White Sox 2-0 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

White Sox 2-0

A few of you said Astros in 6, so you going to open ur eyes cause your down 0-2, yes you got oswelt but he cant pitch every game and no more celemens, garland is no sloutch game 3 is going to be great, im a white sox fan but astros will win game 3 and sox game 4 with garcia pitching a great game, i think contreous sp? will win game 5 he has been great for the white sox to win the series
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 10:24 PM
Lifer

Its gonna be tough.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #3 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 11:42 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae11
A few of you said Astros in 6, so you going to open ur eyes cause your down 0-2, yes you got oswelt but he cant pitch every game and no more celemens, garland is no sloutch game 3 is going to be great, im a white sox fan but astros will win game 3 and sox game 4 with garcia pitching a great game, i think contreous sp? will win game 5 he has been great for the white sox to win the series

You'll have to forgive most of those jumping on the stro's bandwagon. Most of them are trying to predict this series on the way the Sox played in August vs the way the Stro's played after the all-star break. Not to mention they are high after beating an injury plagued Cards team. Too bad for them this is not the Cards.
I'd like a sweep to silence them, however, I'm pretty sure that Oswalt will get them one. But I'm with you, i'm pretty sure the Sox win this in 5, 6 at the most seeing how they have the best road record in the majors.

post #4 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 11:47 PM
190hp4banger

I predicted 'Stros in 7. I know the Sox are a good team, but the 'Stros are better. They're just choking. They catch back up, they tie the game, pull ahead, etc, and when they're within reach or about to put the Sox away...they slip up. I've been a fan of both teams since I was very young, and I really feel like the 'Stros are better, but as y'all can see, they've got "Chris Simms syndrome" (aka choke artist syndrome).
post #5 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 12:04 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190hp4banger
I predicted 'Stros in 7. I know the Sox are a good team, but the 'Stros are better. They're just choking. They catch back up, they tie the game, pull ahead, etc, and when they're within reach or about to put the Sox away...they slip up. I've been a fan of both teams since I was very young, and I really feel like the 'Stros are better, but as y'all can see, they've got "Chris Simms syndrome" (aka choke artist syndrome).
I don't see how you can say they are better. The Sox have the better record and argueably the tougher division. And they made shorter work of their opponents in the post season. Naturally being in the NL with no DH, the Stros have the lower team ERA, yet despite not facing a DH, the stros ERA is only .10 better than that of the Sox and the WHIP nearly identical. As for the playoffs, the Sox have the better ERA, WHIP, HIT, OBA, and walk ratio than the Stros.
Hitting wise, hands down, the Sox posted better regular season and postseason. They ranked higher in Hits, HR's, Runs, RBI's, Stolen Bases, OBP, SLG, etc.
I'm just confused as to how you Stros fans can't see that the Sox are the better team. As for choking, I disagree. the Astros are the ones with all the Post Season veterans (Pettite, Clemens, etc). The Sox are simply outplaying them like they should.
post #6 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 12:21 AM
190hp4banger

How are you confused? Yes, the Sox had the better record... the 'Stros goofed off/choked all season and then came back to make the playoffs. They were GOOD ENOUGH to do the improbable. They do have worse stats for the season and the playoffs... because they play down to others' levels, then come back to win when it matters. It matters that they have veterans Last time I checked, veterans can play down to someone else's level or choke just as easily as a rookie. There's no rose colored glasses here, I have many Sox hats from Little League , but I just think the 'Stros are the better team. More consistent, heck no, better when they're at the top of their game, yes. It's not like these last two games in the WS were blowouts or anything.
post #7 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 01:10 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
How are you confused? Yes, the Sox had the better record... the 'Stros goofed off/choked all season and then came back to make the playoffs. They were GOOD ENOUGH to do the improbable. They do have worse stats for the season and the playoffs... because they play down to others' levels, then come back to win when it matters. It matters that they have veterans Last time I checked, veterans can play down to someone else's level or choke just as easily as a rookie. There's no rose colored glasses here, I have many Sox hats from Little League , but I just think the 'Stros are the better team. More consistent, heck no, better when they're at the top of their game, yes. It's not like these last two games in the WS were blowouts or anything.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not calling the Stros pathetic or weak. I'm not saying they got here by luck, I just believe they are the 2nd best team in this series. My point on the choking, is that the Sox should be the team that is more prone to choking as the Stros have guys that have been here before, the Sox do not.
post #8 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 02:50 AM
190hp4banger

Yeah, but sadly enough, that isn't the case. Well sadly enough for us that would like to see Houston win . Don't get me wrong, they're not playing that bad OVERALL, but Lidge is serving up game-winning pitches in each series it seems like, and even Biggio dropped a pop-up, etc. I'm definitely not doggin the Sox either, I was standin up for them in the other thread. I predicted that the 'Stros would win in 7, and that the Sox wouldn't win b/c of "luck" as someone else suggested, it would take the whole 7 games to finally edge them out 4 wins to 3. I guess we'll just have to see how good the 'Stros really are at overcoming the odds .

P.S. I don't care for Frank Thomas anymore either, and you have to root for Bagwell and Biggio.
post #9 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 08:13 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Yeah, but sadly enough, that isn't the case. Well sadly enough for us that would like to see Houston win . Don't get me wrong, they're not playing that bad OVERALL, but Lidge is serving up game-winning pitches in each series it seems like, and even Biggio dropped a pop-up, etc. I'm definitely not doggin the Sox either, I was standin up for them in the other thread. I predicted that the 'Stros would win in 7, and that the Sox wouldn't win b/c of "luck" as someone else suggested, it would take the whole 7 games to finally edge them out 4 wins to 3. I guess we'll just have to see how good the 'Stros really are at overcoming the odds .

P.S. I don't care for Frank Thomas anymore either, and you have to root for Bagwell and Biggio.
lol, poor Frank. Dude's done. He can't stay healthy to save his life. Waited his whole life to play in the WS and the year it happens, he goes down for the year.
post #10 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Lifer

Thumbs down

Stros just dont look like they are in this game tonight. I cant see it in their eyes.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #11 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 09:18 PM
98 SVT Cobra

I think my homeboys are gonna get a sweep. I may be a Cubs fan but I certainly dont mind seeing our cross town rivals playing like they are.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #12 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 10:14 PM
Time Served

extra innings
post #13 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 10:17 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

I barely made it through that inning. I heart El Duque. Dude has ice in his veins. Thats twice he's done that this post season.
post #14 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 10:17 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Maaaaaan, Garner hasn't been helping his team much.
post #15 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 10:21 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ac
Stros just dont look like they are in this game tonight. I cant see it in their eyes.
What game have you been watching?
post #16 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 10:23 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Good news for the Astros, Damaso Marte is warming up in the bullpen. If Ozzie puts that hack in, it's as good as over.
post #17 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 10:26 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
What game have you been watching?
The only game on. I just dont see it in their eyes, or at least innings 5-8. They looked tired maybe, I dunno.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #18 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 10:28 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

That could've been due to the fact that Oswalt pitched them from 4 runs up to 1 run down.

Edit: Damn, that's a big step backward: from a runner on second with 1 out to a runner on first with 2 outs.
post #19 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 10:40 PM
Lifer

WTF is with us? I cant count on my fingers how many times we blow a 2 on 2 outs, runner in scoring position. Its like a curse for us!

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #20 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 10:43 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

It's called being outplayed. It happens when you're playing a better team.
post #21 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 10:54 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
WTF is with us? I cant count on my fingers how many times we blow a 2 on 2 outs, runner in scoring position. Its like a curse for us!
Its what the sox have been doing to teams all year. Just ask Boston and the Angels.
post #22 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 10:54 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
It's called being outplayed. It happens when you're playing a better team.
Stfu, you dont know anything. Im just a pyscho fan.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #23 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 10:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Its what the sox have been doing to teams all year. Just ask Boston and the Angels.
mm not so much. If you would've seen any of the Astros games, they have done it with numerous teams, not just the Sox.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #24 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 10:56 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
mm not so much. If you would've seen any of the Astros games, they have done it with numerous teams, not just the Sox.
I've watched over 50 Sox games this year. Trust me, this is normal for the Sox.
post #25 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 10:57 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Stfu, you dont know anything. Im just a pyscho fan.
LOL, Even psycho fans need a dose of reality every now and again.
post #26 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 10:58 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I've watched over 50 Sox games this year. Trust me, this is normal for the Sox.
They didnt play the Astros 50 times. They have done it with many other teams. Sox do not = God.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #27 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:01 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
They didnt play the Astros 50 times. They have done it with many other teams. Sox do not = God.
Maybe not = God but don't be so naive. You sound like most of the media not giving them a chance. The Sox had the best record in the majors for the first half of the season and the best road record over all. They had the best record in games decided by 1 run. Why you and the rest of the MLB league do not want to give the Sox the credit they deserve is beyond me. I find it fucking hillarious that you and your groupies think the Stros could win this in 6. all year long when the Sox beat a team, I had to listen to the opposing teams trolls coming over to our sox boards making excuses. They are the best team this year, deal with it.
post #28 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:07 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Maybe not = God but don't be so naive. You sound like most of the media not giving them a chance. The Sox had the best record in the majors for the first half of the season and the best road record over all. They had the best record in games decided by 1 run. Why you and the rest of the MLB league do not want to give the Sox the credit they deserve is beyond me. I find it fucking hillarious that you and your groupies think the Stros could win this in 6. all year long when the Sox beat a team, I had to listen to the opposing teams trolls coming over to our sox boards making excuses. They are the best team this year, deal with it.
I am not an Astros groupie, please do not incllude me in that. Ive been a fan since i was a kid going to the dome. You can ask anyone that knows me. And the sox are not as badass as you think, as the Stros have kept them in strings for all of these games. As you can tell its been all about the defense and strategy in this series thus far. Hitting and errors have added to that. And also myself for one never said anything about Stros sweeping the Sox. I knew it was gonna be rough, but as you can tell from the previous scores, and now into extra innings in this ballgame, the Sox are not so superior to the Astros. I haven't seen any blowouts thus far.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #29 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:09 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
I am not an Astros groupie, please do not incllude me in that. Ive been a fan since i was a kid going to the dome. You can ask anyone that knows me. And the sox are not as badass as you think, as the Stros have kept them in strings for all of these games. As you can tell its been all about the defense and strategy in this series thus far. Hitting and errors have added to that. And also myself for one never said anything about Stros sweeping the Sox. I knew it was gonna be rough, but as you can tell from the previous scores, and now into extra innings in this ballgame, the Sox are not so superior to the Astros. I haven't seen any blowouts thus far.
The sox are superior, but the Astros are worthy to be here. You don't have to have a blowout to be better. As for lumping you with the others, my apologies, it just pisses me off that you guys haven't even lost this game yet and the excuses are already flying.
post #30 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:12 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Yeah, I'd say that the White Sox are simply outplaying the Astros, rather than the Astros just not having it (that look in their eyes)...again, tonight.
post #31 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:16 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Sox going to lose this one if they don't score this inning. The hack Marte is all that is left in the bullpen.
post #32 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:18 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Sox going to lose this one if they don't score this inning. The hack Marte is all that is left in the bullpen.
"You're Old Mother Hubbard, and only Vaughn's left in your cupboard...He wants the righty, the Vile Thing..."
"Blow it out your ass, lard mouth."
"Oh my God! Oh my God!"

I'm just sayin', he might surprise you...
post #33 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:19 PM
Lifer

Quote:
The sox are superior, but the Astros are worthy to be here. You don't have to have a blowout to be better. As for lumping you with the others, my apologies, it just pisses me off that you guys haven't even lost this game yet and the excuses are already flying.
What excuses?

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #34 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:23 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
"You're Old Mother Hubbard, and only Vaughn's left in your cupboard...He wants the righty, the Vile Thing..."
"Blow it out your ass, lard mouth."
"Oh my God! Oh my God!"

I'm just sayin', he might surprise you...

LOL, i was just looking for that quote, you read my mind.

Chris, I was referring to this comment when I said excuses.

Quote:
post #35 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:25 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Haha, I've seen that movie so many times, the good quotes are up here. *points to noggin*
post #36 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:26 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Chris, I was referring to this comment when I said excuses.
Thats not an excuse. lol. IMO, thats how I see it. You're either on or your off.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #37 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:27 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Thats not an excuse. lol. IMO, thats how I see it. You're either on or your off.

I need a beer. This game has me too highstrung right now. I'm wigging out over here.
post #38 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:28 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I need a beer. This game has me too highstrung right now. I'm wigging out over here.
LOL! You are?? Hell you are up by 2 in the series. If anyone needs a beer its me, or a shot of Tequila.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #39 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:29 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

You guys need a hobby, that's what you need.
post #40 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:30 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
LOL! You are?? Hell you are up by 2 in the series. If anyone needs a beer its me, or a shot of Tequila.
Yea but a win tonight puts the stros on deaths doorstep, a loss, the stros are right back in it. Go for the throat Ozzie!
post #41 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:33 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Podsednik....game 2 hero....game 3 goat.
post #42 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:34 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Yeah, no bunt is better than a bad bunt.
post #43 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:34 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Well...i'm hitting the showers. I hope my boys can hold them off while i'm gone.
post #44 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:35 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Laterz. I hope they can, too. $10 riding on this game.
post #45 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:35 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Well...i'm hitting the showers. I hope my boys can hold them off while i'm gone.
You wanna hit a sports bar tommorow night and watch it?

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #46 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:35 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

No. Fine. Screw you, too.

PS: I hope Houston comes back and wins, for the sake of all things Texan and not Yankee. However, I feel better betting on the better team (which, thus far, has been Chicago).
post #47 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:39 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
I heard bar.....
post #48 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:47 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Sure thing. Hmm, there's several potential hot spots in Addison. Buffalo Wild Wings has several big screens I know. You're still in Lewisville right?
post #49 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:49 PM
AHMO!

someone pm me when y'all figure this out. I'll come by after I get off work.
post #50 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:50 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nate
someone pm me when y'all figure this out. I'll come by after I get off work.
I'll give you a call when we figure it out or hit you up on AIM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement