lawsuit about the world series!!! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

lawsuit about the world series!!!

this lady in houston is suing MLB for having the roof open during Games 3-4. she said that some of the fans got sick because they didnt plan to be in the cold weather and they couldnt adapt!!! it was freakin 70 degrees in houston. well i guess that is considered cold to the local houstonians, but gimme a break. who thinks this suit will go anywhere?, i dont she has a fighting chance in hell. based on recent events in houston her odds of winning are 4-0!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Lifer

Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
What a stupid bitch.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Full tilt boogie !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94StangFiveO
What a stupid bitch.
Yea no shit. What about the dumbass lawyer that probably took the case on contingency.

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

i think that the MLB should use an attorney from the Chicago to handle the case, because i think they'll win!!!
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 11:33 PM
Lifer

While the lawsuit is frivolous and bullshit, at the same time Bud Selig can kiss my ass. He should have NO control whatsoever of the roof to be opened or closed. THAT was a bullshit call to make on his part. Fucking asshole. ITS NOT HIS STADIUM.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 11:35 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ac
While the lawsuit is frivolous and bullshit, at the same time Bud Selig can kiss my ass. He should have NO control whatsoever of the roof to be opened or closed. THAT was a bullshit call to make on his part. Fucking asshole. ITS NOT HIS STADIUM.

Just FYI, this is not the first time he has ordered it open. I forget the team, I want to say Arizona, had to have their's open.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 11:40 PM
Lifer

Thats still BS. He didnt pay for it, and it has NO effect WHATSOEVER on an opposing team. Give me a break. "Unfair" Advantage. I hope the lady wins.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 11:45 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Thats still BS. He didnt pay for it, and it has NO effect WHATSOEVER on an opposing team. Give me a break. "Unfair" Advantage. I hope the lady wins.
Then the players union should gripe and do something about it. It's a rule thats been on the books for awhile now and has never been contested.

This stupid bitch just wants a reason to file a frivolous lawsuit.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 11:48 PM
Lifer

It's a class action lawsuit...with one participant. HA!
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 11:52 PM
Time Served

they sell jackets and blankets at the game thats whats funny also
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 11:59 PM

someone should sweep her lawsuit under the rug.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 07:56 AM
Recovering Lush

Then why isn't there a "Houston" policy on the books? All season long, they let Houston determine if it was to be open or clsoed. In the divisional series, the NLCS series, they let Houston decide....then all of a sudden they step in? Horse shit. MLB has control over the FIELD itself, but has no business telling a team what to do with their roof. If they want to open and shut it on odd and even innings, its their business. Bud Selig was way off base in this matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Then the players union should gripe and do something about it. It's a rule thats been on the books for awhile now and has never been contested.

This stupid bitch just wants a reason to file a frivolous lawsuit.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 08:04 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Then why isn't there a "Houston" policy on the books? All season long, they let Houston determine if it was to be open or clsoed. In the divisional series, the NLCS series, they let Houston decide....then all of a sudden they step in? Horse shit. MLB has control over the FIELD itself, but has no business telling a team what to do with their roof. If they want to open and shut it on odd and even innings, its their business. Bud Selig was way off base in this matter.
The rule states that during the regular season, the TEAM decides if it is open, during the playoffs, the Commissioner decides. Bud Selig did nothing he hasn't done before. Funny, I don't recall the Arizona fans getting this upset or filing lawsuits when the Diamondbacks were told they had to have their dome open.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 08:09 AM
M0DERAT0R

Man, Choke City fans sure are bitter. She should sue the Disastros coach for not calling for a bunt in Game 3.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Recovering Lush

Hey, I'm far from a Houston fan, but MLB has no business telling a team how to operate their roof. Houston determined it all season based on a weather station's report.......they shoulda had the weather man put out a "Rain is coming" forecast, and shut the damn roof. what would they have done, made em forfeit? Not that it mattered, it's just the GP.

Quote:
The rule states that during the regular season, the TEAM decides if it is open, during the playoffs, the Commissioner decides. Bud Selig did nothing he hasn't done before. Funny, I don't recall the Arizona fans getting this upset or filing lawsuits when the Diamondbacks were told they had to have their dome open.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 10:14 AM
Which one's the clutch?

any chance this lady is a "stupid mother fucker"?

1987 Nissan pick up-wrecked
1984 Ponitiac grand am-sold
1988 Buick lasabre-sold
1987 Nissan 300zx-sold intake/exhaust
2001 Yamaha r6-sold slip on
2004 Yamaha r1-sold full exhaust
1991 Nissan 240sx-torn down,almost built up.
1994 toyota celica-blown up. exhaust
2005 Honda accord-daily.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 10:21 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craizie
any chance this lady is a "stupid mother fucker"?
I'd say the over/under that she is a "supid mother fucker" is about +1,000

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 12:00 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Hey, I'm far from a Houston fan, but MLB has no business telling a team how to operate their roof. Houston determined it all season based on a weather station's report.......they shoulda had the weather man put out a "Rain is coming" forecast, and shut the damn roof. what would they have done, made em forfeit? Not that it mattered, it's just the GP.
I agree, it's their stadium, it really should be their call. What I don't understand is why the teams this affects, have not said anything or protested.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Just FYI, this is not the first time he has ordered it open. I forget the team, I want to say Arizona, had to have their's open.
actually they were ordered to close theirs because of the heat.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 02:51 PM

Quote:
I think more people would agree if the Astros had proven that they could win a game in the series...period.
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 07:35 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I agree, it's their stadium, it really should be their call. What I don't understand is why the teams this affects, have not said anything or protested.
If I remember correctly, they asked the White Sox and they didnt fucking care open or closed.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
If I remember correctly, they asked the White Sox and they didnt fucking care open or closed.
Right, they didn't protest....whats your point?

But my statement was more directed at Houston. Prior to the night that the decision was handed down, they haven't said much about it. If it meant so much to them, they should have been lobbying for a change long before game 3 of the world series.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 10:12 PM
Lifer

Point is, its a stupid rule to begin with when the opposing team doesnt care, as Bud Segil stated the "unfair advantage" deal.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 11:24 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Point is, its a stupid rule to begin with when the opposing team doesnt care, as Bud Segil stated the "unfair advantage" deal.
I won't argue with that.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 11:49 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

houston is just looking for something to blame for them getting there ass whipped...bunch of dumb motherfuckers...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 01:11 PM
yellowcobra

The lady is being stupid!
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasstars281
this lady in houston is suing MLB for having the roof open during Games 3-4. she said that some of the fans got sick because they didnt plan to be in the cold weather and they couldnt adapt!!! it was freakin 70 degrees in houston. well i guess that is considered cold to the local houstonians, but gimme a break. who thinks this suit will go anywhere?, i dont she has a fighting chance in hell. based on recent events in houston her odds of winning are 4-0!!!
hell ive been at our track in 40º with no jacket watching all night I need to sue I got goose pimples

1995 cobra bolt ons red with black cloth 1.76 60'

13.27 at 102.83 6123' air ... in shop getting procharged d1sc canfield heads etc etc
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 08:30 AM
HPP = GHEY

hell if a womam can win if she spills hot coffee on her then if this lady is smart she will win... its bull shit but i know...

Nick's Custom Detailing 214-205-1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybo View Post
Don't care if you do. This is not going to be another talk about Kenny's Cobalt thread. I know what my other car runs and I am proud of it. It might be hard for you to swallow that pill, but there are lots of 4 bangers that run 13s and better. SRT-4 Neons, Cobalt SS's, Saturn Sky Redline's and Evo's do it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 10:13 AM
MFFL!

So what exactly would MLB do, fine them $25K or whatever sum they make up? I'm not a Houston fan, but if I'm the owner and I want the roof closed, I close it. Be like Mark Cuban and do what you feel is necessary. He she also send MLB the bill for opening and closing that thing. I bet that was a few hundred bucks in electricity to move that hulk of a roof. Just on GP.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 07:30 PM

Quote:
What I want to know is how is it an unfair advantage to begin with? I've been to Chicago on several occasions and I'd think they would want it closed because they are so used to the wind coming off of the lake. But then again too much control given to one man for a whole sport.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement