Whatís probably one of the best UFC Fights? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Whatís probably one of the best UFC Fights?

I know the fight with Ken Shamrock is one and the one with Chuck Liddell vs. Randy Couture was good as hell. Their first one and the most recent rematch between these two was off the hook. I saw it on dvd recently along with a few other matches.
http://www.venturadistribution.com/t..._V2_WMV_LO.wmv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 03:09 PM
Lifer

I always enjoyed some of the first Tank fights and Mark Coleman!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Bitter Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nationwide
I know the fight with Ken Shamrock is one and the one with Chuck Liddell vs. Randy Couture was good as hell. Their first one and the most recent rematch between these two was off the hook. I saw it on dvd recently along with a few other matches.
http://www.venturadistribution.com/t..._V2_WMV_LO.wmv
Are you new to the sport? If so welcom to the best sport on earth. One of my fav's wouls have to be Yves vs Josh Thopson. Bad ass fight with some great ground work and a crazy KO to end it.

Btw Randy and Chack will fight for the 3rd time on Feb the 4th in Vegas.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 03:44 PM
AHMO!

you going to the fight nick?
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 03:45 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario
One of my fav's wouls have to be Yves vs Josh Thopson.
That ranks up there. I also thought Griffin vs. Bonnar at the end of TUF1 was incredible.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 03:46 PM
I drive a fookin Honda

Thumbs up

Quote:
Are you new to the sport? If so welcom to the best sport on earth. One of my fav's wouls have to be Yves vs Josh Thopson. Bad ass fight with some great ground work and a crazy KO to end it.

Btw Randy and Chack will fight for the 3rd time on Feb the 4th in Vegas.
I will second the Thompson/Edwards fight. I have that one on DVD and only wish the UFC still had the LW division so we could see these two go at it again.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Bitter Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt93Cobra
I will second the Thompson/Edwards fight. I have that one on DVD and only wish the UFC still had the LW division so we could see these two go at it again.

LW's are the shit.
And yes nate we will be going in Feb. I could not make the fights in Nov, as things are still way to crazy at work.

And Exlude Bonnar is the man, every fight hes in is bad ass. Did you see his fight vs Sam hoger?
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 10:35 PM
AHMO!

I really want to go to the fight in Feb....
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 10:59 PM
Your Daddy

yves/josh was pretty damn good.

check out matt serra vs shonie carter. its on ufc 31. Crazy sub attempts throughout the fight and a last second knockout to end it.

super bowl weekend in vegas is gonna rock this year. Hey nick, this is the 3rd year in a row that we've gone. lol
Liddell-Couture 3 is going to be badass.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 11:03 PM
AHMO!

i may hav to pony up the cash and go with you guys.....
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 06:13 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Did anyone watch Pride Fully Loaded last night? I was a little disappointed as it seemed to be loaded w/some BS. The Shamrock/Sak fight was a bust w/an early stoppage. There were 2 freakshow fighters in Zulu and the Romanian wrestler. The Zulu fight was stopped way too early and that wrestler was fatter than fuck. I really felt like Fabricio Werdum got robbed in a decision and Josh Barnett proved to be a true pro wrestler w/his shit talk before the fight and do very little when it matters. I only wish CC had knocked his head off his body.

Last edited by Matt93Cobra; 10-25-2005 at 08:30 AM.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 08:26 AM
lol, this place sucks now

the fights in the earliest UFC's were my favorite... old school

No weight classes, no rounds, and just about anything goes. I like the new structure and rules now, but back then it was crazy.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 10:48 AM
Bitter Italian

Quote:
Did anyone watch Pride Fully Loaded last night? I was a little disappointed as it seemed to be loaded w/some BS. The Shamrock/Sak fight was a bust w/an early stoppage. There were 2 freakshow fighters in Zulu and the Romanian wrestler. The Zulu fight was stopped way too early and that wrestler was fatter than fuck. I really felt like Fabricio Werdum got robbed in a decision and Josh Barnett proved to be a true pro wrestler w/his shit talk before the fight and do very little when it matters. I only wish CC had knocked his head off his body.
Pride is kinda hit and miss if you ask me. Everyone bitches about how fighters in the UFC fight two times then fight for a title but I would much rather see that then Cro Cop vs Dos Caros Jr. WTF is that? On top of that I can't keep my ADD ass of the fight fourms long enough not to look at the results. That and I cant stand the ring. Cage > Ring any day of the week. How many times in a pride fight do you get "stop don't move, reset"?
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:21 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
Pride is kinda hit and miss if you ask me. Everyone bitches about how fighters in the UFC fight two times then fight for a title but I would much rather see that then Cro Cop vs Dos Caros Jr. WTF is that? On top of that I can't keep my ADD ass of the fight fourms long enough not to look at the results. That and I cant stand the ring. Cage > Ring any day of the week. How many times in a pride fight do you get "stop don't move, reset"?
I'm kind of suprised you're not a bigger Pride fan. It seems like far more people prefer it over MMA here in the states but I hear ya. I had a really hard time staying off the forums until last night. Did you watch the event last night?
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 03:56 PM
Bitter Italian

Quote:
I'm kind of suprised you're not a bigger Pride fan. It seems like far more people prefer it over MMA here in the states but I hear ya. I had a really hard time staying off the forums until last night. Did you watch the event last night?
I'll watch it tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong, I like Pride. What I don't like is all the off the wall match up's and a Japanese tomato can in every other fight. The Grand Prix's are good but side from that I will not spend my money on it. I would however love to go to a Pride fight live. It would be cool to be part of 80 thousand people watching a fight live and in person.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Your Daddy

i downloaded the pride fights on sunday morning so I knew not to buy the ppv later. bit torrent rocks

i like the rules of pride but could care less about their freak show fights. Oh well they are catering to the Japanese audience and not the fans in the USA. Im sure you will see a different type of card once they start coming to the states.

I heard they are starting a stand up fighting only org. Its for fighters like Cro Cop, Hunt, Vanderlei, etc. Should be entertaining if it happens.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 07:44 PM
Time Served

I was just wonderin do any of yall train in Dallas anywhere. And if you do have U ever heard of Adam Arrendondo?

90 Model Gt.. Customed Painted kinda darker Red with 2 silver stripes.... 347 cubic inch. Scat Forged crank, Scat Forged H beam rods, J&E pistons, TFS stage 2 cam, main girdle, 1.72 scorpions, Edelbrock Victor 5.0 intake, 70mm tb, Dart SR cast iron heads, 75mm pro M, 42lb injectors, 255 intake pump,255 walbro in-line pump, in line fuel filter, 8-an line, Aeromotive Regulator,steeda 1/2in Fuel rails, NX wet kit .....With a fully built C-4 and 3,200 stall Now we are talkin some FUCKIN MUSCLE......
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 04:20 PM
yellowcobra

Talking

has anyone seen Pete the secret weapon Spratt fight? If so, he is a local guy. He is from sherman,tx. He trains with Yves Edwards in the Woodlans from time to time.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 07:00 PM
CHILLI PALMER

HAVEN'T SEEN HIM...have you?...really??....
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 08:05 PM
Your Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcobra
has anyone seen Pete the secret weapon Spratt fight? If so, he is a local guy. He is from sherman,tx. He trains with Yves Edwards in the Woodlans from time to time.
ya ive seen him fight quite a few times. my roommate's old company made some badass shirts and hats for him. (as they did for quite a few fighters).

he got choked out pretty quick by Josh Koscheck at the last Ultimate fight night on spike. the last I heard, was he is opening his own gym in sherman and taking a break from mma. IMO, he should stick to kickboxing, he seems to be better in that sport and doesnt have to worry about going to the ground.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement