Can the white sox's pitching be stoped? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 03:17 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Can the white sox's pitching be stoped?

White Sox's are rolling now, 17 runs allowed in the entire post season so far, three straight CG's and Jose only missed a CG by 2/3's of an inning, if the Astros win the NLCS and the White Sox match up better with them, i dont think they can be stopped or even slowed down
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 12:15 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae11
White Sox's are rolling now, 17 runs allowed in the entire post season so far, three straight CG's and Jose only missed a CG by 2/3's of an inning, if the Astros win the NLCS and the White Sox match up better with them, i dont think they can be stopped or even slowed down
Houston will put a end to that
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 02:13 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

The white sox will win the world series. They can't be stopped.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 02:19 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
The white sox will win the world series. They can't be stopped.
sorry but Houston will stop them. It will go to game 6 or 7 and Houston wins
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 02:22 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
sorry but Houston will stop them. It will go to game 6 or 7 and Houston wins

No chance. You and the media will learn to stop picking the other team when going up against the Sox eventually. Everyone picked Boston, they got swept, and then everyone pick the Angels who are getting dominated. The NL is weaker than the AL. IF the Stros can pull off the upset against the Cards, they will have their hearts broken and get dominated like the Cards did last year.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 02:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
No chance. You and the media will learn to stop picking the other team when going up against the Sox eventually. Everyone picked Boston, they got swept, and then everyone pick the Angels who are getting dominated. The NL is weaker than the AL. IF the Stros can pull off the upset against the Cards, they will have their hearts broken and get dominated like the Cards did last year.
ok then I guess this year both of the sox's will get sweep this year
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

The four horseman cannot be stoped, and how can you say the Astros will sweep the Sox, first the got to get in, second i doubt the white sox struggle in 4 straight games after playing the way they have, Bring them on and watch them go down like the others
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 10:42 PM
Lifer

Its gonna be hard, but the Stros have the heart this year and we have one more game to go. It seems as our younger relief pitchers are becoming the stars this post season so its unpredictable at this point, but we have the players to do it if we get there. Should be a good series.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 11:27 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ac
Its gonna be hard, but the Stros have the heart this year and we have one more game to go. It seems as our younger relief pitchers are becoming the stars this post season so its unpredictable at this point, but we have the players to do it if we get there. Should be a good series.
I think the desire for victory is too strong in the Sox. They have been playing second fiddle to the cubs in Chicago for a long time now. Despite having the best record in the majors for most of the season, ESPN and their own media did not give them the proper coverage or respect. They haven't won a World Series since 1917, and everyone keeps predicing a downfall. They have an "us against the world" attitude that is making them dominate in the playoffs. They are out to prove something and everything is clicking. I just can't imagine Houston even making a series of it. See Boston Vs. the Cards 2004.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 11:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I think the desire for victory is too strong in the Sox. They have been playing second fiddle to the cubs in Chicago for a long time now. Despite having the best record in the majors for most of the season, ESPN and their own media did not give them the proper coverage or respect. They haven't won a World Series since 1917, and everyone keeps predicing a downfall. They have an "us against the world" attitude that is making them dominate in the playoffs. They are out to prove something and everything is clicking. I just can't imagine Houston even making a series of it. See Boston Vs. the Cards 2004.
Yeah well after the 'Stros made history coming back from 15 games under, they want this more than anybody. No one including the media even thought they would make the Wildcard after falling behind. They stepped up and made a historical strong comeback. All I can say is we shall see. May the best team win.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 05:12 AM
190hp4banger

Quote:
When was the last time that the 'Stros were in the World Series ? They want it pretty damn bad. Look back and you'll see they always make it just so far in the season, and never quite make it over the hump. I'd say they want it worse than anyone except for the Red Sox a year ago. Bagwell and Biggio ain't gettin any younger and lord knows how bad they want to be able to say they've at least made it there. Bagwell is on the bench and Biggio leads the league in all-time HBP (hit by pitch), so their time is limited and they know it. I really hope the Sox and 'Stros make it to the big game, and I'd have to go with the pitching of the 'Stros to keep the CWS in check. I'd root for the 'Stros, but my fave teams are : 1. Houston, 2. Atlanta, 3. Chicago W.S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement