post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
Reggie is FRAAAAAAAANTASTIC!
LMAO!!!
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 09:30 PM
Lifer

Vince was great on the ground (again), but less than spectacular in the air. Several poorly thrown balls, missing one wide open receiver, and under-throwing another in the end zone. Of course, the INT and the fumble at a crucial time in the game. Another reason I'll stick to my guns about VY not being an NFL QB.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Vince was great on the ground (again), but less than spectacular in the air. Several poorly thrown balls, missing one wide open receiver, and under-throwing another in the end zone. Of course, the INT and the fumble at a crucial time in the game. Another reason I'll stick to my guns about VY not being an NFL QB.
Right now all he needs to be concerned with is being a college QB and winning games. I'd say he's done a pretty good job at that so far.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 09:52 PM
Lifer

I think if reggie had vinces offensive line he would be a beter qb

1995 cobra bolt ons red with black cloth 1.76 60'

13.27 at 102.83 6123' air ... in shop getting procharged d1sc canfield heads etc etc
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy532
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion no matter how wrong it may be.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 10:13 PM
Lifer

Up to now, his silly mistakes have been overlooked because of the brilliant plays he pulls off. I just hope we don't see a game where his errors out-weigh his positives. The reference to him being an NFL QB, is to all you VY jock-sniffers who actually think he'll be the 2nd coming of Randall Cunningham. After watching his back-up, I hope he stays healthy...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Up to now, his silly mistakes have been overlooked because of the brilliant plays he pulls off. I just hope we don't see a game where his errors out-weigh his positives. The reference to him being an NFL QB, is to all you VY jock-sniffers who actually think he'll be the 2nd coming of Randall Cunningham. After watching his back-up, I hope he stays healthy...
[Italian Mobster Boss Voice]Don't worry about it[/Italian Mobster Boss Voice]
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 08:21 AM
BOOMER SOONER!

UT fans should quit worrying about Reggie & start blowing out teams they should have handled by halftime, voters are finicky & can turn on a team in an instant if UT keeps that shit up.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 08:51 AM

we have baylor, kansas and the faggies coming up, im not worried.

HOOK EM' HORNS!!
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 08:47 AM
Recovering Lush

The fumble was a horrible call. The int was a cluster. The WR stopped running, Vince never checked off....bad series of events in one play. Say what you want, his arm is 300% better than last year. He would benefit from another summer like last year's. Will he be a Cunningham? God, I hope not...the NFL has enuff whiney cry-babies. Bottom line, as Vince go, goe the Horns. The guy single handedly beat OSU in the 2nd half, and according to the sports egg spurts over the weekend, (several of them, at least) established himself as the frontrunner for the Heisman. (That 80+ yard scamper had "Gimme the damn Heisman" written all over it.)

Quote:

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 08:48 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder99TA
UT fans should quit worrying about Reggie & start blowing out teams they should have handled by halftime, voters are finicky & can turn on a team in an instant if UT keeps that shit up.
It's one damn 1/2. Besides, IIRC, when OU was making title runs OSU seems to have given them fits on more than one occasion.

BTW, how do us fans start blowing out teams?

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 10:59 AM
yellowcobra

Reggie is an exceptinal player, but VY is on a whole other level. I wish Reggie the best ( for BCS reasons ) but I think that VY is head and shoulders above Reggie.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 11:06 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcobra
Reggie is an exceptinal player, but VY is on a whole other level. I wish Reggie the best ( for BCS reasons ) but I think that VY is head and shoulders above Reggie.

I swear I've seen that sn before but if not.......
Helluva first post!

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 11:19 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
The fumble was a horrible call. The int was a cluster. The WR stopped running, Vince never checked off....bad series of events in one play. Say what you want, his arm is 300% better than last year. He would benefit from another summer like last year's. Will he be a Cunningham? God, I hope not...the NFL has enuff whiney cry-babies. Bottom line, as Vince go, goe the Horns. The guy single handedly beat OSU in the 2nd half, and according to the sports egg spurts over the weekend, (several of them, at least) established himself as the frontrunner for the Heisman. (That 80+ yard scamper had "Gimme the damn Heisman" written all over it.)
I think I said this in another thread.

RM stopped getting better and is slowly going down hill, regardless of the A&M offense (which in itself is offensive this year).

VY continues getting better, each year, and will make his senior year his best. Which is what the scouts will be looking at. He hasn't peak.

From the looks of this year, RM peaked last year.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 02:15 PM
Time Served

UUMMMM NO! Reggie makes awful descions in crunch time unlike Vince who will not let his team down.

Quote:
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 02:26 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:

RADIO would be a better QB behind t.u. O-line

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 07:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlofton
UUMMMM NO! Reggie makes awful descions in crunch time unlike Vince who will not let his team down.
I dont mean he would be better than vince but when he has protection he has a few stand out games , but he is not as consistant as vince young is so I will say vince is headed to the nfl and ,reggie will be in arena league football

1995 cobra bolt ons red with black cloth 1.76 60'

13.27 at 102.83 6123' air ... in shop getting procharged d1sc canfield heads etc etc
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
I think I said this in another thread.

RM stopped getting better and is slowly going down hill, regardless of the A&M offense (which in itself is offensive this year).

VY continues getting better, each year, and will make his senior year his best. Which is what the scouts will be looking at. He hasn't peak.

From the looks of this year, RM peaked last year.
This is true and also what NFL scouts look at. VY is very, very good now, but has even more upside. He's throwing the ball better, making better decisions, and still has unbelievable athleticism. Whether that translates into an NFL QB or not is to be determined, but for now, he's doing just fine at being one of the top college QB's in the nation. For all the haters out there, ask any coach in the country what QB they don't want to see under center for the other team while nursing a small lead late in the game, and I gurantee you VY's name comes up the most.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 02:46 AM
190hp4banger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlofton
I wouldn't go that far buddy... I've seen Texas' D save VY's ass more than once because of stupid decisions this year alone. That being said, VY is a breakout player and a huge catalyst for not only his team, but the crowd as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement