Tech v Texas - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Tech v Texas

The heavyweights of the B12 strap it on this week, and while I have much respect for Leach and the boys from Lubbock.....if they don't watch out, this could be a Texas sized blow out. Texas defense is by far the best D Tech will face this year, and if they cant run, Texas is gonna blitz that poor QB thru the turf.

Gameday should be in Austin, so it'll be a great atmosphere....two Top 10 teams facing off, and the last time VY gets to show his stuff against a quality opponent until bowl time. Big game for his Heisman run, and from a BCS standpoint Texas needs to win, and win big, to pacify the voters, agaisnt a team that has the capability of leaving Austin with a win.....should be a fun one.

Sig bet anyone?

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 08:45 AM
Good times

I'll take that bet, although I was thinking more along the lines of an avatar bet. Either works for me though.

n/a
post #3 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 08:48 AM
Lifer

I just hope that tech plays a mistake free game cause every mistake we make will score points for texas...

1995 cobra bolt ons red with black cloth 1.76 60'

13.27 at 102.83 6123' air ... in shop getting procharged d1sc canfield heads etc etc

post #4 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT Lurch
I'll take that bet, although I was thinking more along the lines of an avatar bet. Either works for me though.
sig bet, avatar bet, bottle bet....name it!

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #5 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 09:06 AM
Good times

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
sig bet, avatar bet, bottle bet....name it!
Avatar, I don't have anything for you to put in your sig.
post #6 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 09:15 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Texas will win big time, just like last year!

-1998 Cobra - Vortech SQ-Trim powered - BAD-SVT Jr.

459.1rwhp/368.5rwtq on 8#'s of boost

Upcoming mods: 2008 Mustang GT or 2003-up BMW M3
post #7 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 09:35 AM
M0DERAT0R

While it should be a good game, UT should prevail.

UT will run last Saturday's defensive scheme at TT and limit the Playstation offense. However, stupid turnovers could keep TT in the game.

My prediction, TT scores late against the 3rd team defense to keep it reasonable.
UT 45
TT 28

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #8 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 09:45 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

ESPN Gameday will most likely be in Austin, and BAD Radio are going to be down there. This should be good.

Oh, and the game . . . Tech's Offense is going to be very hard to defend. It's going to be down to who has the better defense.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #9 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 09:52 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Tech hasn't changed at all from last year. Texas is just as good if not better than last year.

Last year's results: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200410230086
post #10 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 09:56 AM
Old School

UT should win comfortably, but Tech does make me nervous with their passing attack.

Should be a good game. Looking forward to it.

Props to Tech for not laying an egg like the rest of the Big 12 this year

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #11 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 10:03 AM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX
UT should win comfortably, but Tech does make me nervous with their passing attack.

Should be a good game. Looking forward to it.

Props to Tech for not laying an egg like the rest of the Big 12 this year
Well as far a Tech Defense goes god help you all if Slay lays a hit on VY like he did on the K State QB, man he is vicous. This is a video link posted by Boss Hogg in another thread if you haven't seen this kid.

http://www.kcbd.com/global/category.asp?c=21312
post #12 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 10:10 AM
Is it cold in here?

I'd rather see Tech win!!
Didn't their QB have somehting like 659 yds passing Sat??

[email protected] on some 275 60's!
http://media.putfile.com/Neely-tulsa-final-round001
post #13 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 10:25 AM
Good times

643 yards, but impressive either way.

As long as Tech doesn't make costly mistakes, I see this being a good game that could easily go either way.

n/a
post #14 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 11:05 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Well as far a Tech Defense goes god help you all if Slay lays a hit on VY like he did on the K State QB, man he is vicous. This is a video link posted by Boss Hogg in another thread if you haven't seen this kid.

http://www.kcbd.com/global/category.asp?c=21312
Please don't ever use a Tech defender and "vicous" in the same sentence. Unless you're talking about Zack Thomas.

post #15 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 11:08 AM
Back To Normal

This will be a VERY good game. I can not wait until this Saturday! Texas is a great team on a mission right now. IMO Tech will need to play a flawless game and Texas will need to stumble a bit to make it a game....not a win for Tech...Just a game.

SVTVenom....Tech's offensive style has not changed but the players have. All of our wide outs are very good athletes and are more sure of themselves. For instance take a look at Joel Filani.

This is a very important game for both programs and I hope that both teams bring their best. I hope the best for both teams and that the game ends without any injuries since that could cause more harm to each of our seasons then this one game.

Good Luck Longhorns. This will be the most important game I have ever seen my Red Raiders play as our two freight trains collide.

P.S. Tell Vince to watch out for “The Slay-er”

Go Red Raiders!

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
post #16 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 11:13 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
Please don't ever use a Tech defender and "vicous" in the same sentence. Unless you're talking about Zack Thomas.
he snuffed out the run but he is not a huge hitter like slay, just good tough nosed football prolly why he went to the nfl

13.27 at 102.83 6123' air ... in shop getting procharged d1sc canfield heads etc etc
post #17 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 11:16 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 GT
This will be a VERY good game. I can not wait until this Saturday! Texas is a great team on a mission right now. IMO Tech will need to play a flawless game and Texas will need to stumble a bit to make it a game....not a win for Tech...Just a game.

SVTVenom....Tech's offensive style has not changed but the players have. All of our wide outs are very good athletes and are more sure of themselves. For instance take a look at Joel Filani.

This is a very important game for both programs and I hope that both teams bring their best. I hope the best for both teams and that the game ends without any injuries since that could cause more harm to each of our seasons then this one game.

Good Luck Longhorns. This will be the most important game I have ever seen my Red Raiders play as our two freight trains collide.

P.S. Tell Vince to watch out for “The Slay-er”
Go Red Raiders!
yep most of the wide recievers are well over 6' tall and corners are usually never over 5'10 so thats a good advantage, I cant seem to find any clips of that filani catch he had falling down on the sidelines?

post #18 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 11:19 AM
Lifer

hasnt changed from last year?!?!?! ARE YOU STUPID?!?! just wait until VY meets Dwayne Slay and the Tech Defense. Slay is gonna knock the crap outta VY and then the D is MUCH improved over past years
post #19 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattv
hasnt changed from last year?!?!?! ARE YOU STUPID?!?! just wait until VY meets Dwayne Slay and the Tech Defense. Slay is gonna knock the crap outta VY and then the D is MUCH improved over past years
Easy there, killer. Texas has one of, if not the, best offensive lines/units in all of college football. IIRC, he survived just fine against the best LB corps in the country.

As to the last year reference, Tech's D is still not all that, and Texas D is still pretty damn good. So, that reeks of status quo, to me.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #20 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 11:39 AM
Back To Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy532
yep most of the wide recievers are well over 6' tall and corners are usually never over 5'10 so thats a good advantage, I cant seem to find any clips of that filani catch he had falling down on the sidelines?

You mean this one....

Filani has great concentration!

post #21 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 11:41 AM
Lifer

Joel Filani ...... and how is TU gonna cover Hicks, Filani, Johnson, and amendola lets not forget about the freshman we have at WR... also Taurean henderson? hes just as much threat as those named WRs

Here is one of the many hits we are enjoying here at tech from slay.... theres a reason why he was recruited by USC out of Junior College
http://media.putfile.com/Slayhit
post #22 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

We went thru the "how is Texas gonna" arguement last year. The answer is easy: smack your qb in the mouth 3-4 times, and he'll start looking over his shoulder..a lot. Texas gets to thye qb quite frequently, and administers pain with extreme prejudice.

I have a lot of respect for Tech, but you're acting as if Tech is gonna walk all over Texas....that's the stuff of opium visions.

Quote:
Joel Filani ...... and how is TU gonna cover Hicks, Filani, Johnson, and amendola lets not forget about the freshman we have at WR... also Taurean henderson? hes just as much threat as those named WRs

Here is one of the many hits we are enjoying here at tech from slay.... theres a reason why he was recruited by USC out of Junior College
http://media.putfile.com/Slayhit

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #23 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 12:00 PM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
Only because of this year's Pee Wee teams.

You're much improved D has had more points scored against them in the Big 12 this year than last year. Also, this year's offense has scored less points.

This year vs..
Kansas 30-17
Nebraska 34-31
Kansas St 59-20
Total 123-68

Last year vs..
Kansas 31-30
Nebraska 70-10
Kansas St 35-25
Total 136-65

I'm just saying.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #24 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 12:19 PM
Back To Normal

Mattv...although I appreciate your passion please do not be blindly devoted. Texas is a good team and they deserve that respect. It is better to be humble now since we are the underdogs. Texas has a better D then anyone Tech has faced thus far. They will find a way to defend the pass but every team has a weakness. Tech will need to find that weakness and capitalize on it.

On the other hand HookEm, Cody is a tough dude and he is also a lot more mobile then Sonny was last year. I have no doubt that Texas will get to him a few times but he has already taken some big hits and came bouncing back.

post #25 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 12:21 PM
Banned

I'll be in Austin on Saturday. We'll probably leave right after the game though. My bet is on UT and after the USC vs. Notre Dame game I'm thinking Texas could give it to those damn Californians too.
post #26 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 12:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
Only because of this year's Pee Wee teams.

You're much improved D has had more points scored against them in the Big 12 this year than last year. Also, this year's offense has scored less points.

This year vs..
Kansas 30-17
Nebraska 34-31
Kansas St 59-20
Total 123-68

Last year vs..
Kansas 31-30
Nebraska 70-10
Kansas St 35-25
Total 136-65

I'm just saying.
kansas nebraska and kstate looked like better teams this year also , kstate just fell apart in the third quarter hell they led tech in the first half for a while

post #27 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

I suspect he'll keep on getting up...it wasn't a suggestion that he wouldn't. However, no matter who you are, if you get popped enuff times, you begin to get a little worried. It's just human nature.

It'll be a helluva game, and I'm sure it sickens the Eastern and Western football snobs that it's two Texas teams squaring off.....all the more sweeter!

Quote:
Mattv...although I appreciate your passion please do not be blindly devoted. Texas is a good team and they deserve that respect. It is better to be humble now since we are the underdogs. Texas has a better D then anyone Tech has faced thus far. They will find a way to defend the pass but every team has a weakness. Tech will need to find that weakness and capitalize on it.

On the other hand HookEm, Cody is a tough dude and he is also a lot more mobile then Sonny was last year. I have no doubt that Texas will get to him a few times but he has already taken some big hits and came bouncing back.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #28 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 12:44 PM
Back To Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
It'll be a helluva game, and I'm sure it sickens the Eastern and Western football snobs that it's two Texas teams squaring off.....all the more sweeter!
Heck yeah! I can't wait. I really hope this game lives up to all the hype it is getting and above all I hope there are not any injuries.

post #29 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Heck yeah! I can't wait. I really hope this game lives up to all the hype it is getting and above all I hope there are not any injuries.
damn i wish i could have a beer with this game.......these kind of games...2:30, saturday afternoon, october.....are what cold beer was made for...alas, i'll make due with a bit of Crown, i suppose.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #30 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 01:50 PM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy532
kansas nebraska and kstate looked like better teams this year also
What?

Kansas hasn't won a Big 12 game this year and have scored a total of 6 pts in the last two games.

Kansas St lost to OU by 22 pts and only beat Kansas by 9 pts.

Nebraska beat Pitt by 1 pt (7-6).

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #31 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 03:40 PM

So who is actually going to the game besides me?

post #32 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 03:47 PM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
So who is actually going to the game besides me?
Have an extra ticket?

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #33 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Have an extra ticket?
Yeah but I think it'd be weird having sex w/ you afterwards as opposed to my girlfriend.

post #34 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Yeah but I think it'd be weird having sex w/ you afterwards as opposed to my girlfriend.
You THINK??????

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #35 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 04:59 PM
M0DERAT0R

Wink

A simple "no" will do.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #36 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 05:25 PM
Fear the Stashe

Texas will win..

the spread is at 17.5
Im sure Texas will win by 14 or 17.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #37 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 05:28 PM
M0DERAT0R

lol, a guy in my office just bet me $20 that Tech would win. He didn't even ask for points.

I hope I didn't jinx Texas.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #38 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 05:32 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
lol, a guy in my office just bet me $20 that Tech would win. He didn't even ask for points.

Hahah, you should have said 100$

Quote:
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #39 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 06:18 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:

Don't worry about it. I made two bets of the same amount with some co-workers. Tha Horns made me money off of Ohio St. and they will do it again against Tech.
post #40 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 06:47 PM
Lifer

I'm gonna watch just to see how long it takes for Texas' defense to pull a train on the Tech QB!

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #41 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 08:46 PM
Clown

Seems as if Tech is getting better at picking up the blitz as the weeks go by. KSU tried to do what Nebraska did and it didn't work. If the Texas Defense gives Hodges anytime to throw they might be in trouble. No, Hodges is no VY but have you seen that guys completion ratio?
post #42 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 09:32 PM
-----------------------

Which Tech team will show up? The one that struggled against K State in the first half or the one that throttled K state in the second half?

They had better hope the latter shows up or it could very easily be ugly by halftime.
post #43 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 09:36 PM
351 in the works

techs defense is going to have to step up
post #44 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 11:38 PM
190hp4banger

IMO, having the gaps that Tech's O-line has makes it much harder for most teams to stunt and rush, yet still defend the quick pass (linbackers are gone) and excellent receivers that Tech has. I don't think that'll be the case with Texas though. Texas probably has the best O-line and D-line in the nation, and some pretty good backers too. Tech won't have the ability to double-team any one player while still maintaining a solid wall for Hodges. Our secondary is pretty good too, don't kid yourselves. The only thing I see having a chance of breaking Texas' back is Taurean Henderson. With the close coverage we're gonna have to play your receivers, a quick flip out of the backfield is the only forseeable thing to mess up our rhthym. That's the great thing about Tech, so many weapons. Texas should dominate from the second quarter on, and win. Hopefully this game will show many people that Tech is NOT overrated, but a quality team and opponent, and thus help Texas solidify their place in all voters' minds (and computers' 0's and 1's) as a clear #1 or 2. Then, it's on to give them sissies from California a good ole Texas asswhippin' .
post #45 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 04:21 AM
Lifer

a better clip of the slay http://media.putfile.com/DwayneSlay

post #46 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 08:22 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

A.J. Hawk of Ohio State is 5x better than this Slay character and we all know the outcome of that game.
post #47 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

I must say, it is refreshing to see a big game coming up, and little to no personal attacks coming down. Nice to see both sides of the aisle very respectful of the other.

I wish Tech all the luck in the world...well, not ALL, but u know what I mean....

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #48 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 11:15 AM
HPP = GHEY

ok what do yall think about the 16 point spread?

Nick's Custom Detailing 214-205-1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybo View Post
Don't care if you do. This is not going to be another talk about Kenny's Cobalt thread. I know what my other car runs and I am proud of it. It might be hard for you to swallow that pill, but there are lots of 4 bangers that run 13s and better. SRT-4 Neons, Cobalt SS's, Saturn Sky Redline's and Evo's do it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
post #49 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 12:03 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown4.6
ok what do yall think about the 16 point spread?
If UT picks off the ball Twice before the half.. im pretty sure Texas will cover.
Staying away from this one..Tech has played a weak schedule, but you never know what will happen.

Quote:
post #50 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 12:44 PM
Time Served

I have no respect for Tech. What worthy teams have they played this yr? Nobody. Texas wins, and they win big.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement