VA Tech: WAY Overrated - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

VA Tech: WAY Overrated

This team would get run off the field by USC, Texas, Bama, Tech, and several other schools. WTF is the big deal? Sure, they play with 14 men, because the refs give them every break, and on occasion manufacture a few.....but get real. Vick is ok, but he's no Vince...he's Reggie on an average team. Maybe all the stat rape has f'd his head up, who knows. Impressive showing struggling with that unranked powerhouse MARYLAND.....shiver. I hope USC loses, so Texas can hang 50 on the most overrated team to take the turf in 5 years.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 01:17 PM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.

I need Va. Tech to beat Miami!
post #3 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
I need Va. Tech to beat Miami!
damn...i forgot that was coming up. Gonna be a lot of va tech fans seeking solace from their sisters that night.....Miami will probablly decimate them. Overrated.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org

post #4 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 01:44 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
This team would get run off the field by USC, Texas, Bama, Tech, and several other schools. WTF is the big deal? Sure, they play with 14 men, because the refs give them every break, and on occasion manufacture a few.....but get real. Vick is ok, but he's no Vince...he's Reggie on an average team. Maybe all the stat rape has f'd his head up, who knows. Impressive showing struggling with that unranked powerhouse MARYLAND.....shiver. I hope USC loses, so Texas can hang 50 on the most overrated team to take the turf in 5 years.
Statutory rape? What do you mean, those 14 year old girls told him they were 18! LOL!

Educate this guy PT.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #5 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 03:01 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
Statutory rape? What do you mean, those 14 year old girls told him they were 18! LOL!

Educate this guy PT.
St-st-st-statistic.
post #6 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 05:10 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

VT is not overated. They have one of the best defenses in the nation and the best special teams unit. Maryland always gets better as the season goes on and this year is no different, they're not a bad team. Would you call Texas overrated last year because they barely beat Kansas, or USC overrated because Arizona hung w/ them? Every good team struggles w/ subpar opponents.

post #7 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 06:10 PM
I didn't do it

Va Tech's offense is not that good. Marcus Vick is a better runner than a passer, although he has a better arm than his brother. Maryland would've been a lot closer to an upset if their kicker hadn't sucked away any momentum by missing a couple of field goals. I understand why they are ranked, they field a pretty complete team. I just don't understand the #3 spot. Georgia, Texas and USC would steamroll the Hokies.

post #8 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

USC is very much over rated. As to VA Tech,they were completely under-whelming last night. The only reason they're in the Top 5 is due to the last name on the QBs jersey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
VT is not overated. They have one of the best defenses in the nation and the best special teams unit. Maryland always gets better as the season goes on and this year is no different, they're not a bad team. Would you call Texas overrated last year because they barely beat Kansas, or USC overrated because Arizona hung w/ them? Every good team struggles w/ subpar opponents.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #9 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-22-2005, 07:22 PM

Quote:
USC is very much over rated. As to VA Tech,they were completely under-whelming last night. The only reason they're in the Top 5 is due to the last name on the QBs jersey.
You think they're #3 only because Vick plays for them? LOL!

post #10 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 07:22 AM
Lifer

I think Tech was the most over-rated team in the polls. I said "was" . No question now. The 'Horn defense would hit Lienert so hard, that when he woke up, his clothes would be out of style! Again, NO ONE has faced a defense unless they have faced Texas.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #11 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
You think they're #3 only because Vick plays for them? LOL!
Are you so naive to believe that that doesnt buy them points with the media and SIDs every Sunday when the polls are filled out?

What have they done? Squeaked by that powerhouse NC State 20-16...oooooh. Have they beaten any ranked teams? Duke, Ohio, Marshall, NC State, Maryland.....not exactly a list of "Who's Who in 2006 BCS Bowl Games."

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #12 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 03:18 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Are you so naive to believe that that doesnt buy them points with the media and SIDs every Sunday when the polls are filled out?

What have they done? Squeaked by that powerhouse NC State 20-16...oooooh. Have they beaten any ranked teams? Duke, Ohio, Marshall, NC State, Maryland.....not exactly a list of "Who's Who in 2006 BCS Bowl Games."
damn they almost had a texas tech schedule?

1995 cobra bolt ons red with black cloth 1.76 60'

13.27 at 102.83 6123' air ... in shop getting procharged d1sc canfield heads etc etc
post #13 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 08:51 PM

Quote:

Since when do you have to beat a list of quality teams to be ranked high? If you start high, and win, then you stay high. Even you should know that.

No, I don't think their ranking has anything to do w/ the voters swinging off of Vick's nuts. Why would they, he's been accused of rape? Why would the media embrace him? VT is ranked #3 because their defense is awesome and their special teams are the best in the nation every year. And yeah, they have a pretty decent offense too.

Have they beat any ranked teams? Yeah, Georgia Tech was #15 when they played and beat them by 44, and they beat #20 WV on their home field.

post #14 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 09:37 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

The problem for VA Tech now is they actually have to play good teams for the next two weeks. This week it is Boston College and then the week after that it is Miami. I predict they drop both of those games.

On a sidenote: HOW THE FUCK DOES VA TECH HAVE ANY FIRST PLACE VOTES IN THE USA TODAY POLL?

-1998 Cobra - Vortech SQ-Trim powered - BAD-SVT Jr.

459.1rwhp/368.5rwtq on 8#'s of boost

Upcoming mods: 2008 Mustang GT or 2003-up BMW M3
post #15 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Since when do you have to beat a list of quality teams to be ranked high? If you start high, and win, then you stay high. Even you should know that.
This is supposed to disprove the fact that they are overrated?

Quote:

Have they beat any ranked teams? Yeah, Georgia Tech was #15 when they played and beat them by 44, and they beat #20 WV on their home field.
Where are they ranked now? What a lame way to play word games......you dont get credit for where they WERE ranked, only where they are ranked.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #16 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 02:26 PM

Quote:
This is supposed to disprove the fact that they are overrated?

Where are they ranked now? What a lame way to play word games......you dont get credit for where they WERE ranked, only where they are ranked.
How is that a lame play on words? You asked if they played any ranked teams, and according to the schedude, GT was ranked at the time they played. And WV is ranked #20 RIGHT NOW so there goes your argument. If Ohio St dropped out of the rankings, would you say the Horns played a ranked OSU team? Yeah, you would.

But of course, arguing w/ you is like arguing w/ a woman. We'll just pretend you're right so you'll stfu

post #17 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

If OSU dropped, they wouldnt be ranked, so why would I say they are ranked?

Va Tech is overrated, and quite a few teams in the To p15 would pound them....Miami should, in a few weeks.

Quote:
How is that a lame play on words? You asked if they played any ranked teams, and according to the schedude, GT was ranked at the time they played. And WV is ranked #20 RIGHT NOW so there goes your argument. If Ohio St dropped out of the rankings, would you say the Horns played a ranked OSU team? Yeah, you would.

But of course, arguing w/ you is like arguing w/ a woman. We'll just pretend you're right so you'll stfu

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #18 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 12:19 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:

lmao when i told you that mack bitched and moaned last year and the ut alums started throwing money around to get texas in teh bcs bowl game, you laughed. now you are saying the same thing about another team.

I hope usc, ut, va tech, and either georgia or bama go undeafeated. so once again mack can bitch and moan about not getting a shot. and then watch hook'em do the same thing.
post #19 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 12:33 PM
M0DERAT0R

Which bowl game will the Razorbacks play in this year, Cartman?

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #20 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 04:05 PM
in memory of "lil' Roy"

ahhh fuck it! GO TEXAS!!!!!!

winner of 5 out of 9 at the 2007 spring cruise!
winner of 2 out of 4 at Redline 7/21/07
winner of 4 out of 5 at the 10/21/07 fall cruise!
2009 spring cruise- won 1 out of 2 races!!!!!!
2010 spring cruise- 4 wins 2 losses but only raced 1 guy on my list and as usual couldn't find the others!!!!

RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010 you will always be in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.
post #21 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 05:02 PM

va. tech will lose and this whole thread will be forgoten va. tech will lose!
post #22 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
lmao when i told you that mack bitched and moaned last year and the ut alums started throwing money around to get texas in teh bcs bowl game, you laughed. now you are saying the same thing about another team.
Are you drunk? I said no such thing. I refererenced name recognition....I said nothing about some kind of payola. Where do you get this shit?

Quote:
I hope usc, ut, va tech, and either georgia or bama go undeafeated. so once again mack can bitch and moan about not getting a shot. and then watch hook'em do the same thing.
Why would I? ESPN has already determined they want UT and USC, it'll be UT and USC.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #23 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 10:44 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
Which bowl game will the Razorbacks play in this year, Cartman?
well, when you play in the toughest conference, you can't expect to win all the time.
post #24 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
well, when you play in the toughest conference, you can't expect to win all the time.

The SEC hasnt been the toughest conf for several years now...but they are > Big12 in football this year.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #25 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 11:26 AM
BOOMER SOONER!

Quote:
If OSU dropped, they wouldnt be ranked, so why would I say they are ranked?

Va Tech is overrated, and quite a few teams in the To p15 would pound them....Miami should, in a few weeks.
Who are you kidding HookEm, you guys will harp for years to come on the fact that you went into the Horsehoe & won. OSU could lose out & yall would still bring that shit up.

You should give credit where it's do, VT is good & has a pretty good shot of winning out. It won't matter though, no one will catch USC & UT it doesn't look like.
post #26 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

No. We'll harp that we are the only undefeated team as far as night games in The Shoe go. But if they fell out of the status of the ranked, I wouldn't say, "Well, they were ranked when they played us."
As to VT, they may drop to BC and Miami, we shall see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder99TA
Who are you kidding HookEm, you guys will harp for years to come on the fact that you went into the Horsehoe & won. OSU could lose out & yall would still bring that shit up.

You should give credit where it's do, VT is good & has a pretty good shot of winning out. It won't matter though, no one will catch USC & UT it doesn't look like.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #27 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 12:43 PM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
I disagree and feel that in the future Vick will prove to much better than VY or Reggie.
post #28 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 12:59 PM
CEO of......

hell if maryland had an offense or even a QB that could throw a pass, this thread wouldn't be here right now. some of you should watch college football.
post #29 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
hell if maryland had an offense or even a QB that could throw a pass, this thread wouldn't be here right now. some of you should watch college football.
Any given saturday a team can have a bad game. You need to watch more college football.
post #30 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 01:07 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Any given saturday a team can have a bad game. You need to watch more college football.

i only have so many tv's in the house. why am i fixing to argue with an aggy for? i'm not LOL

well, i assure you if va tech turns the ball over 4 times tonight, they will not win.
post #31 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 01:08 PM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
Or just watch the televised A&M games.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #32 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 01:12 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Or just watch the televised A&M games.

he said college................ oh nevermind
post #33 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 03:15 PM

Quote:
I disagree and feel that in the future Vick will prove to much better than VY or Reggie.
I thought you couldn't post in his threads

post #34 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
That's like saying if Tech had a defense they'd be #1 right now. Who cares about "if's"? Some of you should learn how reality and fantasy differ.

post #35 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 04:51 PM

BTW, we can see how overrated VT is tonight when they play BC.

post #36 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 05:34 PM
yellowcobra

VT is maybe @ best 10-15 in the nation. They have an awesome D , USC and Texas are the real deal. It would probably be a shoot out, if or when they meet on the 4th of January? Don't let my punk A** newbie status scare you off!
post #37 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 06:06 PM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
BC sucks. They barely beat Clemson and Wake Forest.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #38 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 09:08 PM

they beat BC 30-10

all well TEXAS will still play usc for ADT trophy!!!

HOOK EM' HORNS!!!
post #39 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Old School

I figured VT would win tonight. Next week againt Miami will be the real test. They are lucky that it too is a home game. We shall see.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #40 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 09:21 PM
M0DERAT0R

Told ya, BC sucked.

BC only beat (2-5) Wake Forest by a score of 35-30 at home last week.
Also, BC only beat (4-3) Clemson by 3 points in overtime.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #41 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 09:24 PM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX
Next week againt Miami will be the real test.
Not so fast. Miami lost to Fl St. and had to go to OT to beat Clemson.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #42 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 09:34 PM
Old School

Quote:
Not so fast. Miami lost to Fl St. and had to go to OT to beat Clemson.

FINE then, it will be the midterm....and then the final will be againt Fla St.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #43 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Told ya, BC sucked.

BC only beat (2-5) Wake Forest by a score of 35-30 at home last week.
Also, BC only beat (4-3) Clemson by 3 points in overtime.
How much a team beat another team by isn't really a true gauge on how good a team is. Texas barely beat Kansas last year so does that mean they sucked? Nah. That BC-Wake game was filled with turnovers because it was pouring rain the entire time. If it was dry, it would have been a different story, but it wasn't, so it was a close one.

Yeah, BC is overrated, but they don't suck.

post #44 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 11:58 PM
Time Served

Im want all the undefeated teams to stay undefeated, thats the only thing thats going to help NCAA football, if only two top teams are undefeated the BCS will still be around, but if they top 4 have zero in the loss column they have to consider a playoff for next year, and what if the number 3 blows out number 4, and number 2 beats number one in the bowl games, im hoping for a total mess
post #45 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 08:26 AM
CEO of......

Quote:
That's like saying if Tech had a defense they'd be #1 right now. Who cares about "if's"? Some of you should learn how reality and fantasy differ.

you right, why don't you tell me the difference between reality and fantasy. you took my post and ran the totally opposite way with it, good job.
post #46 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 09:41 AM

Quote:
So how do you feel about this statement with 20/20 hindsight?
post #47 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcobra
VT is maybe @ best 10-15 in the nation. They have an awesome D , USC and Texas are the real deal. It would probably be a shoot out, if or when they meet on the 4th of January? Don't let my punk A** newbie status scare you off!
They look top 5 last night against BC!
post #48 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 01:27 PM

Quote:
They look top 5 last night against BC!
I agree .

VTech is by no means a bad team... in fact they are a top contending team... but after watching them week after week I don't see them as being a #2 team.
post #49 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 03:13 PM

Quote:
So how do you feel about this statement with 20/20 hindsight?
Are you blind? I've been the only one saying VT is NOT overrated. So in hindsight, I think I made a pretty good claim, thanks.

post #50 of 108 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

IMO, you've got USC and Texas at 1 and 2, 2 and 1, whatever....and then a whole mess of teams. Va Tech has no business even looking at a Rose Bowl shot, but time will tell.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement