Ufc - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Ufc

Dont forget about the ultimate finale of the ultimate fighter 2. It is on now from 8 to 11 and then they replay it again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 07:19 PM
Yea Im fat, but ur ugly!

chea

I got 10.00 on that Rashad dude. He has a strong chin.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

awesome first fight

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 08:48 PM
KJ94GT

I don't like Nick Diaz, but i wanna see him humble Diego in a bad way.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 09:09 PM
RED
The Redness

Im with you KJ, I cant stand Diego. He thinks he is a badass. Bout time they throw him to wolves.

96 Cobra- "Pinky" slow still.......
04 RXP- 75.6 mph on the GPS. My ski makes more power then Pinky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
Yea, RED, take that... until you inherit some money, you aren't shit!! Loser
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 10:37 PM
Hero in a half shell

I was disappointed in how the first and last fight turned out. I surely thought Cote was going to drill that other guy in the ground. Parts of that fight almost seemed staged. And then Sanchez vs. Diez, I was expecting Diez to kill Sanchez and was hoping he would but I should have known that Diego was going to win on a big event that's live on Spike like this. Seems to me that somehow the UFC reality series fighters always come out on top against better established fighters...hmmmm, makes you wonder if there were any "under the table" deals going on

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 10:47 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_redhotcobra_x
I was disappointed in how the first and last fight turned out. I surely thought Cote was going to drill that other guy in the ground. Parts of that fight almost seemed staged. And then Sanchez vs. Diez, I was expecting Diez to kill Sanchez and was hoping he would but I should have known that Diego was going to win on a big event that's live on Spike like this. Seems to me that somehow the UFC reality series fighters always come out on top against better established fighters...hmmmm, makes you wonder if there were any "under the table" deals going on

LOL. Diaz is all mouth. Just because he lands a lucky tomorrow punch and presses the fight everyone favors him. Hate to tell ya, but Sanchez is the real deal. Sanchez does not care about keeping the crowd on their feet, giving a good show or any of that mess. Diego is all about winning and that is it. That's why is wanted to part of even trying to stand up with Diaz. He had an advantage on the ground and wanted to keep it there. It's not the toe to toe action like Griffin/Bonnar just throwing blows hoping for a lottery punch. Grappling takes ALOT of skill especially against another grappler. Diaz had the advantage on the stand up end and wanted to stay there because he had the longer reach but he couldn't stop Sanchez's takedowns.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 11:45 PM
dead

diego is gonna get a real lesson when he steps up to the big leagues and fights st. pierre
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2005, 06:04 AM
Lifer

I enjoyed the show last night. Pretty good matchups, UFC has got to be happy with the success of the TUF finale shows thus far.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2005, 06:24 AM
KJ94GT

I really don't like Nick Diaz but he was certainly no chump. He's not the most skilled striker in the world but he's definitely no slouch. And his ground game is phenomenal. Look what the guy was doing. Diaz does need to fine-tune his striking. I'm seriously shocked that Sanchez won. If Diaz had just locked in one of his many submission attempts, it would've been over obviously.
Sanchez will get a wakeup call against St. Pierre.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 11:14 AM
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo stallion
diego is gonna get a real lesson when he steps up to the big leagues and fights st. pierre
lol, can't wait for that fight to happen

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 11:29 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_redhotcobra_x
lol, can't wait for that fight to happen

Look for the two stand outs from each season to fight soon. Diego Sanchez vs Joe Stevenson. Read it in a MMA article yesterday. It's all about putting butts in the seats and selling PPV. The match up makes sense if you think about it. Similar styles, same show different season etc.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 11:30 AM
Bitter Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
LOL. Diaz is all mouth. Just because he lands a lucky tomorrow punch and presses the fight everyone favors him.
LOL
Slow down man, Nick is the real deal. He lost a fight tonight, Big deal. He will be back and I'm sure he will win many more fights. Diago fought a good fight he just best be glad Big John did not stop the fight to look at the cut.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Banned

I went over to a friends house to watch it. Makes me want cable really bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement