post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Never settle always excel

BCS Top and their respective ending schedules

The ranking system consists of some these major components,
1. Compilation of Standings
2. Polls
3. Computer Rankings
4. schedule strength

Then we look at the remaining schedules and teams have a chance to move around a little within the top 5. I wonder just how clear this BCS bowl series will look and if anyone will be setting out of the BCS games who has an undefeated record.

Texas

Oklahoma State
Baylor
Kansas
Texas A&M

USC

Washington State
Stanford
No. 24 California
No. 22 Fresno State
No. 8 UCLA

VA Tech

No. 13 Boston College
No. 6 Miami
Virginia
North Carolina

Georgia

No. 16 Florida
No. 19 Auburn
Kentucky
Georgia Tech

Bama

Utah State
Mississippi St.
No. 7 LSU
No. 19 Auburn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 02:08 PM
M0DERAT0R

All of those teams will play in a BCS game if undefeated by year end.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
One would hope so.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 02:24 PM
BOOMER SOONER!

the spread between VT & UT will get pretty close by years end, but if UT & SC win out, they go to the Rose Bowl without a doubt.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 02:39 PM
-----------------------

Quote:
Would be tough for Bama and Georgia to finish undefeated since they are in the SEC.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 02:44 PM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91rednotch
Would be tough for Bama and Georgia to finish undefeated since they are in the SEC.
would be impossible since they'd play in the sec championship. and it's very possible that va tech will lose a game. i think they're vulnerable, they have a couple tough opponents left, and an ACC championship game
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 02:48 PM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder99TA
the spread between VT & UT will get pretty close by years end, but if UT & SC win out, they go to the Rose Bowl without a doubt.
I think some people are having a hard time realizing this concept. Let's discuss some more.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder99TA
That is where I disagree I think given the fact that the BCS is controlled by several different factors and schedule strength is what got Texas into the number 1 slot this week it may put Texas out of number 1 or 2 if both USC and Va Tech win out. Texas beat the number 7 team in the nation and moved to number 1 if Va Tech knocks off the number 6 and number 13 teams it could very well be enough to push them past Texas in the rankings. USC also has a number 8 and two top 25 programs left on their schedule they are a shoe in for number 1 if they win out. Then if you look at the ACC and Big 12 Championship games Texas will end up playing either Colorado or Missouri niether currently ranked but may be at seasons end. VA Tech will face Florida State or Boston both will be ranked at seasons end no doubt, most likely Florida St. who is currently ranked 10th in the Nation. So what are you hoping keeps Texas ahead of Tech can only be a loss by Tech not a duel till the end because if both win out they will have the same record the points on the polls are close and the main difference will come down to strength of schedule where Tech clearly has the advantage.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 09:32 PM
Lifer

VA Tech will get beat. USC still scares me, but they are not as strong as they were last year (thank God!). A lot can still happen, and I'd rather see UT @ #2 at this point. It's a different mind-set sitting in the 2 spot. You're a little hungrier with something to prove.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
That is where I disagree I think given the fact that the BCS is controlled by several different factors and schedule strength is what got Texas into the number 1 slot this week it may put Texas out of number 1 or 2 if both USC and Va Tech win out. Texas beat the number 7 team in the nation and moved to number 1 if Va Tech knocks off the number 6 and number 13 teams it could very well be enough to push them past Texas in the rankings. USC also has a number 8 and two top 25 programs left on their schedule they are a shoe in for number 1 if they win out. Then if you look at the ACC and Big 12 Championship games Texas will end up playing either Colorado or Missouri niether currently ranked but may be at seasons end. VA Tech will face Florida State or Boston both will be ranked at seasons end no doubt, most likely Florida St. who is currently ranked 10th in the Nation. So what are you hoping keeps Texas ahead of Tech can only be a loss by Tech not a duel till the end because if both win out they will have the same record the points on the polls are close and the main difference will come down to strength of schedule where Tech clearly has the advantage.

The polls points are alot further than you are giving credit for.

If the human votes stay the same (which they most always do esp in a season with a preseason 1&2 going undefeated) then VTech would have to practically sweep the computer polls and Texas would have to be ranked at an avg of 20.5 which is highly unlikely. Considering UT will prob blow out every game left on thier schedule it will leave the voters wanting a marque offensive and defensive powerhouse USC vs. UT title game. (All things considered up this point obviously)

If the human polls don't budge and USC/Georgia/VTech/Texas/Ala/UCLA all split up the computer polls then VTech won't mathmatically be able to pass Texas.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 07:17 AM
Genetically Blessed

virginia tech will not go undefeated, they're very vulnerable. anyone watch the maryland game??? they're in for a tough battle tonight too.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 07:51 AM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
If the human polls don't budge and USC/Georgia/VTech/Texas/Ala/UCLA all split up the computer polls then VTech won't mathmatically be able to pass Texas.
Math is difficult for some people.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 08:19 AM
CEO of......

without Shockley, georga goes down to florida saturday. with shockley they beat bama in the sec championship game, if lsu doesn't beat bama first. Va Tech will lose tonight or against miami. so you see, i'm not worried.

Besides, the only people keeping texas out of the rose bowl, assuming they go undeated, is texas themselves.

there, end of conversation. Next thread please......
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
without Shockley, georga goes down to florida saturday. with shockley they beat bama in the sec championship game, if lsu doesn't beat bama first. Va Tech will lose tonight or against miami. so you see, i'm not worried.

Besides, the only people keeping texas out of the rose bowl, assuming they go undeated, is texas themselves.

Keep telling yourself what ever you want to, the BCS game is still up for grabs.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 12:55 PM
CEO of......

look at the points, that is a HUGE gap between 2nd and 3rd place. almost a full point, that's alot of making up to do.

as long as texas dominates games, they'll be there. in some way, i hope va tech wins out and gets screwed so i can hear beamer bitch and moan. maybe the bcs will come to an end soon
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
look at the points, that is a HUGE gap between 2nd and 3rd place. almost a full point, that's alot of making up to do.

as long as texas dominates games, they'll be there. in some way, i hope va tech wins out and gets screwed so i can hear beamer bitch and moan. maybe the bcs will come to an end soon
Well if they win out they will gain points on Texas because even the human factor will change. The pollsters will recognize that VT is a better program than most think just like in 1999 and they will end up in the BCS championship game.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 01:02 PM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
The pollsters will recognize that VT is a better program than most think just like in 1999 and they will end up in the BCS championship game.
TTT

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Well if they win out they will gain points on Texas because even the human factor will change. The pollsters will recognize that VT is a better program than most think just like in 1999 and they will end up in the BCS championship game.

Point is that RARELY happens.

Texas has GAINED points on VTech in the harris poll over the past three weeks.

Texas has taken 5 more first place votes away from USC over the past three weeks.

If Texas wins out convincingly they will be #2 assuming USC doesn't lose. VTech is going to have a hard time gaining on Texas when Texas is gaining on USC itself. Makes the gain/lost moot.

You make it sound like all of a sudden UT is having some breakout year compared to VTech when infact they have had the much more glamourous win/loss over the past 2-3 years. Pollsters don't care what you did back in 99. They care about what you have done this year and how (if) you carried momentum from the previous year(s). Texas has done that... VTech hasn't.

Here are some stats for you

Bowl games not included

Texas

99 9-4
00 9-2
01 10-2
02 10-2
03 10-2
04 10-1
Total 58-13

VTech
99 11-0
00 10-1
01 8-3
02 9-4
03 8-4
04 10-2
Total 56-14

Pretty even... but Texas holds the edge with a 'game of the year' type win at the Rose Bowl last year and a 14 game winning streak. They will stay #2 convincingly until they lose...
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 02:48 PM

as long as texas gets #1 or #2 in the final BCS standings, that is all that matters. that'll mean that they play for the ADT trophy. NO ONE in college football right now is able to complete with TEXAS if TEXAS plays the up to their potential.

GO HORNS!!!
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 08:00 AM
Recovering Lush

Not to mention that Texas has been widening the gap tween itself and VT, while simutaneously closing the gap with USC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
Point is that RARELY happens.

Texas has GAINED points on VTech in the harris poll over the past three weeks.

Texas has taken 5 more first place votes away from USC over the past three weeks.

If Texas wins out convincingly they will be #2 assuming USC doesn't lose. VTech is going to have a hard time gaining on Texas when Texas is gaining on USC itself. Makes the gain/lost moot.

You make it sound like all of a sudden UT is having some breakout year compared to VTech when infact they have had the much more glamourous win/loss over the past 2-3 years. Pollsters don't care what you did back in 99. They care about what you have done this year and how (if) you carried momentum from the previous year(s). Texas has done that... VTech hasn't.

Here are some stats for you

Bowl games not included

Texas

99 9-4
00 9-2
01 10-2
02 10-2
03 10-2
04 10-1
Total 58-13

VTech
99 11-0
00 10-1
01 8-3
02 9-4
03 8-4
04 10-2
Total 56-14

Pretty even... but Texas holds the edge with a 'game of the year' type win at the Rose Bowl last year and a 14 game winning streak. They will stay #2 convincingly until they lose...

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Not to mention that Texas has been widening the gap tween itself and VT, while simutaneously closing the gap with USC.
Well VT did a little last night to close the gap.
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 11:38 AM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
Well VT did little last night to close the gap.
Fixed

As Pat Ford put it...
Quote:
Right now, Texas' 35-point victory over No. 10 Texas Tech stands out more than Tech's 20-point victory over No. 13 BC. You can debate whether the Red Raiders deserved their ranking -- but you can also debate whether the Eagles deserved theirs. Tech needed a clean kill and didn't get it.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Well VT did a little last night to close the gap.
BC was right in the thick of things at the end of the third quarter.

Texas has put everyteam (except OSU) to sleep by the middle of the the 2nd.

VTech needs big blowout wins.

30-10 isn't going to cut it. In the day and age of the BCS you need headliner victories. It also doesn't help that a mediocre performance by VTech was on Thurs night.

If USC and UT both put up massive wins VTech becomes lost in the shuffle of Saturday football.
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 09:33 PM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
TTT
TTT

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 11:16 PM
Old School

Quote:

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-06-2005, 07:53 PM
M0DERAT0R

Not that it matters, but Texas should miss the #1 BCS spot by .0003 this week.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph

Last edited by Boss Hogg; 11-06-2005 at 08:01 PM.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-06-2005, 10:43 PM
CEO of......

Quote:

i told yall this should've been the last post of this thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement