BCS at years end - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Never settle always excel

BCS at years end

I was looking at results and have concluded Texas will need a lot of luck to see the the National Championship game this year. They have one very well ranked T-Tech team on their schedule left. If they survive T-Tech which I wonder right now between the Tech deep depth offensive and hard ass hitting defense this will be a hard one and I favor Tech in this one. As for down the road Texas has the weakest schedule of anyone in the top five.

Where as Bama has the strongest, having just beaten a then #5 Florida, and still have #19 Tenn, #6 LSU and #18 Auburn. So they look to be first in line come seasons end if they remain undefeated.

VT still has #12 Boston, #8 Miami and VA ranked #23 in the AP but unranked in the BCS poll.

Georgia recently knocked off a #8 ranked Tenn now #19 and still has #20 Florida and #18 Auburn.

So in order for Texas to get into the BCS Championship game they need three possible things to happen, win out the rest of their season, hope #3#4#5 drop a game or hope USC to drops a game.

I personally feel if they all win out that Bama should take the ride to the title game against USC, I would love to see VT in another Championship game but given Bama's schedule they seem to the top choice at seasons end end if undefeated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 10:17 AM
M0DERAT0R

Aggys across the nation are also dreaming for moral victory #854513564.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
Aggys across the nation are also dreaming for moral victory #854513564.
Really I am not focused on the Aggies but on the top five, all of which must win out to be considered for the Championship bid. USC is in the game as long as they win out due to their current record, strength of schedule and the fact is the pollsters are not likely to remove them from number 1 until they take a defeat. Texas has proven time and time again they get real close but drop a game as have the VT Hokies in the recent past. Georgia and Bama are steam rollers when the get to going and I am most impressed by Bama given their success versus limitations in recruiting. So it isn't an Aggie issue it is a National Title game issue. Iif you have an opinion that refutes mine please share, if all you plan to do is point and yell Aggie, then be gone, evil doer!

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 11:02 AM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Iif you have an opinion that refutes mine please share, if all you plan to do is point and yell Aggie, then be gone, evil doer!
I disagree with your wish.

If Texas continues to blow out opponents, they will play in the Rose Bowl.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Really I am not focused on the Aggies but on the top five, all of which must win out to be considered for the Championship bid. USC is in the game as long as they win out due to their current record, strength of schedule and the fact is the pollsters are not likely to remove them from number 1 until they take a defeat. Texas has proven time and time again they get real close but drop a game as have the VT Hokies in the recent past. Georgia and Bama are steam rollers when the get to going and I am most impressed by Bama given their success versus limitations in recruiting. So it isn't an Aggie issue it is a National Title game issue. Iif you have an opinion that refutes mine please share, if all you plan to do is point and yell Aggie, then be gone, evil doer!

How they proven to 'drop games time and time again' in the recent past??

Texas has only lost 1 regular season game after OU since 2000, and that happened in 2002 when they lost to Tech.

The other notable loss was in the Big 12 championship game against Colorado that sparked the whole debate on whether or not having a conf championship game helps or hurts a team (in comparison to leagues that don't play an extra game)

Texas has won 13 straight games. 17 of thier last 18 with the only loss being to a then #2 Oklahoma. Texas has earned massive amounts of respect over the past year with a huge bump from one of the all time great games of the Rose Bowl against Michigan.

At times Texas hasn't looked like a #2 team, but same goes for USC. Texas, like USC at #1, will remain a solid #2 to voters until they lose.

After seeing how large the current BCS gap is between Texas and the other unbeatens I just don't think Texas will fall enough and VT, Georgia, Alabama will gain enough in the computers to avg out ahead of Texas.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 01:50 PM
BOOMER SOONER!

as much as I despise UT(im an OU fan), I would rather see them in the big dance than anyone else. I'm all for the Big 12 come bowl time.

Even though I don't think UT can be caught, it would be in they're best interest win & win big to keep the moody voters from popping them for it.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 02:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder99TA
as much as I despise UT(im an OU fan), I would rather see them in the big dance than anyone else. I'm all for the Big 12 come bowl time.
I feel the same way Im for Big12 teams once we get to bowl season and i would like to see tu in the championship game, i wish some tu fans on here had the same respect but its clear they do not...*cough*boss hogg*cough* *cough*hookem*cough*
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 02:24 PM
M0DERAT0R

I apologize, but I couldn't help from laughing during last year's bowl games. I promise to root for A&M if they make it to a bowl game.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
How they proven to 'drop games time and time again' in the recent past??

Texas has only lost 1 regular season game after OU since 2000, and that happened in 2002 when they lost to Tech.

The other notable loss was in the Big 12 championship game against Colorado that sparked the whole debate on whether or not having a conf championship game helps or hurts a team (in comparison to leagues that don't play an extra game)

Texas has won 13 straight games. 17 of thier last 18 with the only loss being to a then #2 Oklahoma. Texas has earned massive amounts of respect over the past year with a huge bump from one of the all time great games of the Rose Bowl against Michigan.

At times Texas hasn't looked like a #2 team, but same goes for USC. Texas, like USC at #1, will remain a solid #2 to voters until they lose.

After seeing how large the current BCS gap is between Texas and the other unbeatens I just don't think Texas will fall enough and VT, Georgia, Alabama will gain enough in the computers to avg out ahead of Texas.
You just answered your own question they have managed to drop one game per year thus removing them from top 4 end of year status. Everyone respects them as they do Bama, VT and GA but one of them will drop a game it always happens.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 04:29 PM

Virginia Tech and Alabama will both lose this year, I think Georgia has the best shot to run the table, they are the only threat to a Texas Rose Bowl appearance...........well and I guess the other teams on Texas' schedule
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Now for some real BS, I have met a new girl. She is blonde, beautiful the same age as me we have a lot in common both cowboys fans, both lost a parent recently both divorced. Then she finds out I am an Aggie and I find out she is a Horn, LOL. So we have agreed to disagree she even cheered at UT when she attended, what the hell? Jesus sometimes my luck goes from oh yeah to oh shit, LOL. We are working it out though.
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightRunner
Virginia Tech and Alabama will both lose this year, I think Georgia has the best shot to run the table, they are the only threat to a Texas Rose Bowl appearance...........well and I guess the other teams on Texas' schedule
Nah I think Bama will be up at years end, just my opinion not a fact.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 04:49 PM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
You just answered your own question they have managed to drop one game per year thus removing them from top 4 end of year status.
You just described almost every team in the NCAA.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 05:44 PM

Quote:
You just answered your own question they have managed to drop one game per year thus removing them from top 4 end of year status. Everyone respects them as they do Bama, VT and GA but one of them will drop a game it always happens.
Actually I corrected the statement that they don't drop one game per year.

In the past 4 years they have lost one regular season game and one league final post OU.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
You just described almost every team in the NCAA.
all but the top 4
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 07:04 PM
Lifer

Congrats on the new squeeze, ProTrash. A blonde, a 'Horn, and if she voted for GW, that's the TRIFECTA! Sweet dreams on that UT/Tech prediction. I think you're just whistlin' passed the graveyard...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 07:22 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

LSU All the way.I hope.
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 07:34 PM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
all but the top 4
Yes, the #5 spot was conviently left out of the arguement.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 08:15 PM
-----------------------

The gap from 2 to 3 is so big that really the only way for Texas to slip is if they lose.

If Tech is #7 in the BCS with that freakin' HS schedule then there is no way Texas will drop lower than 2.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 09:49 PM
Old School

Keep dreaming Pro Trash.

Maybe when you wake up, A&M will actually have a good team

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-20-2005, 01:15 PM
P1

Quote:

obviously bama or GA is going to lose a game they have to play each other in the conference title game

Oh! A phoneg is ringin....
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-20-2005, 01:17 PM
P1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91rednotch
The gap from 2 to 3 is so big that really the only way for Texas to slip is if they lose.

If Tech is #7 in the BCS with that freakin' HS schedule then there is no way Texas will drop lower than 2.

lol SL Carroll might have given them a better game than some of their opening teams

Oh! A phoneg is ringin....
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 02:15 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
If they survive T-Tech which I wonder right now between the Tech deep depth offensive and hard ass hitting defense this will be a hard one and I favor Tech in this one.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 12:16 PM
I wanna be just like evil jose

Go Texas

http://www.bcsfootball.org/files/2005-short2.pdf

"A 10! A fucking 10!" [b]Billy Bob - Varsity Blues
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 12:45 PM
M0DERAT0R

Pooooooooooooor Proooooooo Traaaaaaaaash!

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 01:07 PM
Old School

Wow Pro Trash and his biased opinion is wrong again....whoda thunk!

Trevor
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 02:28 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Just stopping in to LOL at Pro Trash.

post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 10:48 AM
M0DERAT0R

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tech.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	54414  

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 10:58 AM
Old School

lol! that rocked David!

Trevor
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:03 AM
M0DERAT0R

Even better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aggymoralvictory.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	54415  

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
I suggest you follow the guidelines set by Jose that we not reply to one another. Unless of course you wish for him to ban you. I will no longer respond to you unless it is to explain these rules as given to me by that moderator. Have a good day.
post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:22 AM
not exclude

Quote:
I suggest you follow the guidelines set by Jose that we not reply to one another. Unless of course you wish for him to ban you. I will no longer respond to you unless it is to explain these rules as given to me by that moderator. Have a good day.
lmao!
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 01:56 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:
LOL! What a vagina.

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:38 PM
Old School

Quote:

LMAO! Is this for real? I mean did Jose do that?

Trevor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement