

The Jags would (Del Rio is a cocksucker).

The Falcons probably would, but not for his asking price.

The Saints would (Haslett is a piece of shit too).

The Cowboys would (it's all about image to Jerry Jones anyways).

post #26 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Time Served

I actually do agree with what TO said. If Bret Farve were the QB of the Eagles they would be undefeated.
Quote:
post #27 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:02 PM
Recovering Lush

McNabb is one of the best QBs in the NFL. Classy guy, too.

The QB position is NOT the Iggles problem. It was a dumb, classless comment to make about a teammate.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #28 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Time Served

The two teams out of that bunch that TO would want to play for are the Falcons and the Cowboys. Due to the fact that they actually have a chance of winning. Out of the Cowboys and Falcons he would choose the Cowboys more than likely, becuase the Falcons run the ball way to much for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof

post #29 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:05 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
I actually do agree with what TO said. If Bret Farve were the QB of the Eagles they would be undefeated.
That's not the point.

It's not what he said. It's how how he went about saying it... who he said it to. You have to know when to open your mouth and when to keep it shut.

If he would have said it in the locker room out of frustration, as opposed to an interview with ESPN, it would be an entirely different story. It's one thing to bring morale down in the locker room after a loss.

It's another thing to publicize it as freely and with as much discontent as he did in such a broad forum.

post #30 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Lifer

I wonder what would the outcry be if he hadnt agreed with what was said by Irvin, though. Would people like Madden jump up and say he is bad mouthing Favre? This to me was a lose-lose situation for TO after what has happened in the past with the Eagles. Time to cut ties and move on and hope he doesnt end up on a team that is in the NFC East.
post #31 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:13 PM
Banned

Quote:

Hell, Falcons don't need a receiver. If their current receivers can't get open Vick just does the job himself.
post #32 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Time Served

I know the way he went about saying it was wrong, and thats the reason he isnt playing anymore. Does he have morals? No not at all. But you have to remember back in the early 90's. The Cowboys had Dieon Sanders, Micheal Irvin, Nate Newton, and Leon Lett all on the same team. Did those guys have any morals at that time? Not at all. Did they manage to win a lot of games with those guys? Yes they did. So why not add TO, and put up with his and Keyshawns BS, and go back to the days of the early to mid 90's?
Quote:
That's not the point.

It's not what he said. It's how how he went about saying it... who he said it to. You have to know when to open your mouth and when to keep it shut.

If he would have said it in the locker room out of frustration, as opposed to an interview with ESPN, it would be an entirely different story. It's one thing to bring morale down in the locker room after a loss.

It's another thing to publicize it as freely and with as much discontent as he did in such a broad forum.
post #33 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:

Yea, Green Bay has NEVER had a thug...omg....put the kool aid down.
They gave the wife beater how many chances? Gilbert whatever. And then the stat rape problems thy had, back when they were winning. Don't try to put GB on some ivory tower. They're no better than anyone else.
And, IIRC, didn't Dallas pass on Moss not once....but twice?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #34 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
I know the way he went about saying it was wrong, and thats the reason he isnt playing anymore. Does he have morals? No not at all. But you have to remember back in the early 90's. The Cowboys had Dieon Sanders, Micheal Irvin, Nate Newton, and Leon Lett all on the same team. Did those guys have any morals at that time? Not at all. Did they manage to win a lot of games with those guys? Yes they did. So why not add TO, and put up with his and Keyshawns BS, and go back to the days of the early to mid 90's?
TO is a bigger dirt bag than any of the afore mentioned players. Those guys knew what being a teammate means. TO knows nothing of that.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #35 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Time Served

I think if he came to Dallas, and played for Parcells he may not say the things he says now. Thats what I was saying about Keyshawn. Before he played for Parcells he was just like TO. He even wrote a book that was titled "Just Give me the Damn Ball." Then Parcells came in to coach the Jets, and he was a different person. Then he went to Tampa and under Gruden went back to his old ways. Now again under Parcells is a different person. I think TO would be the same way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
TO is a bigger dirt bag than any of the afore mentioned players. Those guys knew what being a teammate means. TO knows nothing of that.
post #36 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:41 PM
Punkslapper

TO is a poison. He shows his talent and then shows his ass. Every team that he has played for and will play for ends up in the shitter. I hope that he is picked up by the Redskins.
post #37 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:42 PM
P1

Quote:
Highly.

Year Team G Rec Yds Avg Lg TD
2000 SF 14 97 1451 15.0 69 13
2001 SF 16 93 1412 15.2 60 16
2002 SF 14 100 1300 13.0 76 13
2003 SF 15 80 1102 13.8 75 9
2004 PHI 14 77 1200 15.6 59 14
2005 PHI 7 47 763 16.2 91 6
hope you are being sarcastic

Oh! A phoneg is ringin....
post #38 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:43 PM
Lifer

he should go to the texans or cincinatti and play with chad johnson and that other reciever that I cannot spell or say his name....lol

1995 cobra bolt ons red with black cloth 1.76 60'

13.27 at 102.83 6123' air ... in shop getting procharged d1sc canfield heads etc etc
post #39 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:45 PM
P1

Quote:

i hope you are referring to the fact that he is on his way out.....cuz in my book favre is 2nd on my all time list of QBs behind elway....of course that only includes QBs that have played in my era 80 to present

post #40 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:47 PM
P1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy532
he should go to the texans or cincinatti and play with chad johnson and that other reciever that I cannot spell or say his name....lol

t.j. houshmandzadeh

post #41 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Full tilt boogie !!

If you could garauntee (sp) that the Cowboys would win a superbowl next year if TO was here, I still wouldnt want that dirtbag on my team, I dont care how good he is.

HAIL GEORGE TEAGUE

post #42 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Time Served

I know the way he has acted in Phili, and SF. But after all this I think the Cowboys would be a much better team with him. If he acts as he has in Phili. Do what they did to him and just suspend him for the rest of the yr.
post #43 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo'syellow4.6
i hope you are referring to the fact that he is on his way out.....cuz in my book favre is 2nd on my all time list of QBs behind elway....of course that only includes QBs that have played in my era 80 to present
nothing against favre great QB, but his time was done last year.... Aaron Rogers needs a shot!
post #44 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
nothing against favre great QB, but his time was done last year.... Aaron Rogers needs a shot!
Didn't Favre get in trouble for being too much of a fan of shots, at one time?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #45 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 04:05 PM
Time Served

I dont agree with that at all. Look at all the injuries that The Pack has had this yr. I think Brett has a couple more yrs left in him. And I also think throwing Aaron Rogers in the fire at this point would be a disaster. I am not a Packers fan at all, but I do have the up most respect for Brett after all he has been through the past couple of yrs with his personal life.
Quote:
post #46 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 04:14 PM
gear jammer

San Diego could use him.He would compliment Brees,LT, and Antonio Gates nicely if he kept his mouth shut.

Live..ride..dream

1998 Suzuki TL1000
1983 HD FXSB
post #47 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 04:16 PM
Recovering Lush

Fuck him. He dishonored The Star. Let his sorry ass rot on Philly's bench.

Quote:
I know the way he has acted in Phili, and SF. But after all this I think the Cowboys would be a much better team with him. If he acts as he has in Phili. Do what they did to him and just suspend him for the rest of the yr.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #48 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Time Served

I think that would create a to many chiefs and not enough indians type situation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky
San Diego could use him.He would compliment Brees,LT, and Antonio Gates nicely if he kept his mouth shut.
post #49 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 04:18 PM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.

Quote:
Didn't Favre get in trouble for being too much of a fan of shots, at one time?

He used to love him some pain killers
post #50 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Full tilt boogie !!

Quote:
Fuck him. He dishonored The Star. Let his sorry ass rot on Philly's bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txstang1

HAIL GEORGE TEAGUE

Sponsored Links
Advertisement