Whatís probably one of the best UFC Fights? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 6
Whatís probably one of the best UFC Fights?

I know the fight with Ken Shamrock is one and the one with Chuck Liddell vs. Randy Couture was good as hell. Their first one and the most recent rematch between these two was off the hook. I saw it on dvd recently along with a few other matches.
http://www.venturadistribution.com/t..._V2_WMV_LO.wmv
nationwide is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 03:09 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Wichita Kansas
Posts: 1,507
I always enjoyed some of the first Tank fights and Mark Coleman!
shrp88lx's is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Bitter Italian
 
Wario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: On the mat.
Posts: 6,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by nationwide
I know the fight with Ken Shamrock is one and the one with Chuck Liddell vs. Randy Couture was good as hell. Their first one and the most recent rematch between these two was off the hook. I saw it on dvd recently along with a few other matches.
http://www.venturadistribution.com/t..._V2_WMV_LO.wmv
Are you new to the sport? If so welcom to the best sport on earth. One of my fav's wouls have to be Yves vs Josh Thopson. Bad ass fight with some great ground work and a crazy KO to end it.

Btw Randy and Chack will fight for the 3rd time on Feb the 4th in Vegas.
Wario is offline  
 
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 03:44 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
you going to the fight nick?
Nate is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 03:45 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario
One of my fav's wouls have to be Yves vs Josh Thopson.
That ranks up there. I also thought Griffin vs. Bonnar at the end of TUF1 was incredible.
exlude is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 03:46 PM
I drive a fookin Honda
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: The Colony
Posts: 5,585
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario
Are you new to the sport? If so welcom to the best sport on earth. One of my fav's wouls have to be Yves vs Josh Thopson. Bad ass fight with some great ground work and a crazy KO to end it.

Btw Randy and Chack will fight for the 3rd time on Feb the 4th in Vegas.
I will second the Thompson/Edwards fight. I have that one on DVD and only wish the UFC still had the LW division so we could see these two go at it again.
Matt93Cobra is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Bitter Italian
 
Wario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: On the mat.
Posts: 6,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt93Cobra
I will second the Thompson/Edwards fight. I have that one on DVD and only wish the UFC still had the LW division so we could see these two go at it again.

LW's are the shit.
And yes nate we will be going in Feb. I could not make the fights in Nov, as things are still way to crazy at work.

And Exlude Bonnar is the man, every fight hes in is bad ass. Did you see his fight vs Sam hoger?
Wario is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 10:35 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
I really want to go to the fight in Feb....
Nate is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 10:59 PM
Your Daddy
 
Juiced89lx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Stankonia
Posts: 4,090
yves/josh was pretty damn good.

check out matt serra vs shonie carter. its on ufc 31. Crazy sub attempts throughout the fight and a last second knockout to end it.


super bowl weekend in vegas is gonna rock this year. Hey nick, this is the 3rd year in a row that we've gone. lol
Liddell-Couture 3 is going to be badass.
Juiced89lx is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 11:03 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
i may hav to pony up the cash and go with you guys.....
Nate is offline  
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 06:13 AM
I drive a fookin Honda
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: The Colony
Posts: 5,585
Did anyone watch Pride Fully Loaded last night? I was a little disappointed as it seemed to be loaded w/some BS. The Shamrock/Sak fight was a bust w/an early stoppage. There were 2 freakshow fighters in Zulu and the Romanian wrestler. The Zulu fight was stopped way too early and that wrestler was fatter than fuck. I really felt like Fabricio Werdum got robbed in a decision and Josh Barnett proved to be a true pro wrestler w/his shit talk before the fight and do very little when it matters. I only wish CC had knocked his head off his body.

Last edited by Matt93Cobra; 10-25-2005 at 08:30 AM.
Matt93Cobra is offline  
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 08:26 AM
lol, this place sucks now
 
ClockwrkOrangeS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: DFWMustangs.net
Posts: 13,422
the fights in the earliest UFC's were my favorite... old school

No weight classes, no rounds, and just about anything goes. I like the new structure and rules now, but back then it was crazy.
ClockwrkOrangeS4 is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 10:48 AM
Bitter Italian
 
Wario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: On the mat.
Posts: 6,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt93Cobra
Did anyone watch Pride Fully Loaded last night? I was a little disappointed as it seemed to be loaded w/some BS. The Shamrock/Sak fight was a bust w/an early stoppage. There were 2 freakshow fighters in Zulu and the Romanian wrestler. The Zulu fight was stopped way too early and that wrestler was fatter than fuck. I really felt like Fabricio Werdum got robbed in a decision and Josh Barnett proved to be a true pro wrestler w/his shit talk before the fight and do very little when it matters. I only wish CC had knocked his head off his body.
Pride is kinda hit and miss if you ask me. Everyone bitches about how fighters in the UFC fight two times then fight for a title but I would much rather see that then Cro Cop vs Dos Caros Jr. WTF is that? On top of that I can't keep my ADD ass of the fight fourms long enough not to look at the results. That and I cant stand the ring. Cage > Ring any day of the week. How many times in a pride fight do you get "stop don't move, reset"?
Wario is offline  
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:21 AM
I drive a fookin Honda
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: The Colony
Posts: 5,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario
Pride is kinda hit and miss if you ask me. Everyone bitches about how fighters in the UFC fight two times then fight for a title but I would much rather see that then Cro Cop vs Dos Caros Jr. WTF is that? On top of that I can't keep my ADD ass of the fight fourms long enough not to look at the results. That and I cant stand the ring. Cage > Ring any day of the week. How many times in a pride fight do you get "stop don't move, reset"?
I'm kind of suprised you're not a bigger Pride fan. It seems like far more people prefer it over MMA here in the states but I hear ya. I had a really hard time staying off the forums until last night. Did you watch the event last night?
Matt93Cobra is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 03:56 PM
Bitter Italian
 
Wario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: On the mat.
Posts: 6,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt93Cobra
I'm kind of suprised you're not a bigger Pride fan. It seems like far more people prefer it over MMA here in the states but I hear ya. I had a really hard time staying off the forums until last night. Did you watch the event last night?
I'll watch it tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong, I like Pride. What I don't like is all the off the wall match up's and a Japanese tomato can in every other fight. The Grand Prix's are good but side from that I will not spend my money on it. I would however love to go to a Pride fight live. It would be cool to be part of 80 thousand people watching a fight live and in person.
Wario is offline  
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Your Daddy
 
Juiced89lx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Stankonia
Posts: 4,090
i downloaded the pride fights on sunday morning so I knew not to buy the ppv later. bit torrent rocks

i like the rules of pride but could care less about their freak show fights. Oh well they are catering to the Japanese audience and not the fans in the USA. Im sure you will see a different type of card once they start coming to the states.

I heard they are starting a stand up fighting only org. Its for fighters like Cro Cop, Hunt, Vanderlei, etc. Should be entertaining if it happens.
Juiced89lx is offline  
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 07:44 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: wichita falls ,tx
Posts: 107
I was just wonderin do any of yall train in Dallas anywhere. And if you do have U ever heard of Adam Arrendondo?

90 Model Gt.. Customed Painted kinda darker Red with 2 silver stripes.... 347 cubic inch. Scat Forged crank, Scat Forged H beam rods, J&E pistons, TFS stage 2 cam, main girdle, 1.72 scorpions, Edelbrock Victor 5.0 intake, 70mm tb, Dart SR cast iron heads, 75mm pro M, 42lb injectors, 255 intake pump,255 walbro in-line pump, in line fuel filter, 8-an line, Aeromotive Regulator,steeda 1/2in Fuel rails, NX wet kit .....With a fully built C-4 and 3,200 stall Now we are talkin some FUCKIN MUSCLE......
MyBlown347 is offline  
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 04:20 PM
yellowcobra
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Talking

has anyone seen Pete the secret weapon Spratt fight? If so, he is a local guy. He is from sherman,tx. He trains with Yves Edwards in the Woodlans from time to time.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 07:00 PM
CHILLI PALMER
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
HAVEN'T SEEN HIM...have you?...really??....
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 08:05 PM
Your Daddy
 
Juiced89lx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Stankonia
Posts: 4,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcobra
has anyone seen Pete the secret weapon Spratt fight? If so, he is a local guy. He is from sherman,tx. He trains with Yves Edwards in the Woodlans from time to time.
ya ive seen him fight quite a few times. my roommate's old company made some badass shirts and hats for him. (as they did for quite a few fighters).

he got choked out pretty quick by Josh Koscheck at the last Ultimate fight night on spike. the last I heard, was he is opening his own gym in sherman and taking a break from mma. IMO, he should stick to kickboxing, he seems to be better in that sport and doesnt have to worry about going to the ground.
Juiced89lx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome