the main role!??! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

the main role!??!

I have an interesting question and i want some feed back on it b/c i feel really strong about this! Im not racist so nobody get offended! but in todays college football all this talk is sorrounding vick and young as being the real deal but in the next few years they will be forgoten just like every other black QB in the NFL(with the exception to a few) so do yall really think a black QB can lead his team and win a superbowl?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 05:17 PM
Time Served

well i agree im not racist either but the fact that there has only been three QBs to start in the superbowl and the only one that won was lucky as hell (Doug Williams , with the Skins - back in 1987) Black QBs just cant dekiver in the big games huh donovan? huh steve?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 05:25 PM
Time Served

CAN a black QB lead his team to a Super Bowl victory.... ABSOLUTELY. I don't have all the stats, but how many QB's in NFL history have been black ? Think about how many white QB's there are that don't lead their team to the Super Bowl.. much less win one.

just my .02

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 05:35 PM
Time Served

well there is a reason why there are more white Qbs than there are black ones! b/c the black ones cant deliver!!!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 05:57 PM
Time Served

well lets look at this...
IN 1968 Marlin Briscoe became the first black quarterback to land a starting job. He started six games and played in 11 as a Denver Broncos rookie. He was waived after the season and signed with the Buffalo Bills, who switched him to wide receiver( for a reason), where he played eight seasons and earned Pro Bowl honors in 1971.
there has been 365 starting black qbs in college football 3 has been national champions and only 2 black qbs have won the hiesman and one went on to play in the NBA b/c he wasnt drafted (1993 Florida State quarterback Charlie Ward)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 06:19 PM

If you look at the recent influx in the last ten years of black qb's, this question I believe will be irrelevant ten years from now. McNabb was just there last year, McNair was there in 99, by simple numbers the amount of starting black qb's in the league is many more than in the past, eventually as time passes I believe the number that have gone to a super bowl will naturally rise because there are more of them
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 06:22 PM

I would hardly say they cannot deliver, McNair was a stud in 99, did you see that game???? Football is a team sport, this isnt like golf where one guy blows it, neither mcnair or mcnabb had bad numbers in those games. I believe there are just as many stupid non-clutch white qb's as black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement