UT fans have no right to call other teams overrated - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
BOOMER SOONER!

UT fans have no right to call other teams overrated

Yes, the one man show handled his business in the second half, but I think it's time to shut up about VT being overrated. 37 1/2 point favorites don't struggle against teams that are maybe ranked mid 70's if they're lucky.

One thing UT can't afford is to make voters doubt their decisions & believe VT is a better choice, last night didn't help the cause. Keep that shit up & you'll be cancelling your flights to Pasadena.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 08:23 AM
MFFL!

Well, I don't ever base a game on what happens in the first half too much. When it mattered, UT played D and their offense went bananas. I think they'll remember the comeback more than the shoddy play in the first half.
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
BOOMER SOONER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_marc
Well, I don't ever base a game on what happens in the first half too much. When it mattered, UT played D and their offense went bananas. I think they'll remember the comeback more than the shoddy play in the first half.
don't get me wrong, I want a Big 12 team in the NC without a doubt, but sloppy games like yesterday will let VT creep up a little more(voters are just lookin for a reason to fuck the Big 12). UT should have won by 50, no bullshit.

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 08:29 AM
HPP = GHEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder99TA
Yes, the one man show handled his business in the second half, but I think it's time to shut up about VT being overrated. 37 1/2 point favorites don't struggle against teams that are maybe ranked mid 70's if they're lucky.

One thing UT can't afford is to make voters doubt their decisions & believe VT is a better choice, last night didn't help the cause. Keep that shit up & you'll be cancelling your flights to Pasadena.

i take it you lost money huh.... well that sucks but texas maybe overrated ALITTLE not much and yeah we have a hell of a team...

Let the battle STARRRRTTTTT...

Nick's Custom Detailing 214-205-1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybo View Post
Don't care if you do. This is not going to be another talk about Kenny's Cobalt thread. I know what my other car runs and I am proud of it. It might be hard for you to swallow that pill, but there are lots of 4 bangers that run 13s and better. SRT-4 Neons, Cobalt SS's, Saturn Sky Redline's and Evo's do it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
BOOMER SOONER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown4.6
i take it you lost money huh.... well that sucks but texas maybe overrated ALITTLE not much and yeah we have a hell of a team...

Let the battle STARRRRTTTTT...

sorry, no wager here.
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 08:48 AM

wasn't usc favored by 41 against arizona, and they had to have a late 4th quarter comeback. every team plays sloppy sometimes, but TEXAS was just good enough to overcome the horrific start like usc did. VT IS SO OVERRATED!!!!

HOOK EM HORNS!!!
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 02:11 PM

Every team has those games during the course of the year.

Texas didn't play like a #2 team in the first half.

USC has looked just a bad at times.

Difference is that when their backs were against the wall they shut the other team down completely and took car of business.

All teams can look overrated when they are struggling... I still say UT>VTech though
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 03:38 PM
M0DERAT0R

OU wins a game against a crappy Nebraska team and the Sooners come out of the closet.

OU is overrated!

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 04:41 PM
Lifer

I believe USC has struggled against two unranked teams in the first half and came back and won the game. They must be overrated also. I guess any team in the top 10 who struggles against a team that is not ranked is a overrated team.
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 04:45 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Every top team will struggle in a game or two. I don't think anyone is worried.

post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 05:19 PM
Never settle always excel

I agree teams struggle but everyone on here that is a UT fan has been saying how great Texas is and if anyone would have said the OSU will go into the half up by 10+ last friday the horns fans on here would have went ape shit. I think a little humble pie goes a long way. At best you can now say VT/Texas are in a dead heat not VT is over rated and Texas is untouchable!
post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 05:23 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
I agree teams struggle but everyone on here that is a UT fan has been saying how great Texas is and if anyone would have said the OSU will go into the half up by 10+ last friday the horns fans on here would have went ape shit. I think a little humble pie goes a long way. At best you can now say VT/Texas are in a dead heat not VT is over rated and Texas is untouchable!
Well Texas is untouchable cause they have beat two top 10 teams. who has VT play. They have a good game next week but that is it.
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 05:25 PM
not exclude

Lol, as much as I agree that the humility was up and coming...Texas and VT are far from a dead heat. TX and USC are in a dead heat right now. .0009 as opposed to .06

On another note, anyone find it funny this thread was created by a Sooner?
post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
Well Texas is untouchable cause they have beat two top 10 teams. who has VT play. They have a good game next week but that is it.
I call BS everyone was saying VT was over rated and stating "we'll see" after the BC game. VT will knock off Miami and then you'll just say Miami wasn't all that. Dude you team went into half time down by 16 to the worst team in the BIG 12 that has not happened to VT all year worst half was down by 7 the Maryland and not so bad ACC team. Keep hating you're just feeling the pressure of VT moving into the #2 slot and pushing tu back a space LOL.
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 05:44 PM
not exclude

Eh, I have never thought much of anything of BC...I don't know why anyone else would. I can't wait for Miami, however.
post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 05:46 PM

Quote:
I call BS everyone was saying VT was over rated and stating "we'll see" after the BC game. VT will knock off Miami and then you'll just say Miami wasn't all that. Dude you team went into half time down by 16 to the worst team in the BIG 12 that has not happened to VT all year worst half was down by 7 the Maryland and not so bad ACC team. Keep hating you're just feeling the pressure of VT moving into the #2 slot and pushing tu back a space LOL.
If football games only lasted 2 quarters, you'd have one hell of an argument!

It's too bad A&M was down after 2 and 4

post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 06:03 PM

whatever your team is its overated

sincerley
UT fan
post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 06:35 PM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
I call BS everyone was saying VT was over rated and stating "we'll see" after the BC game.
Who is everyone? I said BC sucks.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 06:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
Who is everyone? I said BC sucks.
Anyone is likes UT according to him
post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 07:39 PM
Lifer

I would NOT say anyone is "untouchable". It is extremely difficult to be "up" for every game of the season. It's hard to not take someone lightly when you're favored by 37 points.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #21 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
BOOMER SOONER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
OU wins a game against a crappy Nebraska team and the Sooners come out of the closet.

OU is overrated!
OU's 3 losses have come to teams with a combined record of 23-1, not bad for a bunch of freshman & sophmores.
post #22 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
BOOMER SOONER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
Lol, as much as I agree that the humility was up and coming...Texas and VT are far from a dead heat. TX and USC are in a dead heat right now. .0009 as opposed to .06

On another note, anyone find it funny this thread was created by a Sooner?

Say what you will, but i've gone on record more than once saying im all for the Big 12(UT included) come bowl time & I damned sure don't want some east coast fucks stealing UT's chance.

Just mentioning that UT fans talk shit about VT when they squeak by a team they should have handled, now same goes for UT.

With UT's remaining schedule it would be a good thing for them to blow folks out, no one wants the voters to get doubts, me included.
post #23 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 08:19 PM
Lifer

Ummm, UT didn't "squeak" by shit. They had a bad half, then scored 47 unanswered points in the second half. Not a "squeak" by any stretch. No last minute heroics were needed at all. After the initial second-half drive, everyone in the entire audience knew what was comming, including the commentators broadcasting the game.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #24 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 08:27 PM
Lifer

actually i believe it was great osu play in the first half that made texas struggle coming out, after the first half texas really stepped it up and their depth and talent killed us, i mean it help having an experienced back like r. taylor when young and charles cant play, thats something we dont have right now. i think osu is possibly turning a corner into the season and i believe we still have a chance to win out with a qb who made huge improvements from the past 2 weeks. i hope ou ttech and baylor are ready.

"We did not even start off flat," Young said. "If you watch film, we were playing our game. It was because they were pumped and they were excited, especially being at home in front of their fans. Who's not going to be excited playing the No. 1 team in the nation?

"They had nothing to lose," Brown said. "They had played fairly poorly the last couple of weeks. Everybody said they've got no chance, and they've got good players.
post #25 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 08:58 PM

OSU is still the worst team in the Big 12. Don't get too excited.

post #26 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 09:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
And Texas is still #2 in the nation
post #27 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 09:27 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
actually i can be as excited as i feel like, osu with freshman running around everywhere, a qb that has a whole 3 true college games played put up 28 points on the #1 team in the nation while making huge improvements in all facets of the game.

Originally Posted by 99BRINGIT
He is looking to drop a dime on USC. Let me be the first to tell you guys.........Oklahoma will come to play, and Oklahoma will win BIG.
post #28 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 09:29 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotino15
actually i can be as excited as i feel like, osu with freshman running around everywhere, a qb that has a whole 3 true college games played put up 28 points on the #1 team in the nation while making huge improvements in all facets of the game.
ok and then what happen after that
post #29 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 09:34 PM
Lifer

hopefully win out and go to a bowl game, although unlikely, at least a win in a conference game before the end of the season would be nice.
post #30 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Ummm, UT didn't "squeak" by shit. They had a bad half, then scored 47 unanswered points in the second half. Not a "squeak" by any stretch. No last minute heroics were needed at all. After the initial second-half drive, everyone in the entire audience knew what was comming, including the commentators broadcasting the game.
I think your're BSing us on that score hero. They went into the half down by 16 the score stood at 28 to 12. tu then scored 35 unanswered points in the second half to have a final of 47 total points. SO lets not try to make it look better than it did. tu played like a 20th ranked team in the first half. This was seen by the entire country it makes matters worse that they did so to the absolute worst team in the Big 12 heck OSU is currently 0-5 in Big 12 play.
post #31 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 08:18 AM
CEO of......

Quote:
I think your're BSing us on that score hero. They went into the half down by 16 the score stood at 28 to 12. tu then scored 35 unanswered points in the second half to have a final of 47 total points. SO lets not try to make it look better than it did. tu played like a 20th ranked team in the first half. This was seen by the entire country it makes matters worse that they did so to the absolute worst team in the Big 12 heck OSU is currently 0-5 in Big 12 play.

you do realize they won the game, right?

texas does this and they're OVERRATED, usc does this and it's a comeback of champions. it's ok, i like being underestimated
post #32 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 08:27 AM
Old School

Texas could have tacked on another touchdown if they really wanted to. Did you see VY purposely slide in bounds to keep the clock running so they wouldnt score again? But what would that prove?

I still hold to my claim that there probably will be two legit undefeated teams left come bowl slection time. Got one step closer to that this weekend.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #33 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 08:35 AM
Recovering Lush

No, I can look at both polls and see Texas is clearly ranked higher than VT. Texas has beater higher ranked teams. If VT beats Thug U this week, then m,aybe they'll be on to something. Until then........
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #34 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 09:40 AM
Banned

Who the hell is Virginia Tech?
post #35 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 09:49 AM
Recovering Lush

A Technical school in the hills of Virginia.......so, since they're in competition with arkiesaw for Hillbilly Capital, I'm guessing that means they is more technologically advanced. Hell, I've heard they are leading the charge in VA to design a flushable toilet!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2
Who the hell is Virginia Tech?

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #36 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
A Technical school in the hills of Virginia.......so, since they're in competition with arkiesaw for Hillbilly Capital, I'm guessing that means they is more technologically advanced. Hell, I've heard they are leading the charge in VA to design a flushable toilet!!!!
Well actually VA Tech was established in 1872, 11 years before that of the University of Texas. Texas was nothing more than a northern province of Mexico when Virginia was producing the most educated americans of the time and 4 of the first five Presidents. Heck my state has produced 8 Presidents over the years. If you knew Texas history then you'd know that it was John Tyler of Virginia who at the end of his Presidency annexed this wonderful state known as Texas. To call us hillbillies is a gross stereotype. Hell even the founding fathers of Texas, Sam Houston and Stephen F. Austin were both born in Virginia. You see if you are a student of history then you would understand that Virginia has produced the very individuals that brought you Texas. You should thank my home state not belittle it. I love Texas but I also realize most people who claim Texas as home have no clue as to it's beginnings.
post #37 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 10:22 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Well actually VA Tech was established in 1872, 11 years before that of the University of Texas. Texas was nothing more than a northern province of Mexico when Virginia was producing the most educated americans of the time and 4 of the first five Presidents. Heck my state has produced 8 Presidents over the years. If you knew Texas history then you'd know that it was John Tyler of Virginia who at the end of his Presidency annexed this wonderful state known as Texas. To call us hillbillies is a gross stereotype. Hell even the founding fathers of Texas, Sam Houston and Stephen F. Austin were both born in Virginia. You see if you are a student of history then you would understand that Virginia has produced the very individuals that brought you Texas. You should thank my home state not belittle it. I love Texas but I also realize most people who claim Texas as home have no clue as to it's beginnings.
Ok and I guess you should thanks all of Europe for your state then since they came over from there
post #38 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
Ok and I guess you should thanks all of Europe for your state then since they came over from there
Well of course I must thank England they were against us at the start but have proved to be one of greatest allies. You may need to read a little to keep up with me on history, it is something I hold a passion for.
post #39 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 10:35 AM
Recovering Lush

Either you're a Texan or a Virginian. As a Texan, you are required to be loyal and faithful, as well as bash all other states when given an opportunity....

As to what brought us Texas, that's too far stretching of an answer to get into here. Hell, I'd say Santa Anna's egomania and stubborness had just as much to do with Texas being here, as anything else. Had he agreed to honor the Constitution of 1824 as SF Austin pleaded with him to do (and was subsequently jailed for doing so), there would have been no Alamo, no Goliad, no Annahuac, and no San Jacinto, much less any Texas Independence. (Most likely at some point down the road there would have been a degree of TX Independence, but it wouldn't be nearly as romanticized as the "Truth.") Now, if the hillbilly remark personally offended you, don't take it personally. It comes from a stereotype about a state, and most stereotypes are rooted in some degree of truth. I mean, there ARE just a FEW hillbillies in the hills of VA, beautiful as they (the hills) may be. And about your home of record, most Texans would be mortified to see someone who claims to be a Texan talking up another state. I'm quite sure it's an offense punishable by 2-10 years confinement in Bryan College Station.

Quote:

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #40 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 10:37 AM
Recovering Lush

Ever since seeing "Great Balls of Fire," all I can think of when I see the word "England" is Quaid as Jerry Lee saying in that great country drawl...."Ae-ngland? Ae-ngland can kiss my ass!"

Quote:
Well of course I must thank England they were against us at the start but have proved to be one of greatest allies. You may need to read a little to keep up with me on history, it is something I hold a passion for.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #41 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 10:51 AM
not exclude

Quote:
Who revved the DeLorean? Hook'Em spoke in present tense.
post #42 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I am not expecting you to grasp the concept laid before you.
post #43 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 10:56 AM
Recovering Lush

Did someone take the car off of Sooner's hands for a little test drive?!?!?!?

Quote:

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #44 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 10:56 AM
not exclude

Quote:
I am not expecting you to grasp the concept laid before you.
Yeah, yeah...and Mongolia was great back in the day too.
post #45 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Either you're a Texan or a Virginian. As a Texan, you are required to be loyal and faithful, as well as bash all other states when given an opportunity....

As to what brought us Texas, that's too far stretching of an answer to get into here. Hell, I'd say Santa Anna's egomania and stubborness had just as much to do with Texas being here, as anything else. Had he agreed to honor the Constitution of 1824 as SF Austin pleaded with him to do (and was subsequently jailed for doing so), there would have been no Alamo, no Goliad, no Annahuac, and no San Jacinto, much less any Texas Independence. (Most likely at some point down the road there would have been a degree of TX Independence, but it wouldn't be nearly as romanticized as the "Truth.") Now, if the hillbilly remark personally offended you, don't take it personally. It comes from a stereotype about a state, and most stereotypes are rooted in some degree of truth. I mean, there ARE just a FEW hillbillies in the hills of VA, beautiful as they (the hills) may be. And about your home of record, most Texans would be mortified to see someone who claims to be a Texan talking up another state. I'm quite sure it's an offense punishable by 2-10 years confinement in Bryan College Station.
Well Ididn't take it in a personal manner just one that allowed for a lesson. I do agree that Santa Anna was a catalyst for Texas Independence just as you should accept that it was great men birthed in Virginia that laid the frame work for Texas in beginning.
post #46 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 11:05 AM
Recovering Lush

Again, they played a role. I recognize that. Just as voters in TN that prompted Crockett to hop 1/2 drunk on his horse with the famous parting words to them: "I'm going to Texas. You all can go to hell." He was no different than most of the volunteers that came from TN....full of spit and venom and nothing to lose. Who played a larger role could be debated and "proven" time and time again for hours on end, so it's pointless to go there.

Quote:
Well Ididn't take it in a personal manner just one that allowed for a lesson. I do agree that Santa Anna was a catalyst for Texas Independence just as you should accept that it was great men birthed in Virginia that laid the frame work for Texas in beginning.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #47 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 11:22 AM
M0DERAT0R

History smack.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #48 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 11:40 AM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
So if you're saying UT played like the "20th ranked team in the first half," then OSU must've played like a top 10 ranked team in the first half which shows how pumped they were for the game. And as for close games, every top team has at least one. There are lots of time when an unranked/lesser opponent plays above themselves because they have nothing to lose. As for the whole VT/UT thing, I seem to remember VT squeaking by NC State 20-16 to start the season. Let's see, NCSU is now 3-4 and starting to talk about firing their coach. Does that count as a close game against a lesser/unranked opponent????

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
post #49 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 12:02 PM
M0DERAT0R

Texas did not win by 19 points! OSU beat Texas. The final score was 28-9.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #50 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 12:58 PM
What Can Brown Do For You

someone wake me up in January, when we play in Pasadena... and everyone else is doing what?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement