DFW Mustang Forums banner

What if...When Vince goes pro....

882 views 42 replies 15 participants last post by  gonzo 
#1 ·
The Cowboys pick him up....I wonder how some of the Pro Tech and Pro Aggie fans would react...or at that point do his previous years at UT become blurred and he would be nothing more then a Dallas Cowboy.

#2 ·
see Roy Williams. Most would embrace his greatness, a few would cry about it.

#4 ·
2001 GT said:
The Cowboys pick him up....I wonder how some of the Pro Tech and Pro Aggie fans would react...or at that point do his previous years at UT become blurred and he would be nothing more then a Dallas Cowboy.
You answered your own question. He would be embraced as a Dallas Cowboy.

I'm not sure what we'd do with him though. We have a good QB (Bledsoe) and several good wide receivers (Keyshawn, Glenn, Crayton, Price).

Who thinks VY will try and go pro and who thinks he will return for his senior year? I think he'll stay at UT for his final year.

Marcus

#6 ·
2cammer97 said:
Who thinks VY will try and go pro and who thinks he will return for his senior year? I think he'll stay at UT for his final year.

Marcus
Word on the street is he has already told some reporters that he will return for his senior year. Especially if Reggie Bush gets the Heisman this year he will stick around and try to claim it next year.

#9 ·
2cammer97 said:
I'm not sure what we'd do with him though. We have a good QB (Bledsoe) and several good wide receivers (Keyshawn, Glenn, Crayton, Price).
You really think we have that good of a QB with Bledsoe? All I know is that after watching Vinny last night with the Jets I am very glad we let him go. I suppose that is what spawned this thread. I started thinking about the fact that the Cowboys have gone through 13+ QB's since Aikman. Which made me wonder when we will get our next superstar QB.

Also....Why do poeple think he is to big to be a NFL QB? From looking at current NFL QB's he is right on par. He is 6-5 230 and just for an example Bledsoe is 6-5 238. I would think that after another year of college ball he would be a great asset to in the NFL as a QB.

#10 ·
I think Vince would be a good NFL QB. Micheal Vick was not that great of a passer at V.T. and not that great of a passer now. but his other attributes make him so dangerous. I think Vince would be the same type of threat...Just a bit better passer.

#11 ·
2001 GT said:
You really think we have that good of a QB with Bledsoe? All I know is that after watching Vinny last night with the Jets I am very glad we let him go. I suppose that is what spawned this thread. I started thinking about the fact that the Cowboys have gone through 13+ QB's since Aikman. Which made me wonder when we will get our next superstar QB.

Also....Why do poeple think he is to big to be a NFL QB? From looking at current NFL QB's he is right on par. He is 6-5 230 and just for an example Bledsoe is 6-5 238. I would think that after another year of college ball he would be a great asset to in the NFL as a QB.
Bledsoe is having a very good year and is a very good QB. He is not the reason we lost to Seattle. He is a large part of the reason that we've done as good as we have.

I never said he was too big to be a QB. He's actually the perfect size for a QB. I just don't think he's an NFL quality QB. His throwing motion is awful (very low and side arm). His decision making and accuracy are improving though and he's obviously a great runner. I'm sure a pro team will take a chance on him as a QB to see if he can become another Cunningham type. With the right coaching and work, maybe he could be. Right now I see him as a wide receiver/special teams guy. Whoever said tight end above, LOL! He is nowhere big enough to be a tight end in the NFL.

Marcus

#12 ·
My Size question was more directed toward poopnut.

Bledsoe may be having a good year but at the same time I do not see "great" things in him. He is not the newest thing on the block anymore and I dont see much more potential if that makes sense. I think what we see now is as good as its going to get. I'm not trying to blame the entire season on Bledsoe. There are a lot of other factors to why the Boys are losing. I was just wondering what the Boys would be like with a Vince Young, Marcus Vick or even Reggie McNeal. Basically just some new young blood that can be a dual threat with passing and rushing.

#15 ·
#17 ·
And for the people who say Vince's throwing motion is bad...whatever NFL team takes him will fix his mechanics if they are trying to make him a QB.

#20 ·
Boss Hogg said:
That does not mean he won a national championship.

And you need to hope that A&M makes it to a bowl game.
If I were to show that statement to the average person they would conclude that UT with VY had won a title and were going to go for a 2nd. I would guess you had already checked the win column for VY for the 2006 BCS game :rolleyes: which is wishful thinking. You wrote it, it is pretty simple english, maybe you are just being simple, you'll need to write more clearly in the future so that you don't look so ignorant. Good luck with that by the way.

#22 ·
Pro Trash said:
If I were to show that statement to the average person they would conclude that UT with VY had won a title and were going to go for a 2nd.
Sorry, I forgot I was speaking to an average person.

Pro Trash said:
You wrote it, it is pretty simple english, maybe you are just being simple, you'll need to write more clearly in the future so that you don't look so ignorant.
Too funny.

#23 ·
2cammer97 said:
You answered your own question. He would be embraced as a Dallas Cowboy.

Marcus
I'm fairly certain he will return for his senior year.

#24 ·
Pro Trash said:
If I were to show that statement to the average person they would conclude that UT with VY had won a title and were going to go for a 2nd. I would guess you had already checked the win column for VY for the 2006 BCS game :rolleyes: which is wishful thinking. You wrote it, it is pretty simple english, maybe you are just being simple, you'll need to write more clearly in the future so that you don't look so ignorant. Good luck with that by the way.
Made sense to me :confused: Speaking in future tense, he is hoping for 1 and 2 championships.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.